VN Ren'Py Reclaiming the Lost [v0.8] [Passion Portal]

4.00 star(s) 43 Votes

Passion_Portal

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2023
The game clearly has potential, but the lack of content for a V4, is pretty noticeable.

However, regarding the points, it does not make sense as far as the lewd scene in the hotel goes.
WHY would the Secretary Lust, be used for a character totally unrelated to her?

At first, I missed the scene, since the choice was greyed out, and I did not understand why.
I believe, at the very least, the MC should get some points as well from all his choices, and scenes unrelated to other characters, should be based on those.

For example, the MC could then gain points from saying his friend's wife was sexy, and looking at the stream girl, while also racking them with the secretary, that, would make sense.

But as it is now, it is a situation where the choices you made previously, will affect scenes that have nothing to do with them. If the Mc gained points that way, then sure, it'd make sense.

And to clarify, should the dev keep it that weird way, are those choices ONLY based on the secretary's points, or do we have to total ALL the lust points from all characters that can get some?
The main character has his own statistics, which are not displayed in the game. And depending on the answers, he also scores friendship points or Lust points

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
The main character has his own statistics, which are not displayed in the game. And depending on the answers, he also scores friendship points or Lust points
Ok, then it's fine.
Since he was not shown in there, it felt really ... bizarre.
You may want to add the MC in there as well, so we know where we stand on points though?

Also, if there aren't more point windows/characters, you may want to have them displayed all at once, instead of having to click each characters? That's only a QOL thing, but I find it a lot more usable and visually better, to have all the characters' stats visible in a single click. Just my opinion on this of course :)

Passion_Portal

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2023
Ok, then it's fine.
Since he was not shown in there, it felt really ... bizarre.
You may want to add the MC in there as well, so we know where we stand on points though?

Also, if there aren't more point windows/characters, you may want to have them displayed all at once, instead of having to click each characters? That's only a QOL thing, but I find it a lot more usable and visually better, to have all the characters' stats visible in a single click. Just my opinion on this of course :)
I think yes, It is possible to add the MC stats as well.

I didn't want to do just statistics, I wanted to make it a little more interesting by making it more like a character thoughts. In general, I will still change this menu visually and in terms of mechanics. But maybe I'll add a window to get only statistics faster or something like that.

Reactions: RYOUSC

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Don"t get me wrong, it's working fine as it is, I just think it'd look better with a different way to see the stats is all, functionally, it's fine :)

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
And lost at birth is inspired by Our fate what's up with it?
Thank you for that, I forgot about that game.

I'm replaying it now, and I can see why you made that comment indeed, the story is extremely close indeed.
I guess that the options are limited though for getting started on a "dad with a daughter he does not know about" :D

MickeyMantle

Jun 28, 2023

I'm replaying it now, and I can see why you made that comment indeed, the story is extremely close indeed.
I guess that the options are limited though for getting started on a "dad with a daughter he does not know about" :D
I didn't even know that one existed as I don't bother with abandoned AVNs. Even if it was good it would just piss me off knowing it was never going to be finished, especially if the last update was a cliffhanger.

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Not a fan of having options locked out because of previous choices, i'm always in favor of leaving it open and perhaps the girl rejecting you because she doesn't feel that way.

The "assistant" path seems fairly complex now, if i'm too nice with her she friendzones me? Doesn't feel good to be honest...

Reactions: Yngling

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
I didn't even know that one existed as I don't bother with abandoned AVNs. Even if it was good it would just piss me off knowing it was never going to be finished, especially if the last update was a cliffhanger.
True enough, but that is the fate of the vast majorities of AVNs I'm afraid :)

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021

I also said it because it is true that lost at birth was inspired by our fate. in fact the dev of lost at birth initially wanted to make a remake of the abandoned our fate but the dev of that game came out of his cave and forbade him to make a remake. weird stuff...

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
I also said it because it is true that lost at birth was inspired by our fate. in fact the dev of lost at birth initially wanted to make a remake of the abandoned our fate but the dev of that game came out of his cave and forbade him to make a remake. weird stuff...
Well, that's a different beast altogether, but as long as neither the text or renders are reused, he could have done it just fine. But anyway, we're digressing :)

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
Not a fan of having options locked out because of previous choices, i'm always in favor of leaving it open and perhaps the girl rejecting you because she doesn't feel that way.

The "assistant" path seems fairly complex now, if i'm too nice with her she friendzones me? Doesn't feel good to be honest...
I mean it kinda gives value to your other choices otherwise it would be a kinetic novel

Nov 1, 2018
Definlty need the Stat!
I made 4 playtrhough to try to get hotel stranger scene but nothing!
Ingame WT is mandatory :D

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
I mean it kinda gives value to your other choices otherwise it would be a kinetic novel
To me it makes more sense to still have the option, but picking it doesn't give the right result because the girl doesn't like you.
Locking choices just means that you can't change your path because of a choice you made in the first 5 minutes of the game.

And the assistant path seems kinda weird right now.

Passion_Portal

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2023

Locked for sharp turns. I think it would be strange if a character says that he is all closed off and doesn't like to stir up the past, and then a minute later tells about how he fell in love with his teacher. Or he is all decent and keeps himself under control, and then suddenly starts undressing the first girl he meets.

Passion_Portal

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2023
Definlty need the Stat!
I made 4 playtrhough to try to get hotel stranger scene but nothing!
Ingame WT is mandatory :D
You need only 4 MC lust points and it is easy to get. :D
"Wait and listen" in Chloe bedroom.
"Say her she looks sexy" while video call
"Try to peek" in hotel room
"Don't look away"

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Still playing through it, but I like the potential routes... like Bob betrayal and lust/submission possibilities.

But man... faux incest really annoys me. What exactly are Grace and Chloe if not his family? Even the variable names seems to indicate they are mom and sis.

But the game has no incest patch from the dev. If the dev expects third parties to make the patch, the script should at least be a bit accommodating to make their life easier. As it is now, it will probably require rewriting relevant dialogues line by line.

I'm not even one of those that are dead set on incest. I just want the stories to make sense. And sloppy incest patches that miss a bunch of hard coded references to "Grace" or leading to some other inconsistencies are not ideal either.

My best head-canon is that MC's parents died while he was young and Grace took him in and was basically the mother figure. But that's entirely made up in my mind, and the game will probably continue to ignore the elephant in the room.

4.00 star(s) 43 Votes