VN Ren'Py Re Education [v0.62] [Purplehat Productions]

2.70 star(s) 6 Votes

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
Hello everyone, I need help, how can I see a ".png_" image?

-I already tried to change the name and it didn't work for me

Is there any way to see it?
While the default windows image viewer, Photos should open it up, I personally use IrfanView for image viewing. The default Windows image viewer blows.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Hello everyone, I need help, how can I see a ".png_" image?

-I already tried to change the name and it didn't work for me

Is there any way to see it?

Hola a todos, necesito ayuda, como puedo ver una imagen ".png_" ?

-ya trate de cambiarle el nomer y no me funciono

hay alguna forma de verla?
What ".png_" image?

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
What ".png_" image?
.png_ seems to be the file type used by a lot of games these days to store their images, which can't be opened directly from any of the default image viewers that I use, and just removing the underscore doesn't turn it into a proper PNG. I always figured it's some kind of compression thing. I've noticed some games used .png in older versions but then switched to .png_ in newer ones.

That being said, I can't find any image folder for this game in particular, so I don't know if it even uses that.

Reactions: Dastibal

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
.png_ seems to be the file type used by a lot of games these days to store their images, which can't be opened directly from any of the default image viewers that I use, and just removing the underscore doesn't turn it into a proper PNG. I always figured it's some kind of compression thing. I've noticed some games used .png in older versions but then switched to .png_ in newer ones.

That being said, I can't find any image folder for this game in particular, so I don't know if it even uses that.
Uh I am not sure Dast's post is even related to my game, unless he's trying to extract the images from the .rpa archive file.

Last edited:

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Uh I am not sure Eric's post is even related to my game, unless he's trying to extract the images from the .rpa archive file.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Either they posted in the wrong thread or they used some kind of extractor that revealed a bunch of .png_s. I don't really know anything about how Ren'py works or why some games have everything stored inside a .rpa while others have folders with loose images, and some have .png while others have .png_. I do know of one game that had loose images as .png two versions ago, and then the newer version had "images.rpa" instead, so maybe it is a simple extraction process. It might even be something Ren'py and RPGMaker do automatically based on file counts or sizes or something.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Uh I am not sure Dast's post is even related to my game, unless he's trying to extract the images from the .rpa archive file.
It isn't, he's been spamming other threads with the same question. I've never even heard of "png_" as a file type, it's probably some weird Windows thing where it saves metadata about a file in another file with a mangled filename. Shouldn't ever use png files anyway, they are way bigger than they need to be. jpg are OK, but don't have transparency. webp is better than either jpg or png and can have transparency if needed. I can't think of any reason to use anything other than webp in current year.

Reactions: Dastibal

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I've never even heard of "png_" as a file type
I've definitely seen you posting in threads for games that use it (Nex(e)us Institute comes to mind), but I guess you don't make a habit of looking through the game's image folders. After poking around a bit (and ending up back here), it seems to just be a slightly modified version of the image when saved by RPMaker MV that adds an extra line of code at the beginning, which helps the engine manage it but makes it unreadable by the usual programs.

Dastibal

Mar 21, 2018
Thank you all so much for trying to help me
I'm new to all this

- If it is a ".png_" file, that's how it appears in the folder

- that image is not from this game I'm trying to know how to see the image to get all the paths

Dastibal

Mar 21, 2018
It isn't, he's been spamming other threads with the same question. I've never even heard of "png_" as a file type, it's probably some weird Windows thing where it saves metadata about a file in another file with a mangled filename. Shouldn't ever use png files anyway, they are way bigger than they need to be. jpg are OK, but don't have transparency. webp is better than either jpg or png and can have transparency if needed. I can't think of any reason to use anything other than webp in current year.
I thought the same in all the games I'm playing so far, I could always see the images to decipher the other paths but it's the first time I've come across this kind of file

Dastibal

Mar 21, 2018
I've definitely seen you posting in threads for games that use it (Nex(e)us Institute comes to mind), but I guess you don't make a habit of looking through the game's image folders. After poking around a bit (and ending up back here), it seems to just be a slightly modified version of the image when saved by RPMaker MV that adds an extra line of code at the beginning, which helps the engine manage it but makes it unreadable by the usual programs.
Yes, I've been reading that, but I can't find a program that will let me see those images.

TreeTo

Jun 20, 2018
An interesting effect of the chastity path would be if the protag put the cage back on after finding the key
or after the hypno videos

knyght

Apr 21, 2017
Wow... For a mind control game this was surprisingly painful. Painful in the boring kind of way. So much posturing and halfbaked moralism, if I wanted that, i would be picking fights in tweeter instead of playing a game. And the main character... Oh god he bounces so fast between wimp and retard it is not funny. It even sapped my will to review the game as it is technically "not bad" but i refuse to give it a 3 or 4 stars review least some other poor fool thinks it is a good game and gives it a try. So I'll just leave my rant here.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
How do you reach the full submission chastity path?
Really need to update the path chart at some point. But:

Let Rachel go. Do not use the helmet on her.
Do not grab her while she's climbing the stairs.
Agree to be hypnotized when you meet her in the parking lot.
Snoop through her computer (This is important)
Then when you get to Chapter 2, select Weirdly appealing.
When you get to Chapter 3, choose to keep watching the video.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Really need to update the path chart at some point. But:

Let Rachel go. Do not use the helmet on her.
Do not grab her while she's climbing the stairs.
Agree to be hypnotized when you meet her in the parking lot.
Snoop through her computer (This is important)
Then when you get to Chapter 2, select Weirdly appealing.
When you get to Chapter 3, choose to keep watching the video.
I wonder if an in-game walkthrough kind of thing would be useful, given the development style of having new updates be in random places throughout the game instead of having a continuing story. The technical side is easy, it's just deciding what exactly to hint where that can be a bit complicated. For example, each version having hints which choices to pick to see the new content.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
I actually would have updated the flowchart, but the month of January was really crazy. As it is this update was a couple days late because I was dealing with computer issues.

TheDoccta

Sep 10, 2019
Is there a possibility of a good way for MC to be dominated without chastity, with pegging and that it won't end like the normal sub way ended? I mean i like being sub but i would also like be normally asked to carry out the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
without being manipulated into it.

2.70 star(s) 6 Votes