HTML Reform School [v0.23d] [AlexXXX]

4.50 star(s) 6 Votes

alexxxx000

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2020
Played the update and absolutely loved it, Marky might end up my new favourite.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm glad you enjoyed it! It was really though writing it. I'm a sub and flipping that for Marky especially was hard.
A daunting task, since dom players have been demanding this specific moment since I first released the game. So much pressure.
Worth it, since people's feedback has been positive.

I understand. I was wondering if that means exclusively top too? In the current update Alex has a realization that aggression and muscles don't necessarily mean dominant. Maybe Tyler can have the understanding that bottoming doesn't mean submission and it's still possible to be in charge when bottoming. Marky seems to be closeted and he plays dom/top because he's afraid to admit what he wants. Not sure what your plans with Tyler are he since he's more mysterious of a character right now but he seems more comfortable with himself and knows who he is.

I'm wouldn't be heartbroken about not being able to dominate him, dom/sub isn't a massive kink for me, but I would very much love Tyler to have the option to bottom.
On the dominant path, Tyler and MC won't have any sort of sexual relationship. They'll be frenemies of sorts. The end goal of MC as the ultimate bully will end up being taking him down.

In the submissive path, I don't see Tyler ever bottoming. I might change my mind and do a one off scene where that happens if it feels right in the moment, but it's improbable.

What draws you to Tyler so much?

fav22

Nov 14, 2019
What draws you to Tyler so much?
Would love to say it was something profound or something deep about his personality that drew me to him but the truth of it is you made his avatar super hot. I tried switching Emmett & Tyler's avatars around but my stupid brain already associates that face with Tyler.

Edit: Just to add to this, I do like stories where bullies get a taste of their own medicine. So turning the tables on Marky and Tyler has strong appeal.

Last edited:

alexxxx000

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2020
Would love to say it was something profound or something deep about his personality that drew me to him but the truth of it is you made his avatar super hot. I tried switching Emmett & Tyler's avatars around but my stupid brain already associates that face with Tyler.

Edit: Just to add to this, I do like stories where bullies get a taste of their own medicine. So turning the tables on Marky and Tyler has strong appeal.
lol an understandable mood

HenryVIII

Jun 4, 2017
I agree, I didn't care much for the dom route before (mostly because I don't like to torment Emmett) but this update was really great, seeing Marky from a different side and all of that.
I know there won't be lovey dovey endings but maybe they can reach some sort of middle ground.

Reactions: alexxxx000

alexxxx000

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2020
I really love the dom Marky route, and the sub Marky route. It's kinda interesting seeing how much he actually likes MC in both.
He does love MC... or more like the idea of MC. It's twisted and toxic, but also kinda sweet if you ignore the red flags

I agree, I didn't care much for the dom route before (mostly because I don't like to torment Emmett) but this update was really great, seeing Marky from a different side and all of that.
I know there won't be lovey dovey endings but maybe they can reach some sort of middle ground.
Well, I don't wanna sell a lie, but I don't see all endings being horrible like death or whatever. If you don't mind the toxic, there might be some happy-adjacent endings. Not like "yay we're happily married", but maybe something more akin to "I'm happy being his bitch boy whom he uses daily for sex and errands and we maybe cuddle sometimes."

You won't have to torture Emmett anymore if you don't want to. It was more like a trial run for dom-MC. He needed to learn with a weakling.
TBH readers don't much like Emmett. His route will probably be shorter compared to the other 4. No sense in focusing on a character people care little about.

theCircle57

Dec 8, 2017
Minor bug. If you have the game inside a file path has /temp/ anywhere on it, it attempts to load some of the game assets from a hardcoded location that I assume alexxxx000 uses for debugging since the path has his name on it.

It's the document.location.href.toLowerCase().includes("/temp/") check in line 645 (v0.23d)

alexxxx000

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2020
Minor bug. If you have the game inside a file path has /temp/ anywhere on it, it attempts to load some of the game assets from a hardcoded location that I assume alexxxx000 uses for debugging since the path has his name on it.

It's the document.location.href.toLowerCase().includes("/temp/") check in line 645 (v0.23d)
Thank you for letting me know.
I'll check to see what's happening.

Reactions: theCircle57

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

I don't have enough time to play this game recently but I couldn't not react to that.

TBH readers don't much like Emmett. His route will probably be shorter compared to the other 4. No sense in focusing on a character people care little about.
I just hope he'll have a complete storyline and not something rushed. Just because he isn't liked doesn't mean he should be left behind or thrown in the trash. If you created that character, that means you had something to convey with him. Anyway, that's just my thoughts, sorry. I'm always annoyed when something is cut to please and the author's work has to be destroyed.

Good continuation.

alexxxx000

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2020

Apparently that's a Twine game default whenever you click the "test" button. Even if I manually remove it, Twine shoves it back into the code.
The solution, unfortunately, is for the player to not use "temp" named folders.

Hello.

I don't have enough time to play this game recently but I couldn't not react to that.

I just hope he'll have a complete storyline and not something rushed. Just because he isn't liked doesn't mean he should be left behind or thrown in the trash. If you created that character, that means you had something to convey with him. Anyway, that's just my thoughts, sorry. I'm always annoyed when something is cut to please and the author's work has to be destroyed.

Good continuation.
Hey!
Honestly part of the reason why Emmett doesn't get the same amount of love as other characters is my own fault. I gave Haruki the "best friend / confidant" role that was supposed to go to Emmett. So Emmett is sort of just there as of now.
I have ideas about what to do with him but none are as good as my OG plan that Haruki stole.
I wouldn't just cut the character out since he's especially important if you're a dom or if you're playing the Tyler route as a sub.
That being said, player feedback is also important and I'd rather invest time in characters people like reading.
He'll have a route, it'll just be smaller.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Oliz82

NathanMagic

Feb 27, 2018
I think Emmett works for the Dom MC's unique love interest while in a sub MC route, Tyler is your unique love interest (I use love very loosely here).

I think the reason I like the Marky route the best for both MC's is due to the fact he feels right regardless of the way you go. He also feels like he could have a good ending for both Dom and sub mc's.

Tyler's great, but at the same time I could never see him and MC being anything, if anything he'd probably drop MC in both a dom and sub route, lmao.
I think Emmett should remain connected to Tyler in that sense, as it would make sense that both characters change depending on which route you take. Similarly to Tyler, when MC's on Emmett's route, I think their should be a lack of love, and in that route, MC's dom personality should truly shine (or his depravity, whichever comes first).

Haruki is weird to me, I'm not going to lie. He feels off compared to the other characters. But he works as another optional love interest, though he feels quite disconnected from the story, similarly to Samuel. I think he has a good personality, I just wish he was a bit more connected to the others, even Samuel. I will say, being Dom MC on Haruki's route is great, the movie date scene was amazing.

theCircle57

Dec 8, 2017
The solution, unfortunately, is for the player to not use "temp" named folders.
No problem. Removing the filepath check is, at least, just a very basic edit from a user's perspective. It's also not that much of a big deal in the first place since the game is text-based anyway. Thanks for looking into it.

alexxxx000

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2020
I think Emmett works for the Dom MC's unique love interest while in a sub MC route, Tyler is your unique love interest (I use love very loosely here).

I think the reason I like the Marky route the best for both MC's is due to the fact he feels right regardless of the way you go. He also feels like he could have a good ending for both Dom and sub mc's.

Tyler's great, but at the same time I could never see him and MC being anything, if anything he'd probably drop MC in both a dom and sub route, lmao.
I think Emmett should remain connected to Tyler in that sense, as it would make sense that both characters change depending on which route you take. Similarly to Tyler, when MC's on Emmett's route, I think their should be a lack of love, and in that route, MC's dom personality should truly shine (or his depravity, whichever comes first).

Haruki is weird to me, I'm not going to lie. He feels off compared to the other characters. But he works as another optional love interest, though he feels quite disconnected from the story, similarly to Samuel. I think he has a good personality, I just wish he was a bit more connected to the others, even Samuel. I will say, being Dom MC on Haruki's route is great, the movie date scene was amazing.
I usually call them "lust interests". Works better in this game lol

I honestly don't see a good ending for Marky, maybe a "good enough" ending. The game is toxic and cruel by choice. These are not good people (with the exception of Samuel, who's an angel.)

You're right that MC is crueler with Emmett than he is to Marky or other characters, precisely because he's so pathetic and easy to stomp on. Emmett just doesn't have a very well rounded personality. But I am trying to change that.

Haruki's role in the story (even if you don't romance him) is to help MC, train him, teach him to defend himself. He has a history with Marky and Tyler, but it's not that relevant to his arc. His story is tied to his roommate, Shane. He also works as a confidant to the MC, someone who's on his side.
Samuel is more like a side plot, which I like because it works as breathing room.
I don't think everyone needs to be a part of the Tyler/Marky animosity arc / mystery. Side plots are cool too, and sometimes even more interesting than the "main story" so to speak.

I'm glad you liked the date!

Reactions: vision192
4.50 star(s) 6 Votes