• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
Previously the progression looked like this:
  • Spare the wolfgirl
    • Wolfgirl joins you as ally, pack follows
  • Humiliate the wolfgirl (you or the pack)
    • Pack joins you as ally
      • Domesticate wolfgirl
      • Turn wolfgirl over to her pack
Now it’s more like:
  • Spare the wolfgirl
  • Make the wolfgirl yours
      • Keep wolfgirl as ally (with benefits)
      • Domesticate wolfgirl
      • Turn wolfgirl over to pack
    • Pack joins you as ally
I think that has a bit more variety, and plays better into the Alpha/Beta/Gamma dynamic. I think it's worth mentioning that turning her over to her pack will still have advantages - your hordes' morale is an important factor for Chapter 4, and one of the ways you can secure their loyalty is via the artful gifting of, um, assets.
Will there be an option to "beat" the wolfgirl through charm?
Or alternatively, will you get enough strength by progressing to chapter 3 to beat her?

Reactions: 4MinuteWarning

Regula

Jan 22, 2018
Or alternatively, will you get enough strength by progressing to chapter 3 to beat her?
I think you look kinda nice! *wolf girl takes 5 damage*, *wolf girl is charmed*, *wolf girl is confused*

Reactions: sora21345

sora21345

Oct 28, 2017
It's pretty straightforward at the moment:
  • Emasculate the regent when you get the chance
  • If you see her, don't abandon the huntress to the centaurs
When it becomes relevant, I'll also add an NTR content flag with the power to override the standard narrative.

They're on their way in Chapter 3! I need to have the lair framework in order to manage things like minion recruitment and personal arcs.
so what do u think of my conversation

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
I'm keen to offer as much freedom as possible, and to extend/branch existing scenes when I can. What new options would you like to see?
well i guess you will stick to the style you currently offer (as changing it would require to recreate the whole game). so i guess the only option is to extend / change current events and put in new events.
let's see...

the event where ya gotta flee from the town is one sided. it doesn't matter where you go, you either flee or get killed. if you attempt to flee you always end up in that house before you fly off and fuck off there. my suggestion: depending on the route you choose the player should get a trait. e.g. when sneaking into the house you can convince that guy to let him stay there for a short while, giving you +1 in seduction. if you attempt to go through the sewers and attack the soldiers on the market stand, you should get +1 strength. something along the lines.

most events in chapter 2 the player can choose from are unpredictable. the first time and stalked that drunken girl in the swamps, i thought the dragon would eat her. but nah, he just fucked her. some kind of scouting info what the dragon attempts to do there or at least tries to do there would be nice. in that specific event i also miss that the dragon simply tells her what he is to make her fear out of shock, giving the dragon more cruelty or something (or maybe pounding her a lot harder than normally?).

the witch in that swamp puzzles me. that undead simply tells me to leave her alone... but why was the witch implemented in the first place when i have no chance of doing something there? or did i miss something? if not, i would suggest some cooperation with that undead. could be a fun lil' story where the witch gets distracted by those undeads while the dragon surprises her from behind or so. apart from that, a new player scoutin the witch's area will simply lose time ...for nothing, which leaves to the problem i spoke about before. due to these unpredictable events new palyers gotta guess where to go while having a timer poking their back. at the end you either have to invest quite some time with reloading and figuring things out yourself or by using walkthroughs... and that's never a good sign for a game that tries to tell ya a great story ya know. i really highly sugest some sort of scouting info for locations and events. being a dragon able to fly in order to scout the area must count for something, aye?

another event that puzzled me was at the sewers underneath a town in lowlands (? can't remember the name anymore). two thieves wanna sneak in steal lots of shit. the thing is, no matter when i check up on them they tell me i should wait. well, is this event simply unfinished or...?
mercenary and stable events are fine. i do miss a rape option for the mecenary though (we are playing a dragon after all, taking what we want...right?).

the forest event had quite some bugs. apart from that i think this event would be a great opportunity to let the player breath a bit by giving them a bit more time. after all, if we have enough strenght, we can save that assassin from getting raped. that should count for something, right?

the event with the wolf girl was already discussed a lot and i agree to the others. lots of missed opportunities here i think.

half of the mountain locations are useless and don't have any events, e.g. the fortress. why are they in the game when i can't do anything there?

the girl at the campfire lacks a cruel option for the player, like simply binding her on a tree, fucking her relentlessly and then just leaving her there for others to use.

i don't get why finding a place to sleep already progresses the story, even though i have days left. wouldn't it be better to let the player investigate some more events 'til the time runs out? and when it runs out the dragon can simply fly off and fly back to his lil' secret hideout. you can even combine it weith the forest event, by letting the assassin tell the dragon, that she will find and hunt him down at a given time. and when the time runs out the dragon plays it safe, flies up into the sky and flies back to his hideout (if the player found a hideout for him). if the player didn't find a hideout at the given time a game over scene appears where the dragon simply tries to find a secret spot in the forest to sleep yet got spotted by the assassin or so.

about the art: you really need a proper artist. i know it's fucking difficult to find one, especially if money is scarce. maybe asking around on newgrounds or simply making it some kind of community project where artists could use your game as some sort of platform to show their great skills miiight work. maybe there are even enough people here on f95 that would be willing to do some art once in a while, who knows. ofc. i'm just thinking loud here.

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
Now it’s more like:
  • Spare the wolfgirl
      • Domesticate wolfgirl
    • Pack joins you as ally
I think that has a bit more variety, and plays better into the Alpha/Beta/Gamma dynamic.
Glad my idea works out that well!
Also, I hope even as an "ally"-with-benefits she'll still remember her place ;)

the witch in that swamp puzzles me. that undead simply tells me to leave her alone... but why was the witch implemented in the first place when i have no chance of doing something there? or did i miss something?

another event that puzzled me was at the sewers underneath a town in lowlands (? can't remember the name anymore). two thieves wanna sneak in steal lots of shit. the thing is, no matter when i check up on them they tell me i should wait. well, is this event simply unfinished or...?

half of the mountain locations are useless and don't have any events, e.g. the fortress. why are they in the game when i can't do anything there?
Everything you've mentioned is pretty blatantly intended for Chapter 3. The fortress and the witch encounter both straight up tell you you need to build your power before coming back, and the thieves tell you to come back "next moon" (which I assume is intended to mean month).
Keep in mind that just about everything currently in the game is there to be built upon going forward.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Previously the progression looked like this:
  • Spare the wolfgirl
  • Humiliate the wolfgirl (you or the pack)
    • Pack joins you as ally
      • Domesticate wolfgirl
Now it’s more like:
  • Spare the wolfgirl
      • Domesticate wolfgirl
    • Pack joins you as ally
I think that has a bit more variety, and plays better into the Alpha/Beta/Gamma dynamic. I think it's worth mentioning that turning her over to her pack will still have advantages - your hordes' morale is an important factor for Chapter 4, and one of the ways you can secure their loyalty is via the artful gifting of, um, assets.
Hopefully we'll be able to hand over more women to the pack.

4MinuteWarning

Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
Once you have a lair, it'll be possible to convince them to join you without a fight - but Naho is not much of a talker, and pretty strongly biased against dragons, so it won't be easy. You gain bonus strength and charm with every chapter.

I think you look kinda nice! *wolf girl takes 5 damage*, *wolf girl is charmed*, *wolf girl is confused*
*Corruption Of Champions flashbacks*

so what do u think of my conversation
With regards anthro? Well, there's hybrids in-world, with a reason why they are so - hence the wolf tribe, centaurs, minotaurs (in Chapter 3), and the occasional wandering oddity. I might add more classically anthro stuff later on, but - given the low overlap for artists - it's likely to remain at the nekomimi/beast level for a while yet.

the event where ya gotta flee from the town is one sided. it doesn't matter where you go, you either flee or get killed. if you attempt to flee you always end up in that house before you fly off and fuck off there. my suggestion: depending on the route you choose the player should get a trait. e.g. when sneaking into the house you can convince that guy to let him stay there for a short while, giving you +1 in seduction. if you attempt to go through the sewers and attack the soldiers on the market stand, you should get +1 strength. something along the lines.
Ooh, that's a nice idea! I'm on it.

most events in chapter 2 the player can choose from are unpredictable. the first time and stalked that drunken girl in the swamps, i thought the dragon would eat her. but nah, he just fucked her. some kind of scouting info what the dragon attempts to do there or at least tries to do there would be nice. in that specific event i also miss that the dragon simply tells her what he is to make her fear out of shock, giving the dragon more cruelty or something (or maybe pounding her a lot harder than normally?).
You can eat the drunk if you choose to! Make sure you have Vore turned on.

the witch in that swamp puzzles me. that undead simply tells me to leave her alone... but why was the witch implemented in the first place when i have no chance of doing something there? or did i miss something? if not, i would suggest some cooperation with that undead. could be a fun lil' story where the witch gets distracted by those undeads while the dragon surprises her from behind or so. apart from that, a new player scoutin the witch's area will simply lose time ...for nothing, which leaves to the problem i spoke about before. due to these unpredictable events new palyers gotta guess where to go while having a timer poking their back. at the end you either have to invest quite some time with reloading and figuring things out yourself or by using walkthroughs... and that's never a good sign for a game that tries to tell ya a great story ya know. i really highly sugest some sort of scouting info for locations and events. being a dragon able to fly in order to scout the area must count for something, aye?
The witch is an important character, who will get their comeuppance in Chapter 3 - and you guessed correctly that the wisps will be involved. I kinda like the discovery angle at the moment, but I'll give it another look after I've finished the current raft of work.

mercenary and stable events are fine. i do miss a rape option for the mecenary though (we are playing a dragon after all, taking what we want...right?).
When doing the first set of scenes, I wanted to vary the flavour somewhat - so with the merchant, it's all about the coercion. I'll put a note to come back and add a brute-force option later.

the girl at the campfire lacks a cruel option for the player, like simply binding her on a tree, fucking her relentlessly and then just leaving her there for others to use.
But there are so much crueler things you can do after gaining her trust! Having said that though, I'll add her to the list of brute-force fill-ins.

i don't get why finding a place to sleep already progresses the story, even though i have days left. wouldn't it be better to let the player investigate some more events 'til the time runs out? and when it runs out the dragon can simply fly off and fly back to his lil' secret hideout.
Spare days (and unseen encounters) will carry over to Chapter 3, but in the meantime I like the wandering idea. I'll have a play with the fangirl content and see if I can make it work.

about the art: you really need a proper artist. i know it's fucking difficult to find one, especially if money is scarce. maybe asking around on newgrounds or simply making it some kind of community project where artists could use your game as some sort of platform to show their great skills miiight work. maybe there are even enough people here on f95 that would be willing to do some art once in a while, who knows. ofc. i'm just thinking loud here.
I've got some of my own cash to get things started, and finding a proper artist is definitely a high priority. I don't have much organisational time at the moment (I'm very busy on the next patch, and my meatspace job!), but I'll get on it as soon as I can.

Glad my idea works out that well!
Also, I hope even as an "ally"-with-benefits she'll still remember her place ;)
If she forgets, I'm sure you'll be on hand to remind her ;)

Everything you've mentioned is pretty blatantly intended for Chapter 3. The fortress and the witch encounter both straight up tell you you need to build your power before coming back, and the thieves tell you to come back "next moon" (which I assume is intended to mean month).
Keep in mind that just about everything currently in the game is there to be built upon going forward.
Bingo! I wanted to get the framework up, and long-term characters introduced, so that I'm not splicing things in after the fact. Overall the intent was to make you feel vulnerable in Chapter 1, and opportunistic in Chapter 2 - an arc which will gradually extend to real ultimate power.

Hopefully we'll be able to hand over more women to the pack.
You know it.

4MinuteWarning

Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
Version 1.3 is live, and I've requested an upload! I'm still working on some requested features (better escape scenes, free roam after finding your lair). However, I've got enough new content to justify a release, and I didn't want to make you wait in the meantime.

V1.3, “Blue Wyrmling”

Features

• You have more choices in how you treat the defeated wolfgirl. Your decisions affect repeat visits, as well as your narrative routes with Naho in the upcoming chapter.
  • A new scene has been added if you return to the wildlands after having defeated Naho, but haven’t turned her over to her pack.
  • When pressed by the kobolds on whether the fangirl is your wife, you can now dump her in the worst possible way. This opens up two new narrative routes with the fangirl.
  • A Charm route to emasculate the regent has been added.
  • You will gain a new power at the end of Chapter 2. The power you get depends on which of your core stats (Strength, Charm, Potency) is highest.
Tweaks

• An NTR content flag has been added to the Preferences menu, which is enabled by default. If disabled, Princess Adeline cannot be menaced as a result of your choices.
  • Many temporary CGs have had their appearance improved.
  • Sabetha & Inej have had a makeover.
  • Mercenaries are now a bit more diverse.
  • Marginally improved the appearance of the “days remaining” overlay.
  • The “days remaining” overlay will now disappear during scenes.
  • Quotation marks added to speech lines.
  • Standardised transitions for scenes.
Fixes
  • Fixed broken narrator for Centaur Alpha.
  • Fixed (another) broken sprite for Huntress Maelys.
  • Fixed incorrectly sized sprites for Naho.
  • Fixed some missing voice lines for Naho.
  • Corrected pathing after hunting cattle at the farm.
  • Numerous small improvements to scene direction.

Big Green

Aug 19, 2017
Btw 4MW will you add more races into the game? Like orcs, minotaurs, dwarves, lizardfolk, etc.

Regula

Jan 22, 2018
Version 1.3 is live, and I've requested an upload! I'm still working on some requested features (better escape scenes, free roam after finding your lair). However, I've got enough new content to justify a release, and I didn't want to make you wait in the meantime.

V1.3, “Blue Wyrmling”

Features

• You have more choices in how you treat the defeated wolfgirl. Your decisions affect repeat visits, as well as your narrative routes with Naho in the upcoming chapter.
  • A new scene has been added if you return to the wildlands after having defeated Naho, but haven’t turned her over to her pack.
  • When pressed by the kobolds on whether the fangirl is your wife, you can now dump her in the worst possible way. This opens up two new narrative routes with the fangirl.
  • A Charm route to emasculate the regent has been added.
  • You will gain a new power at the end of Chapter 2. The power you get depends on which of your core stats (Strength, Charm, Potency) is highest.
Tweaks

• An NTR content flag has been added to the Preferences menu, which is enabled by default. If disabled, Princess Adeline cannot be menaced as a result of your choices.
  • Many temporary CGs have had their appearance improved.
  • Sabetha & Inej have had a makeover.
  • Mercenaries are now a bit more diverse.
  • Marginally improved the appearance of the “days remaining” overlay.
  • The “days remaining” overlay will now disappear during scenes.
  • Quotation marks added to speech lines.
  • Standardised transitions for scenes.
Fixes
  • Fixed broken narrator for Centaur Alpha.
  • Fixed (another) broken sprite for Huntress Maelys.
  • Fixed incorrectly sized sprites for Naho.
  • Fixed some missing voice lines for Naho.
  • Corrected pathing after hunting cattle at the farm.
  • Numerous small improvements to scene direction.
Welp, time to rush through this again.

Reactions: sora21345

sora21345

Oct 28, 2017
wanted to ask but once u finish adding a shit ton of content into the game is it possible to play as a female dragon later on

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
Have you thought about adding a gauge or counter for the core stats?
It's nothing major but I think it would be a good quality of life improvement.

Qwasar

Apr 20, 2017
@4MW : Hi. I tried the game and it feels great to play. Still, I don't get why I have to choose a bride at the end of chapter 2. I actually liked the princess, and it's not like I'm interested in making the harem girls feel special if I'm using them to get back to the throne (while at the same time I'm not interested in cruel slavery either. something more like a "you want to stay with me, then help me with this" kind of thing). Along the way I may choose a different girl instead of the princess, who knows, but stating out that "this girl here is my bride" right off the bat is weird, if we think about how the story started. imho the protagonist should be thinking about:
- how to remove the regent
- how to save the princess
- how to convince the people/soldiers/aristocracy that she and the dragon are the right ones to lead the kingdom

while the other girls should, at least at the beginning, be seen as tools. from there personal storylines may start and change the outcome, but imho, that should be the starting point to stay coherent with the introduction.

edit: reload to see the entire post, I edited this thing more than 10 times, as ideas came out.

4.60 star(s) 199 Votes