DreamTeamStudio

Game Developer
May 29, 2022
look... you're already boring me...
I'm going to do you 2 favors
1-check your game for errors (I don't understand why your patreons don't tell you)

View attachment 1945629

2-you shouldn't underestimate me (you don't know me)... because I have translated games with Unreal, unity, godot, visionaire engines and dozens of engines much more complicated than open source python, give up now and don't waste your time.
You say that I used a program to translate... etc etc... well, if you inform yourself, you'll know that I created that program together with a friend. and now all countries and languages use it. you're not talking to a nobody

let's be serious, I don't know what could matter to you that they make a translation of your game so that other people can play it and value it

honestly... I don't give a shit about your game, everyone agrees that it's a very bad and boring game
I only translated it because of your prohibition, which seemed ridiculous to me (I haven't translated a Renpy for months)

there are dozens of DEVS who thank us for translating their games
honestly... here the only fool is you... you don't even realize
Your translation is garbage, your translator is garbage, and you are garbage. It's as simple as that.
The error is fair though. It was caught in the 0.10.7 release, but there was a Ren'Py engine change between 0.10.6 and 0.10.7 that this newest upload broke as it used that newer engine. You can just click through it though without error as this was the only time this custom effect was used in the script, but I'll upload a fix later this afternoon anyways.
By the way, isn't it funny how I'm tricking you into doing QA so I can make the game better and posting the ways you try to translate the script so I can prevent them? Like Tom Sawyer and those kids with the whitewashed fence, I'm convincing you that something I need to do but don't want to is something you want to do.

• Haha
Reactions: CG7

DreamTeamStudio

Game Developer
May 29, 2022
Actually, I'll just publicly release the Backer Patreon version a few days early.
Enjoy, folks!

Last edited:

Deleted member 4812744

Apr 8, 2022
Your translation is garbage, your translator is garbage, and you are garbage. It's as simple as that.
The error is fair though. It was caught in the 0.10.7 release, but there was a Ren'Py engine change between 0.10.6 and 0.10.7 that this newest upload broke as it used that newer engine. You can just click through it though without error as this was the only time this custom effect was used in the script, but I'll upload a fix later this afternoon anyways.
By the way, isn't it funny how I'm tricking you into doing QA so I can make the game better and posting the ways you try to translate the script so I can prevent them? Like Tom Sawyer and those kids with the whitewashed fence, I'm convincing you that something I need to do but don't want to is something you want to do.
Really....
They pay you more than 2000 euros for a game that people don't even play for free....
and you are worried about a simple translation???

when I tell you to go to the doctor I mean it...let's see if they are right with the medication

DreamTeamStudio

Game Developer
May 29, 2022
Really....
They pay you more than 2000 euros for a game that people don't even play for free....
and you are worried about a simple translation???

when I tell you to go to the doctor I mean it...let's see if they are right with the medication
The game is free. Patrons just get extra perks such as voting on content to focus on, preview of art assets, and of course, the early releases.

I hope your patreons read you and stop paying you when they see how ridiculous you are
Oh, they've been reading alright. I've been actively sharing the saga of this thread in the game's Discord server, and they're fucking laughing at you and happy that I stuck to my guns.

cope 1.PNG
cope 2.PNG cope 3.PNG
cope 4.PNG
cope 5.PNG
cope 6.PNG
cope 7.PNG
cope 8.PNG
cope 9.PNG

Reactions: Vottan

CG7

Jan 25, 2020
The problem with this man is that he thinks that all f95 speaks English.

DreamTeamStudio

Game Developer
May 29, 2022
it seems you are prejudiced with latin language and also part of south america
Latin? How can I be prejudiced against the language if I took 2 years of it in college for my Ancient Roman History major!
All jokes aside, I'm like a chef prejudiced against people throwing bleach and glass shards on top of my cooking in an attempt to give it a taste of that local hometown flavor. If a reader downloads this game and then plays it with this machine translation, they're going to have a bad impression of the game because of the awful translation, so I'd do this with attempts from any language.
If anything, I was under the impression that Spanish or Portuguese translations might be acceptable as much time, money, and effort has been put into making English <> Spanish machine translations viable for government purposes (DHS and ICE basically fired all their interpreters at the southern U.S. border and told their overwhelmed staff to use machine translator tools). After seeing how bad it is, I have adjusted that opinion.
The translation is bad, and that is not up for debate. What is up for debate is if that if this translation is passable enough to be accepted for reading, and I am of the opinion that it is not after having all the issues explained to me by a friend and a bilingual reader from South American (currently living in Spain) as they played the Spanish machine translation posted by the individual whose name looks like the Led Zeppelin symbols.
I respect your language, maybe more than you respect it yourself if you genuinely wanted to read that awful machine translation or thought it'd be acceptable for others to read. I asked that you respect my language as well, but since that didn't work here on F95zone, I just forced you to respect it.

Last edited:

DreamTeamStudio

Game Developer
May 29, 2022
The problem with this man is that he thinks that all f95 speaks English.
My brother in Christ, you are on an English-speaking website with a rule that posts must be in English.
We are an English only community. Please provide a translation with your post if it's not in English
I mean you no ill will, but you are acting like an American traveling abroad who is upset that the staff at a small restaurant doesn't speak English or take USD.

CG7

Jan 25, 2020
I'm a chef prejudiced against people throwing bleach and glass shards on top of my cooking in an attempt to give it a taste of that local hometown flavor. If a reader downloads this game and then plays it with this machine translation, they're going to have a bad impression of the game because of the awful translation, so I'd do this with attempts from any language.
If anything, I was under the impression that Spanish or Portuguese translations might be acceptable as much time, money, and effort has been put into making English <> Spanish machine translations viable for government purposes (DHS and ICE basically fired all their interpreters at the southern U.S. border and told their overwhelmed staff to use machine translator tools). After seeing how bad it is, I have adjusted that opinion.
The translation is bad, and that is not up for debate. What is up for debate is if that if this translation is passable enough to be accepted for reading, and I am of the opinion that it is not after having all the issues explained to me by a bilingual player from South American (currently living in Spain) as she played the Spanish machine translation posted by the individual whose name looks like the Led Zeppelin symbols.
I respect your language, maybe more than you respect it yourself if you genuinely wanted to read that awful machine translation or thought it'd be acceptable for others to read. I asked that you respect my language as well, but since that didn't work here on F95zone, I just forced you to respect it.
I tell you that the translation is acceptable, it is clear that he did it in 5 minutes for the reasons that we all know, he did not bother to fix anything, the menus always need more fixes.
And what your bilingual friend tells you, of course, she speaks English, from that point of view I would also be picky, but I'm sure that someone who doesn't speak the language will tell you the opposite.
In addition, pressing the Z key translates from English and pressing X puts it back in English, so for those who want to learn the language it can help.

CG7

Jan 25, 2020
Mi hermano en Cristo, usted está en un sitio web de habla inglesa con una regla de que las publicaciones deben estar en inglés.

Quiero decir que no tienes mala voluntad, pero estás actuando como un estadounidense que viaja al extranjero que está molesto porque el personal de un pequeño restaurante no habla inglés ni toma USD.
[/CITA]
Noooo, I'm not upset, I understand the rules, but for that same reason you think that people speak English, when the reality is that they use translators to communicate in f95

Marlion

Feb 3, 2019
I think we should leave this kid, see if all the time he spends answering the posts he doesn't like, he spends them to improve his game and so he will be at least mediocre, and please, save yourself in answering me, I'm not going to waste more time reading you.

• Angry
Reactions: EquinoxGG and CG7

DreamTeamStudio

Game Developer
May 29, 2022
I tell you that the translation is acceptable, it is clear that he did it in 5 minutes for the reasons that we all know, he did not bother to fix anything, the menus always need more fixes.
And what your bilingual friend tells you, of course, she speaks English, from that point of view I would also be picky, but I'm sure that someone who doesn't speak the language will tell you the opposite.
In addition, pressing the Z key translates from English and pressing X puts it back in English, so for those who want to learn the language it can help.
The entire script was like this. We were in VC as they explained the issues, and they were so numerous that my eyes started to glaze over.
You can call it being picky all you want, but there are loads of Japanese visual novels I choose not to play despite really wanting to as they are untranslated. The few times I have tried using text hookers and live translation tools, the results have been unsatisfying and hollow, and I've developed enough respect for myself over the years to realize that there are so many good things to be read in my native language of English for my interests, be it written in English or properly translated into English, that I could never hope to finish them.
Also, you are not going to learn English from a machine translation of this game and neither is anyone else. Do not even start with that bad faith argument.

Noooo, I'm not upset, I understand the rules, but for that same reason you think that people speak English, when the reality is that they use translators to communicate in f95
With all due respect, is there not a similar forum in your native language? It almost surely can't match the size of F95zone, but volume isn't the same as quality.

If you're still interested in a gender bender visual novel community with a thriving Central/South American community who makes Spanish scenarios for the game, has one on (which is still an English forum, but do not enforce English) or

3.40 star(s) 31 Votes