RPGM Completed Recreation Island - Manami And Her Captive Father [Final] [Teruka Lab]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Symphatic

Uploader
Nov 25, 2021
Both the mega and gofile links fail to download due to virus warning
Windows Defender also detected the same virus inside the .rar file.
Can someone confirm if the file is safe? I don't have the means to test it.
High threat level upon extraction
I know it's probably a false positive, but it's a high threat level.
I usually don't pay attention to virus alerts since most times than not they're false positives, but this one has shown up multiple times on my end, can anyone confirm this is indeed a backdoor?
Not going to risk running a downloaded exe from here, given what everyone is saying, but hentaibedta has a download link from when they uploaded it in August last year.

They've been solid on everything else I've downloaded from there. Going to see what bits from this translation I need to copy across to make their version work.
firewall detected such a virus
It's deleted automatically from Microsoft Antivirus

For individuals that have existed on this site for a while how do you not know what a false positive is and how do you not understand that Uploaders don't upload viruses? We quite literally need to check the files ourselves before even beginning the process of uploading. If it wasn't safe it wouldn't be added by an uploader.

Please stop derailing this thread with "REEEEE VIRUS".

The ones you want to look at are McAfee, Baidu, & Malwarebytes. Now you're probably wondering why all the timeouts? It happens. It can be anything from the file size, file type, how the user uploaded it to virustotal (did they unpack it? Leave it packed? used a download link instead of actually uploading the file?), and even just simple lag on their servers that will eventually correct itself. But the file is 100% safe.

Reactions: sadmate

sadmate

Mar 3, 2019
For individuals that have existed on this site for a while how do you not know what a false positive is and how do you not understand that Uploaders don't upload viruses? We quite literally need to check the files ourselves before even beginning the process of uploading. If it wasn't safe it wouldn't be added by an uploader.

Please stop derailing this thread with "REEEEE VIRUS".

The ones you want to look at are McAfee, Baidu, & Malwarebytes. Now you're probably wondering why all the timeouts? It happens. It can be anything from the file size, file type, how the user uploaded it to virustotal (did they unpack it? Leave it packed? used a download link instead of actually uploading the file?), and even just simple lag on their servers that will eventually correct itself. But the file is 100% safe.
Fair enough, I would rather be called a dumbass for not realizing its a false positive than get some malicious file on my computer, fyi. Thanks for clarifying it though! Appreciated :D

n0b0di

Nov 17, 2017
Compared the file to the untranslated original, the "extra simulator game" wasn't included in the original download, so I have no idea if that's actually a legitimate part of the game produced as a later update or dlc of some kind, or just whatever is getting pinged as a virus.

There's a simulator game from the same devs on dlsite, with a public trial available for an upcoming May 2023 release, so that might be what the simulator is supposed to be.

That said, likely safer to just get rid of the whole simulator thing.
this just released today

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes