kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
ugh i love the rance games but holy fuck i hate the "skill" limit why did they decide to copy Pokémon ffs its like a cheap rip off of evenicle now granted im going to keep playing it but my god this grind shit is getting old already

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
ugh i love the rance games but holy fuck i hate the "skill" limit why did they decide to copy Pokémon ffs its like a cheap rip off of evenicle now granted im going to keep playing it but my god this grind shit is getting old already
Seems to be to get people to swap out and use multiple characters more. There's a large roster and what tends to happen in games like this is, you find a party and never switch them out because raising multiple units is a chore. You could think of the skill limits as stamina. When it runs out, gotta switch them to continue in the dungeon. Some quests are short enough that you won't need to swap, but some last for many rooms with a shit ton of fights. At least they balance that out well to not always make it necessary to swap.

There are some mechanics that are clearly made to add grind with needing to raise multiple teams, they even allow you to save different team compositions. Pretty clear what their intention with all of it was. You need to raise multiple teams so you always have characters you can swap to.

It's not a normal rpg system, has some additional grind and weird mechanics but once you accept it, it's not that bad. It's actually kind of nice that the game gets you to use so many different characters. I think the best part is they seem to have reworked the skill reset to always be 100 cost, I think it was originally way more expensive. It allows you to fuck up and fix things once you know what you're doing later on.

Another rough thing to get used to is that you sometimes aren't meant to clear missions in one go. You have to map out a bit of the dungeon/area, retreat, and come back later. Then since you know where to go, it's quicker your 2nd run around and you waste less skills getting to the boss or whatever. I hate retreating so that took me a while to accept, but that's just the way the game works.

Certainly room for improvement with some of the systems, but it's workable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yamemai

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
Seems to be to get people to swap out and use multiple characters more. There's a large roster and what tends to happen in games like this is, you find a party and never switch them out because raising multiple units is a chore. You could think of the skill limits as stamina. When it runs out, gotta switch them to continue in the dungeon. Some quests are short enough that you won't need to swap, but some last for many rooms with a shit ton of fights. At least they balance that out well to not always make it necessary to swap.

There are some mechanics that are clearly made to add grind with needing to raise multiple teams, they even allow you to save different team compositions. Pretty clear what their intention with all of it was.
i get this i really do but fuck my life it really is a chore lol i get the basics and hated sengoku rance with how meticulous it was with needing a guide and all but now its just a "fight till you run out" which gets old fast when you cant win just because you run out of attacks im like idk halfway through world one id imagine maybe so not far but grrr xD

Dec 27, 2019
i get this i really do but fuck my life it really is a chore lol i get the basics and hated sengoku rance with how meticulous it was with needing a guide and all but now its just a "fight till you run out" which gets old fast when you cant win just because you run out of attacks im like idk halfway through world one id imagine maybe so not far but grrr xD
Play on TABA mode by going into alice mantion twice, it doubles xp and gold and it's basically the easy mode of the game making most grinding trivial (though not all of it)

Veneficae

Apr 12, 2019
Cheating in this isn't that hard if you don't care to map out the pointers for it. EXP and Gold is pretty straight forward. However, I haven't tried to mess with skill points or pp since I don't care for cheating to the moon.

• Haha
Reactions: kajidiablo

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
Cheating in this isn't that hard if you don't care to map out the pointers for it. EXP and Gold is pretty straight forward. However, I haven't tried to mess with skill points or pp since I don't care for cheating to the moon.
cheating to the moon as you put it would be max levels being able to easily max and reset them instantly would do all you need

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
See, where you went wrong is expecting people to take the time to read more than the first post of the first page before posting.
ill give you that but god damn at least I'm honest when I'm too lazy and usually its because the thread has 300 some pages

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
See, where you went wrong is expecting people to take the time to read more than the first post of the first page before posting.
i put it under lazy bullshit when someone could search length in the search bar and get the answer xD which like i said been shared a few times from around page 2 on almost lol

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
if anybody happens to find a CE for this that'd be great lol. These games take so much effort otherwise
like Veneficae said CE is simple for exp and gold just search the exp they get after a battle on each member usaly something like 17 or w/e then do another fight then search again then add the 6 or w/e addresses and lock them and set them to something like 100000 (lucky can can) or higher i guess havent done more then that but working fine so far

4.60 star(s) 10 Votes