giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
Did neither of you even bother checking your work? guqui, your attempt was especially awful as the game would crash on the second attempt at launch unless the compiled versions of files were deleted.

These were both done from a freshly-extracted download of the 0.10.7 version. The variables you see on C.H.E.A.T.S. were from the fact that they are persistently stored values on the hard drive.
Check? It is written in my post:
"Sem revisão (No Review)". I'm not fooling anyone. :p:D

DreamTeamStudio

Game Developer
May 29, 2022
Check? It is written in my post:
"Sem revisão (No Review)". I'm not fooling anyone. :p:D
Did you not notice that overwriting every single file as you suggest actually ends up breaking the game and preventing it from launching? I had to not overwrite the arcade stuff as your attempt at a translation for the arcade games prevented the rest of the game from working.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/arcade_games/renpythm/rhythm_game_songs.rpy", line 9, in <module>
NameError: name 'Song' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 274, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "renpy/main.py", line 558, in main
    renpy.game.context().run(node)
  File "arcade_games/renpythm/rhythm_game_songs.rpyc", line 7, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1049, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.1.22070801
re:Dreamer 0.10.7
Tue Jul 26 21:55:35 2022

Elliyanne

Jul 26, 2019
Tap translation screen, Capture2text, Google Lens, Screen Translate and many others translate without having to replace a file, and it's impossible to stop because they translate the text presented on the screen and not the game. That's how I played several novels, Chinese games, Japanese games, MMO like Star wars The old Republic, Final Fantasy XIV, among others.

Nononbom

Jul 28, 2018
My 2 cents about this discussion; Both the dev and translators did a bad job handling the situation. I get the dev point, he's not a xenophobe, he just believe the translations won't have the same level of quality the original got to the point of enforcing a anti measure on the game, producing some rivalry with the translators and to make things worse a atual xenophobe stepped in, the dev choose to side with him and heated the situation further besides getting into unnecessary discussions, for the dev i say, sometimes silence is the best argument to defuse a situation and don't make yourself look like someone supporting a dude spiting xenophobe sentences.

For the translators, instead of getting into a childish rivalry with a dev who obvious don't want them and acting like a douche, why not go support others devs who may want them? sometimes devs make choices you dislike and the best thing to do is to not support them, go support many others hard working devs we have out there who you may find more worth of your time and work.

Overall the only person fully worth of any hate here is the xenophobe scumbag, so i hope everyone will finally chill out after this.

DreamTeamStudio

Game Developer
May 29, 2022
Tap the translation screen, Capture2text, Google Lens, Screen Translate and many others translate without having to replace a file, and it's impossible to stop because they translate the text presented on the screen and not the game. That's how I played several novels, Chinese games, Japanese games, MMO like Star wars The old Republic, Final Fantasy XIV, among others.
I admittedly can't screen capturing nor text hookers, but these other methods have been pathetic.

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
Did you not notice that overwriting every single file as you suggest actually ends up breaking the game and preventing it from launching? I had to not overwrite the arcade stuff as your attempt at a translation for the arcade games prevented the rest of the game from working.

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
    renpy.main.main()

Ren'Py 7.5.1.22070801
re:Dreamer 0.10.7
Tue Jul 26 21:55:35 2022
You have to go study Portuguese. That is a message that is always present in my posts, whether or not I need to overwrite files. In the case of your game, there was no need to overwrite anything.

DreamTeamStudio

Game Developer
May 29, 2022
My 2 cents about this discussion; Both the dev and translators did a bad job handling the situation. I get the dev point, he's not a xenophobe, he just believe the translations won't have the same level of quality the original got to the point of enforcing a anti measure on the game, producing some rivalry with the translators and to make things worse a atual xenophobe stepped in, the dev choose to side with him and heated the situation further besides getting into unnecessary discussions, for the dev i say. sometimes silence is the best argument to the defuse a situation and don't make yourself look like someone supporting a dude spiting xenophobe sentences.

For the translators, instead of getting into a childish rivalry with a dev who obvious don't want them and acting like a douche, why not go support others devs who may want them? sometimes devs make choices you dislike and the best thing to do is to not support them, go support many others hard working devs we have out there who you may find more worth of your time and work.

Overall the only person fully worth of any hate here is the xenophobe scumbag, so i hope everyone will finally chill out after this.
I am not a xenophobe, nor do I side with or condone xenophobia or xenophobes. Vottan does not speak for me.
Silence does not work in situations when dealing with trolls with an inordinate amount of free time and boredom. I admittedly drew attention to myself as I said "do not machine translate my game" but the xenophobia accusation was baseless and designed as chafe. Besides, I've yet to see a machine translation that works since these countermeasures were put in place (that took all of 10 minutes to code, mind you), despite the extra focus from people with my taunting.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: giqui

DreamTeamStudio

Game Developer
May 29, 2022
You have to go study Portuguese. That is a message that is always present in my posts, whether or not I need to overwrite files. In the case of your game, there was no need to overwrite anything.
The same error occurs without overwriting any files as the contents of arcade_games in the zip you distributed break the game. My Portuguese is admittedly awful, but I doubt your post mentions that you have to delete these files, all to get a non-functioning machine translation.

If you were curious, that other error I mentioned should you attempt to relaunch the game with your edits.
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/world_information.rpy", line 634, in <module>
NameError: name 'zphone_app_1_1_description' is not defined

Full traceback:
    renpy.main.main()
  File "world_information.rpyc", line 43, in script

Ren'Py 7.5.1.22070801

Tue Jul 26 22:11:36 2022

Reactions: giqui

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
My 2 cents about this discussion; Both the dev and translators did a bad job handling the situation. I get the dev point, he's not a xenophobe, he just believe the translations won't have the same level of quality the original got to the point of enforcing a anti measure on the game, producing some rivalry with the translators and to make things worse a atual xenophobe stepped in, the dev choose to side with him and heated the situation further besides getting into unnecessary discussions, for the dev i say, sometimes silence is the best argument to defuse a situation and don't make yourself look like someone supporting a dude spiting xenophobe sentences.

I, like many, did not miss the opportunity to have a good laugh. I never took this discussion seriously. Well, the DEV has the right not to want this or that, but so do we. I respect all choices and decisions of Developers, a game is compared to a child, it is a creation. I like to joke, but I don't like to comment on other people's way of thinking, I just keep to myself what I think about it.

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
The same error occurs without overwriting any files as the contents of arcade_games in the zip you distributed break the game. My Portuguese is admittedly awful, but I doubt your post mentions that you have to delete these files, all to get a non-functioning machine translation.

If you were curious, that other error I mentioned should you attempt to relaunch the game with your edits.
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
    renpy.main.main()

Ren'Py 7.5.1.22070801

Tue Jul 26 22:11:36 2022
You're right, I assume my irresponsibility. I did the translation without the care to check the details. While I was doing the translation, I was watching a rerun of a football game and compressing a game. :rolleyes:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: DreamTeamStudio
Jul 11, 2019
Silence does not work in situations when dealing with trolls with an inordinate amount of free time and boredom.
There is a reason for the old saying "Don't feed the trolls."
They want to upset you and get a reaction out of you, hence all the spamming and cheap ad hominems.

Good luck ahead though, I'm going to unwatch the topic for a while until this blows over.

Reactions: DreamTeamStudio

乃คяdaK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2018
Did neither of you even bother checking your work? guqui, your attempt was especially awful as the game would crash on the second attempt at launch unless the compiled versions of files were deleted.

These were both done from a freshly-extracted download of the 0.10.7 version. The variables you see on C.H.E.A.T.S. were from the fact that they are persistently stored values on the hard drive.

View attachment 1948529
View attachment 1948544
By me it remains translated, but still since I can pick up the text it is no longer a problem (I have enough means to manipulate the texts as I want, Thanks to Paloslios).
I have deciphered far more difficult games than this.
Have a good continuation of your project :coffee:
1.png 2.png 3.png
tested on 2 pcs

Last edited:

DreamTeamStudio

Game Developer
May 29, 2022
Spanish translation

reDreamer-0.10.7-pc-español.zip

If you want you can put it in the main post

PASSWORDS for Patreons

BACKER PASSWORD = In The Limelight

SUSTAINER PASSWORD = No Business Like Showbusiness

I don't know what they are for... the truth... I don't give a damn

View attachment 1948781

View attachment 1948782

a greeting

;)
Okay, credit where credit is due, this is valid attempt, although it was because your method involved such brute force as text substituting every single string in the game while falsely declaring them as English text (meaning that users have no way to check the original text without uninstalling your MTL).
Although my code to counteract this was decently elegant and it only took me about 20 minutes to figure out to stop this method, it's a similarly heavy-handed approach that I'm not the most comfortable with. Still, it works after testing, and the fixed releases have already been uploaded.

I'd be extremely curious if you can still get around this without outright removing game files or compiling your own release, but if you do, post it here lol.

Deleted member 4812744

Apr 8, 2022
Okay, credit where credit is due, this is valid attempt, although it was because your method involved such brute force as text substituting every single string in the game while falsely declaring them as English text (meaning that users have no way to check the original text without uninstalling your MTL).
Although my code to counteract this was decently elegant and it only took me about 20 minutes to figure out to stop this method, it's a similarly heavy-handed approach that I'm not the most comfortable with. Still, it works after testing, and the fixed releases have already been uploaded.

I'd be extremely curious if you can still get around this without outright removing game files or compiling your own release, but if you do, post it here lol.
sorry... i already deleted your game
It is very boring
see you in the next update 0.10.9 as we agreed.. ok?

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 31 Votes