Read DxD

May 20, 2017
I recommend 6 as the starting point for Rance, it has the best gameplay of the translated titles, it's plot and characters are amazing themselves and also get you invested in the prior games enough to look past their flaws/age. 01 has willingly bad gameplay and it's story isn't that enthralling. Sengoku Rance has a very specific gameplay that most consider overly stressful, and its so stand alone that it does almost nothing to get you invested in prior games.

Also you really shouldnt play Rance to fap, the scenes are about 2 minutes on average, and you can go hours between them. You play it cuz it has shockingly good gameplay and story for something with Rance as the protag.

I'm kind of iffy on 8's gameplay, but the story is enthralling me just as much as 6 so far.

Lou111

Jun 2, 2018
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I was taking in the cheer from everyone but I had to stop and make a post about these youngins who don't know what Rance is. Just download and receive your education ya little brat. Put some hair on your nuts :LOL: Kids these days

• Haha
Reactions: Muff Diver

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Last edited:

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
So MC is cursed so that he can only bed strong women... Please do tell me the details of this.

As for the game as a whole, how has the translation been coming along?

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Thanks! Tbh I'd rather start with original 1st one but its probably not translated?
Don't worry, all of the earlier Rance games have been translated. As of now, only the final two (actually three, as Rance X is a two-parter) games in the series remain untranslated.
Yup like Lunarius said in the last post, they are all translated and can be found in this thread link here Rance Series 1-7

• Red Heart
Reactions: Shirafune

dond1

Jul 29, 2019
I did play Sengoku Rance and the scifi space ship game (not sure what the name was) because those were just so fucking good games (from gameplay perspective). I did not find the H scenes to be anything special back then. I wonder if this game is similar?

Kayin

Sep 18, 2017
Those people complaining about Rance being a jerk...xD

Anyway, I really enjoyed Rance Quest back in the days. I'm pleased to redo it in english this time ! I bought it, Rance only deserve the best from us haha.

So MC is cursed so that he can only bed strong women... Please do tell me the details of this.
Well... that's what it means. He did a mistake and pissed off the wrong person, so now he can only have sex with strong women. In Rance Serie, level isn't something hidden. Everyone knows that by working hard you gain level and get stronger (until you reach your cap, determined at birth by RNG).
Rance curse only allow him to bang high level girls. His dick won't get up if they're not strong enough. Also, each time he have sex with a woman, he'll lower her level, meaning he can't fuck specific girls indefinitely.

And if he don't bang often enough, he'll become impotent.

To escape this nightmare, alongside with another "sidequest", is the main plot of the game.

Lou111

Jun 2, 2018
I did play Sengoku Rance and the scifi space ship game (not sure what the name was) because those were just so fucking good games (from gameplay perspective). I did not find the H scenes to be anything special back then. I wonder if this game is similar?
Literally nothing is like Sengoku Rance. This will be a different experience.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Those people complaining about Rance being a jerk...xD

Anyway, I really enjoyed Rance Quest back in the days. I'm pleased to redo it in english this time ! I bought it, Rance only deserve the best from us haha.

Well... that's what it means. He did a mistake and pissed off the wrong person, so now he can only have sex with strong women. In Rance Serie, level isn't something hidden. Everyone knows that by working hard you gain level and get stronger (until you reach your cap, determined at birth by RNG).
Rance curse only allow him to bang high level girls. His dick won't get up if they're not strong enough. Also, each time he have sex with a woman, he'll lower her level, meaning he can't fuck specific girls indefinitely.

And if he don't bang often enough, he'll become impotent.

To escape this nightmare, alongside with another "sidequest", is the main plot of the game.
I really like the concept of this game. Thank you so much for taking the time to explain the premise to a curious downloader.

4.60 star(s) 10 Votes