• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM Reincarnation Circumstance [v0.0.1d] [Alley Cats]

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
people are really overacting about the english here. It's definitely a little stiff or unnatural at parts but it's definitely understandable.
Most of the english is pretty bad on this site. It only gets to be too much for me when it's impossible to understand what's going on. This game is fine, imo.

Reactions: fraazx

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
0.01d is up on Patreon, but not sure there's really much difference between C and D. Not a subscriber so I can't check.

Jan 22, 2018
idk if I have a bad download or something else but opening the quests tab tries (and fails) to reference a bunch of images in img\pSQSystem that don't exist

nokitaswam

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2019
idk if I have a bad download or something else but opening the quests tab tries (and fails) to reference a bunch of images in img\pSQSystem that don't exist
Yeah, such a problem arose when building the game, now I have to disable the option "Exclude unused files"....
5 minutes and I'll update this links.
Thank you for writing about this error.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everything is working now (I checked on another machine)

Last edited:

Pink Chaos

Dec 4, 2019
people are really overacting about the english here. It's definitely a little stiff or unnatural at parts but it's definitely understandable.
It's definitely understandable English, and I'd normally be fine with this level of English. But it's not just very well-written in general. Mind, I'm a bit picky about that.

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
Yeah, such a problem arose when building the game, now I have to disable the option "Exclude unused files"....
5 minutes and I'll update this links.
Thank you for writing about this error.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everything is working now (I checked on another machine)
Might have caused a seperate issue.
On laptop, now getting this error whenever opening menu
Failed to execute 'getProgramParameter' on 'WebGL2RenderingContext': parameter 1 is not of type 'WebGLProgram'.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Game is totally unplayable so many missing images that when you open quest log the game locks up unable to find image! So downloading different copies from the two sites got it working but than it is still fucking bugged.. deny the damn tavern owner and game goes completely black so you can't continue.. basically game fucking over. How the fuck does a dev release such buggy shit when it's not even alpha and won't even run.

Last edited:

iliketacos

Dec 3, 2019
Cool concept, I think I'll follow this one a bit, looks fun. Small critique. I'd recommend learning a bit about town designs in RPG's. That town needs to be about 1/3 of it's size. When you don't have a clear direction (IE solve the kidnapping, as in this game) forcing players to wonder a large, mostly empty town gets really boring. Just shrink the empty spaces. A lot of the buildings are just way out there, and the spacing between buildings is huge.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Cool concept, I think I'll follow this one a bit, looks fun. Small critique. I'd recommend learning a bit about town designs in RPG's. That town needs to be about 1/3 of it's size. When you don't have a clear direction (IE solve the kidnapping, as in this game) forcing players to wonder a large, mostly empty town gets really boring. Just shrink the empty spaces. A lot of the buildings are just way out there, and the spacing between buildings is huge.
Don't forget fix the bugs and add some sort of damn tracker.

dexyne

Jan 26, 2019
Played a bit, so far I do like the art style and character design of the MC. Aside from limited content being an early version, there are two main things that I find "negatives" or should I say need improvements:
  1. I'm sorry but I have to say it and the first one would be the English, I'm pretty sure it's not the main dev(s) language so I'm fine even if it's not perfect - mine is not either - but it was hard to read sometimes to understand what was meant (it was possible overall, just harder). But I appreciate the effort put on that part and know it'll improve (y). One little thing that could make it easier to read would be to structure better sentences by just adding a clear start/end, using a capital word at the start and a dot/point/exclamation/interrogation at the end, just to make easier to read as it felt missing multiple times.
  2. As for the second point, it would be the maps, or at least the main/first city. It was too big and empty. Because it's early in the project and I don't know how it'll evolve (and I read that it'll change I think) this point may be invalid but right now it was too big for nothing and you lose time going between areas in a pretty much empty city. It's also not clear where to go the first time you go there, so I would recommend adding some direction writing somewhere or given by NPCs, etc. (maybe I missed them though).
Otherwise good luck with the project as I'll follow it! :)

Psicomaniaco

Mar 14, 2018
This game is still VERY rough, but... I liked it a lot.

Really liked the minotaur bad end, hope to see more like this in the future. Most games don't dare adding extreme stuff like this. I really hope you add more ampotations/body modifications scenes (but I recommend that you give us a warning before those scenes start, some people don't like this stuff).

I plan on supporting this in patreon, hope you don't abandon it. ^^ The game is rough (kinda buggy, the maps are too big and random, the main city is a pain in the ass to navigate, etc), but it's surprisingly fun for such an early version.

Just finished the current version. Quite short, but I loved it. ^^ Looking forward to your next update.

Last edited: