Hud1e

May 22, 2019
Persona and Kingdom Hearts coming to the PC, and now Rance Quest translated, I can die happy

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
You are right. But rance games don't play like your standard nukige. With the older versions you couldn't save everyone. It has rpg and rng mechanics to extend gameplay, the older rance games punished you by forcing you to make certain choices like between saving Person A or Person B. Whoever you don't get saved gets raped by the demon army and you'll never be able to recruit them as a character again. TLDR of Rance is the world was given birth to by a Whale. The whale has the mindset of a 3 year old child. His best source of entertainment is suffering of living beings and humans have so far been his best source of entertainment. The lore is pretty interesting though they have a breakdown in a pastebin or the alicesoft wiki somewhere. If you want to fap you can find a ripped CG image set from the usual sites or you can find save data from sagaoz if you want the voices too.
I have the suspicion that I wont be able to fap to it. The art style is not my favorite, so the fetishes will have to give me the mental stimulation. For example, Venus Blood Frontier's art is also pretty low on my list, and I don't even like tentacles, but I fapped like a mad man because it does corruption so well. I'm afraid the silly tone and "comedy rape" stuff will not do it for me.

I'm still interested in playing the series one day for the gameplay though. I had a blast playing Big Bang Age even though I skipped through most of the sex scenes.

ju1zzed

Feb 18, 2018
I have the suspicion that I wont be able to fap to it. The art style is not my favorite, so the fetishes will have to give me the mental stimulation. For example, Venus Blood Frontier's art is also pretty low on my list, and I don't even like tentacles, but I fapped like a mad man because it does corruption so well. I'm afraid the silly tone and "comedy rape" stuff will not do it for me.

I'm still interested in playing the series one day for the gameplay though. I had a blast playing Big Bang Age even though I skipped through most of the sex scenes.
mate play sengoku rance.... magnum is bad.

マッド

Jul 24, 2017

Games like the DAI series won't sell in the current market. Brutal punishing gameplay is no longer a Alicesofts thing. Alicesoft becoming like every other eroge developer. Just copy TABA and sell on DMM. If you want mechanics 9 had some interesting mechanics, because of that the game was nice and short. 8 has tons of gameplay because you need to reroll for weapons so they get better grades... and you can only get them as a rng dungeon drop. In order to unlock the true ending you need to go world 3 or whatever. I don't remember and I'm never redoing that shit again. :KEK:

PierrotSol

Sep 15, 2017
For thoses assholes that wanna criticise the graphics for not being animated or any other aspect of the game just remember this shit is more than 10 years old... so comment with caution cause i`ll pull my hyper weapon on any1 who dares to say anything bad about it
This aint the best Rance game by a long shot though: its grindy and the UI looks ugly. The fact that it took 8ish years to finalize the translation is just horrid.

Im just happy the translation is over so they can focus on the games left (all of which are much better than Quest tbh).

Crossfire260

Aug 6, 2020
This game makes no sense. I can't complete a quest without dying and if I some how manage to not do that, I end up running out of stamina and have zero chance against the bosses. Is there a work-around for this game or something that I'm not doing right?

Anoxida

Aug 27, 2018
This game makes no sense. I can't complete a quest without dying and if I some how manage to not do that, I end up running out of stamina and have zero chance against the bosses. Is there a work-around for this game or something that I'm not doing right?
I had to grind a bit in the beginning (not much, I just replayed a mission or two). Make sure to not stray from the main path too much because you dont wanna waste too many moves. It gets better later on, you can also spend skill points to increase uses. Make sure you have a full party by recruiting in the tavern, as the game progresses you can switch out members during combat if they run out of moves.

WreckMeister

Sep 3, 2017
u need farm for skill points and lvls, the skill "escape" of rance helps a lot

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
nah nowhere near as grindy as Daibanchou...it plays/feels like evenicle.

maybe im just a retard, cuz i dont want to spoiler myself to much on the wiki :KEK::KEK::KEK:
Evenicle wasn't that bad, besides some fights in El Quixote and Hamlet. While I found Daibanchou more fun due it's characters, story and vibe, it felt more grindy at some times if you wanted a clean and fast run clearing several characters. Some event stars are incredibly annoying.

misterday

Apr 27, 2017
i remember 5-7 years ago i played Rance game with cheat engine, LOL. because that time Rance is quite difficult, and so many route.

4.60 star(s) 10 Votes