VN Ren'Py Reclaiming the Lost [v0.8] [Passion Portal]

4.00 star(s) 43 Votes

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Well, MC sure is a horn dog. It's not so bad that it's a disturbance, but a grown man should be a bit more selective when and to whom his eyes wander.

In addition, the "one choice which is really no choice" "options" seem to have picked up from the first version.
Don't do that. Nobody likes that, at least it's a minor annoyance, at the worst it completely breaks up the flow of the story.
If you want the MC to say something, let him say it, if you feel the need to make us push an icon, make it meaningful.
Otherwise, what do you plan to achieve? To make players prove to you, they can manage to press a single icon on a screen with the mouse or something?

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Well, MC sure is a horn dog. It's not so bad that it's a disturbance, but a grown man should be a bit more selective when and to whom his eyes wander.

In addition, the "one choice which is really no choice" "options" seem to have picked up from the first version.
Don't do that. Nobody likes that, at least it's a minor annoyance, at the worst it completely breaks up the flow of the story.
If you want the MC to say something, let him say it, if you feel the need to make us push an icon, make it meaningful.
Otherwise, what do you plan to achieve? To make players prove to you, they can manage to press a single icon on a screen with the mouse or something?
Yeah, when there is only one choice available all it really does is remind me that I haven't dropped a save in a while. Otherwise, they are pretty worthless. It is basically the same as just tapping the space bar. It is probably better to program in two choices even if they lead to the same outcome. I don't remember what game it was, but one played recently has the choice of "yes," "fuck yes," or "No. I mean yes." at least that was funny.

bloodr@ven

Aug 24, 2018
What is Chloe and Grace relation to the MC? They introduction is kinda vague but they seem to be related to the MC. Is there a i-patch I missed out?

Capt. Fubar

Sep 8, 2022
Hello, long lost daughter idea is... id... ide... is.......... huba... (brain ceases functioning properly)

Passion_Portal

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2023

Thank you for your feedback.
A few pages back, I mentioned that I made a mistake when I decided to use variables in the code instead of points. This results in fewer choices, but these choices are significant. I have already realized this mistake and understand that it restricts the player, offering them limited choices.

I'm aware that there are visual novels like this, but it doesn't quite fit the genre that I'm working on.

For the next release, I plan to rework the game code using points and additional variables for key objectives.
This way, there will be more choices specifically in dialogues, which will affect relationship points, and rare variables that influence the plot.

Fjord22

Dec 16, 2017
I like the start of this but damn, ending the current release right in the middle of a sex scene was ice cold.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
Models are good, especially the beautiful main girl. She is also very smart and endearing. I love her.

MC is less perfect: he prefers drinking to exercising (even with a cute girl), and gets too handsy when he had to step back. Also quick to get mad instead of start thinking. And for some reason he doesn't stop the car when the girl would want that... Well in general he's not quite bad, but I would like him to become better in the near future.

The story is quite captivating and promising. (The two side girls don't seem to add much but perhaps they will later).

Writing is generally good, though a few times a bit fancier than necessary. And some descriptions should be deleted; show pictures instead! A few descriptions do not correspond with pictures, e.g. she plops on bed in that posh hotel, but in the picture she stands in the middle of large space, with no bed in sight.

Other inconsistencies:

1. Black eyebrows of the main girl. C'mon, she is blonde. Eyebrows can be a bit darker, but not that much.
2. Childhood friend is "he" but when MC comes there it's Grace and Chloe, no men.
3. "Six hours drive" starts in the morning and goes on for almost 2 days.

Sex there is not interesting for me because the only scene is with a girl that has a large nose, not cute in my book.

So:

★★★★★ Story
★★★★⯪ Writing
★★★★★ Characters
★★★★⯪ Models
★★★★★ Renders
★★★☆☆ Sexiness

Total 4.5 stars for [v0.3-fix].

Reactions: Yngling

Deleted member 5988643

Apr 10, 2023
Thanks for your effort, but the game already has the incest tag.

Honestly, I prefer to let the dev reveal the incest (whoever it might be) to making your assistant into your daughter by means of a patch.
Ever played the game? That patch doesn't make his assistant into his daughter, she probably already is.

The patch, makes grace (older lady) his mom, and Chloe his sister, by just replacing a few lines of dialog text. At the moment grace and chloe are his friends.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Ever played the game? That patch doesn't make his assistant into his daughter, she probably already is.

The patch, makes grace (older lady) his mom, and Chloe his sister, by just replacing a few lines of dialog text. At the moment grace and chloe are his friends.
I thought they already were mom and sister without the patch... :ROFLMAO:

Sorry for being stupid / not drinking enough coffee. I have deleted my post. :ROFLMAO:

Deleted member 5988643

Apr 10, 2023
I thought they already were mom and sister without the patch... :ROFLMAO:

Sorry for being stupid / not drinking enough coffee. I have deleted my post. :ROFLMAO:
It was also the reason for the discussion in this thread, about 'his sister' Chloe being a lot younger (+20 years) than MC. Making the story not very realistic. Of course the original where MC is just a friend of the family, never had this large age difference problem at all...

But yeh people want, people get (sounds nicer than monkey wants,....)

Reactions: Yngling

Zemax

☠︎︎ The real world is where the monsters are ☠︎︎
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Aug 19, 2022
Looks interesting... and the girls look hot

Reactions: Secretuser69

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
This game is off to a promising start, but I really dislike that the game forces you to pretend to be some random dude to progress with Chloe, the "dark dinner" suggestion is also, frankly, just dumb. What sense does it make to want this girl, (who, I guess is supposed to be your sister) to borderline whore herself out to some random guy for $5k. First of all, this is seriously creepy behavior and is obviously not going to end well, and secondly, you're not having her associate this relationship with the MC, which basically defeats the purpose of it in the first place. If this was one optional path for Chloe maybe it would make sense, but it's literally the only way to even continue interacting with her.

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Reclaiming the Lost [v0.4] now available for our Top tier Patreon supporters!

We're over the moon to announce that the latest version of Reclaiming the Lost 0.4, is now available for all of our Top tier Patreon supporters!
We've completely overhauled the branching system of the game, making your choices more impactful than ever before. Plus, we've introduced a new feature that allows you to delve into the main character's thoughts about specific characters and view the stats of your relationships with them through a separate menu.
In addition, you'll find additional scenes woven into older chapters Due to these significant changes, old saves will no longer function, and a new game must be started.
None of this would be possible without your support on Patreon. Each contribution propels us further into developing and enriching the universe of Reclaiming the Lost.
Ready to explore the unknown? Join us today on Patreon!

4.00 star(s) 43 Votes