4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Waitwaitwait, if this is a WOD like world, that means there is a real God and true faith that can resist magic effects? Ars Magica like?
Love the fact we have another Ars Magica fan! We do not think as a rule that this is entirely WoD ripped. That’s why having Greek origin instead of Jewish or Christian is soooo much better

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Artemis is the daughter of Zeus and twin of Apollo. She is the vengeful goddess of the hunt.
I'm well aware of who Artemis is, in Greek mythology.
She is Goddess of the hunt & a symbol of chastity.
Blood vision vamp is not chaste. By any measure.
She is sultry & seductive.
I think that she's better represented by Peitho, if we're picking from Greek mythology.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
If she is Lilith i don't think just 1 or 2 nukes will be enough...they did need more for the last antediluvian who awoke...like neutron bombs, orbital mirrors and a handfull of the oldest and strongest vamps which fought him meanwhile...and if he is really dead is not entirely sure iirc.
And Ravnos was ''just'' a 3rd gen, Lilith was created by god, cursed by him, allied with satan/maybe a demon...and the one who teached Cain all about his powers, so i'd say she is about the same power lvl as Cain...alas everyone is fucked if she has a bad day
Demon/Fallen Angel, True Mage, Vampiress, who taught Caine True Magic as well as all the other stuff, only to be (stupidly) cast aside by Cain. The Dark Mother book from Black Dog publishing has a lot to say.

All that said, while World of Darkness is clearly inspiring this work, it doesn’t seem to be the only source. So no super slurpy 1st Gen munching the world. Just an Antediluvian equivalent lol. And yes. If not for the Technocracy and their Mirrors Ravnos would still be rampaging instead of in hiding licking its wounds.

Reactions: Raziel_8

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I'm well aware of who Artemis is, in Greek mythology.
She is Goddess of the hunt & a symbol of chastity.
Blood vision vamp is not chaste. By any measure.
She is sultry & seductive.
I think that she's better represented by Peitho, if we're picking from Greek mythology.
We didn’t pick Artemis at random. Her High Priestess was Callisto. So we are trying to connect the dots.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Also, the vampire is not a one for one mirror image. More of an ancient source of the legend with which poetic license has been taken

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
We didn’t pick Artemis at random. Her High Priestess was Callisto. So we are trying to connect the dots.
She's nothing like Artemis.
Just because she has Calisto, that's a reach, to put it mildly.
She's seductive, sultry, sensuous. Using her sexuality, oozing it.
None of these things are in any way associated with chastity, which Artemis 100% is.

Artemis didn't care for male attention, at all.
She was granted 10 wishes by her Father. The first, top of her list, was for her to always remain a virgin.
The only one she ever fell in love with, was Orion. Who she killed with her arrow, or was stung by Scorpio, depending which version it is.

Peitho is, by far, the closest Greek Goddess, imo.
"the personification of seduction and persuasion" sounds a lot closer, to me.

Last edited:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Peitho it seems was a goddess of several talents beyond oozing sexuality. Vision Girl does not ooze sexuality, but in fairness the Whisper talent does have some ties to negotiations and influence. Interestingly enough I found this :

Despite her connection to Aphrodite in Athens, Peitho was more commonly associated with Artemis in the , as the two goddesses either shared a temple at or "Peitho" being used as an epithet for Artemis. Peitho’s association with Artemis may have formed due to a shared with importance with adult development and the loss of sexual innocence. At Argos, this temple was also shared with , who was acquitted in trial of a case brought by her father, as she was the only who did not murder her husband on her wedding night as per her father's orders. With this association, Peitho is connected to persuasive speech generally as opposed to just seductive persuasion.

Now with ties to Artemis, I am left with simplification of the situation as Ptolemy (one of the authors) is not known for overly complex storylines.
We could debate this all day, but I doubt that either of us will change our minds. I propose we see where the story takes us. I will continue to follow our established ideals here and by all means please continue with your alternative views. But with a simple search turning up ties to Artemis, sometimes even used interchangeably, I prefer to stay with our Fantasy League team as established so far!
Peace

Reactions: whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Peitho it seems was a goddess of several talents beyond oozing sexuality. Vision Girl does not ooze sexuality, but in fairness the Whisper talent does have some ties to negotiations and influence. Interestingly enough I found this :

Despite her connection to Aphrodite in Athens, Peitho was more commonly associated with Artemis in the , as the two goddesses either shared a temple at or "Peitho" being used as an epithet for Artemis. Peitho’s association with Artemis may have formed due to a shared with importance with adult development and the loss of sexual innocence. At Argos, this temple was also shared with , who was acquitted in trial of a case brought by her father, as she was the only who did not murder her husband on her wedding night as per her father's orders. With this association, Peitho is connected to persuasive speech generally as opposed to just seductive persuasion.

Now with ties to Artemis, I am left with simplification of the situation as Ptolemy (one of the authors) is not known for overly complex storylines.
We could debate this all day, but I doubt that either of us will change our minds. I propose we see where the story takes us. I will continue to follow our established ideals here and by all means please continue with your alternative views. But with a simple search turning up ties to Artemis, sometimes even used interchangeably, I prefer to stay with our Fantasy League team as established so far!
Peace
lol you're welcome to ignore whichever established aspects of her character you choose.
Just can't really call her Artemis, in which case. lol
She's not the goddess of the hunt & she's not a symbol of chastity - quite the opposite. But, she must be Artemis, cos Calisto.
If she had nothing to do with Love, but simply had a cohort named Peitho, you wouldn't suggest her to be Aphrodite.
That's like saying my name's Michael and my sister's Janet, so we must be The Jacksons.
Artemis is well documented as a symbol of chastity. She was granted lifelong virginity.
To suggest that a character displaying prominent sexuality is chaste is not a matter of opinion, it's plain wrong.

Yes, Peitho had more talents. I said as much. She was literally the physical "personification of seduction and persuasion".

Last edited:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
The idea is not so much that Artemis must display all the ideological traits of the goddess in it’s entirety. More that she could have inspired stories. Vampires are predators and I’m sure our girl is exactly that. Her blatantly sexual displays I am assuming are her naked appearance surrounded by blood? She has blood dripping down from her mouth as well. I think our image of her is fine for the moment and I’m sure that at some point in the story this will be cleared up. So far our MC is displaying Apex predator traits and if he descends from her, then she must be truly impressive.

we have a friendly forum here. Not everyone agrees with everyone else, but we are not antagonistic of one another. I would invite you to take part in our friendly debates without being dismissive, antagonist, or disrespectful. There are plenty of threads where that goes on. Not here.
Peace

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
The idea is not so much that Artemis must display all the ideological traits of the goddess in it’s entirety. More that she could have inspired stories. Vampires are predators and I’m sure our girl is exactly that. Her blatantly sexual displays I am assuming are her naked appearance surrounded by blood? She has blood dripping down from her mouth as well. I think our image of her is fine for the moment and I’m sure that at some point in the story this will be cleared up. So far our MC is displaying Apex predator traits and if he descends from her, then she must be truly impressive.

we have a friendly forum here. Not everyone agrees with everyone else, but we are not antagonistic of one another. I would invite you to take part in our friendly debates without being dismissive, antagonist, or disrespectful. There are plenty of threads where that goes on. Not here.
Peace
There is only one loose link. That she and Artemis happen to share a cohort with the same name. That's it.
That's a massive stretch to make her Artemis, on this alone.
That's why I said it was a reach. Because it is.
She has not one single resemblance to Artemis' well documented character.

If you believe that she does, please, feel free to let me know what they are.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Feel free to scroll back 100 or so pages and read all the theory crafting. It is not my responsibility to try to win you over and I am sure you have great ideas to share. Dismissive ness and antagonistic posting is not a characteristic of our thread and it should stay that way

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Feel free to scroll back 100 or so pages and read all the theory crafting. It is not my responsibility to try to win you over and I am sure you have great ideas to share. Dismissive ness and antagonistic posting is not a characteristic of our thread and it should stay that way
I have said absolutely nothing antagnostic and the only thing I've dismissed is that which doesn't stand to reason.
I have not dismissed anyone's view, I have simply dismissed a suggestion that has no merit.
Don't go passive aggressive like that, if you think I'm being one of those things, tell me where you view that I was & ask me directly not to be.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Your demeanor and attacking the theory with attached passive aggressive lols are a strong indicator. Let’s take this to private messages rather than clutter up a great thread.

unrelated plug y’all. Subverse. Do it. Buy it. I realize it’s off topic but it’s funny as shit

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Your demeanor and attacking the theory with attached passive aggressive lols are a strong indicator. Let’s take this to private messages rather than clutter up a great thread.

unrelated plug y’all. Subverse. Do it. Buy it. I realize it’s off topic but it’s funny as shit
How the hell is a lol passive aggressive? Fucking hell....
I have used "lol" once, in the whole conversation. So that's an outright lie.
"Just can't really call her Artemis, in which case. lol"
That's a genuine "I find that funny", because I do.
You, quite obviously, cannot remove all of the characters defining attributes and continue to call it the same character. That's funny.

Last edited:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Like I kindly requested. If we are going to argue let’s do that privately. These folks on here have maintained respectful tones even when disagreeing. We have fun here. No need to clutter it up.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Like I kindly requested. If we are going to argue let’s do that privately. These folks on here have maintained respectful tones even when disagreeing. We have fun here. No need to clutter it up.
Then don't make baseless accusations against people, attacking me on a personal level just because I don't agree with you and present facts to support my opinion.
It is a fact that Artemis is a symbol of chastity.
It is a fact that she wished for & was granted lifelong virginity.
It is a fact that Vision girl is not chaste.
If she is not chaste, then she cannot be Artemis, by definition.

Last edited:

Babalon

Dec 19, 2019
theory is crafted only beacuse Calisto mention greek gods hahaha :) but calisto controll even church and templars.. and she give up even church today controlled by Lasombra :D so Calisto how she mention can have even another name but she spit some name to MC for good fate :p

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Then don't make baseless accusations against people, attacking me on a personal level just because I don't agree with you and present facts to support my opinion.
It is a fact that Artemis is a symbol of chastity.
It is a fact that she wished for & was granted lifelong virginity.
It is a fact that Vision girl is not chaste.
If she is not chaste, then she cannot be Artemis, by definition.
You are taking things completely literally.
Artemis is the twin of Apollo and is a vengeful huntress
She is chaste by the mythology, however, she had attempts at rape which she repaid with death, often with Apollo's help
I see no proof that Vision Girl is not chaste. She reminds the MC that Sharon is not her true Mommy.
Vampires that are the inspiration for myth are just that, inspiration. We are not playing Scion here. We are not trying to make her out to be true divinity. My assertions were not unfounded. Look at how you wrote your posts. I am fine with disagreement. Totally. I like pleasant debates and I enjoy other points of view. Even your suggested demigoddess is associated with Artemis as often as she is with Aphrodite. For the record, I did not come up with the idea of Artemis, however I do strongly support it. Also as I said, you might profit from scrolling back and reading our amusing and fanciful theory crafting. Some of it is very good.
If I have offended you, I apologize, but if you want to continue a back and forth like this, let's please take it to DM.
thanks

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
You are taking things completely literally.
Artemis is the twin of Apollo and is a vengeful huntress
She is chaste by the mythology, however, she had attempts at rape which she repaid with death, often with Apollo's help
I see no proof that Vision Girl is not chaste. She reminds the MC that Sharon is not her true Mommy.
Vampires that are the inspiration for myth are just that, inspiration. We are not playing Scion here. We are not trying to make her out to be true divinity. My assertions were not unfounded. Look at how you wrote your posts. I am fine with disagreement. Totally. I like pleasant debates and I enjoy other points of view. Even your suggested demigoddess is associated with Artemis as often as she is with Aphrodite. For the record, I did not come up with the idea of Artemis, however I do strongly support it. Also as I said, you might profit from scrolling back and reading our amusing and fanciful theory crafting. Some of it is very good.
If I have offended you, I apologize, but if you want to continue a back and forth like this, let's please take it to DM.
thanks
You see no proof that a female appearing to us in next to nothing, rolling around seductively, is not chaste.
OK.
Maybe we have different interpretations of the word.
Her blatantly sexual displays I am assuming are her naked appearance surrounded by blood?
This is proof. Being chaste is not just about not having physical sex, it's also about not being sexual in nature or intent.

Last edited:

Babalon

Dec 19, 2019
Artemis is Theory nothing more and entire fan community here dont know about what temple and ancient pagan gods we speak here :D theory is crafed only she mention boredom of greek gods :)

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 193 Votes