zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
To what? People who can speak English on an English forum playing a worse version of this game?
agent speaks english , because it is mandatory to speak , if we speak the native language , the comment can be deleted

and one of the site's rules, always write in English

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
should play something else? , boy, lucky for you, people won't unpatreon because of this comment, because if the person who doesn't speak English, is playing your game, and sees that kind of comment, they would stop playing immediately
Give me your Patreon email and I will refund your pledge immediately.

Deleted member 4812744

Apr 8, 2022
leave him alone...
he has already shown what kind of person he is
here you stay with your boring censored game
I only translated it because you forbade it to be translated... and I'll do it again... clown

Reactions: Spinetta

BlackPinkX

Jul 8, 2022
Nice try, but it doesn't get around the one line of code I added that forces English ;)
View attachment 1942722
View attachment 1942724

I'm not accepting MTL for this text-heavy game. If these hypothetical players don't care about quality, then they should play something else. I wouldn't go to Brazil and get offended when a restaraunt doesn't speak English or take USD.
Attention Arab players!!, translation will be outdated in version 0.10.9 :sneaky::ROFLMAO:
e111arabic.jpg

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
you portray yourself more and more

I hope your patreons realize how racist you are and stop paying you
Look, dude, I am genuinely unsure why you have such an issue with me saying that MTL is bad. Languages are subtle, beautiful things, and MTL fails at maintaining the substance of the original text, in both meaning, nuance and correlation between text content. The longer the text, the worse this gets, and the more niche or abstract content is basically lost to the translation. Using MTL means saying goodbye to all subtext, innuendos, plays on words, puns, references to other media, and so on. Plus, MTL fails at basic sentence structure and legibility all to frequently.
If you like your native language so much, don't give someone a butchered version of an English game in it. It's a discredit to both languages.

renato186a

Sep 6, 2020
Para quê? Pessoas que podem falar inglês em um fórum de inglês jogando uma versão pior deste jogo?
[/CITAR]
To what? People who can speak English on an English forum playing a worse version of this game?
I'm Brazilian. here on the forum there are many Brazilians if you don't know. most translate games into automatic programs

Reactions: CG7 and giqui

zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
Look, dude, I am genuinely unsure why you have such an issue with me saying that MTL is bad. Languages are subtle, beautiful things, and MTL fails at maintaining the substance of the original text, in both meaning, nuance and correlation between text content. The longer the text, the worse this gets, and the more niche or abstract content is basically lost to the translation. Using MTL means saying goodbye to all subtext, innuendos, plays on words, puns, references to other media, and so on. Plus, MTL fails at basic sentence structure and legibility all to frequently.
If you like your native language so much, don't give someone a butchered version of an English game in it. It's a discredit to both languages.
Did you know that puns, jokes and English references don't always work in other languages, they need to be exchanged or adapted, never see how voice actors do their job? Always editing the original text to improve in the native language

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
Did you know that puns, jokes and English references don't always work in other languages, they need to be exchanged or adapted, never see how voice actors do their job? Always editing the original text to improve in the native language
Cool hypothetical, but that's not what's happening her. MTL doesn't localize.

zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cool hypothetical, but that's not what's happening her. MTL doesn't localize.
Dude, I'm Brazilian, my 60 games translation, was made using a program and it's all MTL, even my 2 official game translation and MTL, do you know how hard it is difficult to translate a Russian game? There is no way to do this in the normal way, you need to attract MTL, if you don't want to pay a proficient translator, you need to accept a third, which requires nothing to do this translation, they just want to play better to understand the story and share with the others

Lyve

Aug 6, 2021
The game is not finished, we are a small studio who cannot afford a translator for a very small subset of people who would benif from it (we did hire an editor though), I'd experience a flood of people asking "why didn't you the game into X language?!" the instant your unreasonable "hire a translator!" request is met for Portuge, people who play a MTL version of the game are experiencing a substandard experience when most of the people here (including yourself) understand English better than they would understand a MTL of the game script, I have no way of verifying what anyone has done to the game by giving an external edit to it, and did I mention that the game isn't finished? It's in alpha.

Jackass. Stop pretending you're doing me a favor for starting shit. I do not need your unwanted "publicity" from pretending you accomplished something by plugging the game script into a computer program and posting the mangled results.

MTL is not a proper translation. As a professional translator friend of mine said, "If you use MTL for playing a game treat it like you're playing some completely unrelated game, and don't delude yourself into thinking you understand what's going on there"
Do you see the game reviews? they complain about the poor writing ,boring dialogues and unnecessary conversations , what an irony!

renato186a

Sep 6, 2020
hopefully this game does not come to brazil no one will buy or play. the developer of such game and racist the origin of nationality. haha

Reactions: giqui
3.40 star(s) 31 Votes