4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

phinny1

Aug 22, 2017
Exactly this. If you you want to read previous discussion about this and that, that happen in between the 13 419 and 1 message, I suggset to search for post made by Arigon. At a time he was very close to the devs themself. Sadly we don't know what happens to him.

Seen his active again, so Arigon: How are you doing?
Yeah I was thinking about that while I was fixing some food, and I'm sure in the hundreds of pages this kind of speculation has already happened more than once. I suppose if there's no Caine in this continuity then the Antediluvians were never cursed and maybe they don't have such a close connection to their descendants.

Incidentally I remembered that Arikel was not the only Ishtar in World of Darkness, there's a fairly obscure reference to the author of the English translation of the Book of Nod saying that he felt the correct translation for Lilith was actually Ishtar, but he used Lilith because it was more traditional (and he probably didn't want to risk offending the Bahari). So maybe instead of turning Caine into the first vampire, Lilith is the first and is one of the ones awoken? That doesn't account for there being two the way the Arikel and Malkav theory does but maybe the second vampire is based on Na'amah.

zandalari

May 4, 2019
I cannot imagine Calisto being 4th generation, she doesn't seem anywhere close to powerful enough and has way too much humanity. Also I can't imagine a 4th gen being chumped so easily by anything short of the progenitor itself. Three bodhisattvas (Kuei-Jin considered to be the rough equivalent of 4th generation) were not only able to fight the Ravnos Antediluvian, they covered a large swath of India in a magical typhoon to protect themselves from the sun while they fought. They weren't killed by Zapathasura either but by what were essentially magically augmented nuclear bombs, which Zapathasura survived.

And for some scale on just how world altering the awakening of an Antediluvian would be in the modern era, the Week of Nightmares (what the awakening and death of Zapathasura was known as) resulted in the deaths of at least a few hundred million people, the almost total destruction of a major vampire clan, and even reverberated into every other supernatural genre when they normally don't mix too much.

Obviously in the author's 'not quite World of Darkness' continuity any changes he want are possible but it would be pretty damn weird if something(s) even more powerful than an Antediluvian had awoken but the weirdness didn't stray farther than the cave (aside from the MC's visions)
Those fight descriptions sound rad as fuck. Unfortunately this is just more proof that what we got wasn't quite what we expected.

The jokes about how we could end up with more renders devoted to traveling between the city and town/Cindy bitching/some other irrelevant activity than the awakening of goddesses from myth and legend, seem pretty well deserved at this point.

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
The theory crafting in this thread has been some of the most interesting stuff about this "game". The dev maybe could have sprinkled more elements of it into the story using characters like Calisto, Fabien and Marcus. Based on what has been presented in the game alone up to this point, everyone including the MC is going to die, regards of which powers were taken.

Sep 26, 2023
The theory crafting in this thread has been some of the most interesting stuff about this "game". The dev maybe could have sprinkled more elements of it into the story using characters like Calisto, Fabien and Marcus. Based on what has been presented in the game alone up to this point, everyone including the MC is going to die, regards of which powers were taken.
Oh Ye of little faith...Never underestimate the power of Artistic Liscense.

• Haha
Reactions: FFTW

Scooter_Tramp

Dec 23, 2022
I hate to say this, but, it needs to be said! While I absolutely love the premise of this game, the execution is the armpit of the gaming world! Huge fanbase, me included but these 5 minute updates do this game disservice. I was a patron for about a year then I walked away...

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Well, you just have to open the curtains during the day...
:sneaky: :sneaky:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
yep EP 5.
I just don't have the patience to download everything again until I get to the new update.
My point is that you're not being specific enough. Episode 5 has 10 updates now. Do you want a save from the end of Update 9? Did you stop playing earlier and so need a save farther back?

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I had already finished EP 4, but I lost the files, so I just want to start on EP 5
I've attached a save that's at the very beginning of Episode 5. Since you said you lost all of your saves, I renamed it so it shows up on Save Page 1, in Slot 1 since you might not want to rename it. Anyway, you can use that or one from Koga3, like J.R. said.

Reactions: Cabrabao and J.R.

YeColo

Dec 29, 2022
I like this game, but if we've got these powers then let us use them, or at least have MC trying to build them and find out what he's capable of, rather than using them when convenient.

Damn, the doors locked? Well I have this as yet unknown power that lets me glide through solid walls/doors.
Cop might see my leg? I'll just go invisible and leave that whole arc there.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Interested to see where this goes, as it feels like it's just all about that cave at the moment, which I have no doubt that MC will end up killing

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I like this game, but if we've got these powers then let us use them, or at least have MC trying to build them and find out what he's capable of, rather than using them when convenient.
yeah that was debated some pages ago.

4.10 star(s) 193 Votes