4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
The mod for the first episode is missing, it was changed into a file named "stream". Thanks for your work.
that's cause cloudflare and f95 having too much traffic for cloudflares liking so until things are solved no file hosted at f95 will be downloadable that well. you can get zoey's mod on his/her patreon page too.

Reactions: Dom_D

Dom_D

Feb 20, 2021
dev knows but won't reveal cards yet.
I don't think it's that bad or good anyway, there was no punishment on the MC, only a little show. It's probably more important what will happen in the next episode while they will be talking about the visions.

Sharon got it worse, about that "mommy" is right though. Sharon is really stupid if she thinks real power at the roots is anything but the Sword (power of life and death), and that pieces of paper really mean anything without power backing them, reciprocity, or at least SOME indirect consequences for disregarding them. If the court was in front of witnesses, especially other elders, very few would dare do anything against those rules ofc.

Sharon is way too focused on just the face value of that stuff, and she enjoys what superficially she considers as "power" too much for her own good (and too much for MC's good).

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Sharon is way too focused on just the face value of that stuff, and she enjoys what superficially she considers as "power" too much for her own good (and too much for MC's good).
she has power but she thinks she has more than she actually has so either mc replaces her (with help of mommy or w/o help) or he becomes her "enforcer".

Reactions: Arigon

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Resisting Calisto....
Shows spunk.
Shows stupidity.
Shows Sharon you are not a member of Calisto's club yet.
Shows Calisto that Sharon has rubbed off poorly on you, especially since she doesn't know how to treat a proper Elder.

All in all it is dependent on love interest choices. Sharon and Calisto are.... unlikely to be best buddies.
Otherwise I think what matters more is do you preserve your thrall and your pet hunter?
Peace!

Reactions: imzahai

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Resisting Calisto....
Shows spunk.
Shows stupidity.
Shows Sharon you are not a member of Calisto's club yet.
Shows Calisto that Sharon has rubbed off poorly on you, especially since she doesn't know how to treat a proper Elder.

All in all it is dependent on love interest choices. Sharon and Calisto are.... unlikely to be best buddies.
Otherwise I think what matters more is do you preserve your thrall and your pet hunter?
Peace!
With how much VtM larp I've played in, my paranoia's got the better of me and it always leads to making sure to always make the more powerful and influential vampire happy, because the weaker vampire will end up staked and left out for the sun. Worse is that with how this dev makes games, I'm afraid of what will happen since the previous game, your choice could lead to a bad ending even when the previous game wasn't even half way through. So to me, I feel that this game will have consequences for our past actions.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Arigon

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
With how much VtM larp I've played in, my paranoia's got the better of me and it always leads to making sure to always make the more powerful and influential vampire happy, because the weaker vampire will end up staked and left out for the sun. Worse is that with how this dev makes games, I'm afraid of what will happen since the previous game, your choice could lead to a bad ending even when the previous game wasn't even half way through. So to me, I feel that this game will have consequences for our past actions.
There most certainly are consequences for actions taken or not taken.
Your VtM experience will serve you well. While it is not a direct childe (lol) of that work, it certainly is extremely influenced by it.
Calisto is just better to have on your side. If my own theory, which has not been shot down by the guys, is true, then we will hopefully grow in her esteem greatly here shortly. Maybe in power as well, as Virgil/Arca needs the Amaranth badly.
I am pretty confident that our consequences will start to be felt pretty soon also. Well, January soon.
Stick to your instincts, and you shall go far!
Peace

Reactions: jish55

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
There most certainly are consequences for actions taken or not taken.
Your VtM experience will serve you well. While it is not a direct childe (lol) of that work, it certainly is extremely influenced by it.
Calisto is just better to have on your side. If my own theory, which has not been shot down by the guys, is true, then we will hopefully grow in her esteem greatly here shortly. Maybe in power as well, as Virgil/Arca needs the Amaranth badly.
I am pretty confident that our consequences will start to be felt pretty soon also. Well, January soon.
Stick to your instincts, and you shall go far!
Peace
Yep, like for me, I'm worried pissing off Calisto is gonna lead to legit character deaths, and as I brought up, LikesBlonde's last game was riddled with game ending decisions throughout, where the wrong choice led to an instant game over even halfway through. So to me, I view that as a sign that no character is safe in this.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-
Dec 17, 2020
My theory on Callisto or Resist Callisto aka ResCal points : as per my game theory, "A vamp child is almost like a pet or slave to their creator Vamp, in our MC's case Vamp mommy Callisto. Only a stronger will power can resist mind control (eye thingy) from another stronger Vamp. Resisting Callisto adds a point to will power (trying to become an equal not accepting to be a pet or pawn for older Vamps as always)

1638634008449.png

1638634131560.png

Reactions: GayLord Jesus

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
My theory on Callisto or Resist Callisto aka ResCal points : as per my game theory, "A vamp child is almost like a pet or slave to their creator Vamp, in our MC's case Vamp mommy Callisto. Only a stronger will power can resist mind control (eye thingy) from another stronger Vamp. Resisting Callisto adds a point to will power (trying to become an equal not accepting to be a pet or pawn for older Vamps as always)

View attachment 1530072

View attachment 1530077
Well, there's literally no willpower increase in the code right now when you initially refuse, only the rescal stat. If it's supposed to include an increase to willpower, why isn't that being increased instead? I suppose, since there are stealth, charisma, and willpower stats for the MC right now, it's possible sometime later the code will have something like
Python:
if rescal == 1
    willpower += 1
but since that's just conjecture, I still have my doubts. Why not call the stat willpower in the first place, since other attributes have very straightforward names?

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
...but since that's just conjecture, I still have my doubts. Why not call the stat willpower in the first place, since other attributes have very straightforward names?
Perhaps, so that the mod maker doesn't know the impact at the time we're forced to choose? Clearly if we knew the consequences of that choice it would influence our pick.

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
as per my game theory, "A vamp child is almost like a pet or slave to their creator Vamp, in our MC's case Vamp mommy Callisto
Yes in most vampire stories you are correct that a child is basically a servant/slave.
But with Calisto i highly doubt that. Otherwise she would have kept us in temple and wouldn't have let us out of her sight

I see her more of raising a prodigy with proper etiquette. Calisto is basically royalty around those part
You could clearly see in that with Sharon when she refused to kiss Calisto's hand. She got a tick on the fingers. sort of speaking
If she really would rule by iron fist Sharon wouldn't be punished this lightly

• Red Heart
Reactions: DA22 and Arigon

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Ep2 doesn't give the option to save !So how this work should I put this file in the 1 one and ep2 >?
Memory is a bit since this was an issue that happened long time ago, but for my issue back then, wurg gave a solution in his reply here below:

OK, thank you for getting back to me, I made the save transfer and that never came up when I tested it. They didn't define the variable correctly in the game and I missed it, it won't affect anything in the next part though if you skipped it, I posted a hotfix for it just above you a second ago if you want to make another save though.

Thanks for getting back to me.
Not sure your issue is same as my issue though.

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
Ep2 doesn't give the option to save !So how this work should I put this file in the 1 one and ep2 >?
Download episode 2 from here its from Likesblondes patreon it's a fixed episode 2 so it won't give the save error
Import your save from the episode you have now in to the newly downloaded and keep playing to end when it ask you to make a save

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
If EP 2 isn't giving you the option to save, more than likely you don't have the final version of it.

It should be called Ep2ver1 and inside the game folder there should up to ep2part9.rpy, that is the last part of EP2.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Perhaps, so that the mod maker doesn't know the impact at the time we're forced to choose? Clearly if we knew the consequences of that choice it would influence our pick.
Creators could literally do this for all of their variables, then. Singling out an individual variable just to hide one particular outcome seems improbable at best. I highly doubt it was named differently so mods wouldn't be able to figure anything out. That's a considerable stretch in logic, given that no other variables are obfuscated in this manner.

Reactions: c3p0 and Arigon

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
but since that's just conjecture, I still have my doubts. Why not call the stat willpower in the first place, since other attributes have very straightforward names?
because nerds overthink shit and ruin the experience the game developers are trying to create and in the process spoil the story for everyone else so they are forced to use smoke and mirros tactics ro keep the surprise going? which in this case does make sense with the overall game theme and topic...

or what uncle fredo said!

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
because nerds overthink shit and ruin the experience the game developers are trying to create and in the process spoil the story for everyone else so they are forced to use smoke and mirros tactics ro keep the surprise going? which in this case does make sense with the overall game theme and topic...

Now you know... I never agree with Uncle Fredo.. like never.... so I am gonna have to facepalm you for the first time my friend
Peace!

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017

For the code and simplicity of it that goes against the schoolbock.
Could it be? Yes, sure, like 90% of the rest of possible things. Yet, the only positive effect is that you make it difficult for modding.
If so, then why are there variables who are counted like Sharonsavelaurie? And why are they named like that instead of var163?

Last edited:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
There are some choices that will affect things dramatically. We are soon going to see some that go back to the first chapter even. However, I think that we come up with enough theories without looking at what a variable should be named. I see them all, all the time. I have my chart. I have my theoretical bet placed on what goes down. I am not worried about anything... yet.
Peace

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes