S117

Feb 22, 2020
Found a link to a 100% Scene+CG save, but it doesn't seem to do anything about NG+ (or, in game terms, World 2+) so might be outdated once a link for a 100CG+Scene+World 2/3 start comes up.

Reactions: ReefKoras

anon3213

Nov 13, 2017
yeah but easy mode removes a mission or two acording to wiki
and thats no fun
In the original game playing on Easy mode locked you out of some stuff. In the Mangagamer version all TADA mode does is give you Double XP and Double Gold that you would usually get in an encounter. Your not locked out of anything

Rick24

Feb 12, 2018
How can Rance still smile? He lost his waifu in the last game. I was crying. He should do everything to get her back and not just fool around.

• Haha
Reactions: kajidiablo

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
How can Rance still smile? He lost his waifu in the last game. I was crying. He should do everything to get her back and not just fool around.
I haven't started on this game yet but that sounds really sad. Perhaps there is a time gap and this takes place when MC is ready.

errte13

Oct 6, 2020
You make him sounds like a normal man when he's not. He is very self assured, thinking he can fix the issue without really trouble; very selfish so he prioritize his wants in the moment most of the time while slowly working on Sill; looks down on Sill for being a slave while he considers himself to be noble; and unwilling to admit he actually cares for Sill. He's 95% asshole after all.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
You make him sounds like a normal man when he's not. He is very self assured, thinking he can fix the issue without really trouble; very selfish so he prioritize his wants in the moment most of the time while slowly working on Sill; looks down on Sill for being a slave while he considers himself to be noble; and unwilling to admit he actually cares for Sill. He's 95% asshole after all.
So he's like Zap Brannagan? There is an interesting fan theory that says he was a great man until he snapped from sending wave after wave of his own men to be killed. Perhaps Rance's assholery is based similarly on his represses grief as well.

Here's a link to the Zap theory I referred to for reference:

errte13

Oct 6, 2020
So he's like Zap Brannagan? There is an interesting fan theory that says he was a great man until he snapped from sending wave after wave of his own men to be killed. Perhaps Rance's assholery is based similarly on his represses grief as well.

Here's a link to the Zap theory I referred to for reference:
Eh, I'd say it's simply Rance's thing to be very selfish. Even back he was a child he's already a sexual deviant. Here's wiki link that talks a bit about his childhood :

Basically he wanted to fuck someone who later become his mentor and mother figure. Rance doesn't sound some tragic character, just a selfish asshole who likes very much sex, and has a very big ego.

Reactions: Sole and juju2000

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
Yeah, but this game isn't even bad about it. There are even skills to offset it if it bothers you. I feel like a lot of people are judging this on the early gameplay before you can afford to swap out units constantly. Once you have 3 or more switches and enough party members, the game changes a lot. Get some party members up to the 15-20 range and you'll notice a big difference in how the game plays.

I'm not just pulling this out of my ass here, the game was annoying at the start and I can easily see people thinking the game continues to feel like that and giving up. It gets much better. It's a super slow start. Swapping units in dungeon is what really makes this game and you really can't use it much at the start. There are a lot more aoes and shit eventually too that makes combat a breeze. Wait till you get some legit Sorcs or Copandon. I was iffy about the game at the start too but it's become way better now.

Get Stealth Move and maybe Thin Ranks on Ranger/Gunner units. Less fights/monsters, more skills available for the bosses, less swaps needed. It's convenience if you find the grind obnoxious AND helps you succeed in dungeons.

The more I play this the more its growing on me. A lot of stuff I thought was just poorly designed is actually designed to improve the more you play. I guarantee you most the people having trouble with this game just haven't given it a chance and if they did, they'd be all "Well, it's not as bad as I thought, but I still don't like it", because they don't want to admit they jumped to an early conclusion about how good the game was lol. That or the people that just hyped this to shit and expected something that could never exist. The game isn't perfect but it's pretty great.

Probably my only gripe

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You do know that I've played this before right? Like when you have to cross the river or lake part mission and the black screen problem occurs? Plus the annoying monsters and grindy parts I'm sure someone or mangagamer will fix this problem sooner or later

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
ahh you all talk like rance is a litteral asshole thats not completely false but he cant save sill so whenever he visits her he complains he wants to help but doesnt have the emotional range to show it, he misses her at any rate thats obvious if you play the damn game

• Angry
Reactions: Sole and juju2000
Dec 27, 2019
yeah but easy mode removes a mission or two acording to wiki
and thats no fun
Those are pretty much just challenge missions not story related missions and you wouldn't do those anyway until you have like 100+ hours into the game and all your characters maxed cause those will destroy you

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
Those are pretty much just challenge missions not story related missions and you wouldn't do those anyway until you have like 100+ hours into the game and all your characters maxed cause those will destroy you
your not really selling your point, basicly that would mean to go through them id have to replay the game get 100+ hours into it again just to play those missions, seems pointless doing it that way when i can just suffer once instead of twice

• Angry
Reactions: juju2000

MK-VII

Sep 14, 2019
This comes out just when I have no free time *sighs*, gonna add this to my backlog of games to play

Kayin

Sep 18, 2017
Just to confirm, are you referring to The Collapse of Zeth? There seems to be a few x.1 or unnumbered releases so I'm not sure where the 6th is supposed to land.
Correct, it's The Collapse of Zeth. It's an amazing dungeon crawler, even by today's standards. The story puts you asap into the action, the cast is wonderful and the gameplay is smooth. A tad grindy but nothing alarming.

The story is set in a country where people who are not able to use magic are treated like animals and slaves.

Sadly for him, Rance isn't a magician and some events put him in a slave prison. While trying to escape, he'll encounter people trying to do a coup d'etat and enforce a revolution in this country. At first he didn't care at all, but when he put 2 and 2 together and see this as an opportunity to bang a lot of girls, his mind was set to lead the revolution and educate those filfthy mages.

Reactions: BiriBiriisTheBes

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
Correct, it's The Collapse of Zeth. It's an amazing dungeon crawler, even by today's standards. The story puts you asap into the action, the cast is wonderful and the gameplay is smooth. A tad grindy but nothing alarming.

The story is set in a country where people who are not able to use magic are treated like animals and slaves.

Sadly for him, Rance isn't a magician and some events put him in a slave prison. While trying to escape, he'll encounter people trying to do a coup d'etat and enforce a revolution in this country. At first he didn't care at all, but when he put 2 and 2 together and see this as an opportunity to bang a lot of girls, his mind was set to lead the revolution and educate those filfthy mages.
makes me think of rance 2 or maybe 3 (been a few years) when sill was treated as nobility for having magic while rance is tossed into the dungen so you fight through it to "rescue" sill and get out

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Just found the glory of tacticians with surprise attack, boy that makes training easier. Arlcoate Marius is OP. Going to try to speed her up so I can get her buffs out quicker.

Tooski

Dec 16, 2016
checked the wiki on skills - lmao Rance's sex skill seemingly has no purpose actually in game.

4.60 star(s) 10 Votes