zeraligator

May 25, 2018
@4MW : Hi. I tried the game and it feels great to play. Still, I don't get why I have to choose a bride at the end of chapter 2. I actually liked the princess, and it's not like I'm interested in making the harem girls feel special if I'm using them to get back to the throne (while at the same time I'm not interested in cruel slavery either. something more like a "you want to stay with me, then help me with this" kind of thing). Along the way I may choose a different girl instead of the princess, who knows, but stating out that "this girl here is my bride" right off the bat is weird, if we think about how the story started. imho the protagonist should be thinking about:
- how to remove the regent
- how to save the princess
- how to convince the people/soldiers/aristocracy that she and the dragon are the right ones to lead the kingdom

while the other girls should, at least at the beginning, be seen as tools. from there personal storylines may start and change the outcome, but imho, that should be the starting point to stay coherent with the introduction.

edit: reload to see the entire post, I edited this thing more than 10 times, as ideas came out.
I'd like the relationships with girls be based on the treatment of the girls or dialogue choices and possibly the personal story lines\quests to deepen relationships.
But I do agree that chapter two is way to early to choose a bride, also I only found the fangirl "illegible" as a bride. And the choice between taking her as your bride or letting her be raped by gobbo's is not a hard choice for me(I am quite a softie).

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@4MW

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 4431, in script
"When you are finished, they look at you with a strange cast to their eyes.{w=0.5] There is anger there, certainly, but also a newfound respect."
Exception: Open text tag at end of string u'When you are finished, they look at you with a strange cast to their eyes.{w=0.5] There is anger there, certainly, but also a newfound respect.'.

Reactions: 4MinuteWarning

A360

Jun 29, 2018
Not really found one like this on here, more fun than I thought been a Dragon. Real shame the CGs are blurry though, unfortunately spoils it. When the Cgs are not blurry the game will be great. Do wish the timer was more generous or could be turned off as well. Surprised the dev didn't try a patreon or at least I looked and couldn't find one.

Regula

Jan 22, 2018
Can we...get a single more day? Or can you make it so that claiming a nest doesn't take a day and get you killed by the huntress? xD

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
Yeah, just a single more day would fix everything
I think a better solution would be if it didn't take a day to establish a lair, because with a single day more you just put of the problem. I don't think it is very beginner friendly if they try to establish a lair on the last day and die anyways.

4MinuteWarning

Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
wanted to ask but once u finish adding a shit ton of content into the game is it possible to play as a female dragon later on
It would involve a lot of rework on scenes, narrative arcs, and CGs - so it's very unlikely.

Have you thought about adding a gauge or counter for the core stats?
It's nothing major but I think it would be a good quality of life improvement.
That's a good idea! I'm slowly learning the UI language, so I'll add more stuff as I gain confidence with it.

@4MW : Hi. I tried the game and it feels great to play. Still, I don't get why I have to choose a bride at the end of chapter 2.
You're perfectly able to change your mind (in either direction) later on! You're just being put on the spot, and have to say something. A lot of the fangirl's upcoming arc is intended to highlight the very, ah, lopsided nature of the relationship. What dialogue option would you want to see?

I'd like the relationships with girls be based on the treatment of the girls or dialogue choices and possibly the personal story lines\quests to deepen relationships.
That is absolutely going to be the case :) Work continues apace on Chapter 3!

@4MWI'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
Thanks for the spot! I've caught the bug, and it'll be fixed in the next release.

Not really found one like this on here, more fun than I thought been a Dragon. Real shame the CGs are blurry though, unfortunately spoils it. When the Cgs are not blurry the game will be great. Do wish the timer was more generous or could be turned off as well. Surprised the dev didn't try a patreon or at least I looked and couldn't find one.
The CGs are borrowed (with permission) until I can substitute in my own - the blur is part of the deal. I'm talking with artists now, so hopefully they won't last too long!

Can we...get a single more day? Or can you make it so that claiming a nest doesn't take a day and get you killed by the huntress? xD
As you ask so nicely, I'll pop an extra day into the next build :)
The huntress will appear after your final day.

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
It would involve a lot of rework on scenes, narrative arcs, and CGs - so it's very unlikely.

That's a good idea! I'm slowly learning the UI language, so I'll add more stuff as I gain confidence with it.

You're perfectly able to change your mind (in either direction) later on! You're just being put on the spot, and have to say something. A lot of the fangirl's upcoming arc is intended to highlight the very, ah, lopsided nature of the relationship. What dialogue option would you want to see?

That is absolutely going to be the case :) Work continues apace on Chapter 3!

Thanks for the spot! I've caught the bug, and it'll be fixed in the next release.

The CGs are borrowed (with permission) until I can substitute in my own - the blur is part of the deal. I'm talking with artists now, so hopefully they won't last too long!

As you ask so nicely, I'll pop an extra day into the next build :)
Great to know we can expect some relationship development, also as I stated in the post above yours, removing the time cost for establishing a lair would make it a lot more beginner friendly and easier to plan around. This is because you won't go into the lair to establish it and get killed as soon as you press the button, thinking you just made it.

Reactions: 4MinuteWarning

4MinuteWarning

Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
Great to know we can expect some relationship development, also as I stated in the post above yours, removing the time cost for establishing a lair would make it a lot more beginner friendly and easier to plan around. This is because you won't go into the lair to establish it and get killed as soon as you press the button, thinking you just made it.
Yep, the thread just moved very quickly :D I'll have a play with different approaches, and see what I can make work.

Any difference in spending time in ch2 instead of rushing ch3? Aside from the huntress maybe.
All of the encounters you see in Ch2 (except the huntress) can be done in Ch3. However, Ch3 has some potential followup encounters that will be dependent on choices made in Ch2.

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
Yep, the thread just moved very quickly :D I'll have a play with different approaches, and see what I can make work.

All of the encounters you see in Ch2 (except the huntress) can be done in Ch3. However, Ch3 has some potential followup encounters that will be dependent on choices made in Ch2.
My question on the lair still stands. If you think it's fine the way it is, that's fine I'd just like to know your thoughts on it.

4.60 star(s) 200 Votes