4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
The "bored" lady siring the MC and abandoning him kinda sounds like an elaborate Malkavian prank played on the Camarilla of this city. Also, MC's powers tend to match those of Malkavians (Auspex/Obfuscate/and with charisma possibly domination) with a pinch of "special ingredient" (the claws) added in. Plus he has visions...
Just my two cents.

Captain Kirk

Donor
Sep 27, 2019
That is if mc's sire has a clan, for all we know she could be one of the old ones but never bothered to create a clan, or her clan was destroyed long ago, or her powers come from the girl we see in the visions.

Also to me the sire seems acient, bored of life in general, so i dont think she has any interest in politics and if she wanted Marcus dead, im sure she could do it herself without attracting much attention.
My thoughts as well. Seems to me we are sired by one of the more powerful vampires remaining. I also saw someone mention that they think if you obtain all the powers you will lose humanity. I don't agree with this, from what I remember from Vampire the masquerade, it was about how u used the power not if you get powers. I will say that this game is making me even more hype for bloodlines the masquerade 2 :LOL:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
The "bored" lady siring the MC and abandoning him kinda sounds like an elaborate Malkavian prank played on the Camarilla of this city. Also, MC's powers tend to match those of Malkavians (Auspex/Obfuscate/and with charisma possibly domination) with a pinch of "special ingredient" (the claws) added in. Plus he has visions...
Just my two cents.
Yes, Malkavian has been hypothesized as the most similar. I don't remember who mentioned it, but it could be a "nymphomaniac" malkavian. Yet, the claws are not malkavian. Most likely, MC belongs to none of the standard 13 clans. Of maybe is just my wishful thinking.
My thoughts as well. Seems to me we are sired by one of the more powerful vampires remaining. I also saw someone mention that they think if you obtain all the powers you will lose humanity. I don't agree with this, from what I remember from Vampire the masquerade, it was about how u used the power not if you get powers. I will say that this game is making me even more hype for bloodlines the masquerade 2
That may have been me. It is not what I think, but more just another hypothesis. Born from the simple question of "why even give me a chance to refuse the power?" If there is not setback, the choice is almost irrelevantly dominated from a point of view of outcome, as having a power and not using it is always a possibility down the line later which is equivalent to not having the power, but not having it cannot be equivalent to having it and using. That is, unless being weak have some benefits from a story point of view. Again, a simple question born from a force of habit, not something I actually believed.

Reactions: Captain Kirk

waiwode

Dec 10, 2019
That may have been me. It is not what I think, but more just another hypothesis. Born from the simple question of "why even give me a chance to refuse the power?" If there is not setback, the choice is almost irrelevant from a point of view of outcome, unless being weak have some benefits from a story point of view. Again, a simple question, not something I actually believed.
Perhaps, as the chapters unfold, there are other powers on offer, but in this system we are limited to three, one per stat.

So choosing Claws might mean we miss out on Skin Like Marble, choosing Invisibility we lose Transform Into Cloud of Bats... ....or whatever. But each choice is only offered once.

ucu32167

Jun 5, 2019
Yes, Malkavian has been hypothesized as the most similar. I don't remember who mentioned it, but it could be a "nymphomaniac" malkavian. Yet, the claws are not malkavian. Most likely, MC belongs to none of the standard 13 clans. Of maybe is just my wishful thinking.

That may have been me. It is not what I think, but more just another hypothesis. Born from the simple question of "why even give me a chance to refuse the power?" If there is not setback, the choice is almost irrelevantly dominated from a point of view of outcome, as having a power and not using it is always a possibility down the line later which is equivalent to not having the power, but not having it cannot be equivalent to having it and using. That is, unless being weak have some benefits from a story point of view. Again, a simple question born from a force of habit, not something I actually believed.
The choose thing is a limitation of the style of game.
If they were to offer you the power every time you reached a certain level in that stat, how many ( get the powe scenes) would they have to create in order to cover all their bases? So, if you get past 11 at the boss's mansion you'd get 1 claw scene. If you get past 11 during another level up they'd have to create another scene for that etc...etc....And since setting the stat at 25 after indicates that each stat will have 4 powers 25/50/75/100, how long before the number of ( get the powe scenes) becomes unmanageble. I think they do that to prevent the game from sprawling in possibilities to an impossible size.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
The choose thing is a limitation of the style of game.
If they were to offer you the power every time you reached a certain level in that stat, how many ( get the powe scenes) would they have to create in order to cover all their bases? So, if you get past 11 at the boss's mansion you'd get 1 claw scene. If you get past 11 during another level up they'd have to create another scene for that etc...etc....And since setting the stat at 25 after indicates that each stat will have 4 powers 25/50/75/100, how long before the number of ( get the powe scenes) becomes unmanageble. I think they do that to prevent the game from sprawling in possibilities to an impossible size.
I understand your point and I agree, but that is not what I mean. What I mean is "given that at some point of history you can develop a power if your stats are high enough, why give me the choice of not having it?"
The key part of what I said is "at some point of history". You are right those events can increase a lot if they just depended on the stats but my question is not about how to trigger those events of acquiring the power but about the choice inside those event. In other words, why directly not give me the power if at set point of history I have the stats? Why give me a choice? But again, it was just some random thought, nothing to take too serious.

ucu32167

Jun 5, 2019
I understand your point and I agree, but that is not what I mean. What I mean is "given that at some point of history you can develop a power if your stats are high enough, why give me the choice of not having it?"
The key part of what I said is "at some point of history". You are right those events can increase a lot if they just depended on the stats but my question is not about how to trigger those events of acquiring the power but about the choice inside those event. In other words, why directly not give me the power if at set point of history I have the stats? Why give me a choice? But again, it was just some random thought, nothing to take too serious.
Maybe they intend to limit the number of powers?

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
She just exists. Hopefully MC rebirth will give some purpose to her existence and some fire in her body too (next time we bang her I wanna remember XD).
U really seem to like her, but i agree 100 % :ROFLMAO:
Did we even bang her ? shit we cant even remember that...

I think ur right that he/his sire dont belong the one of the clans.
Or maybe she was a clanmember long ago, somehow meet our 'dream girl' and did get some additional powers and lowerd her generation.

Perhaps, as the chapters unfold, there are other powers on offer, but in this system we are limited to three, one per stat.

So choosing Claws might mean we miss out on Skin Like Marble, choosing Invisibility we lose Transform Into Cloud of Bats... ....or whatever. But each choice is only offered once.
I highly doubt that, as these powers also boost our stats largely. It is more likely that we can get additional powers as we increase our stats or can transform/evolve our existing ones.

Reactions: Ayhsel

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
We have to keep in mind that the game isn't 100% faithful to VTM lore.
So our MC can be from an unknown Clan or blood lineage. Anyway our Sire must be very powerful and old.
I think the dark haired sucubi was talking about the creature in the forest, the one behind the disappearances.
Why the sucubi appeared during the MC rebirth dreams? She must be Lilith or the antediluvian of the Clan.
Why is she helping the MC or observing him? Maybe she is bored idk.

minoan55

Aug 28, 2018
I am also tending towards the MC being Malkavian:-
1. sensing Astrid in the morgue (Auspex), but Sharon should also have sensed her (Sharon is deffo Torreador) as she should also have auspex. Auspex being a main Malk/Torreador power.
2. invisible while motionless (obfuscate) is a power shared by Nos, Malks and Setites - we know he is not a Nos.
3, speaking to somebody who is not there - definitely a Malk trait... just wait until he meets a Stop Sign.
Because of the "Temple" setting, my first thought was that he was Setite/Ministry, but Malk feels like a better fit - and a lot of members of other clans "follow" the whole Setite spiritual/religious schizzle.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019

Maybe they intend to limit the number of powers?
Your guess is as good as mine. We have no information whatsoever. Maybe it was just to give the feeling of a choice, even when not taking it is clearly shooting yourself in the foot, like treating Sharon like a total bitch or maybe grinding low stat choices. Or maybe it does have a higher purpose reason and in the future we may wish to avoid a power or two. For now, we just don't know. But I thought that it was a valid question to ask, just to have in the back of our heads.

Last edited:

ucu32167

Jun 5, 2019
Your guess is as good as mine. We have no information whatsoever. Maybe it was just to give the feeling of a choice, even when not taking it is clearly shooting yourself in the foot, like treating Sharon like a total bitch or maybe grinding low stat choices. Or maybe it does have a higher purpose reason and in the future we may wish to avoid a power or too. For now, we just don't know. But I thought that it was a valid question to ask, just to have in the back of our heads.
I'm thinking it has to do with keeping the game manageable. Making us choose a specialization in a way.
Too bad we're all save scumming and getting everything ;)

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Your guess is as good as mine. We have no information whatsoever. Maybe it was just to give the feeling of a choice, even when not taking it is clearly shooting yourself in the foot, like treating Sharon like a total bitch or maybe grinding low stat choices. Or maybe it does have a higher purpose reason and in the future we may wish to avoid a power or too. For now, we just don't know. But I thought that it was a valid question to ask, just to have in the back of our heads.
I do agree i think it was for the feeling of having a choice, or maybe if u want to see what happens if u dont get the powers, for people who dont want to replay the game.
Well maybe there will be paths/powers which u need the existing ones as a basic.
Or as u mentioned maybe there will be powers for specific paths like necromancy, or powers which have other downsides.

Probably we think more deeply about the choice to decline them, than the dev ever has

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 193 Votes