4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

Babalon

Dec 19, 2019
Im glad that im not the only one to get rid of
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
in order to have the dagger, also i have the massive arm thing it's only going to be a plus when the fight start, im just worried my "Mentor" going to be very pissed :S
she can really fuck us if she want, she can perpetuate her existence on mc account.
she can lie about hunters and her betreyal of vampire society and laws to princeps or Virgil when they come for her.
she can say that we have mortals in house and not turning them into ghouls and mc is in danger because of mc dick that he want to put into (Carmen), and idiot who suck his finger.
but this is my thinking how can story develop, but LB maybe will erase astrid from game when she leave with virgil and thats it no further explanations.
the best way for astrid is Calisto :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Arigon

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I hold no brief for Astrid but even less for Calisto. Mother dearest is a massive liability and I'd rather keep her at arm's length as far as possible. There's no particular benefit to gifting her Astrid unless you're trying to suck (heh) up to her, whereas keeping Astrid locked up means she's still available as an asset to be deployed/gifted/drained/killed/whatever.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I hold no brief for Astrid but even less for Calisto. Mother dearest is a massive liability and I'd rather keep her at arm's length as far as possible. There's no particular benefit to gifting her Astrid unless you're trying to suck (heh) up to her, whereas keeping Astrid locked up means she's still available as an asset to be deployed/gifted/drained/killed/whatever.
Yeah especially if we take into account that inasfar we have been spoilered by devs through Arigon, as far as we know our MC will never be the most powerful vampire in game until maybe the very last scene. :p Does make one wonder how he will be able to make a difference, especially since he seems to be a pawn with some signs he might also be a bit of a pet to some. :p Well despite him putting some smackdowns on some local notables possibly in near future, it seems it will not be his prowess that will save the day if that will be saved anyway.

As Arigon already mentioned long long ago, the rise of a power like either of the twins seem to be, would change the face of the planet, let alone both of them and them surviving it. :p

• Yay, new update!

caldess

Nov 12, 2017
Since there is no changelog, anyone able to tell me if there is new playable content in this update? Thanks in advance

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
Went through a few short and quick drafts of this one. Some with more background, some with less. It's meta and very skippable, examines the end of Arigon's informative post, and goes into why I think the way I do about the narrative and where it's heading based on information exterior to the expansive lore. Again, it's very skippable and mostly metacontextual as I am admittedly not even 1/10th as informed about the lore as some of you guys. I had forgotten who Inanna was entirely and only remembered Ereshkrigal because what kind of funny name is that? I still think its a decent post but YMMV.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Went through a few short and quick drafts of this one. Some with more background, some with less. It's meta and very skippable, examines the end of Arigon's informative post, and goes into why I think the way I do about the narrative and where it's heading based on information exterior to the expansive lore. Again, it's very skippable and mostly metacontextual as I am admittedly not even 1/10th as informed about the lore as some of you guys. I had forgotten who Inanna was entirely and only remembered Ereshkrigal because what kind of funny name is that? I still think its a decent post but YMMV.

Possibly the most interesting analysis of a VN from a structural perspective that I've ever encountered. Without regard to your ultimate accuracy, the insight into the practical limits on development options is fascinating. Thanks for a most excellent comment.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
I was too lazy to follow the thread as a whole, and have only ever looked in here briefly after an update.

Even at the risk of completely embarrassing myself here, i have one or two questions:

1: In the last post, VTM was mentioned several times. I assume that this reference is to Vampire The Masquerade and the corresponding rulebook. Am I right?

2nd: On the first point, which game is being referred to? it seems that there are now four of them...

3rd: The whole stuff with deities, Ancient Methuselahs and the other stuff. is this explained in more detail somewhere in the Rebirth? i.e. should i/have i to play through the game again, preferably with the various decisions, to get an overview, or are there external sources i can consult?

4th: What is it about this that says i can develop the mc in one direction or another? I have the option in the game to say I want the claws, the camouflage or neither, or whatever. Is it possible to elaborate on this in some way, like a talent tree?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
sometimes i wonder why this has only 460 pages.

anyways usual funny update, plot advanced bit and rest.

is it good to give astrid to calisto?

good that mommy took that brat with her.

scrshots:

1. that's very young vampire, 2. truth from kid's nos's mouth, 3. - 4. explanation was rejected 5. same here, 6. stepping stone back, 7. well prepared as usual, 8. tempting offer, 9. not that pretty anymore, 10. could be daddy and daughter, 12. easy to guess which side she would choose.

screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png screenshot0003.png screenshot0004.png screenshot0005.png screenshot0006.png screenshot0007.png screenshot0008.png screenshot0009.png screenshot0010.png screenshot0011.png

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
I was too lazy to follow the thread as a whole, and have only ever looked in here briefly after an update.

Even at the risk of completely embarrassing myself here, i have one or two questions:

1: In the last post, VTM was mentioned several times. I assume that this reference is to Vampire The Masquerade and the corresponding rulebook. Am I right?

2nd: On the first point, which game is being referred to? it seems that there are now four of them...

3rd: The whole stuff with deities, Ancient Methuselahs and the other stuff. is this explained in more detail somewhere in the Rebirth? i.e. should i/have i to play through the game again, preferably with the various decisions, to get an overview, or are there external sources i can consult?

4th: What is it about this that says i can develop the mc in one direction or another? I have the option in the game to say I want the claws, the camouflage or neither, or whatever. Is it possible to elaborate on this in some way, like a talent tree?
1. That's correct. It's mostly speculation about the similarities between Rebirth and VTM. It does seem to build upon the same "universe" that is created there.

2. Circles back to point 1, VTM 1 ( which is pretty ancient atm ( bloodlines, released in 2004) and wouldn't recommend buying/playing without the "free" patch that is made by fans, there are also some graphical updates circling around for PC would recommend using those mods. VTM 2 which is still yet to be released but keeps being postponed is like any other sequel. I guess the other games by "World of Darkness"

Are more of the tabletop/visual novel games, haven't played those myself they look somewhat interesting though.. pretty sure it's the same concept/world/universe. It's pretty big.

3. Not yet and this game does a piss poor job explaining things itself, "Sharon will get back to you later" "Sharon will explain later"
"Sharon doesn't have a friggin clue about what is what and who is who and what the F is going on anymore.. she probably won't explain ever"..

It is mostly speculation based upon the vampire lore/workings from aforementioned "World of Darkness universe" ( a lot of similarities )

4. That's anyone's guess still.. so far you can unlock them all, what missing abilities or having them all will do eventually at the end remains to be seen. So far there are just different flavors of getting through the game if you are missing some.. the story just continues.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
1. That's correct. It's mostly speculation about the similarities between Rebirth and VTM. It does seem to build upon the same "universe" that is created there.

2. Circles back to point 1, VTM 1 ( which is pretty ancient atm ( bloodlines, released in 2004) and wouldn't recommend buying/playing without the "free" patch that is made by fans, there are also some graphical updates circling around for PC would recommend using those mods. VTM 2 which is still yet to be released but keeps being postponed is like any other sequel. I guess the other games by "World of Darkness"

Are more of the tabletop/visual novel games, haven't played those myself they look somewhat interesting though.. pretty sure it's the same concept/world/universe. It's pretty big.

3. Not yet and this game does a piss poor job explaining things itself, "Sharon will get back to you later" "Sharon will explain later"
"Sharon doesn't have a friggin clue about what is what and who is who and what the F is going on anymore.. she probably won't explain ever"..

It is mostly speculation based upon the vampire lore/workings from aforementioned "World of Darkness universe" ( a lot of similarities )

4. That's anyone's guess still.. so far you can unlock them all, what missing abilities or having them all will do eventually at the end remains to be seen. So far there are just different flavors of getting through the game if you are missing some.. the story just continues.
For 3 a lot of the speculation is based on the Callisto myths from Greek mythology and Inanna and Esky are from Summerian mythology which also was the basis of Tiamat if that name was more as a red herring. It seems this game has based it's creation myth and some of the important figures on mythology. Both Virgil and Malia/(Casiopeia?) may also have a role there or taken somewhere from it. Virgil is a famous poet and also used by Dante in his work Inferno, though no idea how that may feature in this game immediately, though death is the domain of Eshky and could be seen as Hell.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016

The game takes inspiration from Vampire The Masquerade lore but changes Clan names and so on. VTM started as a tabletop game and by now there are vidya, vns and such. Rebirth isn't based on any of the games, they just use the setting.
Rebirth doesn't mention anything VTM related because they would be strike with a cease and desist letter from Paradox Interactive otherwise.

Cramone

May 14, 2018
i had error

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/ep3part10.rpy", line 1797, in script
    if calfrom == True:
  File "game/ep3part10.rpy", line 1797, in <module>
    if calfrom == True:
NameError: name 'calfrom' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/ep3part10.rpy", line 1797, in script
    if calfrom == True:
  File "C:\Game\Rebirthep3-ep3-ver1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Game\Rebirthep3-ep3-ver1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Game\Rebirthep3-ep3-ver1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/ep3part10.rpy", line 1797, in <module>
    if calfrom == True:
NameError: name 'calfrom' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Rebirth episode 3 ep3-ver1
Wed Feb 23 00:41:23 2022
[/CODE]

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
i had error
Install the Save Hotfix from the OP. It fixes that error, and you'll need it to create saves for the next chapter anyway.

Edit: Although as Wills747 reported, there was a bug that produced an uncaught exception.
NameError: global name 'callfrom' is not defined

Edit 2: wurg has now updated the official save transfer hot-fix, so best to use that one.
Here is a save transfer hot-fix for those of you in here. It will also fix the "calfrom" variable error.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 193 Votes