4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Anyone know any good novels that are like this? Male MC / Vampires / Romance / Modern Day.
read any of the VtM clan novels/clan books/core books/side books/etc. There's literally 25+ years of material to go with.

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
I hope not. I don't want another pet. Relationships like Vampire-thrall are too unequal in power to be anything but master/slave deal. If you want a real relationship with Carmen, she needs to retain her freedom of mind.
Besides, it is more beautiful to corrupt a pure mind.
Devious mind, kudos. :)

I was just spinning some ideas and I was unable to see how Carmen could gain enough trust with the gang to be let loose without enthrallment. They have to tread very carefully in the situation they are and depending on the pure trust in the loose cannon (Carmen) not to mess up their act is completely dubious.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
I like Carmen the most but that's because shes more intriguing to me then Sharon/Laurie and i don't count the other 2 yet because we really haven't met them. We do know that the MC has a huge crush on Carmen and it will be interesting to see what the future looks like for her character. Personally i want the MC to free her and thus in the process making her fall in love with the MC more but i know there are a lot of people here who don't think Carmen can get away with any other fate then being thralled/turned/killed.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Devious mind, kudos. :)

I was just spinning some ideas and I was unable to see how Carmen could gain enough trust with the gang to be let loose without enthrallment. They have to tread very carefully in the situation they are and depending on the pure trust in the loose cannon (Carmen) not to mess up their act is completely dubious.
Well in this update you were given the choice to treat her gentle, right? That was a suggestion that she can probably go either way.

There is also Stockholm syndrome happening in real life, so I would be surprised if a human cannot develop something similar to a vampire treating her nice and lusting after her every second. In fact, it was hinted MC's vamp kiss was quite arousing to her. A few nice words, a few insights into not all vampires are monsters, an increase in the intimacy feeling as MC might be the only ally she has there and bum, you have your own vampire hunter turned fan girl without any enthrallment.

Dec 28, 2019
He asked for romance, not parody.

While I totally agree with you on the whole situation with Carmen, it is worth to remember that now that Mommy made a potential appearance, the power structure is totally flipped. She can probably turn the archon into ashes without giving too much though. So, in the future Carmen could be turned without trouble. We'll see.
I get the feeling mommy is too jaded to care about the power structure. So the Archon would need to seriously annoy her somehow before she'd pop his head off like a pimple. It's certainly possible, but I have yet to see any evidence that she's willing to get involved. So yeah, we'll see.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I get the feeling mommy is too jaded to care about the power structure. So the Archon would need to seriously annoy her somehow before she'd pop his head off like a pimple. It's certainly possible, but I have yet to see any evidence that she's willing to get involved. So yeah, we'll see.
Oh no, Mommy does not care a thing about that, that is totally true. But you need the archon approval if you are weaker than him. Once mommy starts caring about MC, the archon can't touch a dent on him or his toys, aka Carmen.
That is what I meant. In the future, Carmen could be turned without trouble once Mommy asserts her dominance after taking an interest on MC

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
Thats why i think she is part of the sabbat the hidden organization MC doesn't have to be a hound he is just a child of her

Reactions: RanchFTW

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
Well in this update you were given the choice to treat her gentle, right? That was a suggestion that she can probably go either way.

There is also Stockholm syndrome happening in real life, so I would be surprised if a human cannot develop something similar to a vampire treating her nice and lusting after her every second. In fact, it was hinted MC's vamp kiss was quite arousing to her. A few nice words, a few insights into not all vampires are monsters, an increase in the intimacy feeling as MC might be the only ally she has there and bum, you have your own vampire hunter turned fan girl without any enthrallment.
I tried to stay in character, MC is a good guy so, of course, the gentle approach was the only option for me.

Given the circumstances, the Stockholm syndrome did come to mind but... MC is still not the top honcho who can make decisions like that. The decision to let Carmen loose would have to be unanimous and there lies the catch.
Sharon agreeing to this seems most unlikely atm.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I tried to stay in character, MC is a good guy so, of course, the gentle approach was the only option for me.

Given the circumstances, the Stockholm syndrome did come to mind but... MC is still not the top honcho who can make decisions like that. The decision to let Carmen loose would have to be unanimous and there lies the catch.
Sharon agreeing to this seems most unlikely atm.
I understand and agree, my MC is a nice guy so I am treating her and everyone nice.

It is true that Sharon might not allow it, but Sharon need not be present always. In the beginning, MC could just go to see her when Sharon is asleep, letting her out, having some bonding time. He slowly gains his trust. Eventually, he will ask for more freedom for her which will bring more kitty fight between her, Sharon and Laurie..

I mean, it is really just wishful thinking, but let's hope so. I just don't want another pet. Laurie is enough.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
I understand and agree, my MC is a nice guy so I am treating her and everyone nice.

It is true that Sharon might not allow it, but Sharon need not be present always. In the beginning, MC could just go to see her when Sharon is asleep, letting her out, having some bonding time. He slowly gains his trust. Eventually, he will ask for more freedom for her which will bring more kitty fight between her, Sharon and Laurie..

I mean, it is really just wishful thinking, but let's hope so. I just don't want another pet. Laurie is enough.
Laurie would probably have a shit fit if he let Carmen go. :ROFLMAO:

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
why do you think she is part of sabbat, maybe she even manipulate entire Jyhad and pursue other undead life path :)
Simple peace of mind, If she is as old as i really think she is. Living in fear of being hunted your whole undead life doesn't seem that fun. The Sabbat offers her peace of mind and protection of that. Is she the main leader no is she part of it yes

bosp

Jan 3, 2018

And there lies the catch and some of my disappointment with the latest update.

For me, Sharon is the main LI and the best part of this VN so far was the slow burn between MC and Sharon that actually got me hooked.
The author completely shuns this chemistry aside this time - showing Sharon treating MC as a silly kid.
Cmon, I mean, they started thralling each other and showing true love for each other and now this!
Pretty inconsistent and disappointing.

It's clear she considers Carmen as "food" and nothing more atm.
I do sympathize and share your wishful thinking - would like nothing more it comes true at some point.
Guess time will tell.

Reactions: Topper420

Babalon

Dec 19, 2019
Simple peace of mind, If she is as old as i really think she is. Living in fear of being hunted your whole undead life doesn't seem that fun. The Sabbat offers her peace of mind and protection of that. Is she the main leader no is she part of it yes
Sabbat is not a peace of mind for me they are all savages called sword of caine, only to kill ancient vampires and pursue own savage ideas for the peace of mind and MC sire is more noble, she is hidden maybe some vampires dont even know she exist until she appears in the right time. Sometimes i think that she will appear because of Carmen ... next plot twist is Carmen she is a human, if we dont thrall her we are in trouble or if we let her go she knows about vampires beacuse she is a hunter :) idk what is plot twist around Carmen. Turning her is not an option because we dont have approve of Archon.
so carmen is (Thrall, kill, or turn her) no other options, if we turn her there is another one powerful vampire who is noob but also target for Diablerie.
Ancient vampires manipulate entire jyhad they are not part of any organisation and pursue Galaconda.

Last edited:
Reactions: D3xzalias
Dec 28, 2019
I don't see why the Sabbat would give her any more piece of mind than the Camarilla. The Camarilla was designed to prevent diablerie of elders by younger vampires. It favors the old over the young. The Sabbat OTOH celebrates the diablerie of elders. A Sabbat elder needs to keep a very tight reign on power because losing out in an internal power struggle means getting eaten by war packs of "more worthy" youngsters sent by your rivals.

That said, we have no evidence of an antagonistic Sabbat-like organization as yet.

Rituf

May 4, 2017
The plot is going in an interesting direction. I don't care about the few sex scenes when the story is good, and the fact is it's nice to see how mc's relationship with Sharon develops.
MC lineage also intrigued me.

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
And there lies the catch and some of my disappointment with the latest update.

For me, Sharon is the main LI and the best part of this VN so far was the slow burn between MC and Sharon that actually got me hooked.
The author completely shuns this chemistry aside this time - showing Sharon treating MC as a silly kid.
Cmon, I mean, they started thralling each other and showing true love for each other and now this!
Pretty inconsistent and disappointing.

It's clear she considers Carmen as "food" and nothing more atm.
I do sympathize and share your wishful thinking - would like nothing more it comes true at some point.
Guess time will tell.
Well, their relationship aside, from a point of view of being a vampire and vampire issues, which were the topics covered in this update, he is a child. He still barely knows where he is standing and knows pretty much nothing of what to expect. She has no knowledge about what MC is, just that he is developing too fast or is too confused about his situation, to the point he is seeing images in his head.

Besides, I actually love that they may not always agree on things, makes for a more real relationship. And I want even more that they disagree on other women. But I thrive with conflict, so I may not be the one with the standard opinion here.

Last edited:

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
And since MC is developping his powers real fast, he should learn to shut his big mouth or he'll be in trouble soon.
Sharon's reaction to his revelations can seem strange, but MC is something outside of her frame of reference so she treats him like a child, even though he tries to be honest with her. It's a shame she didn't realize how powerful he his when they exchanged blood.
Will our MC start to resent her for her lack of understanding or will he finally get through to her? Either way it's gonna be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
4.10 star(s) 193 Votes