VN Ren'Py Re Education [v0.60E] [Purplehat Productions]

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
The hat has had a night to mull this over.

Look for a message from the hat in the next version.

Right now the hat needs to go negotiate with its 3D renderer regarding how much grass it can make.
The number of people who would genuinely make use of this are likely astronomically small. Still it's a fine idea I suppose.

That said, please make the message instantly clickable past it. I have no desire to see anything outside of understandable legal obligatory "this game is for 18+" messages. Having to sit through a depressing message like that every time the game is boot up would likely do you way more harm than good for your game.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
The number of people who would genuinely make use of this are likely astronomically small. Still it's a fine idea I suppose.

That said, please make the message instantly clickable past it. I have no desire to see anything outside of understandable legal obligatory "this game is for 18+" messages. Having to sit through a depressing message like that every time the game is boot up would likely do you way more harm than good for your game.
Actually the hat's going to do something different, unorthodox you might say.

The hat's working on it right now:
devroom2.jpg

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
this is an unofficial android port Re Education [v0.10] APK -

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
Well, the hat supposes that it already has. Well, technically you started it.

The hat has personal history with publishing android apps, and Google Play's insane and utterly broken rules enforcement. (How broken? It automatically flags apps that Google manually reviewed and okayed.

It also deems ads that feature only colorful bubbles to be inappropriate, after running these ads for months with no problem.
It deems ads to advertise false gameplay, when the ad was made from a screenshot of the game.)

But, the hat still could see about getting the extra software bits it needs and argue with them until they produce an android version. The biggest issue is, is there enough interest to justify the extra devtime? The android version would need to be playtested, that will take hours at this point.

Reactions: brattlebob

Bonkksman

Jun 24, 2018
I can say for certain that this game is... intriguing. There aren't many games that make you break off of the original route the game had in mind, even less so finishing the non-MC route first. Picked the choice to release her expecting a bad end where she knocks you out. Instead, I got a route with light hypnosis, and a wholesome ending.

But there's still one thing that sparks a question in my mind:
Where can I find this picture?

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
I can say for certain that this game is... intriguing. There aren't many games that make you break off of the original route the game had in mind, even less so finishing the non-MC route first. Picked the choice to release her expecting a bad end where she knocks you out. Instead, I got a route with light hypnosis, and a wholesome ending.

But there's still one thing that sparks a question in my mind:
Where can I find this picture?
That is something the hat drew before starting on the game, annnd decided to throw in because it needed an art asset, and this was already drawn.

In fact it's part of a little series:

Mmm There's more, but the hat's gonna keep that to itself for now.

Bonkksman

Jun 24, 2018
That is something the hat drew before starting on the game, annnd decided to throw in because it needed an art asset, and this was already drawn.

In fact it's part of a little series:

Mmm There's more, but the hat's gonna keep that to itself for now.
Took a full day for it to click that those images are 3dcg.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Re Education 0.20 is now live on the hat's itch.io page
Noice!

Hmm... It does feel like each of the endings comes up pretty abruptly, although it probably doesn't help that I also jumped in right near the end. It is a bit disappointing that we didn't get to hear Natalie's side of the story, though. Or any of the other things it seems like she wanted to say. It sounds like there's a lot more going on there than we know about, including the possibility of a... significantly "happier" ending than the ones we got.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So, any word on what part of the game you'll be working on next? I know you said you didn't want to give too much away, but at least before we knew that the plan was "finish the brainwash route". Some indication of what sort of route you'll be working on next would be really nice, even if you don't want to tell us just where that route will go. (Please be a non-mindless brainwashing route, please be a non-mindless brainwashing route...)

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
Well, the hat recently watched an episode of The Joy of Painting. and that friendly man with the big Afro said a lot of profound things. One was that you need light and dark to contrast each other.

Since the Brainwashed path was pretty dark, the hat is going to focus on a lighter path now. The script is being drafted and the hat's figuring out what art assets it will need to make.

Reactions: brattlebob

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
Soooo, the hat has decided to share an unofficial update on what it has been working on, with the community that's unofficially hosting its game. The hat has been working on Kylie.

In fact lets have Kylie introduce herself:

"Hiya folks! It's me, Kylie."

"You know... the girl who had like, 3 lines of dialog before getting her brain fried by that helmet..."

"Anyway, you're going to be seeing more of me in the next version of Re Education, and as the hat is finding out, I'm a lot more expressive than Rachel is."

"Which means that the hat has to draw every single expression that I want..."

"Hee hee hee!"

The Fabled

Nov 22, 2019
Spoiler, spoiler, spoiler!

Well, such things can't be helped.

Oh, and again, if you want to make sure the copy you have is safe, just download it from itch.io.
Purple it's already marked as a spoiler you didn't need to reply to it and make it visable my dude if peeps wanna see it they would have to click on it to see but then you had to reply to the spoiler marked message makeing it completely see-able spoiling it for any reader right out of the gate.

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes