4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Also this game is NOT a kinetic novel. It has few, but quite MEANINGFUL choices. Also at the game beginning are some random points you can get which ( without knowning you maybe have to replay those scenes to get them) will lock you out of some routes/giving you a game over way later in newer episodes.
no it isn't kn but past updates after mc beat marcus have been quite kinetic so that's why i said mostly.

Reactions: J.R.

Estius

Mar 16, 2023
I can't believe I spent 2 days playing just to get a game over in chapter 4. That is the most annoying, trollish thing they could do in a visual novel. Will definitely never play another game from this dev again. (n)

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I can't believe I spent 2 days playing just to get a game over in chapter 4. That is the most annoying, trollish thing they could do in a visual novel. Will definitely never play another game from this dev again. (n)
1. you made error, 2. you didn't get all powers, 3. early choices are important, 4. you played bugged ep1.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
1. you made error, 2. you didn't get all powers, 3. early choices are important, 4. you played bugged ep1.
the powers part kinda bugs me too at times. These days I just play the new updates, but a long while ago I started a new game and didn't get the invis ability. I think there is some randomness in it.

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
i don't even remember all powers mc has.
Claws (get used like... twice). Invis (gets used twice as well). Then I think there was something to do with mind control? It got used once or twice on that cop lady if i remember correctly. Just another part of the game that's never fully committed to.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Claws (get used like... twice). Invis (gets used twice as well). Then I think there was something to do with mind control? It got used once or twice on that cop lady if i remember correctly. Just another part of the game that's never fully committed to.
yeah I think that's it... when you are confronted with whatshisname you can either use the claws or the ride senses ability and get the other dude kill him for you (I think that's what it's called). Kinda pointless in such a long game and you use them once or twice, and even then it's not guaranteed you even get all the abilities.

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
i don't even remember all powers mc has.
yeah I think that's it... when you are confronted with whatshisname you can either use the claws or the ride senses ability and get the other dude kill him for you (I think that's what it's called). Kinda pointless in such a long game and you use them once or twice, and even then it's not guaranteed you even get all the abilities.
Powers shown in the images/powers folder are as follows:

Claws (Prowess)
Ephemerality (is the quality or condition of being ephemeral, which means something transitory or short-lived. In this AVN context, used to become intangible and phase through a door)
Invisibility
Secret Whispers (Mind Control)
Senses (Visions Past)
Vicious Power (Seems like increased strength/speed..)

There are "charscreen.rpy" and "powerscreens.rpy" that has existed since episode 1, these were suppose to show the current powers acquired in the character screen, but to date, the developer has not implemented it.

Reactions: imzahai and Meushi

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
Powers shown in the images/powers folder are as follows:

Claws (Prowess)
Ephemerality (is the quality or condition of being ephemeral, which means something transitory or short-lived. In this AVN context, used to become intangible and phase through a door)
Invisibility
Secret Whispers (Mind Control)
Senses (Visions Past)
Vicious Power (Seems like increased strength/speed..)

There are "charscreen.rpy" and "powerscreens.rpy" that has existed since episode 1, these were suppose to show the current powers acquired in the character screen, but to date, the developer has not implemented it.
Just goes to show how terribly that aspect of the game was done. I barely remember Ephemeral or Senses power being used. Nor do I even remember if it was explained why the MC has all of these powers or at the very least why his claws were that potent. Was it due to his Sire? if so that's a wet blanket since i think she said she was just bored at the start of the game when she turned him. If it's due to w/e is down in this cave then we're cutting it kinda close to the end of the game for this explanation.

Not very hopeful for a well put together ending.

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
Just goes to show how terribly that aspect of the game was done. I barely remember Ephemeral or Senses power being used. Nor do I even remember if it was explained why the MC has all of these powers or at the very least why his claws were that potent. Was it due to his Sire? if so that's a wet blanket since i think she said she was just bored at the start of the game when she turned him. If it's due to w/e is down in this cave then we're cutting it kinda close to the end of the game for this explanation.

Not very hopeful for a well put together ending.
It's never been explained why he is able to acquire these powers. The Vampire The Masquerade lore theory in this thread was that due to his Sire being so ancient. We just don't know.

As for the upcoming ending, I would never had imagined at the start of the game, those years ago, that it would boil down to a show down in a cave!! The story seemed much more that that. Guess we'll ind out soon enough.

Reactions: hmorphone

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
i had already theorised that its because Calisto has not made a childe in almost 2.000 years!
its like saving it up for 5 years... once you come inside the bitch she will be glued to the ceiling!

so his blood is like ultra fertilized so all the powers presented on his blood are available to be explored!
his powers will also be more refined and ready to evolve in an ultra fast way!

Combined with Calisto being a 4th or 5th generations and therefore very little blood dilution,
means her childe would always be a glass cannon, fragile due to its age, but an extremly powerfull weapon!
give the MC 100 years and he will probably be almost as powerfull in potencial as Calisto that as stoped evolving!
if he could get the proper schooling in terms of powers and he wouldn´t miss any oportunity
that Calisto might have lost when she was growing up !
One of them is probably invisibility Calisto never took that power,
she probably failed a few others due to fear or lack of schooling!

At the same time she learned a few techniques like the perpetual hard on
or the stomach cramps power that are probably learned and not acquired by bood!

Going invisible to take out Marcus sounds like a fine idea for a stealth based MC, to complement the prowess & charisma options available.
yeah and the next day the MC would be served ice cold on a spit with toothpicks once he shows that he has nos powers...
remember the fight was public all the archons are probably already salivating considering taking him out and absorbing his claw powers
now imagine what they would do if they discovered they could milk the MC for more then just 1 power, or diablarise as aragon called it

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Meushi

Estius

Mar 16, 2023
the powers part kinda bugs me too at times. These days I just play the new updates, but a long while ago I started a new game and didn't get the invis ability. I think there is some randomness in it.
It's a terrible mechanic for such a long game. Not to mention infuriating. At least have alternate paths to get to the end of the game. I certainly don't want to restart and spend another 2 days figuring out how to avoid a game ending scene by selecting obscure choices. Especially when they give you no hint at all that I'd need a bunch of different powers. I just though it would be cool to play a stealthy vampire so, I focussed on stealth when possible. Apparently it's useless. My charactrer could turn completely invisible. Fighting an invisible enemy would be more than a little difficult, but we didn't even get an option.

evileeyore

Aug 15, 2023
There's a game over possibility in chapter 4? Is it the fight with
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I can see that going poorly if you don't have the claws and/or enough "prowess" for the upgrade to them.

Would be good if there were three ways to get through that scene; fight, hide, or mind-control. Or even bonus combinations if you have two or more powers...

also that shield arc was pretty fucking weird, and closed off without any sort of conclusion
I don't that arc is closed just yet.

Reactions: Meushi

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
powerscreens.rpy has been implemented since the start. That's the pop-up when you're offered a new power to accept or not.

You're right about charscreen.rpy though, the code to display powers info on this screen hasn't been implemented.
It's a terrible mechanic for such a long game. Not to mention infuriating. At least have alternate paths to get to the end of the game. I certainly don't want to restart and spend another 2 days figuring out how to avoid a game ending scene by selecting obscure choices.
It's not a mechanic issue. Frankly the occasional acquisition and use of the powers are one of the few times anything interesting happens.

The problem isn't the mechanic, it's buggy code to transfer stats between episodes. Players stats get nuked when moving between episodes, which means they subsequently don't have good enough stats to get later powers.

The game over is intended for people who chose to reject powers when offered. With the save transfer bugs it catches unintended victims.

These episode transfer bugs have been fixed by the devs, and are freely available .

So the solution to your problem is to download episodes 1-4 from Patreon and play through them again. To avoid taking 2 days again, just hit the Tab key. Since you've already played, it will skip through everything until it hits a choice, dialogue you haven't seen before, or an episode end. Doing this you can play episodes 1-4 in minutes, because there are barely any choices in this game.

This is a recurring issue in this thread. It's a mystery why f95 refuse to update the episode 1-4 download links to the fixed versions on Patreon. They have been reported in the past but rejected.

Estius

Mar 16, 2023
This is a recurring issue in this thread. It's a mystery why f95 refuse to update the episode 1-4 download links to the fixed versions on Patreon. They have been reported in the past but rejected.
I see. I definitely didn't refuse any powers. I'll just wait until they've completed the game, make a single donation on Patreon and play through it.

Reactions: evileeyore

MoBy28

Dec 15, 2023
powerscreens.rpy has been implemented since the start. That's the pop-up when you're offered a new power to accept or not.

You're right about charscreen.rpy though, the code to display powers info on this screen hasn't been implemented.

It's not a mechanic issue. Frankly the occasional acquisition and use of the powers are one of the few times anything interesting happens.

The problem isn't the mechanic, it's buggy code to transfer stats between episodes. Players stats get nuked when moving between episodes, which means they subsequently don't have good enough stats to get later powers.

The game over is intended for people who chose to reject powers when offered. With the save transfer bugs it catches unintended victims.

These episode transfer bugs have been fixed by the devs, and are freely available .

So the solution to your problem is to download episodes 1-4 from Patreon and play through them again. To avoid taking 2 days again, just hit the Tab key. Since you've already played, it will skip through everything until it hits a choice, dialogue you haven't seen before, or an episode end. Doing this you can play episodes 1-4 in minutes, because there are barely any choices in this game.

So the Dev has changed the random aspects of each training and the certain hidden stat-boost scenes? Or has something else been implemented as a failsafe? I had to find and check the walkthrough to even know "claws" ability was available after my game over in Chap 4. Based on what I saw with the walkthrough if you don't make the "correct" choices and get the best results in the first few choices you will either miss out on abilities or be SoL (game over in Chap 4). Also if you have bad luck and make the correct choices you can still fail due to the random stat boosts from training. IMO that makes the randomness a poor mechanic unless a failsafe was added. After I examined the walkthrough I found only 1 set of choices to get the 3 basic abilities when offered and even then I think only 1 of the prowess training could be the lower boost and still get claws on time. I was never offered any of the 3 basic abilities after the discovery points in the walkthrough.

My first playthrough I chose to be stealthy over prowess, I was never given the option to get claws so was game over at Chap 4. I did see someone mentioned a choice that gives a dagger from "mommy" to be able to win the fight, however I think that should be implemented as a "failsafe" if you don't have claws and not be a choice based thing.

That being said, only claws seems to prevent the game over option. The other abilities give extra scenes/info. Other than claws preventing the "premature" ending in chap 4, abilities are pretty much useless unless something in current development requires them.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
So the Dev has changed the random aspects of each training and the certain hidden stat-boost scenes? Or has something else been implemented as a failsafe? I had to find and check the walkthrough to even know "claws" ability was available after my game over in Chap 4. Based on what I saw with the walkthrough if you don't make the "correct" choices and get the best results in the first few choices you will either miss out on abilities or be SoL (game over in Chap 4). Also if you have bad luck and make the correct choices you can still fail due to the random stat boosts from training. IMO that makes the randomness a poor mechanic unless a failsafe was added. After I examined the walkthrough I found only 1 set of choices to get the 3 basic abilities when offered and even then I think only 1 of the prowess training could be the lower boost and still get claws on time. I was never offered any of the 3 basic abilities after the discovery points in the walkthrough.

My first playthrough I chose to be stealthy over prowess, I was never given the option to get claws so was game over at Chap 4. I did see someone mentioned a choice that gives a dagger from "mommy" to be able to win the fight, however I think that should be implemented as a "failsafe" if you don't have claws and not be a choice based thing.

That being said, only claws seems to prevent the game over option. The other abilities give extra scenes/info. Other than claws preventing the "premature" ending in chap 4, abilities are pretty much useless unless something in current development requires them.
Also if the MC has secret whispers, he can have someone else do (and win) the fight for him. So there is another no-game-over option for the fight. But yeah, stealth won't cut it.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
So the Dev has changed the random aspects of each training and the certain hidden stat-boost scenes? Or has something else been implemented as a failsafe?
They have not removed the random checks in ep 1. I agree that's a mistake, it's unnecessarily obtuse.

If you chose all the prowess options in ep1, including picking Alley when Sharon takes you feeding, then no you don't need to get the best outcomes from the random checks. You can scrape through and still get claws.

Getting better prowess randoms early makes it easier to redirect points into stealth, so can get invis too later in the episode.

If you only chose stealth options, obviously you won't get claws, but that would be expected. An exclusively stealth focused play-through being a dead end is arguably also a mistake, given there's no in game indication that may be a problem later.

Neither is a failing of the powers mechanic, but of their game design/logic. There have been many such over the years of varying severity.

Going invisible to take out Marcus sounds like a fine idea for a stealth based MC, to complement the prowess & charisma options available.

4.10 star(s) 193 Votes