4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
As a guy who got a Master in History, made a few archive researches reading and collecting historical documents, and read thousands and thousands of scholarly books and academic journals, I'll tell you that amateurs should stop believing that weird theories are facts.

FACTS are facts, and speculations are speculations. As a historian, I always stick with facts ( = documents) and I think that most anthropological theories like the trans-cultural diffusion theory are just a busload of really questionable ideological theories.
Not going to discuss this with an expert since I am not one. :p Still many of those myths do have common themes and stories but also sometimes big changes in which god exactly partakes in them and their gender from cultures that we do know have had contact, sometimes by trade or war/conquest and where if we go early Mesopotamian times or earlier documents tend to be extremely rare. It would rather be weird if there had not been cross influences as opposed to the American continent, where for any contact we would have to go back way further in history for there to be a land bridge. In which case cultural contamination would mean those myths go back way earlier as assumed and it is way more likely similarities come from having come to same answers to dealing with a certain lifestyle.

Isis is for sure not a copy of Inanna, hell one might even say there are major changes in Inanna herself already in history of Mesopotamia and pretty conflicting myths. Considering some of the myths though in Egyptian culture, it is unlikely that those myths surrounding Inanna did not influence theirs. Whether that was directly or by a shared even earlier origin of those myths or a third party with similar myths that influenced the Egyptians, who knows. It is not like we know that much yet of very early Egyptian culture or pre-Egypt either and are still learning partly due to there not being documents and even if some are there they tend to be declarations of very powerful rich people with their own political motives and better be careful to take them at face value.

Last edited:
Reactions: Verbalvonitcomet

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Not going to discuss this with an expert since I am not one. :p Still many of those myths do have common themes and stories but also sometimes big changes in which god exactly partakes in them and their gender from cultures that we do know have had contact, sometimes by trade or war/conquest and where if we go early Mesopotamian times or earlier documents tend to be extremely rare. It would rather be weird if there had not been cross influences as opposed to the American continent, where for any contact we would have to go back way further in history for there to be a land bridge. In which case cultural contamination would mean those myths go back way earlier as assumed and it is way more likely similarities come from having come to same answers to dealing with a certain lifestyle.

Isis is for sure not a copy of Inanna, hell one might even say there are major changes in Inanna herself already in history of Mesopotamia and pretty conflicting myths. Considering some of the myths though in Egyptian culture, it is unlikely that those myths surrounding Inanna did not influence theirs. Whether that was directly or by a shared even earlier origin of those myths or a third party with similar myths that influenced the Egyptians, who knows. It is not like we know that much yet of very early Egyptian culture or pre-Egypt either and are still learning partly due to there not being documents and even if some are there they tend to be declarations of very powerful rich people with their own political motives and better be careful to take them at face value.
You simply don't know anything. "It would be weird" is not a valid argument: it's just saying "I wanna believe in what I want to believe in".

In my own opinion silence and "we don't know" is the right answer. But I guess that this answer in this "every-fucking-damn-youtuber-with-100-subscribers-thinks-he-knows-how-to-solve-the-latest-middle-east-crisis" era isn't popular.

• Angry
Reactions: Verbalvonitcomet

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
You simply don't know anything. "It would be weird" is not a valid argument: it's just saying "I wanna believe in what I want to believe in".

In my own opinion silence and "we don't know" is the right answer. But I guess that this answer in this "every-fucking-damn-youtuber-with-100-subscribers-thinks-he-knows-how-to-solve-the-latest-middle-east-crisis" era isn't popular.
It is not like I have not read a lot about archeology and history and also seen how quite a few of the so called scientific theories have been discredited either like the one about Minos or that a political correct world viewpoint has led to some interesting viewpoints. :p Acting as if there was no cultural assimilation or influencing in ancient times and only started with the Roman empire would be a pretty weird take either.

Science is also about making hypotheses known on based fact and then check those hypotheses. Just what are facts when comes to time you have not thousands of independent documents, is harder to establish. Saying there is no idea of how human civilizations work and that our ancestors were immune to that and operated in a void also does not really fit the facts we do know from every well documented more recent society, even the Japanese when it more or less closed itself off from the world. :p

These myths though quite often did survive, though we might not have them in their most ancient versions and 2000 years of a Christian viewpoint on them has changed them and even nature of how we look at those goddesses and gods now, which might not be same as the original worshippers who created those myths or incorporated them in their believe systems did view them.

Last edited:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Also from what was shared her, by Arigon and more or less, according to him, was confirmed from the devs themself and what is already in the game:
  • Calisto is an ancient vampire, so ancient that most of the vampire that live now, don't know anything about her or her background. For most of them she is a myth at best.
  • Inanna is the same to Calisto, as Calisto is for the current day vampire.
  • The name Inanna was used in the game in connection with Frode and the other strange vampire "historian"
So, as some vampire going back to 400 years or more (eg. Fabian) and are nothing in compare to Calisto, she needs to be (much) older. Assuming two or more millennia. That again would put Inanna, with the same age difference, to 4 or more millennia and thus into the Early Bronze Age. From that simple "common" fact, Inanna can't belong to the Romans and neither does she belongs to the Greeks, at least not Ancient Greece.

Additionaly, if we assume that Inanna was not a simple women, but one with great power and influence, then it makes sense that she was part of an advanced civilisation. And 2 000 years BC they aren't that much there to pick one. And if she was much older, then the available option (from human history) is even more limited.
Of course, you can always use the writers freedom and just make your own advanced civilisation that is pure fiction. I know from one (well know) author that he had moved cities around the map, so that it makes more sense for his story.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Yeah, a real weak point of the game, you got lot's of different powers but they are never used...kinda pointless.
and not all powers revealed yet (aka after marcus).

this isn't might and magic fantasy (and even on those mana is restriction so only some basic spells are used).

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Of course, you can always use the writers freedom and just make your own advanced civilisation that is pure fiction. I know from one (well know) author that had moved cities around the map, so that it makes more sense for his story.
And I think honestly this really is the key here. People can complain that this thing or that thing is historically inaccurate, and they are very often probably right. But this story is fiction itself, so why should we assume that everything within that pretends to be historically based is fully accurate? Writers very often (unless they have specifically chosen not to) use a certain degree of liberty with historical facts, including places, event dates, biographies of people, and so on.

Take, for instance, the film Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Would anyone seriously spend energy trying to debate how this fact or that event isn't what really happened? The entire premise is fiction, so playing around with timelines and interactions should be a part of what viewers willingly suspend of their disbelief to watch the film in the first place. I fail to see why this AVN should be any different: vampires don't actually exist, there's no actual dangerous pool found in a cavern somewhere as portrayed in this game, and so on. Things will very likely not match up in this game. If you're so stubborn about things masquerading as history in fiction reflecting actual history, I'm not sure why you'd play this game.

Last edited:
Reactions: c3p0 and D Dog
Sep 26, 2023
People are too hung up in minutia. Frankly you can stuff the Pantheons for all I care as long as the storytelling is good who gives a flip. I was trying to explain something to the best of my recollection. I made a Caveat in the beginning of my statement that said that If I was in error I was sorry. Cookiemonster, Warscared, C3po, and Da22 are all well known members of this thread and as such deserve some common courtesy. Though there Allways seems to be one or two self-agggrandizing Potentates who ceate static for the masses.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
A little warning:

I wrote that people just need to download the public versions we find on Patreon to avoid bugs.

Well, the Authors wrote on Patreon that they fixed the bugs and the public versions are bugfree... BUT it's not true.

We still need Meushi's fixes.

I just found out while replaying the whole game that the bug towards the end of episode 4 where we couldn't "trigger" the "ride the senses" skill and make the nos fight Marcius is still there. Therefore we need to download Meushi's fixes and merge them into the game folder.

Anyway, I only hope that the story will have a decent end and will explain everything:

- I hope they will remember that Sharon wasn't assaulted in the forest by the feral nos they killed in the hospital. So, who/what the hell assaulted her?

- I'm still wondering if the young girl who keeps telling MC to join her in the crimson path and the female creature in the cave are the same person/creature. They look the same person to me.

and so on...

Last edited:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
A little warning:

I wrote that people just need to download the public versions we find on Patreon to avoid bugs.

Well, the Authors wrote on Patreon that they fixed the bugs an the public versions are bugfree... BUT it's not true.

I just found out while replaying the whole game that the bug towards the end of episode 4 where we couldn't "trigger" the "ride the senses" skill and make the nos fight Marcius is still there. Therefore we need to download Meushi's fixes and merge them into the game folder.

Anyway, I only hope that the story will have a decent end and will explain everything:

- I hope they will remember that Sharon wasn't assaulted in the forest by the feral nos they killed in the hospital. So, who/what the hell assaulted her?

- I'm still wondering if the young girl who keeps telling MC to join her in the crimson path and the female creature in the cave are the same person/creature. They look the same person to me.

and so on...
Pretty sure a lot of that isn't going to get explained. They have only a few updates left, and this development team is notorious for less-than-satisfying endings to their VNs.

evileeyore

Aug 15, 2023
For those looking to change the font just use the A key
This also needs to be mentioned in the "Extras" section because who the hell opens the "Installation" spoilers? I already know how to install a Ren'Py game...

As someone who is mildly dyslexic, the OG font choice made a few scenes impossible to read. On my next playthrough I'll give the DejaVuSans option a shot, it might just solve those ALL CAPS lines.

Do we need the prior Hotfixes still to fix those chapters, or just the latest?

I hope they will remember that Sharon wasn't assaulted in the forest by the feral nos they killed in the hospital. So, who/what the hell assaulted her?
MY hottake on this orphaned plotline is that it's an "easter egg" for OG VtM games fans, it's a werewolf attack that will never be resolved. Just as teh original VtM games had a single werewolf attack scene just to remind you that Vamps aren't the biggest baddest predators in the world, this game has a "mysterious" assualt in the woods to leave you wondering what big bad is lurking in the wild places to ruin a city parasite's day.

Reactions: Warscared

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
I haven't reviewed the Patron versions against the ep 3 & 4 hotfixes, so I don't know if there are any other bugs the devs missed.

The way the hotfixes are designed means they won't break anything though, so should be safe to install against the Patreon versions regardless & the hotfixes are easy to uninstall if necessary. As long as you don't mix other mods, then all bets are off.

The recommendation to use the Patreon versions is primarily because they do fix the inter-episode save transfer bugs, and most of the other bugs.

Reactions: evileeyore

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
This also needs to be mentioned in the "Extras" section because who the hell opens the "Installation" spoilers? I already know how to install a Ren'Py game...

As someone who is mildly dyslexic, the OG font choice made a few scenes impossible to read. On my next playthrough I'll give the DejaVuSans option a shot, it might just solve those ALL CAPS lines.

MY hottake on this orphaned plotline is that it's an "easter egg" for OG VtM games fans, it's a werewolf attack that will never be resolved. Just as teh original VtM games had a single werewolf attack scene just to remind you that Vamps aren't the biggest baddest predators in the world, this game has a "mysterious" assualt in the woods to leave you wondering what big bad is lurking in the wild places to ruin a city parasite's day.
Yeah, I don't have any control over how mods use my posts. The other thing you can do is enable high contrast for the font it tends to work best on issues where the dev has poorly configured the transparency background and/or font color but has not given any option to change it.

It won't make the font style more readable but if you notice the text color and image background blending together it will fix the issue. In either case glad a post I made almost 4 years ago is still helping someone.

Reactions: evileeyore

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
A little warning:

Well, the Authors wrote on Patreon that they fixed the bugs and the public versions are bugfree... BUT it's not true.

and so on...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jimmy99005

Aug 17, 2023
Rebirth is a game Ive enjoyed over its development, my only complaint is what seems like little updates to a bigger story. I'm simply wanting more faster. Anyways keep up the great story.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
about hotfixes: zoey's wt-mod usually has hotfixes included so no need to install those.

denadm

Apr 7, 2023
Error: renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
when loading from episode 8, what to do?

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Error: renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
when loading from episode 8, what to do?
There is no episode 8. Are you talking about a save from episode 1, chapter 8?

If so, are you trying to open it in episode 2? That won't work, each episode is a separate game, the normal saves aren't compatible between episodes.

Play episode 1 till the very end. The game will prompt you to name an episode transfer save.
When starting episode 2, press " New Game" and it will let you import those episode transfer saves.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017

Hi
No image on this since I'm making it from my phone. Had to leave home. Nothing serious. Stupid stuff. My mom got a flat tire, and she called me. Now I have to drive 160 km to go get her. Stopped at a gas station to fill up and write this.
What's left to do is post work on about 30 renders. Should be no more than a couple of hours of work. I might get it done tonight, depending on what hour I get home.
But to be sure I'm pushing the update to tomorrow, after work.

Best regards
Likesblondes

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021

Hi
No image on this since I'm making it from my phone. Had to leave home. Nothing serious. Stupid stuff. My mom got a flat tire, and she called me. Now I have to drive 160 km to go get her. Stopped at a gas station to fill up and write this.
What's left to do is post work on about 30 renders. Should be no more than a couple of hours of work. I might get it done tonight, depending on what hour I get home.
But to be sure I'm pushing the update to tomorrow, after work.

Best regards
Likesblondes
Well, if you drive 160 kms you end up abroad in quite a few European countries... :D :D

• Haha
Reactions: FFTW
4.10 star(s) 193 Votes