4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Oh yes.. She as a hunter would be very interesting. And given how much detail they went into creating her, I would not be surprised if she ends up being more than just a single episode character. Or maybe I am just wishing for too much.

Alodjinn

Sep 6, 2018
I just had a thought in the middle of the update.
Given how obfuscate work in masquerade and requiem. What if the red dream woman and the woman we talk at the gathering was the same vampire. Given how no one seen her and we have the power of stealth.
Plus the way she ask if we are gonna kill her in the wood.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Oh yes.. She as a hunter would be very interesting. And given how much detail they went into creating her, I would not be surprised if she ends up being more than just a single episode character. Or maybe I am just wishing for too much.
Oh she definitely will be more than just a single episode character, Sharon wanting to 'gift' her to MC is more than enough to convince me.

Reactions: Hazeti and Ayhsel

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
As I mentioned in previous post I want her and Sire to be love interest, but I would super welcome own agenda or even rival/villainous heroines, in the sense of being characters that while they and MC can develop feeling to each other, are not necessarily friendly and could make life of MC harder
Yes i would welcome that, it would be more interesting...well and i like such settings.
I could imagine her as one of the remaining Antediluvians, which sleep's somewhere forgotten from the world, similar like Akasha from 'interview with a vampire'.

Well i think she will be more than a single episode character, as a hunter ? who knows, but it would really make a nice surprise for Mc and Sharon when she trys to charm her.

And don't forget about the archon's gang, he wants Sharon's ass and Astrid wants the MC for herself. I have no doubt they will try to mess up things in Scottstown.
Probably that being said, the archon makes Sharon's life hell for quite some time, he seems not really in haste and Sharon has powerfull friends like Marcus.
Also i think people give too much credits to the archon. Yes he is a elder, but in the end he rules only a part of a single city, there are other archons in the city and those above the archons, i think prince was it + all the old ones which have simply no interest in politics. Alone in the Court scene were several elders with similar power to him.
In my opinion he is at best an early to midgame boss in gamer terms.

Last edited:

zh

Oct 17, 2017
Is it just me or does she have the sunglasses upside down?
View attachment 626380
Before even asking this question... is it just me or wearing sunglasses at night is dumb ? :ROFLMAO:
And im curious about the girl in the bar which plays piano, i think she is more than just a musician.
She could be a hunter, after all we know at least one is in the town and as the only bar(which are a popular/major hunting ground for vampires) it would be a perfect place for observation.
A hunter, yes.
The first time I saw this piano girl, my first thought was "she is hot but... it's a trap".
She may also investigate the disappearances. When something is fishy, there are bound to be hunters.

That said, this game is becoming better and better :)

waiwode

Dec 10, 2019
Also i think people give to much credits to the archon. Yes he is a elder, but in the end he rules only a part of a single city, there are other archons in the city and those above the archons i think prince was it + all the old ones which have simply no interest in politics. Alone in the Court scene were several elders with similar power to him.
In my opinion he is at best an early to midgame boss in gamer terms.
Here's where I think we shouldn't walk the V:tM path too closely.

The Archon has the authority to send a vampire to another community. There are no appeals to higher authority. In Rebirth we can pretty safely assume that the Archon is the only local political authority. Yes, there are other elders, and he seems to be "first among equals" rather than a supreme authority. The other elders are not afraid to express their minds on his sentence for Sharon. I don't think this is a democracy by any means, though.

I doi agree that he is a midgame boss. I think there is a much bigger game being played around the city right now, and we have only seen a few of the moves. The Archon is likely just an unknowing chess piece on the board, albeit not a pawn.

zh

Oct 17, 2017
I doi agree that he is a midgame boss. I think there is a much bigger game being played around the city right now, and we have only seen a few of the moves. The Archon is likely just an unknowing chess piece on the board, albeit not a pawn.
I would agree to that.
But now, the question becomes : have we already seen the final boss behind the scene? Before this update, I thought that the final boss might me MC's sire. But since this update, I'm not sure anymore : this mysterious sire seems to have created MC in order to kill somebody she can't kill herself. So MC's sire can't be the final boss, right?

edit : Or maybe she is still the final boss, and all of this drama is just a test for MC? And if MC fails, she will try to kill MC? Who knows :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I would agree to that.
But now, the question becomes : have we already seen the final boss behind the scene? Before this update, I thought that the final boss might me MC's sire. But since this update, I'm not sure anymore : this mysterious sire seems to have created MC in order to kill somebody she can't kill herself. So MC's sire can't be the final boss, right?
To be fair, it looked to me she did it out of boredom and nothing else. That is one of the reasons I like Rebirth so much. As it is not just another "everything is a piece in some master villain plan" it can potentially span a very long story. Moreover, not all great stories are complicated machinations of fate or somebody's will. Sometimes, great stories are created by pure chance. This time, MC meeting his beautiful and mysterious sire.

Sire is bore. Sire creates MC. MC tries to fuck Sharon. MC kills Archon for Sharon. New random guy tries to hurt Laurie. MC creates new female vampire to protect Laurie. Laurie tries to kill new vampire out of jealousy. New new guy tries to manipulate MC to go after New new new guy.. so on and so forth.

But it was pretty clear to me than MC was created for a pure whim. No genius plot behind. She may still become something great later. And hopefully, she will.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nulldev and zh

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I really like the story so far.

I dont think Carmen is a hunter, but she certainly is going to play some role into this."

I think we will kill the Archon, but that is not who the girl in the forest is talking about. That kind of question is made when killing that someone would be a hard choice, maybe that someone is Merrick or Marcus? Or even Andrew?

I think the MC was created out of boredoom, but now someone from the MC Sire clan wants to use him for something."

waiwode

Dec 10, 2019
To be fair, it looked to me she did it out of boredom and nothing else.

But it was pretty clear to me than MC was created for a pure whim. No genius plot behind. She may still become something great later. And hopefully, she will.
I agree here. He was a whim. But the "red lady" is something else. A hint at something bigger and darker going on. And the "djinn wind" that cut up Sharon is another.

MC's sire is a B plot, I feel. Confronted, I don't think he'll get many answers, because there aren't any.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
MC's sire is a B plot, I feel. Confronted, I don't think he'll get many answers, because there aren't any.
I think that there is a space to create great plot with sire. As with the red lady, not because of the reason that MC was created, but by the consequences. Something like the red lady, suddenly sire realizing there is an OP child there and for some reason she willing to use him to further some plot. Still, so far the only thing we know about her is that she was bored, so for her to actually care about MC, it would have to follow some other reason. Maybe something like butterfly effect, MC suddenly doing something that leads to Sire eventually caring. Or even something totally unrelated making her care.

But yes, the plot that I hope is not about MC creation but more about MC vampire life and its consequences.

Reactions: waiwode

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Here's where I think we shouldn't walk the V:tM path too closely.

The Archon has the authority to send a vampire to another community. There are no appeals to higher authority. In Rebirth we can pretty safely assume that the Archon is the only local political authority. Yes, there are other elders, and he seems to be "first among equals" rather than a supreme authority. The other elders are not afraid to express their minds on his sentence for Sharon. I don't think this is a democracy by any means, though.
Yes i agree we shouldn't walk the V:tM path too closely.
But Sharon said, the city is divided between the archons and she also said, the princeps is above the archons.

this mysterious sire seems to have created MC in order to kill somebody she can't kill herself. So MC's sire can't be the final boss, right?
That doesn't make sense, as the sire is more powerfull than his/her child and has lived for a far longer time.
To surpass her he would probably need a very long time.
I think Mc's sire created him out of boredoom and was hoping to break the monotony.
Or the 'girl' from the red dream has something to do with his creation, if his sire can also see/talk with her.

I think the MC was created out of boredoom, but now someone from the MC Sire clan wants to use him for something."
I doubt she told someone of his creation, but if his power continuous to grow so rapidly, it is only a matter of time before others will notice it and they will likely come to the conclusion that he has some very powerfull/old bloodline.
And many would comit diablerie to a fledgling to get hold of that power

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I think that there is a space to create great plot with sire. As with the red lady, not because of the reason that MC was created, but by the consequences.
Hear this.

Sharon tells us NOS dont like people getting invisible that arent themselves. There must be a reason over just jealousy.

Maybe the NOS at some point were at some kind of conflict with the group that ouyr Sire belongs and thats why they dont like other people that can get invisible. Marcus also knows very fast that our claws arent from the "Wolf clan", so i think he suspects something.

Now, we were sired out of a whim, but ended up getting close to the NOS though Sharon, something this group cant do.

What if they are interested in using us against Marcus and thats who the girl in the forest ask about? Of course, we wouldnt do it just out of the blue, but if the choice was Sharon or Marcus?

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I doubt she told someone of his creation, but if his power continuous to grow so rapidly, it is only a matter of time before others will notice it and they will likely come to the conclusion that he has some very powerfull/old bloodline.
And many would comit diablerie to a fledgling to get hold of that power
Read what i just posted and see if it makes sense

mogrim

Feb 13, 2018
frankly this first episode has been a very nice little sci-fi/fantasy romance.
i liked the choices nothing felt too cheesey in the dialogues and the characters are decent enough that i kinda cared to read what they where saying and payed attention.
i would like to understand the character abilities better, it currently seems like a placeholder thing that doesnt really have an impact, with the story being somewhat linear.

so far a big thumbs up, and i want to se more.

4.10 star(s) 193 Votes