VN Ren'Py Reclaiming the Lost [v0.7] [Passion Portal]

4.00 star(s) 36 Votes

zedascove

Jul 13, 2018
Haven't played this one yet but holy shit those renders dude.

Keeping an eye out for this one.

muiejidani123

Feb 14, 2023
The daugther could've easily been a sister instead. When I said promising I was talking about the renders, they look good.

Jah-Ith-Ber

Feb 23, 2021
Story would work better with the girl being a sister rather than daughter. MC's age isn't a problem it just doesn't seem to make as much sense. It's written like he and Chloe grew up together "she was always chasing after me" like he is an barely older brother but she wasn't even born when MC's ex was pregnant so he's at least 20 years older than her. He would be a fully grown adult out of the house when she was growing up so their closeness makes no sense.

Honestly cutting the update in the middle of a lewd scene is the most bullshit thing I've ever seen. I've never seen a VN do that before and as much as I might otherwise like this VN I could never support an author who does such blatant milking for subs. Especially because it seems like they're gonna bait that MC + olivia have sex when he probably just goes down on her so the author can milk it out even longer. Hell no.

Don't like the changes in MC's personality. He turns the creep up to 11 on this update. Like completely changes the tone of the VN from sympathetic MC who sadly missed out on raising his daughter to middle aged pervert who couldn't go 1 day without trying to fuck his young secretary.

Deleted member 5988643

Apr 10, 2023
Story would work better with the girl being a sister rather than daughter. MC's age isn't a problem it just doesn't seem to make as much sense. It's written like he and Chloe grew up together "she was always chasing after me" like he is an barely older brother but she wasn't even born when MC's ex was pregnant so he's at least 20 years older than her. He would be a fully grown adult out of the house when she was growing up so their closeness makes no sense.
You are right, when more than 10 years difference between MC and his sister, they won't really know each other, he would be doing homework a lot daily, when 20 years difference he would be studying. My nephew has 2 sisters, one is 5 years older, one is 10 years old. He barly knew his 10 years older sister, first after he moved out, he got to really know her. So more than 10 years difference, they highly probably won't really know each other. Different interests.

Honestly cutting the update in the middle of a lewd scene is the most bullshit thing I've ever seen. I've never seen a VN do that before and as much as I might otherwise like this VN I could never support an author who does such blatant milking for subs. Especially because it seems like they're gonna bait that MC + olivia have sex when he probably just goes down on her so the author can milk it out even longer. Hell no.
When you didn't really care about that scene, I didn't mind. It could go both ways, like his daughter could walk in, or so, it's about the anticipation. But yeh, I can't remember another game doing that.

Don't like the changes in MC's personality. He turns the creep up to 11 on this update. Like completely changes the tone of the VN from sympathetic MC who sadly missed out on raising his daughter to middle aged pervert who couldn't go 1 day without trying to fuck his young secretary.
You are completely right again, I didn't like that creepy behaviour either, but like I wrote before, the choice is yours, you have options. But maybe a walkthrough with colors and +/- would be interesting. I can imagine, you losing points over being creepy to her. We will see in the next update, one day hopefully...

On the other way, if I made a game, and I wanted to abandon it, I might do a situation where I fuck everything up. Like all those stupid horror movies, where the movie ends with some fucked up open ending.... Just to fuck with the audience for fun....

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Made an Android port for the game (with some more game settings).
I tried to make the menu fonts a bit bigger for the small screens on Android devices.

====================================================
April 14, 2024
updated my port again after some time.
New: choice hints + cheat option for the game points (in the character info screen)

Edit: added now a requested Mod only download, too

====================================================

Android port from the game compressed
with integrated Mod v0.7 (~260MB)
-
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mod only download:
Mod v0.7a (~3MB)

Info: be aware the Mod is an excerpt from my Android port. Therefore some game UI changes I needed for making my port are here integrated, too. Also the choice hints are only basic infos for game points/variables.

ReclaimingTheLost_01.jpg ReclaimingTheLost_02.jpg ReclaimingTheLost_03.jpg ReclaimingTheLost_04.jpg

Last edited:

Passion_Portal

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2023
You are right, when more than 10 years difference between MC and his sister, they won't really know each other, he would be doing homework a lot daily, when 20 years difference he would be studying. My nephew has 2 sisters, one is 5 years older, one is 10 years old. He barly knew his 10 years older sister, first after he moved out, he got to really know her. So more than 10 years difference, they highly probably won't really know each other. Different interests.

When you didn't really care about that scene, I didn't mind. It could go both ways, like his daughter could walk in, or so, it's about the anticipation. But yeh, I can't remember another game doing that.

You are completely right again, I didn't like that creepy behaviour either, but like I wrote before, the choice is yours, you have options. But maybe a walkthrough with colors and +/- would be interesting. I can imagine, you losing points over being creepy to her. We will see in the next update, one day hopefully...

On the other way, if I made a game, and I wanted to abandon it, I might do a situation where I fuck everything up. Like all those stupid horror movies, where the movie ends with some fucked up open ending.... Just to fuck with the audience for fun....
Let me swiftly respond to some concerns and share my perspective. Starting with the current abrupt ending of the game, the update from version 0.2 to 0.3 took nearly 4 months. This is mainly because I can only spare about 3-4 hours for the game on both weekdays and weekends. Plus, after a long day at work, it's often the case that I just need some downtime, leaving me with no energy for creative work. I believe at the initial stages, it would be beneficial to roll out smaller updates that primarily focus on textual content. I can draft texts and scripts at my work computer, but if my boss were to catch me rendering a sex scene, I’d be out of a job :). And i didn't want patreons to wait another couple months.
By the way My aim is to release version 0.4 by the start of next month.
Regarding the character's newfound preoccupation with sex and attempts to fuck everyone, there's one scene in the secretary's room where the character proceeds without any choice involved, but he doesn't go too far. In all other instances, you have the freedom to stop it.
About gameplay and optimal choices:I must confess, I'm no renpy expert and have made some mistakes, which I intend to rectify in future versions. I've predominantly utilized variables, but I suspect that using points might be more effective. It would then be easier for me to strike a balance among the 3 different behavioral options for the main character.
Receiving feedback and criticism is highly important to me. I urge you to share not only what you didn't like, but also what you enjoyed. I'm also dedicating about 10% of my total effort to another game, and it's crucial for me to know what I'm doing well, and what I can improve upon.

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
Made a small Mod with choice recommendations ("WT"), some more game settings and changed the small menu fonts a bit

Download Mod v0.3 (~2MB)
-

Android port from the game compressed
with integrated Mod v0.3 (~160MB)
-
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Just a heads up. Dev updated the game with a fix. Will your mod work or do you need to update too?

Ingame pics of the Mod:
View attachment 2671587 View attachment 2671588 View attachment 2671589 View attachment 2671590 View attachment 2671591 View attachment 2671592

Deleted member 5988643

Apr 10, 2023
Let me swiftly respond to some concerns and share my perspective. Starting with the current abrupt ending of the game, the update from version 0.2 to 0.3 took nearly 4 months. This is mainly because I can only spare about 3-4 hours for the game on both weekdays and weekends. Plus, after a long day at work, it's often the case that I just need some downtime, leaving me with no energy for creative work. I believe at the initial stages, it would be beneficial to roll out smaller updates that primarily focus on textual content. I can draft texts and scripts at my work computer, but if my boss were to catch me rendering a sex scene, I’d be out of a job :). And i didn't want patreons to wait another couple months.
By the way My aim is to release version 0.4 by the start of next month.
Regarding the character's newfound preoccupation with sex and attempts to fuck everyone, there's one scene in the secretary's room where the character proceeds without any choice involved, but he doesn't go too far. In all other instances, you have the freedom to stop it.
About gameplay and optimal choices:I must confess, I'm no renpy expert and have made some mistakes, which I intend to rectify in future versions. I've predominantly utilized variables, but I suspect that using points might be more effective. It would then be easier for me to strike a balance among the 3 different behavioral options for the main character.
Receiving feedback and criticism is highly important to me. I urge you to share not only what you didn't like, but also what you enjoyed. I'm also dedicating about 10% of my total effort to another game, and it's crucial for me to know what I'm doing well, and what I can improve upon.
Always interesting to get insider information, where else then from the developer him/herself. For the future a walkthrough mod would probably be interesting, to see what the differences in choices maybe. As long as there is an update one day, I'm already happy. I'm still not over the loss of Oopsy Daisy, was so looking forward to that threesome.

But like I wrote in an other comment, a light and dark path, and you wrote about 3 different behavioral options/directions, so it's still to early to see what kind of directions you got planned for us. After v.0.2 I was rooting for the nice and romantic development, so I was looking forward to see how this develops, of course it was optional, and then MC became a creepy pedo. It was funny too...

Of course MC should probably have been underage, when he slept with the mother of his daughter, to make the age differences a little bit less with his sister and such, but still it's a difficult theme, and patreon and others probably will punish you for it.

Just continue, and give us the romantic path too with his sister and daughter, and I will be happy for it. But that's just my kink...

Deleted member 5988643

Apr 10, 2023
Made a small Mod with choice recommendations ("WT"), some more game settings and changed the small menu fonts a bit
cool a mod... I'm gone try it now...

Edited: Now I understand variables vs points. And now I understand the differences with different choices. Not sure where it's going, but it seems 5000 $ is the way to go, if you want to have more scenes with the sister, the moment she suspects, she seems to be out of the picture unfortunately.

Last edited:

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
My suggestion: use both.
Sounds more work for now, but imo you can handle the game better later on. I would use game points for the "behaviour" of the MC. And for important choices variables too, so you can check them later on for different outcomes. Also I would not make to many of them since that branches the gameplay again later in the game. Keeping track of them and must have to do different scenes because of those choices is something most new devs underestimate at the developement start.

But anyway, really nice game so far with quite pretty girls/woman and interesting story. Good luck!

Passion_Portal

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2023
My suggestion: use both.
Sounds more work for now, but imo you can handle the game better later on. I would use game points for the "behaviour" of the MC. And for important choices variables too, so you can check them later on for different outcomes. Also I would not make to many of them since that branches the gameplay again later in the game. Keeping track of them and must have to do different scenes because of those choices is something most new devs underestimate at the developement start.

But anyway, really nice game so far with quite pretty girls/woman and interesting story. Good luck!
Yeah. I am gonna use both.

4.00 star(s) 36 Votes