4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
I think Andrew is likely to get into trouble soon, as the installation ceremony will put him in the same room with the vampire that destroyed his family. If that archon did something worse than simply killing them, it will just increase the chances that Andrew goes off the rail during the ceremony. He has shown that he can disobey literal orders of Sharon, if it serves her best interest in his opinion, so he may well go postal on that Archon, thinking that by taking him down he is helping Sharon by eliminating a powerful enemy.
Andrew does have SOME autonomy from Sharon, but I can't see him doing something so rash in a public setting with so many vampires present. Even if he somehow pulled off this suicide mission, it could potentially mean the death of Sharon as it was her thrall that would have done it!. I would assume that this archon would have some allies at this event.

He could perhaps discuss something with the MC, however, I doubt anything they come up with could be carried out at such short notice, unless they managed to get him alone somewhere private..

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
Astrid.... She is probably going to be given final death. That would be the punishment for giving up fellow vampires to hunters, which she is definitely guilty of. Add to that, she is after Sharon specifically, and the MC is very likely to step in and be protective, I doubt he will lose, nor will he spare her.
there is something even more cruel that could be done to Astrid... some elder could flesh sculpt her into an average looking woman... and sure, she could reverse it if she's from the clan everyone thinks about but even that has a solution... that I'll adres in the part involving Calisto...
I am pretty sure that Calisto will have eyes at the investment ceremony, if not actually be there herself. She will also make sure Sharon knows her place. That should provide some kitty fodder for @Ayhsel :D
Calisto could show up at the investiture and order Astrid to be thralled to her boy... with the princeps and the upper class bowing down to her, it would sure stir the pot. and if Astrd had her appearance altered, MC could simply order her to keep it. in that case for the whole episode 3, Astrid would be going above and beyond to have MC allow her to return to her glorious ways. in this scenario... Astrid would be a counterpart to Sharon anchoring MC to his humanity. and her loyalty would be to MC alone so we would still get those catfights me and a few people are so fond of

.N9

A beautiful mess
GFX Designer
Donor
Jul 31, 2020
FAN SIGNATURES ~

More siggies for a great game, feel free to use them ;)

*Edit : Calisto and Astrid added

Rebirth_Sharon.gif Rebirth_Laurie.gif Rebirth_Carmen.gif
Rebirth_Zephir.gif

Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/02/1074859_Rebirth_Sharon.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/02/1074860_Rebirth_Laurie.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/02/1074862_Rebirth_Carmen.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/02/1074864_Rebirth_Zephir.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/02/1075919_Rebirth_Calisto.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/02/1075916_Rebirth_Astrid.gif

Last edited:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
there is something even more cruel that could be done to Astrid... some elder could flesh sculpt her into an average looking woman... and sure, she could reverse it if she's from the clan everyone thinks about but even that has a solution... that I'll adres in the part involving Calisto...

Calisto could show up at the investiture and order Astrid to be thralled to her boy... with the princeps and the upper class bowing down to her, it would sure stir the pot. and if Astrd had her appearance altered, MC could simply order her to keep it. in that case for the whole episode 3, Astrid would be going above and beyond to have MC allow her to return to her glorious ways. in this scenario... Astrid would be a counterpart to Sharon anchoring MC to his humanity. and her loyalty would be to MC alone so we would still get those catfights me and a few people are so fond of
Yeah that last just discards the option that Astrid is way more as she seems, now it is unlikely she is close to C's power, on the other hand I suspect she is powerful enough to be able to hold archons in the palm of her hand somehow and fully able to expect herself she will be able to get away with her crime even when caught. Somehow I strongly doubt anything will be finalized at the ceremony.

Instead that will be chapter three I suspect, way too much setup to dissipate all that drama in just one update. :p

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
I agree Astrid is destined for final death or severely blood bound as in death being the only way out...
She has comitted one of the worst crimes she could, and there is no easy way out, her buddy the Archon would avoid standing up for her as he might get lumped in with her, since he had protected her in the past.

Unless she can create fake evidence she's toast.

Reactions: Emma M

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I agree Astrid is destined for final death or severely blood bound as in death being the only way out...
She has comitted one of the worst crimes she could, and there is no easy way out, her buddy the Archon would avoid standing up for her as he might get lumped in with her, since he had protected her in the past.

Unless she can create fake evidence she's toast.
Or if she herself is powerful enough to get away with it, as I would suspect C is for example. :p

That is part of the unknown to us as players right now, is she just Archon Marcius lackey or are that Archon and others just her lackeys and is she well capable of even overruling the princeps if needed or scare him enough to leave her alone. That are some of the questions that are likely to be answered in next update or even later in next chapter.

My guess based on fact Archon and Astrid mainly worked either within the rules or in secret, I would say they are not at a power level where they would like to come in open conflict with the princeps though or that that would have other disadvantages for their goals.

Last edited:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
FAN SIGNATURES ~

View attachment 1053191 View attachment 1053192 View attachment 1053194
View attachment 1053196

Code:
Dude or Dudette!
Awesome
Many thanks!

• Red Heart
Reactions: .N9

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Or if she herself is powerful enough to get away with it, as I would suspect C is for example. :p

That is part of the unknown to us as players right now, is she just Archon Marcius lackey or are that Archon and others just her lackeys and is she well capable of even overruling the princeps if needed or scare him enough to leave her alone. That are some of the questions that are likely to be answered in next update or even later in next chapter.

My guess based on fact Archon and Astrid mainly worked either within the rules or in secret, I would say they are not at a power level where they would like to come in open conflict with the princeps though or that that would have other disadvantages for their goals.
My semi pulled out of my ass guess is this:
Astrid is a male Tzimisce. Vision Girl has alluded to wondering if the MC would be strong enough to defeat HIM. I think that Astrid is a deeply inserted spy for whatever the enemy of the Princeps would be, and has been playing the not overly bright Marcius for all he is worth.
I think that the MC will in fact have to fight whatever Astrid is, which could be an elder (not ancient, or particularly old elder, but elder none the less). This fight could well be to save his dearly adored Sharon, or could be at the direction of the Princeps or Calisto even.

What could be a triple mind fuck though, is that Calisto is in fact in the enemy faction (Sabbat was all up in the Catholic Church- so her pagan church could well be analogous to this.) Annnnnd Astrid might work for Calisto, and she will order her childe to end Astrid as she/he has become a large liability by utilizing the hunters in her/his vendetta against Sharon.

Just putting that crazy ass theory out there.
:D

.N9

A beautiful mess
GFX Designer
Donor
Jul 31, 2020
FAN SIGNATURES ~

View attachment 1053196

Code:
Dude or Dudette!
Awesome
Many thanks!
Your welcome, Glad you like it ;)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
My semi pulled out of my ass guess is this:
Astrid is a male Tzimisce. Vision Girl has alluded to wondering if the MC would be strong enough to defeat HIM. I think that Astrid is a deeply inserted spy for whatever the enemy of the Princeps would be, and has been playing the not overly bright Marcius for all he is worth.
I think that the MC will in fact have to fight whatever Astrid is, which could be an elder (not ancient, or particularly old elder, but elder none the less). This fight could well be to save his dearly adored Sharon, or could be at the direction of the Princeps or Calisto even.

What could be a triple mind fuck though, is that Calisto is in fact in the enemy faction (Sabbat was all up in the Catholic Church- so her pagan church could well be analogous to this.) Annnnnd Astrid might work for Calisto, and she will order her childe to end Astrid as she/he has become a large liability by utilizing the hunters in her/his vendetta against Sharon.

Just putting that crazy ass theory out there.
:D
Not so crazy, though tinfoilish a few of those options also went through my head. :) One thing against Astrid to be the future main antagonist is that she seems kind of impetuous and not one to play the longer game. With the hate she showed for Sharon through Gregor I am pretty sure she has and would have moved against Sharon as fast as she could, so it seems unlikely she can disregard the rules to the extent as someone as C likely can. So your power level for her makes sense.

mistwolf_2k

May 18, 2020
Not so crazy, though tinfoilish a few of those options also went through my head. :) One thing against Astrid to be the future main antagonist is that she seems kind of impetuous and not one to play the longer game. With the hate she showed for Sharon through Gregor I am pretty sure she has and would have moved against Sharon as fast as she could, so it seems unlikely she can disregard the rules to the extent as someone as C likely can. So your power level for her makes sense.
While she does seem manipulative to an extreme I don't see her dealing that well getting squashed by the Archon as much as she does if she had any real power. I still see her as being a second rate villain just picking up the scraps that the Archon leaves her. I could be wrong though.

A few of Arigon's ideas are way.....way out in left field. Not saying they aren't plausible or even possible, but they are a reach lol.

mangers99

Feb 26, 2018
Not sure what to think about that subtle descent into madness that Sharon appears to display. She gonna go mental.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Not responding to any one particular comment, but just making a comment regarding power level of Astrid and or someone that Vision Girl is thinking of with respect to the ability of the MC to overcome.

So Vision Girl is pretty much established as Artemis, a goddess and likely a very far up the food chain vampire. Likely sire of Calisto her high priestess, and therefore grandsire of our MC. This makes him either 5th generation equivalent or 6th generation equivalent. He has a number of explicit and implied powers, which would fit for the child of a Methuselah, which Calisto is, whether she is 4th or 5th generation equivalent. Our MC is faster than normal (Celerity), presence (can get folks to notice him without eye contact as tested by Sharon in the night club) better senses, and augmented esp-ish type (Auspex +) as proven by finding Astrid in the morgue when the older, also sensitive Sharon did not. He has the 3 powers on invisibility, whispers, and deathclaws. He might have fortitude, but given that he can be staked if he is not physically developed, it would be a low level. Sharon has a much higher level, to go with her Domination and Presence powers, pretty clearly a Ventrue ish vamp.

Marcius and his thug boys are Brujah rabble types not True Brujah
Plubius Ventrue
Fabian some form of blood sorcerer, most likely Tremere like. His lineage probably is shared with the MC at whomever spawned Vision Girl, lets call him Zeus, or her Hera. Then Apollo Hecate Fabian-making Fabian 6th or 7th generation.

Astrid could be a Toreador which some have stated. I don't think she is. I also don't think she is really flighty, nor even female. I think she is a 7th ish generation Tzimisce with Auspex, Visiccitude, Celerity, Potence, Domination, and Presence. I think she is a spy for a rival faction. 7th generation is a large enough jump in power from 8th generation, that she could probably take out the Archon, who I think is an 8th gen elder. I think she is playing him, and pleasures him in vampire ways, probably has him thralled, or partially thralled, because he does resist her, which mechanics wise he could do by burning a willpower point, if he is bound.
Astrid has overplayed her hand. There is no way for her to dodge the hunter bullet, especially now that our family of vamps have Gregor under wraps. I think Gregor is related to Carmen by the way. Her love interest was Vinny who presumably was killed by vampires and thus she was dragged into this darkness by vengeance.

So 7th gen elder Tzimisce vs a potentially 5th generation prodigy childe of Calisto.... MC can spend more blood in a battle turn, has twice the blood pool and greater limits he can jack his physical attributes to. He can have higher level of disciplines, even freshly baked, especially if it has been a long time since Calisto sired a childe, which Fabian alludes to.

Sooooooo
Astrid is not a prime evil, main event villain. She is the appetizer. She is the link to other factions. He is a powerful foe, but is he powerful enough to beat our MC? That is the question Vision Girl Artemis is musing about. I am betting she is toast, and revealed to be a man vamp. Which will cause a lot of the other vamps to scrape their tongues if they care about genders ala Ace Ventura!

Dream Team minions of the MC-
Sharon, Kassandra, Zephyr after Marcius is toast, Carmen, Laurie, and Mirri.
Peace

Reactions: Ayhsel

Twisted peel

Sep 12, 2020
I'm most excited for the next chapter as that's where shit will legit hit the fan and everyone is gonna learn just how fucked their are, because when mc's mom steps in, no one is safe.
I doubt vamp mommy is gonna be at the corination

Dec 28, 2019
I really like the subtle imperfections in Sharon's character. On the surface, she seems like a great mentor and ally. However, she is not perfect by any means. She is way too giddy about her Archonship, and it's quite possible that it could get to her head. It may also mean that she may not be able to fully command the authority of the position due to her inexperience, mistakes, or young age (I think she is a bit young for a leadership role?).
Yep. The leadership role is more of a "gift" to the MC then to Sharon. Vampire politics is cutthroat and Sharon doesn't have a prayer of holding onto it without the MC's help. Nevertheless making a newborn vampire an archon would be tantamount to putting up a huge neon "Eat me for a power up" sign above the MC. Sharon getting it is a bit more plausible, if still a bit of a stretch. Now there is a neon sign above Sharon's head saying "I'm either far craftier then I pretend, or I'm somebody powerful's pet, maybe both." Vampire's are cautious predators. Her rivals won't overtly attack her until they get a good sense of the potential blowback and decide it's safe to do so. They will still send pawns to destabilize her territory and otherwise test her though.

Her "blindspot" that is Astrid is also quite clearly being discussed. And she is way too quick to dismiss what the MC is saying, which shows inflexibility and arrogance.
Yep, Astrid certainly is a big blind spot of Sharon's. I'm glad Andrew backed the MC up.

If we ever go against Sharon or try to usurp her (I think Calisto suggested something like this?), I will feel bad for Andrew more than anything.
Calisto assumed that the MC would find Sharon as irritating as she does, and urged the MC not to kill Sharon as she's still useful to him. :LOL:

I want to dispel soul rot.
Vampires can not digest normal food.
Eggs are a high producer of Sulphur which is smelly. When combined with Hydroxide it is very smelly. The food in the stomach of a vampire is rotting merrily away, until they barf it up. So they Can consume food, it just doesn't go anywhere.
Hopefully this dispels the rumor that one of the most basic uses of vampire seduction powers would somehow lead to the rotting of his soul.
As much as I'd normally be inclined to agree with you here, I just can't, not given what occurs in the game. MC's who eat food but don't Whisper Miri into having sex are free of this issue. Only those who Whisper her into sex experience the bad breath problem.

The update was produced during a time of self admitted turmoil in LikesBlondes life, so I chalk up the mis-spelling and brevity to that.
It's not just a misspelling. Only MC's who have sex with Miri have the bad breath problem, as the variable checked by the code got set when the MC mind whammies her into having sex. Maybe it's a bug, that's certainly possible, but if you think it is then I strongly urge you as a patron to report it so it can be fixed.

The reveal of her installment, as well as Astrid having to come clean and or pay the price for the unforgivable sin should be quite juicy. I think that it will be a time when either I am vindicated that she was the critter in the woods, perhaps in a naughty bloodline's battle form, or some other explanation. Or I will be cast out as being full of vampire poo.
Poo! :poop: Poo!

Just teasing. :devilish: Quite a bit of your theorizing is further out into speculation territory than I care to go, but even broken clocks are right twice a day. So it's not impossible. :D

Someone mentioned (again) Sharon's skeptical thoughts regarding what the MC has told her, and stated that her age might have jaded her. She is a teenager amongst vampires. Also she has zero experience with truly powerful bloodlines.
I'll second or third that, whatever the case may be.

A toreador does not treat her captive to the kinds of bruises Gregor exhibits. Tzimisce..... yeah and worse...Toreador Antitribu maybe...Astrid is not what she presents herself to be.... she is Darker.
Astrid is certainly something dark, but the Camarilla does have its share of Toreador elders who are as abusive as they are jaded. They don't need to join the Sabbat to turn torture into an art form. The Camarilla has its own version of Don't Ask Don't Tell for elders and ancilla with monstrous urges. As long as what happens in an elder's dungeon stays in the elder's dungeon the Camarilla tends to turn a blind eye. Torturing and murdering mortals isn't against the Traditions. Heck, torturing and murdering their own vampire children technically isn't against the Traditions as long as their children haven't been presented to the local prince yet. It's certainly an abuse of the spirit of the Tradition of Accounting, and potentially damaging politically, but not a violation. As the Sabbat are quick to point out, Camarilla rules favor decadent elders over their often more worthy childer.

Calisto is the head of a Pagan temple dedicated to the old gods, this pretty much firms up the opinion that she is Artemis' childe or grand childe and Artemis is the Vision Girl.
Yup.

MC Vision of Sharon being on her throne of stone, being engulfed by Calisto is definitely foreshadowing. More to follow I am sure.
Yup.

Feral Nos almost certainly related to Markus-likely sire.
Possibly. I don't think we have any evidence either way yet.

And Merrick is following Markus' orders to stay hidden in Nos secret lair.
You'd think Markus would be aware and unworried then.

MC is already thinking of thralling Carmen to protect her from Sharon. Read his stuff carefully.
If he's treated her well, then he's looking at her as a potential thrall. If he's treated her as merely food, then he's thinking of her as a potential blood doll. This is the one choice we've made in the game that has had an effect on the MC's behavior in update 8.

Laurie is moving up in the queue for an embrace, the tension is growing to the point that it might be her only salvation.
While it's certainly possible, I'm not really seeing or feeling the sort of tension you're referring to.

Investiture is also almost guaranteed to host at least one, if not more than one battle. Andrew and Southern Archon, MC vs Astrid, and possibly more. Markus and Marcius, Sharon and ????
Nah, the battles between the guests will be entirely verbal as they'll be on their best behavior for the Investiture. Too many very important vampires that matter will be there watching. If there is a battle it will be because the party got crashed by a bunch of rebels opposed to the power structure, ie. something like the Sabbat.

Frank possibly making a debut and bonding to MC????
If and when Frank shows up it will be a sign that Artemis's awakening is about to become a much more significant plot point.

This update was extremely important. Sharon is completely disarmed and distracted, so whatever benefit she brings to the table is going to have a hard time surfacing.
Sharon brings legitimacy to the table. Having an archon's backing in his pocket is highly useful to the MC, even if he has to prop her up.

I do not think she can defeat Astrid,
I doubt she could do it alone either. Her heart wouldn't be in the fight.

and I think MC is going to have to do it, but I think it will be the initial play in the reveal of an invasion of the city from a rival faction.
That's one of several possibilities.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
FAN SIGNATURES ~

View attachment 1053196

Code:
Oh my god this are amazing!! can you make one with the red dream beauty? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

• Red Heart
Reactions: .N9
4.10 star(s) 193 Votes