4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

MRG101

Aug 2, 2019
So far as the game is structured, I think you´re be able to max all of your powers. RPG guru in me cries, but the story is king ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: c3p0 and Ayhsel
D

Deleted member 2631054

Dev has already committed to adding resources to expand his releases if his patreon hits $1500, but with peeps dropping his game on day 1 it won't happen... All you crazy followers need to throw something at the game to make it happen! I am already committing 10 bones to get it as soon as it drops... By pledging $5 you will make this happen and the $10 tier will still leak you early access...

ThunderStruck

Dec 1, 2017
does anybody know the best playthrough ?? where we get max stats
When choosing between prowess, charisma and stealth choose charisma, this way you can aquire ability for each stat. At certain instances throught the story you can aquire stat points, the amount of points you get is random and you may have to reload the game couple of times to get maximum. See the walkthrough, it explains how to get maximum number of points.

xDEEPx

Oct 7, 2017
does anybody know the best playthrough ?? where we get max stats
Get charisma up to 11 first I think... which is club in ep 1 for a start.. and then make sure you succeed in practices and make sure prowess is also 11 before meeting archon coz of Laurie..

Dec 28, 2019
The charisma bonus for talking to the female cop appears to be fixed at +2. I went up from a 13 to a 15 every time.

In OWoD terms, Secret Whispers reminds me a bit of the higher level Auspex power telepathy because it enables thought reading and mental communication, but with the added wrinkle that the target can't distinguish between the thoughts the vampire is sending them and their own thoughts. It also seems to create a lasting fascination effect like Presence.

I'm glad to see mama redhead back too, but a little sad that she seems to care so little about the MC. Hopefully that means she'll respect the MC's independence instead of trying to turn them into a minion.

The bit about elders drinking the MC dry also reminds me of OWoD, because committing the crime of diablerie on a newly made, totally inexperienced but lower generation vampire was a relatively easy way to increase a vampire's power by reducing the number of generations between them and the first vampire (thought to be Cain in OWoD).

It's interesting that Fabian identified himself as a Thaumaturge and called the MC "cousin". In OWoD, the Tremere clan had a monopoly on Thaumaturgy, and Auspex was another of their clan powers, but Obfuscation and Protean claws certainly weren't. And while there was a perception that the Tremere weren't entirely trustworthy, and more tightly controlled by their elders than other vampires, the idea that the clan of thaumaturges are a bunch of charlatans seems new to this story. Templars were also something very different in OWoD so Fabian's clan of templar thaumaturges appears to be a notable and interesting divergence from the setting that inspired this story.

All in all its a fun little update to the story. I look forward to the next one.

Reactions: D Dog

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
Templars were also something very different in OWoD so Fabian's clan of templar thaumaturges appears to be a notable and interesting divergence from the setting that inspired this story.

All in all its a fun little update to the story. I look forward to the next one.
maybe he was a templat before he was turned.

n OWoD terms, Secret Whispers reminds me a bit of the higher level Auspex power telepathy because it enables thought reading and mental communication, but with the added wrinkle that the target can't distinguish between the thoughts the vampire is sending them and their own thoughts. It also seems to create a lasting fascination effect like Presence.
could be a combined power.

zh

Oct 17, 2017
In OWoD terms, Secret Whispers reminds me a bit of the higher level Auspex power telepathy because it enables thought reading and mental communication, but with the added wrinkle that the target can't distinguish between the thoughts the vampire is sending them and their own thoughts. It also seems to create a lasting fascination effect like Presence.
Yep. This skill seems very OP tho...
Main Characters that are too powerfull tends to become boring. The good new is Fabian is MC's "cousin"... which means "same generation"... but waaay older than the MC. So logically Fabian is more powerfull than MC, which is actually good news because a good competition with a good rival/opponent/enemy means a less boring story :)

Dec 28, 2019
maybe he was a templat before he was turned.
While it's quite possible Fabian was an actual knight templar in his mortal life before he was turned given the suit of armor the MC saw him in, I doubt he'd have made it sound like a synonym for his bloodline if that were all there was to it. Whatever he meant by templar, it sounded like its very relevant to his bloodline, and as implied by the MC's vision, somehow connected to the MC's maker too.

could be a combined power.
That's my thought too.

Main Characters that are too powerfull tends to become boring. The good new is Fabian is MC's "cousin"... which means "same generation"... but waaay older than the MC. So logically Fabian is more powerfull than MC, which is actually good news because a good competition with a good rival/opponent/enemy means a less boring story :)
He said cousin, not brother so it's not entirely clear that they have the same maker/sire or if they're even the same generation. I took it to mean that they're of the same bloodline and that their progenitors are related but not necessarily the same. But Fabian is certainly much older, and thus far more experienced.

On the subject of the thought implant discipline being OP, I think that would depend on how easily he can use it on elder vampires. A lot of vamp mind powers in OWoD worked easily against most mortals like that female cop but could be resisted by vampires, especially highly experienced older vampires who are familiar with the power.

Last edited:

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
Wait, Fabian maybe older but i wouldn't say more powerful. Let's say hypothetically speaking, Mom is antediluvian Mc is direct descendant of Mom. Because Fabian called MC cousin Fabian is a descendant of a direct offspring of mom, Not a direct offspring like MC. If that makes sense

We still don't know how old MC Mom is simply because we can only see the vision of Fabian yes he is old but i don't think he is as old as our Mom

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
I really need to get more info on the WoD. I hadn't heard of the Tzimetze. Or maybe I saw a mention as they were a dead clan or something. Still, I need to read up more.

I kind of want Carmen as a thrall, especially if MC can get her even kind of willing for it, but being turned could work too. Pretty sure vamps are supposed to get permission to sire someone though, so MC probably won't, plus he's so young and doesn't know how to do pretty much anything like that yet. So if it isn't Sharon or MC that turn Carmen, then there is nothing tying her to MC. NO. I am not entertaining the option of Merrick turning her. I like him, but making Carmen a Nos would be such a waste. Make Carmen and Laurie both thralls now and maybe in a few years/decades turn them the rest of the way.
Tzimetze... alright I mispelt it... Tzimisce, one of the 13 main clans, very active, they were the big bad guy in VTM, and appeared as bad guys in VTM: Bloodlines, they are to put it politely the sicko's of vampire society, one of the major powers behind the Sabat who like burying their new members and beating them over the head with shovels as a "Welcome to the family".

From memory noone can stop you from making a thrall, but yeah, to Sire a Childe you need permission from higher up, so the MC could thrall Carmen.

I think she's simply holding to her position as MC's tutor, if he develops beyond her knwoledge, she will no longer have that role and she won't be able to use it as anexcuse to hide her feelings
From what we have seen the MC has already grown beyond her abilities in some ways, but not in others, to keep them together though she needs to listen, she has already seen that he knows things about her and others that he couldn't know, once they get past that I can see them getting closer, the more she denies the more she pushes him away, which he has already stated he doesnt want.

First part is true, their initial exchange is testament to that, she said something along the lines of "Why did the gods create mankind? Because they were bored." Her turning him was mostly due to boredom, but from what Fabien said she does not know he lived, so she believes he did not survive her turning him.

I think once she finds out she will seek him out to protect her lineage and bloodline since based on how cryptic Fabien is the current Elders dont know that she even exists. Also based on the premonitions of the past she is probably at least 1200 years old if not possibly way older then that even.
I do not believe the MC's Redhead Sire is an Antediluvian, but I do believe she is an ancient so 3rd-5th Gen, I think shes atleast 1600 years old just from her own comments, more likely 2100 years old because other vampires of around that age had been shown in other sources and they are similarly hunted for their blood when they get identified, heck there is a Lore story about a vamp of about that age who ended out the head of an Aztec Blood cult, and the whole story is about beating him and draining his blood if your lucky, thats both why she went into hiding and why she may have thought her Childe the MC would be dead, the Blood being so potent its hard to adapt your system so she didnt expect him to survive the change, and others maybe wanting to drain him if they detected his power.

My guess is once she finds out she will keep an eye on him, if only to make sure she gets to see what mischief he can cause.
With what we know of the MC's Blood so far Sharon might actually be further along than him in becoming bound to him, the stronger your blood the stronger its effect, maybe thats why she is seeming a little jealous of Carmen and Laurie.

Then again in VTM Lore, Lilith bound Caine after he turned her in the Book of Nod, it wasnt complete but she had power over him.

So our lineage is Salubri or some of its branches? Our "cousin" is a Templar/Vampire mage, so that must be the equivalent of Tremere in VTM.Plus MC's disciplines can be from that Clan, Obfuscate (Invisibility), Valeren (Burning touch) and Auspex (Telephaty).
Don't trust that guy :mad:
Also the dick power is near, morning wood magic baby :ROFLMAO:
Possible, but then there is the lack of the third eye in both the MC and his Sire and while the MC hasn't progressed far enough in his power to get the eye, his Sire would have, Im wondering if he uses the term cousin to mean fellow magic capable entity, he did the whole converse with the dead, sure the Giovanni have some similar powers, but there are several sources refering to survivors of the Capodocians, who were hunted by the Giovanni and thought wiped out, They were one of the good guys clan wise in the Dark ages, and made the mistake of siring the ones who became the Giovanni, that Templar could very well be of one of those weird offshoots of the Capodocians, it would explain that ability, or hes a Salubri.

While the MC could be a Salubi, I dont think it fully fits, partially because of his affection for Sharon which a Salubri would be adverse to since she seems similar to a Toreador, Could he and his Sire truely be cousins so to speak of the Salubri, another fork from the origin clan or some similar derivitive, as the Templar could infact be a Salubri Watcher, Healer, which would explain similarities and differences between them.

Well, if we concider the story of this game to be inpired from VTM lore, something is really weird...
Even if MC's sire was VERY Ancient, this doesn't explain why MC can develop so many Disciplines by himself... I mean... even the legendary 3rd generation Antediluvians had their own very specific set of Disciplines. For exemple the Ventrue 3rd generation couldn't do Lasombra's Obtenebration, right?
MC has displayed three actual disciplines from his bloodline, which is normal for any clan, Many groups have developed new Disciplines, some have even developed their own versions of other clans powers, not the same, but similar based only on what they had seen, some ancients learned from other clans or individuals, Diablerie doesnt give you your victims powers, it might give you an idea of what they knew but you'd still have to create your own interpretation.

waiwode

Dec 10, 2019
Wait, Fabian maybe older but i wouldn't say more powerful. Let's say hypothetically speaking, Mom is antediluvian Mc is direct descendant of Mom. Because Fabian called MC cousin Fabian is a descendant of a direct offspring of mom, Not a direct offspring like MC. If that makes sense

We still don't know how old MC Mom is simply because we can only see the vision of Fabian yes he is old but i don't think he is as old as our Mom
There is another option for "cousin" -- and I'm going to highlight two things we know about Fabian. He is/was a Templar* and is a Thaumaturge. If he's rlated to the Sire, then the one-parent chain of vampires probably means she's a Thaumaturge too.

Fabian may not be a close blood relation (the usual modern use of cousin) but may be in the sense of more distant kinsman or clan or faction member. Which is to say the Sire may be a Templar or Thaumaturge, but I suspect the term cousin is used in a larger sense here.

*Whatever that means in Rebirth context. At a guess it isn't the historic Knights of the Temple nor is it Sabbat bodyguards.

Reactions: D Dog and D3xzalias
Dec 28, 2019
Well, if we concider the story of this game to be inpired from VTM lore, something is really weird...
Even if MC's sire was VERY Ancient, this doesn't explain why MC can develop so many Disciplines by himself... I mean... even the legendary 3rd generation Antediluvians had their own very specific set of Disciplines. For exemple the Ventrue 3rd generation couldn't do Lasombra's Obtenebration, right?
In OWoD, characters could buy non clan powers for a higher cost, although some like protean and thaumaturgy required in story justification. The methusaleh (4th & 5th gen vamp) splats were long lists of powers, most of which were non clan powers. In the classic that was Chicago by Night, the 4th gen Brujah Menele for example was a master of thaumaturgy (a non clan power for Brujah) who in an act of vengeance had once used it to cause Mount Vesuvius to erupt and destroy the city of Pompei ruled by his Toreador archrival Helene.

Reactions: D Dog and zh

waiwode

Dec 10, 2019
Not to push away the hard-core WoD modellers, but we have a lot of world building in this episode. I've discussed Fabian briefly, but Sharon's conversation is telling.

First, vampires (presumably of lower generation) discover their disciplines slowly. MC's quick discovery speaks to potent blood (non-formalized age grouping) or high generation (formalized age grouping). (Also, this is not the case in the WoD -- vampires may need some guidance using discpilines in narrative, but once created they have access to them).

Second, there is an accepted lore that doesn't acknowledge outliers. Vampires can't dream because they're dead. MC's powers aren't anything anyone recognizes. Thaumaturges are charlatans (although this may be a bias of Sharon's, Merrick doesn't seem to share it).

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
She turned him because she was likely bored. From the way Fabian talked about her i wouldn't be surprised if she leaked the information about Dan being the prole of a ancient vampiress just to stir some reaction from the other vampires and create more fun for her.:devilish::devilish::devilish:
You don't need to convince me that she act out of boredom. I have supported that idea since day one. But I am not sure about the second part. If she expected him to be dead, as Fabian mentioned, why even care about leaking information?
sorry, my thought process often skips a step or two, what i ment is that mommy dearest probably did lose a few of her children due to either hunters, elders wanting to drain them, their own mistakes, so she's keeping a low profile to keep her reamining kids and associates safe. Her boredom could be simply a post-child loss depression. as of the MC, probably someone was suposed to pick him up as soon as the turning would be complete, but Sharon got there first, and due to past experiences mommy dearest assumed he would be executed for being sireless or his tutor wouldn't keep him alive, which would be the case if Astrid was given that role.
hopefully in the next few updates she'll stride in the groups lair, shouting "Dibs on MC's dick!" obviously in a fancier way...
I also thought about other of mommy children having a sad fate, it was posted in a message yesterday. My thing is, going by the assumption that what Fabian said, she is not aware that MC survived the turning, so you don't protect something that you think is dead. Again, that is under the assumption that what Fabian said is true. Maybe she knows, we'll see.
another thing I liked was Laurie finilly showing her claws with the veiled jab at Sharon being the center of his world... isn't she cute when jealous?
YES! totally love it! please more kitty fight!!!! Mommy, the red dream beauty and Carmen should join too. gonna be awesome!!
So our lineage is Salubri or some of its branches? Our "cousin" is a Templar/Vampire mage, so that must be the equivalent of Tremere in VTM.Plus MC's disciplines can be from that Clan, Obfuscate (Invisibility), Valeren (Burning touch) and Auspex (Telephaty).
Don't trust that guy :mad:
Also the dick power is near, morning wood magic baby :ROFLMAO:
I'm going to keep my assumption she is from a new clan, although the comment Fabian made to MC about keeping his sire's identity to himself or he will be drained suggest otherwise.
Indeed. That is why his development should go slow. Yes, he has very powerful skills, but I am confident Sharon can still kill him on one on one, for example. The new power, however is quite OP, we will see how it is restricted. More likely, it cannot work on stronger/older/more powerful beings, so while it is clearly a stronger mind control than Sharon's for plot reasons it will remain the same.

Anyway, rejoice, my children, for Mommy has returned!!! Well, direct Mommy. Remember that the red dream beauty is called mom on the game pictures.

4.10 star(s) 193 Votes