4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

mistwolf_2k

May 18, 2020
This is a simple reminder that an overpowered MC or character usually is bad for the story. As in the end, you need to justify why they simply don't force the outcome they want?

So, MC is potentially very powerful, but it is shown a few times he can be killed. Which is good, as he being invincible would make the game quite boring. A reason why Rebirth is sooo good is that you can see that characters always feel in danger: precautions they take, plans they make, allies and foes they seek and fight..

But if Ptolemy is doing things right, he should not make MC that power so early. As we would run out of emotion very soon.

Thank you so much for this!
Well, at the end of the day fire and sun are a valuable equalizer. We already know that Andrew likes his oversized s`more maker and it can still make the powerful recoil from it.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
This is a simple reminder that an overpowered MC or character usually is bad for the story. As in the end, you need to justify why they simply don't force the outcome they want?

So, MC is potentially very powerful, but it is shown a few times he can be killed. Which is good, as he being invincible would make the game quite boring. A reason why Rebirth is sooo good is that you can see that characters always feel in danger: precautions they take, plans they make, allies and foes they seek and fight..

But if Ptolemy is doing things right, he should not make MC that power so early. As we would run out of emotion very soon.

Thank you so much for this!
MC is very killable, just not by a chump like Marcius. There are powerful pieces moving on the chessboard, we have to see what becomes of our very potent pawn..

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
so Archon just like princeps is just a title... can there be extremely powerful lonely wolfs high generation but 0 social rank kind of assholes around? and i mean dudes like the MC with no title and hidden in plain sight or just out of others vision? are there seers to keep control over vast areas?

i can imagine 4 or 5 of those dudes getting together to overthrow the establishment in a kind of you left me to die now pay the price you scumbags kind of way? just like in Greek mythology Zeus going around fucking everything that moved on 2 legs and quite a few of those that moved on 4 in accordance to myth...

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
MC is very killable, just not by a chump like Marcius. There are powerful pieces moving on the chessboard, we have to see what becomes of our very potent pawn..
Pto knows what he is doing i highly doubt he would make MC OP. And with how rebirth is going i don't even think we have lifted the lid far enough to know whats coming. And even Fabian said there are more elders that want to drink him dry if they found out she made a childe. So there are some powerfull things in the rebirth universe

Reactions: c3p0

Whatevercounts

Sep 27, 2020
I dont know if the developer reads this thread, but anyways:

In the last year, ive one-handedly (heh) scouered this forum for new games beyond the first couple of sites of the "most liked games" page.

"Rebirth" is one of the diamonds in the rough, and ive enjoyed the content so far immensely.
I hope your game fares well, and gets the recognition it deserves.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I dont know if the developer reads this thread, but anyways:

In the last year, ive one-handedly (heh) scouered this forum for new games beyond the first couple of sites of the "most liked games" page.

"Rebirth" is one of the diamonds in the rough, and ive enjoyed the content so far immensely.
I hope your game fares well, and gets the recognition it deserves.
they may or may not read this, I think if they did they would yell at us for invoking the inspirational material so much lol, but I can certainly pass along your good wishes on the Patreon Page.
I have passed on love and wishes for success just now and I agree Ayhsel as I am sure they would be expressing their laughter at our theory mongering

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
they may or may not read this, I think if they did they would yell at us for invoking the inspirational material so much lol, but I can certainly pass along your good wishes on the Patreon Page.
I have a very very strong belief they don't.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Ok, so now that I am thinking on it, I really want a throw down with Marcius and his thugs, then assert myself as the Archon of that Domain which will also rule over Scottstown for the Princeps. This will allow me to take Zephyr to be mine, which is my primary motivation lol. I rank the girls for my vampire power structure harem as follows
Top Tier-Vampires that are bound to me:
Kassandra, Sharon, Zephyr. Calisto will never allow me to do that to her or Cindy so they are off the list, especially since I will be part of Calisto's structure which will be a part of Artemis' structure. Cindy would be a nice coupe though. The Red Head that sits in the court would be ok, but I think my last slot would be filled by Astrid the unliving toilet. Have her flesh craft herself into a toilet which my beautiful thralls use regularly..... ah yes....
Thralls-
Laurie, Mirri, Carmen. They will run my daytime operations.
After I get my extremely vulgar base fucking out of the way, I will regularly have a bottle of a mix of all my ladies so I feel loyalty to them but not bound. (Vaulderie of a sort)
Peace

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
Ok, so now that I am thinking on it, I really want a throw down with Marcius and his thugs, then assert myself as the Archon of that Domain which will also rule over Scottstown for the Princeps. This will allow me to take Zephyr to be mine, which is my primary motivation lol.
Zephyr should join. and the more I think about it, the fight would be the perfect opportunity to show who's MC's sire. episodes 3 could be all about dealing with the fallback of that revelation, the elders evenif they would want to snack on MC would still need an excuse to pass it as punishment, maybe a breach of secrecy or a botched mission.

Calisto will never allow me to do that to her or Cindy so they are off the list, especially since I will be part of Calisto's structure which will be a part of Artemis' structure. Cindy would be a nice coupe though.
Cindy once she finds out who MC is will be like... "heeey do you want to hold hands? Maybe enthrall me?"

• Love
Reactions: Arigon

RustyCooter

Apr 5, 2020
So what is the process of turning someone into a vampire in the rebirth story. As far as I remember it never says anything about the process of doing it. Only how enthrallment works. Haven't seen it mentioned in the threads either. Please excuse my vampire noobness. Although I have learned alot in this thread from the vamp phd folks like Arigon and such.

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
So what is the process of turning someone into a vampire in the rebirth story. As far as I remember it never says anything about the process of doing it. Only how enthrallment works. Haven't seen it mentioned in the threads either. Please excuse my vampire noobness. Although I have learned alot in this thread from the vamp phd folks like Arigon and such.
vampire drains the human and feeds him/her vampire blood. The blood must be fed directly from the vampire, save for special rituals.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
^^^^^
that up there
There is at least one magical method, which involved blood magic by a bunch of human mages who were losing their magi abilities due to the rise of christianity and it's adverse effect on magic and the influence of the "Old Gods" and other things.
It still involved a vampire.... granted a very unhappy vampire... who was destroyed in the process, but it was a great deal. All told the entire Tremere line would not exist if not from that ritual.
Another ritual took one or more vampires and rendered them down into a larva, which grew into a Gargoyle. Gargoyles are specialized vampires which are basically war machines which helped the Tremere survive the ensuing vamp war which their creation and encroachment caused.
Other than the original curse from the sky god of the proto hebrew folk, which cursed the 3rd human to become a vampire, then all the rest were presumably created by the above method. There are some juicy stories which blends vamps with some Fey blood and other things, but for the 99 percent see above.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Raptus Puellae

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Kiyasad (Fey mixed Lasombra bloodline) Baali are part demon part vampire several varieties of undead wraith blended vampires. All are bloodlines created by methods other than strictly embracing the next generation, at least for the founders of those lines. For those who are wondering that is
:D

Reactions: Raptus Puellae

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
Another ritual took one or more vampires and rendered them down into a larva, which grew into a Gargoyle. Gargoyles are specialized vampires which are basically war machines which helped the Tremere survive the ensuing vamp war which their creation and encroachment caused.
fun fact... the MC in Peasant's quest impregnates 3 vampires... the offsprings are born as gargoyles

Reactions: Arigon

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I think ( and am probably alone in this) that Astrid is a shape crafted Tzimisce and is male
I suggested Tzimisce as a potential candidate for her, so I can support that idea. You are indeed alone in Astrid being male, though. It would not only not make people happy, there would be a lot of backlash with very little benefit to the story.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I suggested Tzimisce as a potential candidate for her, so I can support that idea. You are indeed alone in Astrid being male, though. It would not only not make people happy, there would be a lot of backlash with very little benefit to the story.
I keep coming back to the wonderings of Artemis if the MC will be powerful enough to defeat HIM. No way is that Marcius. He is cat food. If Astrid is a 6th gen Tzimisce then it would be a very horrific fight. And if she is a he, but is fully transformed, there shouldn't be blow back, we all need to be woke ya know? LBGT with emphasis on T here would be highly relevant in today's society, would add to the story, since Vampires are not sexual creatures, though they are sensual, and it could add a lot to the story! (and not for nothing, transformation is one of the listings for this story!!!!)
:D

fea876

Nov 24, 2018
She is an antagonist and if you end up fucking her and you end up learning after she's a man. The antagonist part will be reinforced like with Lt Lois Einhorn.

Dec 28, 2019
There is absolutely no in-story evidence to support the hypothesis that Astrid is a man. It's entirely based on wild speculation that Astrid might be a Tzimisce fleshcrafter which would open up the possibility that Astrid could change her gender characteristics if she were. And quite frankly it's not a possibility that interests me at all, so until there is the slightest bit of evidence that supports it I will cheerfully point out that it's just wild speculation built on top of already wild speculation.

Akifai

May 8, 2017
I do think Calisto gets a warform of a Bear.

"Warform," is that something that some clans get? What exactly is it? Well, outside of the obvious in being an actual form to go into battle with. Is it very powerfuf, and comparable to a werewolf?

In the bloodlines game, vampire seems to be scared shitless when it comes to werewolves. If Calisto has a warform, then the MC should have one too right? Is his also a bear? Last question, why a bear? This lore stuff is very interesting.

Reactions: Ayhsel
4.10 star(s) 194 Votes