Elliyanne

Jul 26, 2019
I've been trying for a long time to understand how this discussion got to Xenophobia, demanding good writing on a site like this, and worse, comparing it with school grades, political and governmental discussion, etc... Where's that meteor?

乃คяdaK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2018
I've been trying for a long time to understand how this discussion got to Xenophobia, demanding good writing on a site like this, and worse, comparing it with school grades, political and governmental discussion, etc... Where's that meteor?
it all began here, as long as the dev was still well liked and with a mild and pleasant climate, until a poor Italian user kindly asked for a translation update.

https://f95zone.to/threads/re-dreamer-v0-10-7-dream-team-studio.42775/post-8582248

Reactions: CG7

DreamTeamStudio

Game Developer
May 29, 2022
it all began here, as long as the dev was still well liked and with a mild and pleasant climate, until a poor Italian user kindly asked for a translation update.

https://f95zone.to/threads/re-dreamer-v0-10-7-dream-team-studio.42775/post-8582248
Nah, I sternly said that I did not condone machine translation of this game and then Palosli did so anyways.
I told people that I'd be blocking machine translation in the future, and then gave logical reasons for why I thought MTL was garbage. Somehow this makes me xenophobic?
I then followed through with my promise and blocked MTL. I was genuinely considering reversing my stance until a bilingual friend from South America (crazy how a xenophobe has that, right?) told me how bad it was, and I stood by my stance. I even did a bit of extra work reuploading the current builds making sure they block MTLs.
Now, I have a bunch of people using Google Translate yelling at me, when none of them seemed to even like the game or have interest in it beyond posting shoddy MTLs to annoy me.

Reactions: Just Jay

CG7

Jan 25, 2020
The best thing is going to be that you create your game and then we will do what we want.

乃คяdaK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2018
Nah, I sternly said that I did not condone machine translation of this game and then Palosli did so anyways.
I told people that I'd be blocking machine translation in the future, and then gave logical reasons for why I thought MTL was garbage. Somehow this makes me xenophobic?
I then followed through with my promise and blocked MTL. I was genuinely considering reversing my stance until a bilingual friend from South America (crazy how a xenophobe has that, right?) told me how bad it was, and I stood by my stance. I even did a bit of extra work reuploading the current builds making sure they block MTLs.
Now, I have a bunch of people using Google Translate yelling at me, when none of them seemed to even like the game or have interest in it beyond posting shoddy MTLs to annoy me.
The translation your friend checked was a response to your remark. That is, a translation without corrections.
Unfortunately the demand for translation is very large and we cannot waste time on a single title, except in exceptional cases where the title is of interest to me ;).
As mentioned before, we have implemented methods that correct the translation of our language, an example 'Right' = 'Destra' > 'Giusto'.
What is the point?
You have discredited our free work without knowing how much work and effort is behind it.

Vottan

Apr 4, 2020
I am Spanish... with a consolidated democracy, much better than yours masked in elections paid for with money,,, (example Trump), but I hate politics,
if you're such an expert on human behavior... now why don't you take a look at the one who doesn't want other "subsets of people" to be able to play their game?
Why should he want Hispanics to read his novel? How did you contribute to this? I'm not trolling, perhaps different mentalities create cultural barriers for us. But if you have an argument, please demonstrate it.

CG7

Jan 25, 2020
¿Por qué debería querer que los hispanos leyeran su novela? ¿Cómo contribuiste a esto? No estoy troleando, tal vez diferentes mentalidades crean barreras culturales para nosotros. Pero si tiene un argumento, por favor demuéstrelo.
[/CITA]
It is not about Hispanics only but about the rest of the cultures.
Besides, it's not about what he wants, it's about what people want.
I have no special interest in this game but if I want to see it I will translate it into my language and I will see it.
If it bothers you, that's your problem.

renato186a

Sep 6, 2020
Why should he want Hispanics to read his novel? How did you contribute to this? I'm not trolling, perhaps different mentalities create cultural barriers for us. But if you have an argument, please demonstrate it.
Do you also have prejudice with other language in games?

renato186a

Sep 6, 2020
It is not about Hispanics only but about the rest of the cultures.
Besides, it's not about what he wants, it's about what people want.
I have no special interest in this game but if I want to see it I will translate it into my language and I will see it.
If it bothers you, that's your problem.

this one must be the same thinking of the other. or are you wanting to defend

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
I have reported to mods to clean all this mess. This went too far and can no longer be called a discussion, but the mutual exchange of insults. I don't agree with dev decision, but I also can't support people who not only not interested in game, but directly claimed that they here to troll the dev. If you don't like the dev and his work, you can think about him whatever you want, but at least respect the f95 rules and all their staff, who work hard to make this place a healthy platform for developers and their players. Thank you.

Jun 18, 2017
why so many updates? i'm still trying to finish reading the first update lol :p

Seriously, is this bigger than holy bible acutaly? doe this game has an end or its infinite?
I rly apreciate this game, i just hope to have a bit more action and less conversation.
S2

DreamTeamStudio

Game Developer
May 29, 2022
why so many updates? i'm still trying to finish reading the first update lol :p

Seriously, is this bigger than holy bible acutaly? doe this game has an end or its infinite?
I rly apreciate this game, i just hope to have a bit more action and less conversation.
S2
From the OP:
Length: 16.5 hours as of 0.10.0 (based on a roughly 205k word count within dialogue blocks and an average non-technical English reading speed of 200-250 words per minute)
That's actually at 225k words/18 hours now, but the total length of this game is planned to be 50 hours of reading across three routes of about 15 hours each, with about 5 hours left over for diversions such as the Alone route, and a hypothetical "what if?" scenario I am keeping under wraps.

DreamTeamStudio

Game Developer
May 29, 2022
Excuse me, I am certainly not Master Palos, but where is the encryption? I translated normally without hindrance.

Kaneko ( ´◡‿ゝ◡`) Since you wanted the translation you can find it here.
Did neither of you even bother checking your work? guqui, your attempt was especially awful as the game would crash on the second attempt at launch unless the compiled versions of files were deleted.

These were both done from a freshly-extracted download of the 0.10.7 version. The variables you see on C.H.E.A.T.S. were from the fact that they are persistently stored values on the hard drive.

View attachment English Still Works With Italian.mp4
View attachment English Still Works In Portuguese.mp4

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 31 Votes