sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
Not a full game, looking at the days left its barely the beginning, so dont believe the 1.0
btw version of game - o.1, not "1.0"
It's a different game ill give you that, but just a tip* don't call 1.0 when it's not finished or even close to refer to it a chapter instead since you're using the ren'py and most of it's vanila features without anything special coded in.
One of the easiest ways to tell someone has no programming experience is when they complain about someone using version numbering "wrong."

It's a completely arbitrary "system," folks. The only important factor is internal consistency.

Reactions: Blacktusk

meliv

Nov 22, 2018
sdibolcrif said:
One of the easiest ways to tell someone has no programming experience is when they complain about someone using version numbering "wrong."

It's a completely arbitrary "system," folks. The only important factor is internal consistency.
Nothing exists in a vacuum, the fact is that most programs follow a set system when it comes to numbering their versions (1.0 meaning a version with all the planned features complete), therefor there are certain expectations set for ALL programmers.

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
@4MW You have no idea how happy I am to finally see a new game in the vein of Defiler Wings! Especially one with an actual plot, unique characters, and just general immersiveness (as opposed to DW's "mate with/eat generic captive, hunt cows, repeat" grind).

Few thoughts:

Agree with others on the huntress, that could be a great opportunity for a romantic subplot! Just as long as you don't rush it anyway - she should only grudgingly thank you for saving her (if that), and only fall for you based on decisions later on.

You've mentioned you want non-con to be a major theme, but keep in mind there are more ways to initiate such scenes than just straight-up violent force. The farmhand, for instance, is clearly scared out of her mind by you (hell, she doesn't even try to resist if you choose to eat her) - just ordering her to present herself should suffice there.

Speaking of said farmhand, trying to fuck her ass tells you she can't take you yet... but you can't revisit her afterward. Any plans to change that? ;)

Like others have said, the kobolds ain't exactly koboldy... I get that the design is a result of the face creator you're using, but unless you plan to commission art for Petruk (and any others) you should probably call them something else.

Your fangirl's approach to anal - both her commitment and calling her ass her "special dragon hole" is so cute that I both find it hard to resist but also feel really bad about lying to her about her being able to get pregnant that way :(
I hope if we take that route we'll still be able to fuck her pussy too to fulfill her dreams?
Also, why doesn't she give her name or ask for yours? You'd think she'd want an actual introduction with the lizard she fell for at first sight :p

I'll probably think of other things too, but that's it for now!

Nothing exists in a vacuum, the fact is that most programs follow a set system when it comes to numbering their versions (1.0 meaning a version with all the planned features complete), therefor there are certain expectations set for ALL programmers.
If your only exposure to WIP releases is amateur hgame devs, sure, since they're typically just basing their approach solely off what they've seen from, you guessed it, other amateur hgame devs. In general it's perfectly acceptable - even common - to label the initial public release (especially within a certain category - alpha, beta, final, etc) as 1.0.
Or, hell, even just using whatever private version number you were at - I wouldn't bat an eye at seeing an initial release labeled 0.4.7.

My point was/is, if you have "certain expectations" of numbering, that's your problem, not the developer's.

Reactions: 4MinuteWarning

meliv

Nov 22, 2018
sdibolcrif said:
If your only exposure to WIP releases is amateur hgame devs, sure, since they're typically just basing their approach solely off what they've seen from, you guessed it, other amateur hgame devs. In general it's perfectly acceptable - even common - to label the initial public release (especially within a certain category - alpha, beta, final, etc) as 1.0.
Or, hell, even just using whatever private version number you were at - I wouldn't bat an eye at seeing an initial release labeled 0.4.7.

My point was/is, if you have "certain expectations" of numbering, that's your problem, not the developer's.
Its not merely my problem its the problem of every consumer who expect certain quality from the product when its numbered to be 1.XX compared to 0.XX.
Hopefully I dont have to explain why consumers problems with the product are absolutely also the developers problems.

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017

Its not merely my problem its the problem of every consumer who expect certain quality from the product when its numbered to be 1.XX compared to 0.XX.
Hopefully I dont have to explain why consumers problems with the product are absolutely also the developers problems.
It's like he stated it, it shouldn't be a problem to name it differently even if it is prior to the final version. Just a simple example, "Minecraft" had an alpha and beta branch before the final version and its continuation, and the beta went up to 1.8 (I think).
As long as it is labelled as "alpha", "beta" or something similar it shouldn't be confusing, but I have to agree that it is missing here.

Bridget_The_Nun

Certified Benis Inspector
Donor
Jan 20, 2017

When did I claim the numbering system was wrong?
I gave a tip regarding the naming of the releases so as not to confuse the end user.

Also
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4MinuteWarning

Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
Hey folks! The first patch is complete (and is in the requests forum for upload), so I have some time to catch up on comments.

So like, is this a humanoid dragon? A really small dragon? A dragon polymorphing into human form?
I have deliberately avoided being explicit on this, as I want people to be able to project their own ideas onto the character. For what it's worth, I imagine it's a dragon about the size of a large human (and growing larger as the game progresses), but I respect your headcanons.

Is there a patreon?
There is not. This is something I make in my spare time for fun, and I didn't want to make it too much like a job. If you'd like to provide support, you can give me feedback, ideas, or compliments. If you like writing, or wanna commission someone who is, I'm always thirsty for new content to set into the code.

@4MW You have no idea how happy I am to finally see a new game in the vein of Defiler Wings! Especially one with an actual plot, unique characters, and just general immersiveness (as opposed to DW's "mate with/eat generic captive, hunt cows, repeat" grind).
Thank you so much! That is pretty much exactly what I was shooting for.

Agree with others on the huntress, that could be a great opportunity for a romantic subplot! Just as long as you don't rush it anyway - she should only grudgingly thank you for saving her (if that), and only fall for you based on decisions later on.
We think in similar ways! The Huntress arc now splits in three directions, with payoffs further down the line. I wanted to get an extra scene in for the hostile route, but it would have delayed the patch so I'm bumping it to the next one.

You've mentioned you want non-con to be a major theme, but keep in mind there are more ways to initiate such scenes than just straight-up violent force. The farmhand, for instance, is clearly scared out of her mind by you (hell, she doesn't even try to resist if you choose to eat her) - just ordering her to present herself should suffice there.

Speaking of said farmhand, trying to fuck her ass tells you she can't take you yet... but you can't revisit her afterward. Any plans to change that? ;)
I'm trying to introduce variety where I can, and I like your "submission via fear" angle. I'll add it in! I can confirm that the farmer is 100% revisitable (and, ah, trainable) in Chapter 3.

Like others have said, the kobolds ain't exactly koboldy... I get that the design is a result of the face creator you're using, but unless you plan to commission art for Petruk (and any others) you should probably call them something else.
They are on the commission queue :)

Your fangirl's approach to anal - both her commitment and calling her ass her "special dragon hole" is so cute that I both find it hard to resist but also feel really bad about lying to her about her being able to get pregnant that way :(
I hope if we take that route we'll still be able to fuck her pussy too to fulfill her dreams?
Also, why doesn't she give her name or ask for yours? You'd think she'd want an actual introduction with the lizard she fell for at first sight :p
I figured she'd be a bit too excited to bother with formalities, but there's some proper conversation to come. Her name is Darja, if you're wondering, but she'll let you call her whatever you want. There's some... interesting stuff about the pregnancy route, but I don't want to spoiler it just yet.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
so..i bumfucked a nun...have a cutie as my consort who's hoohaa i ravaged..kobalts follow me..end of content...dammit!!! all the naughty is paintings in the background hidden by who you are naughtying...not cool dude..lol

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
So then presumably the sex scenes would not depict any actual sexual activity? If you're respecting our 'head cannon' then you can't do a scene showing a human dick going into the girl because that would violate the head cannon of those imagining a quadrupedal beast? Am I understanding this?

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
There's some... interesting stuff about the pregnancy route, but I don't want to spoiler it just yet.
Sounds interesting... I'm more asking though whether the two options are going to be mutually exclusive, though. Like I said, I love her enthusiasm if you pick anal, but feel bad about denying her the dragonbabies she wants, heh.
Unless there's some sort of bizarre dragon magic that actually will let her get pregnant from buttsex anyway :p

So then presumably the sex scenes would not depict any actual sexual activity? If you're respecting our 'head cannon' then you can't do a scene showing a human dick going into the girl because that would violate the head cannon of those imagining a quadrupedal beast? Am I understanding this?
The PC's dong is actually one of the few things specifically described in-game (In the maid scene: "The flesh of your cock is a purpled red, with an angled tip. It extends and hardens quickly, revealing pronounced ridges and contours." Possibly described in other scenes too, not sure), so ambiguity isn't an issue there.

LossRaca

May 27, 2017
@4MW in my opinion it would be great if you are a real big as dragon, with the possibility to shapeshift into a humanlike form just an idea to drop off^^

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
@4MW in my opinion it would be great if you are a real big as dragon, with the possibility to shapeshift into a humanlike form just an idea to drop off^^
Reminder that you're newly hatched and start out indoors to boot. No coming out of the egg Smaug sized and fully powered, yo.

LossRaca

May 27, 2017
i meen over time xD what kind of danger could you be if you stay a hatchling the hole game^^

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
i meen over time xD what kind of danger could you be if you stay a hatchling the hole game^^
The guy whose arm you can tear off about five minutes into the game might have something to say about that... I mean, put like this: you know what kind of menace (or ) can be? Well you're about equally large, powerful and well-armed... *plus* intelligent, capable of formulating long-term plans and prolly have majiks up the wazoo.

Don't need to be the size of a city block to be majorly dangerous.

4MinuteWarning

Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
Sounds interesting... I'm more asking though whether the two options are going to be mutually exclusive, though. Like I said, I love her enthusiasm if you pick anal, but feel bad about denying her the dragonbabies she wants, heh.
Unless there's some sort of bizarre dragon magic that actually will let her get pregnant from buttsex anyway :p
Ah! I misunderstood you - yes, you will be able to change paths (so to speak) if you want to.

You will develop physically in different ways as the game progresses, dependent on your stat balance - with large size and shapeshifting being two of the options I'm keen to explore!

Apr 24, 2018
There is not. This is something I make in my spare time for fun, and I didn't want to make it too much like a job. If you'd like to provide support, you can give me feedback, ideas, or compliments. If you like writing, or wanna commission someone who is, I'm always thirsty for new content to set into the code.
Hm... I love writing. I don't want it to feel like a job either, so I'm not going to promise to be consistent at all, but if you're really thirsty PM me on what sort of scenes you need.

4.60 star(s) 198 Votes