VN Ren'Py Reclaiming the Lost [v0.8] [Passion Portal]

4.00 star(s) 43 Votes

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Nice renders and gotta say the writing is much better then the vast majority I've run across. Do your 3 hours a day after work.. I can wait. Good luck!

Reactions: tckntckn

brankom

Mar 3, 2022
Got to say that this is by far the most retarded choice cock-blocker VN I've seen. Like IDontgetWOmen above commented, what's missing? there's no explanation on how the player choices matter, for instance, to be able to talk rude to Bob, MC's friend you had to said before that his wife is sexy, I mean come on, really? I tried other options to see how to let Olivia stay and no clue, other one is when talking about the interview to the girl you meet at the café telling her to use her beauty doesn't unlock the option later to talk about it, feels more like trying to guess what the dev thinks you should do than been the player choices by locking content by an arbitrary system, I would never tell someone I just met to use her beauty in a interview, that's just stupid, to bad really, the renders look great but guessing is not my idea of fun, good luck.

Passion_Portal

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2023
Got to say that this is by far the most retarded choice cock-blocker VN I've seen. Like IDontgetWOmen above commented, what's missing? there's no explanation on how the player choices matter, for instance, to be able to talk rude to Bob, MC's friend you had to said before that his wife is sexy, I mean come on, really? I tried other options to see how to let Olivia stay and no clue, other one is when talking about the interview to the girl you meet at the café telling her to use her beauty doesn't unlock the option later to talk about it, feels more like trying to guess what the dev thinks you should do than been the player choices by locking content by an arbitrary system, I would never tell someone I just met to use her beauty in a interview, that's just stupid, to bad really, the renders look great but guessing is not my idea of fun, good luck.
You need only 4 lust points to get it. And no need to be a creep to get them.
You can get them by
"Wait and listen" in Chloe bedroom.
"Say her she looks sexy" while video call
"Try to peek" in hotel room
"Don't look away"

Reactions: jasonvorhees

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Damn, this VN is really fucking good. Except the incest patch situation with Grace and Chloe, which will be addressed in the next update according to the dev, the writing was absolutely superb. So much sexual tension and potential for spicy developments, with characters behaving realistically like actual human beings. Great dialogues and narration. The cinematography and visual dynamics are a cherry on top. Amazing work.

I can understand the complaints of many players, because I assume a lot of people will naturally gravitate towards the standard nice guy approach during choices. There is a rather large disparity in sexual content so far between the love+friendship and lust+submission playthrough. It's not rocket science though. Be agreeable and a standard nice guy to get the love and friendship points. Be kind of a hardass and a pervert (but try to avoid too much rapey vibes or they back off lol) to pick up lust and submission points.

I know there are a lot of games that reward the "simp" playstyle more than the "bad guy" route, but that's not a rule. Realistically, a "good guy" MC would take it slow and develop romantic feelings naturally, while a lustful and dominant MC might push the boundaries more for earlier content. And in the case of Olivia, if you play the MC as a good guy, why do you think he would take advantage of this young girl who is confused and obviously lashing out at her dad? Letting her stay would go against the type of MC you were playing in the first place.

Just be patient if you are a romance player. Right now, it's true that most of the "extra" bits and pieces of dialogue and sexual tension seems to come from lust and submission points. I'm sure in the future, there will be romance progression that will be exclusive to the love and friendship stats.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I agree I really like when games give us the option for the mc to be nice and treat girls with respect.

I like the writing in this so far, I think it's really good.
The dev has created a great game imo

Deleted member 5988643

Apr 10, 2023
I agree I really like when games give us the option for the mc to be nice and treat girls with respect.

I like the writing in this so far, I think it's really good.
The dev has created a great game imo
Just wondering, the last version, we could harras his 'daughter', this time, I didn't see that option. But in still found the harrassing images in the images/archive.

Edit: Did he chance it? Because why else couldn't we use the old save files anymore ?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Joshy92

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Just wondering, the last version, we could harras his 'daughter', this time, I didn't see that option. But in still found the harrassing images in the images/archive
I don't know if it's still in the game or not.
before today it had been a while since I played
I just know I would never choose that option if it was there lol.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Just wondering, the last version, we could harras his 'daughter', this time, I didn't see that option. But in still found the harrassing images in the images/archive
If you have high submission points and told her to "use her beauty," basically playing a bit of a chauvinistic creep, the MC will tell her to come closer when they are both pretty drunk at the bar. Then he feels her up a little bit and she lets him. But if he takes things further, she will get up and leave. If he stops while he's ahead, they move to the hotel room where he helps her take off her heels and kinda feels her up. Then they have a sexually charged moment before she comes to her senses and cuts it off there.

Passion_Portal

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2023
I don't know if it's still in the game or not.
before today it had been a while since I played
I just know I would never choose that option if it was there lol.
Just wondering, the last version, we could harras his 'daughter', this time, I didn't see that option. But in still found the harrassing images in the images/archive.

Edit: Did he chance it? Because why else couldn't we use the old save files anymore ?
It will be possible if you go lust and submission route

Reactions: Joshy92

Scooter_Tramp

Dec 23, 2022
Where did the MC watching sis's stream & sending her big bucks for a date go? I had to start again and it is missing, now sis is doing a photo shoot with Anne talking about the date she was supposed to be going on with MC. Is she now going with some other mutt???

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Where did the MC watching sis's stream & sending her big bucks for a date go? I had to start again and it is missing, now sis is doing a photo shoot with Anne talking about the date she was supposed to be going on with MC. Is she now going with some other mutt???
No, the dev has said it's a bug

Passion_Portal

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2023
No, it is game bug. I will fix that later.
For example when you chose not to watch her and not to call her in hotel room, scene with Chloe ends after without talking about the date

IsraelSL00

Dec 29, 2021
Made a small Mod with choice recommendations ("walkthrough"), some more game settings and changed the small menu fonts a bit

July 11, 2023
New game version v0.4 is out.
It's also quite reworked in the old parts (not save compatible),
my old WT recommedations will most likely not work anymore.
I'll check it again when having some free time.

Info: removed the now outdated v0.3 Mod/port download links so far
MOD?

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
This is the story of a man surprised by a letter from his past. Long gone from his thoughts, an old flame writes him a shocking revelation: years ago when they were young and in love, she was pregnant with his child. The daughter was put up for adoption.
Determined to right the wrongs of his youth and make amends, a man sets out on a journey to find his lost daughter.
It's a quest that takes him to the memories of his past as he tries to uncover the truth about what happened all those years ago.

get out of head damn you .. how do you about this : i'm calling the fbi :unsure:

jk jk sound like a great game :love:

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
i can understand the "tell her lesson on how to use beauty" choice is blocked because if it's never brought up then how can you pick up a conversation you never had.

but as for the "let her stay option" it's too restricted. Dev says you need lust points and can get them without being a creep yet you need to click the "Try to peek " option to grab a point. the choice itself is a creep option and it doesnt change just cause she locked the door. though i dont have a problem with creep content it simply wasnt the choice i made and therefore lost out.

i dont mind needing to make choices to unlock content in the future or to help decide how you treat a character.

but having to gather points to unlock a scene sucks. what if you were pursuing a girl and cant do jack simply because you dont have enough points? it makes the game play more restrictive.

Basically.
points to decide a route? sure.

points to unlock a choice? :sick:

the writing is good and least but the gameplay isn't my cup of tea. i'll admit i ended up closing the game after that. i just didnt want to go through the hassle. so maybe i didn't miss anything anyways.

GUPTAJI

Dec 15, 2018
How do we get the boob scene shown in the Screenshots I tried all dialogues but couldn't get the beauty dialogue in the car and let the girl stay in the hotel, any suggestions?
But good and smooth renders, hoping it goes far

4.00 star(s) 43 Votes