4.20 star(s) 191 Votes

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
Its a very short update. Is there even alternative path ? i only see Ivy brain got fried by Sharon, head to cave then leave cave and Carmen Shower Scene. That's very short
go to character screen top left and see how many points you have if you have points lower then 20 you are gonna miss a lot of stuff

Sucamah

Aug 16, 2020
I have just started the game and is asked to play part one and part two in order to play part three. Currently I can't find a nopy link to download each episode separately and was hoping someone can help me

ghjghjghj

Dec 10, 2018
Damnit, that felt so short and now we gotta wait another month :(. Hopefully, the next update is the fated one we've been waiting for.
Yeah, that's consistently my feeling on this game. Every time it pops up I have a very "eeeehhhh" feeling. I appreciate the intentions with the frequent updates, but in practice I think it's hurt my enjoyment of the game. I do like it quite a bit, but it's hard to compete with ending every single play with a disappointed "is that it?" feeling.

I end up putting it down for a while, getting excited when I realized I haven't played for awhile, then still ending up kinda disappointed because I thought I should have built up more buffer, and then I'll play the next few updates and get increasingly disillusioned before putting it away again.

I haven't looked into it, but I suspect the root cause might be the choices. Those things will tie a nice big weight around your game's neck if you add more than maybe one or two real ones. I don't think the dev was particularly cautious in adding them, unfortunately.

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
go to character screen top left and see how many points you have if you have points lower then 20 you are gonna miss a lot of stuff
I do have more than 20 points but I still don´t get any more scenes then the ones descriped before - any suggestions why?

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
I haven't looked into it, but I suspect the root cause might be the choices. Those things will tie a nice big weight around your game's neck if you add more than maybe one or two real ones. I don't think the dev was particularly cautious in adding them, unfortunately.
I mean, are there really that many choices? We're on EP. 3 and there still hasn't been any payoff or consequences we had any control over. From the looks of this thread it seems like either every single commenter has made the same choices since EP. 1, or everybody gets the same scenes no matter their choices anyway.
Playing with the walkthrough mod I remember like two variables across all three episodes, but nothing has happened with them, yet. I think this is the first update in a long time that introduced a new variable.

dreas

Feb 8, 2018
Im having an issue (not sure if it would be called a bug or not) where the wrong images is showing up its happening in a couple of places. It happened last update and i figured it might of just been a coding mistake but considering it's happening again i was wondering if it's just me or is this a common thing. The example of it are 1st talking to carmen just after the meeting with fabian about your vamp mommy coming it switchs to the images of fabian and andrew from when fabian leaves just after you grab her but. A 2nd time it happens it the second meeting with ivy after you choose to intervene or not, When the dialogue says 'you pull ivy to the side' for a time it shows an image of merrick tied up instead of images of ivy and sharon in the office then goes to them after 9 clicks of dialogue. So is this just some weird bug im having and i should wipe and restart my chapter three saves or is it a mistake in the code showing the wrong thing?

Last edited:

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
I mean, are there really that many choices? We're on EP. 3 and there still hasn't been any payoff or consequences we had any control over. From the looks of this thread it seems like either every single commenter
has made the same choices since EP. 1, or everybody gets the same scenes no matter their choices anyway.
Playing with the walkthrough mod I remember like two variables across all three episodes, but nothing has happened with them, yet. I think this is the first update in a long time that introduced a new variable.
You didn't go through all comments of this thread on the current 407 pages, did you? :LOL:

Well, but I share your opinion: choices are almost pretty nonexistent or - better said - not impactful. So they lack in weight and therefore fall kind of flat... at least for me.
Unfortunately the choices are not the only issue or lack this game apparently seem to have (which may be one of the major things we are more or less all here for... and it's not hardcore handholding o_O!)

ScroxDieded

Nov 6, 2017
You didn't go through all comments of this thread on the current 407 pages, did you? :LOL:

Well, but I share your opinion: choices are almost pretty nonexistent or - better said - not impactful. So they lack in weight and therefore fall kind of flat... at least for me.
Unfortunately the choices are not the only issue or lack this game apparently seem to have (which may be one of the major things we are more or less all here for... and it's not hardcore handholding o_O!)
Interesting. I hadn't thought of that, being so entranced by the game, but yeah, the choices are pretty much meaningless, or so it seems. I mean we choose to use and develop some powers/disciplines but not doing so doesn't seem to impact anything so far.
But I like the story so if that's how the dev wants to do it, I don't mind. It's a shame, though bc it won't really be a game and more of a VN instead.

Reactions: Gorse
Mar 28, 2018
Hi Gorse, I agree that most of the choices (for the powers in this case) have not had a significant impact until this update where it appears that there are three ways to deal with Merick in two paths he is captured but in the third he runs into 'the cave' where an 'evil arm' protrudes from the waters ... Clearly the dev is playing a long game where the choices (more than a single choice I would guess) can have significant impacts at times that are much later than when one makes the choices. 1635170126205.png
1635170144716.png

Last edited:

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Rebirth Ep. 5 Update 10 Hotfixes

Purpose:
Fixes various bugs in the current release.

Features:
  • Adds the ability to name saves.
  • Fixes various typos across Ep. 5.
  • Fixes wrong image bug in ep5part4cont1, if laurielives == True, a Virgil image (va44i4) is shown when goes back outside & talk to Sharon.
  • Fixes wrong image bug in ep5part5, when talking to the Scottstown crew in Sharon's office, an Ivy image (v-45-29_nvidia.png) is shown while Carmen is speaking (v-45-27_nvidia.png).
  • Fixes wrong image bug in ep5part5cont1, when driving to Calisto's an undefined image va45i201 error is displayed.
  • Fixes wrong image bug in ep5part9, when meet with Virgil an Andrew image (v-49-29_nvidia.png) is shown while at Virgil's residence.
  • Fixes wrong image bug in ep5part9, when bidding Sharon good night a Cindy image (v-49-182_nvidia.png) is shown.
  • Fixes wrong speaker bugs in ep5part10, when Calisto speaks to the hunters (not comprehensive, two wrong speaker bugs remain).
Limitations:
  • This patch may conflict with other mods if they also change some of the same things.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Rebirth Ep. 4 Version 2 Hotfixes
Rebirth Ep. 3 Version 2 Hotfixes

Last edited:

lorddarkam

Jan 1, 2018
Carmen is smart knowing people few would be smart like her to adapt to her new life in the least traumatic way, she proofit much more than the mc with this situation of her being his mistress if you think about it she wont even haver her mind messed up with (not even Laurie had this luxury)

The thing is she has all this look like she is hot and dumb, but she is competent in dealing with people and acting calm, can play well and act

By now she is the most qualified lady in the mc team

she made a fool out of fabian

Last edited:

mag5246

Jun 3, 2017
Rebirth Ep. 3 Update 7 Hotfixes

Purpose:
Fixes various bugs in the current release.

Features:
  • Fixes various typos across Ep. 3. Episodes 1 & 2 not corrected.
  • Fixes wrong speaker bug in e3p6, where Frode appears instead of Frank (per c3p0).
  • Fixes bug in e3p6, where images of Fabian & Andrew show when speaking to Carmen (per dreas).
  • Fixes bug in e3p7, where a Merrick tied up image shows when speaking to Ivy (per c3p0).
  • Fixes wrong speaker bug in e3p7, where Andrew says 'will get my axe' instead of Sharon (per c3p0).
  • Does not replace any original files, should not break future versions of the game.
Limitations:
  • For the wrong speaker/image bugs, need to load a save from before the bug for it to work.
  • Avoid saving in the modified Carmen & Ivy scenes mentioned above. Those saves will likely be incompatible with the standard game if this mod is not installed. Saving anywhere outside these scenes will be fine.
Note:
This patch may conflict with other mods if they also change some of the same things.
I understand correctly, this is an unofficial fix?
I've seen most of these bugs before and wrote about them. Surprisingly, they haven't been fixed yet.
Comrades developers, maybe this is a reason to think?

4.20 star(s) 191 Votes