EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
BannerReCurse.png

Overview:
You play a fallen overlord who has lost his/her memory and relives the same day over and over again (part of the game become skipable as you progress farther).
Can you break the cycle? How many mortals will you corrupt to achieve your goal?
This is a time management game, dangers will come to you and you have to be ready before it happens or you'll die.
Everytime you die, you're sent in the past, but retain some of your progress (skill, some special upgrades etc).​

Thread Updated: 2024-04-24
Release Date: 2024-04-23
Developer: GratuitousLove -
Censored: No
Version: 0.91b
Language: English
Other Games: Shadow over Meridia
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
All: - - - -

after.png b02.png 5.png 08Female.png MaskedNoBG.png Capture4.PNG slutMaskedSeed.png petiPatelinSlime.png natsumi.png b03.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Sinisterheat

Nov 19, 2018
Sounds fun. Starting from beginning would suck more if you weren't able to retain some of your skills and such, I'll agree lol. Backtracking is usually something that irritates me to no end, but that's because most games make it so you start over with nothing. I'll be watching the progress with this. Has a great concept to it and I hope the dev continues improving the game and eventually finishes, as I believe it could be a favorite. Just don't fall under the pressure of fans wanting a set time limit of updates, better to have quality over quantity, yeah? Props to the dev and hope everything works out.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Sounds fun. Starting from beginning would suck more if you weren't able to retain some of your skills and such, I'll agree lol. Backtracking is usually something that irritates me to no end, but that's because most games make it so you start over with nothing. I'll be watching the progress with this. Has a great concept to it and I hope the dev continues improving the game and eventually finishes, as I believe it could be a favorite. Just don't fall under the pressure of fans wanting a set time limit of updates, better to have quality over quantity, yeah? Props to the dev and hope everything works out.
Thank you.
I've been making an update for one of my game every 15 days (i have 2 game so expect one update/month for each game). Until now I've managed to keep up the pace, so I'm not too worried. Required a bit of overwork when I was inexperienced but now I'm able to deliver with an effort I know I'll be able to maintain.
The hardest part will probably be 0.6 as it will introduce complex mechanics, but I already have everything planned out so I think I'll manage.

telotelo

Dec 22, 2017
Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 22-47-41 Screenshot.png
not bad, but definitely could use some tweak on ui
the stop action button need more contrast
also the popup message when hovering the menu shouldn't on the top of history message

remind me of edge of tomorrow, with isekai vibe
best of luck on your game (y)

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019
I think being stuck is the worse thing in the game. Got stuck where the main button does nothing, slime cost 33 (maximum mana is 0), cannot meditate because mana is full (0), maximum amount of cells reached (5), enough traps (2) for all your slimes (0). nothing I can do and time is stopped. Was just pushing away wave of villagers just after putting the 3 masks and see how far we can go, so I think I am at the beginning of the game. At least let us auto-gameover to see what we screwed up and try different things...

EDIT: Refresh the page seems to do the trick and give the gameover.

Cat Boy

Oct 19, 2017
View attachment 3008132
not bad, but definitely could use some tweak on ui
the stop action button need more contrast
also the popup message when hovering the menu shouldn't on the top of history message

remind me of edge of tomorrow, with isekai vibe
best of luck on your game (y)

i'd like to know more on how to do this

Uldork57

Dec 6, 2022
Is there a way to pause or cancel a action? Since at times you end up wasting time building or meditating which can lead to game over. A way to skip certain scenes in the future would be nice, since it gets old real fast mashing through scenes you've seen multiple times.

dbomb

Jul 22, 2017
Game needs way faster actions. meditating for 2 minutes like a idle game that kills you when you idle too much is a serious issue.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Oh cool, this is finally here.

Is there a way to pause or cancel a action? Since at times you end up wasting time building or meditating which can lead to game over. A way to skip certain scenes in the future would be nice, since it gets old real fast mashing through scenes you've seen multiple times.
Yeah, although it's in kind of a weird spot. On the right side, where all your stats are listed, is a button called "stop action".

Game needs way faster actions. meditating for 2 minutes like a idle game that kills you when you idle too much is a serious issue.
You do get faster the more you level up your skills, which is the main point of the game's rogue-lite elements. Even when you lose, things get faster and faster in your next run.

(Edit: Also, the game does actually go faster if you go to another window or tab for a bit and then come back, since the game doesn't run when you're not looking. You build up "double time" that makes your next two minutes worth of actions go twice as fast. It's kind of a temporary band-aid solution to the fact that you can't just start meditating and then go do something else while you wait for it to finish.)

Though I do still think that these kinds of actions should give you an option to do a specific number of cycles (x1, x5, x10 option and so forth) instead of only having an infinite option and then a separate "stop" option.

Edit: Okay, so... The "Engrave Wall" upgrade seems to not work. I'm guessing whatever bugfix you tried to implement in the last version ended up breaking it altogether. ...Aaaand this has made progress impossible, because I can't get above 60 maximum mana.

Scratch that, I didn't realize that the upgrade now unlocked a separate action instead of just being a thing you buy once. Or was that always the case?

...And yeah, the scaling of the enemy attacks is still *way* too unreasonable. It starts out slow, but then you end up fighting enemies with 5 strength, then 8, then 13, then a whopping 21. I don't see any reasonable way to get the requirements to enslave Selene before that happens, even with all my upgrades carried over from previous versions. I've got 7 base Magic and Fighting and 3.5 Adaptation and Construction, and I still can't even get close to enough slaves before that.

Last edited:

Loadlurker

Jun 19, 2017
The balancing is completely broken. I like idle games, but this is just stupid. You can not even try different approaches, because your actions are very limited.

This needs a feeling of progression.

Benblueblade

Jul 28, 2021
Seems like a fun concept. My man issue is it really doesn't feel like there's much you can do outside of just dying repeatedly. Like you meditate, you engrave, you make slimes and then just wait until you inevitably die. There aren't really any actions I take that I feel get me further into a run as much as it is that I just have bigger numbers from my last run. Perhaps some other maintainable upgrades between runs could help add some variety to it. Otherwise, this just turns into loading bar the game.

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
The fibonacci sequence is a really bad scaling method for attacks. This game is interesting but the amount of times I'd have to redo the game after unlocking upgrades but before I'd have enough to actually move onto something else is insane. Probably like 50+ times of dying before I could make enough masks to find Selene. It feels like the "skill" stats aren't as useful as they should be. Sure I can feel the difference between 1, 3, and 7 magic skill well enough, but it still seems odd that I'm regenerating one mana a tic even if that tick is marginally faster over time. It might just be because I don't see what it affects but I don't seem to notice any benefit from Adaption or Construction. Even waiting til I have 5+ drones (doubling my skill) I don't seem to see a noticeable decrease in it. Creating buildings/engraving walls doesn't seem to be getting any faster. At first I thought the upgrades were going to help me through runs but that's not the case.

Additionally it would be nice to be able to choose if a trap is set. I might get further if I could build slimes/traps early on but not use them until my actual fighting skill is starting to become insufficient. By the time extra traps could save me they've all gone off one at a time grabbing people when I'd have no trouble doing so myself.

Edit: Oh and since you're saving the game anyway can you save what my chosen name is? I stopped bothering to change it after 5 or so deaths but it would feel nicer if I didn't need to.

2.60 star(s) 5 Votes