4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
3571da085f129029584078992f715aa6.png

Overview:
Reawakened is a pixelated 2d, side scroller, Metroidvania. You play as Eris who was captured and transformed into a succubus. To make it worse there's a Sentient Relic known as Shaldourin is bound to your neck. Together you fight through monsters gaining new abilities on the way to find the culprit behind your sudden transformation.​

Thread Updated: 2020-07-28
Release Date: 2020-06-22
Developer: Hestric
Censored: No
Version: 0.5
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes/Controls:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - - -

0e1a69f577c04f05c83fc904064b99d9.png cutscene.png 8e71e9e25d573c16362aa5f4e9dfe946.png c6afe9b382f72e18822bfc617eedef27.png c88a73629221455026414be324287c4c.png

Last edited by a moderator:

LoliFlan

Jan 13, 2018
not worth downloading. Doesn't have options or fullscreen and the text is so small that i can't read it on a 1440p screen

Jan 4, 2019
Liked the art so decided to give it a try. Seems like a really great foundation to build on.

I liked:
+ Controls were very tight, felt almost as good as a real Castlevania for movement and jump responsiveness
+ Pixel art is well done and the MC's animations are very cool and fluid without framelocking you for too long
+ Hitboxes were nice and accurate even on small projectiles (although player's attack hitbox is a little bigger than it looks)

To Improve:
- Combat balance is a little off. Beetles can be stunlocked pretty easily by spamming the first attack (not comboing, but just re-hitting the first swipe). Wizards on the other hand are pretty OP right now, although being able to crouch or similar would help a lot.
- Length/Amount of content. This must be my bad (and the dev is around so he can clear me up), but I wasn't able to find more than the two aforementioned enemies and two save points. I dead-ended into a room that had some equipment, but nothing that seemed interactable, and then crashed the game by spamming the interact key (E) too much while running around. Based on the screenshots I think there must be more, but I wasn't able to find it.
- More an opinion, but I'd like to see H as more of a "gameplay mechanic". I always think it is a little weird to be playing a succubus but to not somehow gain power from H scenes. The classic "Succubus" by Libra Heart did a good job of this, perhaps you're planning to, but I think a similar mechanic could be a really great way to make H part of the gameplay loop and to incentivize players to view animations many times.

Overall this is definitely a project to watch, and not painful to download and try yourself (it's 4MB!). For folks who want fullscreen, you can go to the app in Task Manager, expand it and right click "fullscreen" to have your computer automatically scale it up to your monitor. This obviously makes the pixels bigger, but it still looks and plays great.

Last edited:

Hestric

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Liked the art so decided to give it a try. Seems like a really great foundation to build on.

I liked:
+ Controls were very tight, felt almost as good as a real Castlevania for movement and jump responsiveness
+ Pixel art is well done and the MC's animations are very cool and fluid without framelocking you for too long
+ Hitboxes were nice and accurate even on small projectiles (although player's attack hitbox is a little bigger than it looks)

To Improve:
- Combat balance is a little off. Beetles can be stunlocked pretty easily by spamming the first attack (not comboing, but just re-hitting the first swipe). Wizards on the other hand are pretty OP right now, although being able to crouch or similar would help a lot.
- Length/Amount of content. This might be my bad (and the dev is around so he can clear me up), but I wasn't able to find more than the two aforementioned enemies and two save points. I dead-ended into a room that had some equipment, but nothing that seemed interactable, and then crashed the game by spamming the interact key (E) too much while running around. Also seems that there is currently just one H animation (from after beating the wizard enemies) in this version.
- More an opinion, but I'd like to see H as more of a "gameplay mechanic". I always think it is a little weird to be playing a succubus but to not somehow gain power from H scenes. The classic "Succubus" by Libra Heart did a good job of this, perhaps you're planning to, but I think a similar mechanic could be a really great way to make H part of the gameplay loop and to incentivize players to view animations many times.

Overall this is definitely a project to watch, and not painful to download and try yourself (it's 4MB!). For folks who want fullscreen, you can go to the app in Task Manager, expand it and right click "fullscreen" to have your computer automatically scale it up to your monitor. This obviously makes the pixels bigger, but it still looks and plays great.
Thanks for the feedback. crouching in the game should be a good addition to the game and I eventually plan to add it into the game.
Were you able to fight and beat the warden that was one the very right after the second save point? Because afterwards, the player has the ability to do a charge attack ability by using the 'F' key.
Maybe I should have clarified this in-game but after the sex animation (such as the ice mage) the player gains one hp and mp back.

Reactions: NJ
Jan 4, 2019
Thanks for the feedback. crouching in the game should be a good addition to the game and I eventually plan to add it into the game.
Were you able to fight and beat the warden that was one the very right after the second save point? Because afterwards, the player has the ability to do a charge attack ability by using the 'F' key.
Maybe I should have clarified this in-game but after the sex animation (such as the ice mage) the player gains one hp and mp back.
I did not encounter the Warden. I just loaded my save back up, and the room on the right appears like it would be a boss room, but nothing spawns when i go in there.

I also figured out that I can consistently get the crash I mentioned by standing on the left side of that room and pressing the interact key:

Also to your comment about getting HP back, you're right and I was able to recreate it. I'd been cancelling out of the animation early because I thought it was just looping infinitely. You might want to make the whole set of animations run quicker, or have a way to manually control the stages/end the animation early and still get HP/MP back, since it seemed to take 30 or so seconds, which could get tiresome after a while.

Also it seems I do have access to the rock-breaker move (the dash on pressing F) but I still never encountered the Warden. Cheers!

Last edited:

Hestric

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
I did not encounter the Warden. I just loaded my save back up, and the room on the right appears like it would be a boss room, but nothing spawns when i go in there.

I also figured out that I can consistently get the crash I mentioned by standing on the left side of that room and pressing the interact key:

View attachment 507822

Also to your comment about getting HP back, you're right and I was able to recreate it. I'd been cancelling out of the animation early because I thought it was just looping infinitely. You might want to make the whole set of animations run quicker, or have a way to manually control the stages/end the animation early and still get HP/MP back, since it seemed to take 30 or so seconds, which could get tiresome after a while.

Also it seems I do have access to the rock-breaker move (the dash on pressing F) but I still never encountered the Warden. Cheers!
Does using the 'new game' option back at the menu screen turn it back to normal where you cant use the charge button or no. The game thinks you beat the boss already so it gave you the powers, but I'm not sure at what point triggered it. What operating system do you use? It shouldn't matter but you never know I suppose.

Jan 4, 2019
Does using the 'new game' option back at the menu screen turn it back to normal where you cant use the charge button or no. The game thinks you beat the boss already so it gave you the powers, but I'm not sure at what point triggered it. What operating system do you use? It shouldn't matter but you never know I suppose.
I'm running a fully updated Windows 10. When I started a new game, I went back to not having the dash ability.

Fallow Milk

Jun 24, 2017
I had the same issue with lordofthewhales. I think it may trigger when you beat/have sex with one of those ice mage guys. When I started a new game I just ran it to the warden room without killing anything and the warden was there.

purplemiho

Sep 8, 2017
I also had trouble with the final room, the boss appeared once, then never appeared again. No overt fatal error bugs for me though.

Hestric

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
I also had trouble with the final room, the boss appeared once, then never appeared again. No overt fatal error bugs for me though.
oh, don't worry about that. it's supposed to happen, once you beat him he kinda dies forever. Unless you died and he didn't respawn then that is an issue

May 2, 2018
There's no way to resize the screen. I can barely see anything that's going on, much less read it. As much as I love h-side scrollers, it's not worth straining my eyes over to see it unfortunately. :/ Hopefully a future update has a better sizing option.

Dmitopur

Jun 26, 2018
bug report v0.1.2.2:
boss kills me and disappears. and i gotta grind again from the very start. i also tried to relaunch and "continue", but there was a fatal error in the boss room (BarrelB sent it earlier) =(
p.s. it seems like i'm too lame to beat him with 1st try =(((

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote