[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Since you’re doing additional device levels it would be potentially interesting convincing the girls to work in the GS and MB after they’re unlocked in the cells.

The way I think it would work is Lex can sell them on indulging in the way the device works to their advantage. Since the rules prevent self gratification, Lex could turn off that feature if they dance, increase it’s strength if they strip and turn it way up if the do it in front of people. That covers the GS. Otherwise they’ll just be sitting bored in their cells when Lex is busy elsewhere, etc.

After long enough doing that, Girls could want more or Lex can gradually turn the device intensity down until the girls can be talked into the MB as a way to up the device experience.

Gameplay wise I think it just reuses the existing imagery but with new dialogue. This lets you use the girls to gain money post cell content without resetting or degrading the device. Additionally I think they could earn more money in this state since they’re not just brainwashed zombies and actually are super heroes trying to accomplish a goal (even if that goal is their own orgasms and not being bored)

Anyway, just my thoughts. It would be cool if there was a public git where people could contribute translating scenes into ren’py from the unity version.
My thoughts on this is a "Device Level 8" where the girls split the 'take' with Lex. After all, Superheroines still have apartments, Superheroine stuff, etc. that they need to pay for...

The reason for the 'split' on the income is because at that point in the game, the nightly GS/MB earnings are just pouring in (assuming that you don't have all of the girls in the Lexcorp cells at the same time) so I'm looking for ways to soak up some of that income in the late game.

Anyways, as has been mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm thinking that some Heroines may be more 'open' to the idea of being a sexworker on the side than others.

Your point of having 'willing' workers earning more money is certainly a good one and one that I could introduce a % adder fairly easily. After all, Starfire already has been doing the sex worker thing for a while, so she probably knows a few tricks of the trade...

This thread and via PMs is where we've been sharing builds and such. At the moment, I'm trying to get enough stuff working so that adding new cell content should be easy peasy (it's pretty much there now).

Another idea that is a big one around here is having a few of the Supervillainesses also working at the GS/MB. The main holdup with this is available art. I'm hoping that a few of the fanart thread types might create some suitable art to 'fill in the blanks' so to speak.

I've been leaving some comments in the various .rpy files to help others to get insight into some of the stuff that I have going on, but at the end of the day, right now I have the best grasp on the code, being the main coder right now. xMendoza is also doing some coding as well, which I've been morphing as needed into the builds I'm putting together.

In any case, you have some good ideas there to think about!

stevejones19

May 28, 2018
OK, here is my current build (version 0.22) for SU Re-Imagined:

AGAIN, this is currently a proof of concept demo, not a full game. Consider yourself re-warned!

This is a 'take it for a test drive and kick the tires' sort of thing.

No Mac or Android version currently. If people really want a Mac version, I can package one, as for Android, I'd rather that the Android port types concentrate on actual games for now. When this is a little farther along, I'll reach out to the Android port folk then.

There will probably be a few bugs. Please report them so that I can look into them, and try to screenshot your error screen log so that I can see what Ren'Py has to say about such things.

---

I've explained a lot of this stuff before, but since changelogs are generally a good thing...

1) Added some Supergirl and Batgirl cell scene content. Mostly Supergirl.
----- Note: The switch that allows only one conversation with Batgirl and Supergirl each day is currently disabled for testing purposes. It will be re-enabled in future updates.

2) Added a switch that blocks girls from Level 7 device upgrades if they do not have cell scenes yet. So essentially right now only Supergirl and Batgirl can have their devices upgraded past Level 6.

3) Added a 3-day 'cooldown' period for device upgrades. This is a nod to some of the ingame Lex dialogue about not pushing the girls too hard. I'll make this an optional rule in future builds.

4)Added an optional rule to allow downgrade of devices from Level 7 to 6 for a cost of $250,000. Optional rules are chosen at the start of the game (if you choose the 'optional rules' menu option).

5) You can now choose between Supergirl's costumes (0, 1, and 2 currently) once you have unlocked those costumes, using the Profile screen costume picker window.

6) Cell avatars and profile pics will change as more costume options become available.

7) Example code for how to set up layered images, assembling the various 'SU Unity' Supergirl sprite pieces into a unified sprite image. This is 'standard' Ren'Py functionality, but having a code example template to follow is extremely helpful to other coders.

8) Legion Hideout Interface Screen barebones, almost completely non-functional at this point but you can get an idea of what I'm planning there.

9) Not sure if I did this in the previous version, but you can now completely clear the GS/MB schedules with one handy button each for the GS and MB.

10) (Not really related to the build) added UNOFFICIAL to the thread title, 'cuz this is an unsanctioned effort done by people that are just passionate about SU.

11) I'm sure there's something else, will edit this changelog later when I remember what else I did...

---

Again, (restating for emphasis) this is currently just a proof of concept. Feedback is always appreciated!

Again, special thanks to Cult of Ape , xMendoza, and others that have contributed code and such to this effort.

Enjoy!
OhWee
:cool:
Can you make a Mac version?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
My thoughts on this is a "Device Level 8" where the girls split the 'take' with Lex. After all, Superheroines still have apartments, Superheroine stuff, etc. that they need to pay for...

The reason for the 'split' on the income is because at that point in the game, the nightly GS/MB earnings are just pouring in (assuming that you don't have all of the girls in the Lexcorp cells at the same time) so I'm looking for ways to soak up some of that income in the late game.

Anyways, as has been mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm thinking that some Heroines may be more 'open' to the idea of being a sexworker on the side than others.

Your point of having 'willing' workers earning more money is certainly a good one and one that I could introduce a % adder fairly easily. After all, Starfire already has been doing the sex worker thing for a while, so she probably knows a few tricks of the trade...

This thread and via PMs is where we've been sharing builds and such. At the moment, I'm trying to get enough stuff working so that adding new cell content should be easy peasy (it's pretty much there now).

Another idea that is a big one around here is having a few of the Supervillainesses also working at the GS/MB. The main holdup with this is available art. I'm hoping that a few of the fanart thread types might create some suitable art to 'fill in the blanks' so to speak.

I've been leaving some comments in the various .rpy files to help others to get insight into some of the stuff that I have going on, but at the end of the day, right now I have the best grasp on the code, being the main coder right now. xMendoza is also doing some coding as well, which I've been morphing as needed into the builds I'm putting together.

In any case, you have some good ideas there to think about!
Right, whether or not they make more money or less could depend entirely on the girl, or whatever system you want to make. Hawkgirl for example could be very stubborn about it in her grumpy way, where as starfire is 100% on board with pleasing others. So, Hawkgirl could be worse when she’s actually in control of her MB or GS events. Getting them there is going to take standard Lex manipulation. Orders with Hawkgirl, bets against Canary, just figuring out the next steps in the story for each girl.

I’m not really sure there is anything that can bleed money out of the game unless you introduce the defense events or something negative that is recurring.

Reactions: Jimwalrus and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so I forgot that I needed to do a little more work on the Legion Hideout, so there will be a patch.

Until then, do NOT enter the Legion Hideout. Actually, you can enter the hideout, just don't choose the 'interface' option. The game needs to go through the 'end of day' routine for Day 4 to 'fill in the blanks' r.e. which hench(wo)men are are shown, and I also still need to create a few .rpy files and add idle/hover images.

The menu shouldn't show up the first time anyways, but the 'first visit' dialogue hasn't been added yet, at least not in Re-Imagined.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so let's talk some Mercy!

I'm in the middle of adding a 'preferred targets' list for the villains that can be used for captures. So of course, we start with Mercy.

I remember Mercy from the Bruce Timm animated shows of course. So I just googled her and an interesting factoid popped up...

So, on New Earth, Mercy is actually a 'former' Amazon that left Themyscira after becoming disillusioned with Queen Hippolyta's policies. Lex Luthor is president at this point, and being aware that Mercy is an Amazon, he hires her to be his bodyguard.

In Young Justice, Mercy gets a bionic laser arm...

Apparently she's one of the antagonists in Titans. That show never really clicked with me.

IN ANY CASE, so in my mind Supergirl (obviously) and Starfire make sense as preffered targets for Mercy. Starfire due to how easily Lex captures Blackfire, and Starfire is an alien so...

I thought about Hawkgirl, but Mercy doesn't seem like she'd care all that much about Hawkgirl on a 'grudge' level.

Anyways, this 'preferred targets' thing will give a hefty bonus when a particular henchman is used to capture a particular Superheroine(s).

As another example, Giganta faces off against Wonder Woman often, so giving her a 'vs Amazons' bonus makes sense I think, as otherwise Giganta's stats are actually kind of lame (income bonus aside)...

But yeah, we should probably talk about that bionic laser arm, and Mercy possibly being of Amazon descent. Thoughts?

Reactions: vireker

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
OK, so let's talk some Mercy!

I'm in the middle of adding a 'preferred targets' list for the villains that can be used for captures. So of course, we start with Mercy.

I remember Mercy from the Bruce Timm animated shows of course. So I just googled her and an interesting factoid popped up...

So, on New Earth, Mercy is actually a 'former' Amazon that left Themyscira after becoming disillusioned with Queen Hippolyta's policies. Lex Luthor is president at this point, and being aware that Mercy is an Amazon, he hires her to be his bodyguard.

In Young Justice, Mercy gets a bionic laser arm...

Apparently she's one of the antagonists in Titans. That show never really clicked with me.

IN ANY CASE, so in my mind Supergirl (obviously) and Starfire make sense as preffered targets for Mercy. Starfire due to how easily Lex captures Blackfire, and Starfire is an alien so...

I thought about Hawkgirl, but Mercy doesn't seem like she'd care all that much about Hawkgirl on a 'grudge' level.

Anyways, this 'preferred targets' thing will give a hefty bonus when a particular henchman is used to capture a particular Superheroine(s).

As another example, Giganta faces off against Wonder Woman often, so giving her a 'vs Amazons' bonus makes sense I think, as otherwise Giganta's stats are actually kind of lame (income bonus aside)...

But yeah, we should probably talk about that bionic laser arm, and Mercy possibly being of Amazon descent. Thoughts?
I think it's one of those things common to most comic characters - the writers like to think they have imagination when in fact they write like 12 year old boys!

"We've got a female character here with few powers but with high mental strength and a devotion to an abusive man that gives her unusual depth"
"Nah, that can't be right, we need to give her a past that makes no sense and actually detracts from her personality massively."
"Cool, how about she can also shoot laser beams from her arm?"
"Yeah, and maybe from her eyes?"
"Don't be stupid, Derek"

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so here's the 'favored targets' list that I've come up with:

Artemis....................Shade, Ravager
Batgirl......................Toyman, Poison Ivy
Black Canary.............Atomic Skull, Star Sapphire
Huntress.................. Shade, Livewire
Cassie......................Giganta, Cheetah, Atomic Skull
Donna Troy................Giganta, Cheetah, Ravager
Stargirl.....................Shade, Mercy, Sinestro
Terra........................Tala, Volcana, Jinx
Vixen.......................Cheetah, Tala, Parasite
Zatanna...................Tala, Toyman, Poison Ivy
Hawkgirl..................Sinestro, Star Sapphire, Giganta, Livewire
Miss Martian.............Volcana, Shade, Jinx, Tala
Starfire....................Star Sapphire, Mercy, Jinx, Ravager
Supergirl..................Metallo, Mercy, Livewire, Toyman
Wonder Woman.........Giganta, Cheetah, Parasite, Atomic Skull

I tried to set up some ground rules here, i.e.:
Henchmen:

Mercy - three favored targets
Tala - three favored targets
Tier 1 - four favored targets
Tier 2 - three favored targets
Tier 3 - two favored targets (if any).

Heroines:
Tier 1 - Two 'nemeses'
Tier 2 - Three 'nemeses'
Tier 3 - Four 'nemeses'

Favored targets essentially translates to an extra bonus vs. those particular Heroines. Not exactly sure what that bonus is yet, but it'll be hefty (i.e. Mercy will actually have a significant, still fairly low chance, to capture Supergirl).

Jinx ended up with three targets, but her stats are fairly low, hence why I'm allowing it. I tried to tie her in with the Teen Titans, as that's her 'venue' for appearances.

Note that Lobo and Bane aren't on these lists.

I figure that Lobo just gets a flat +10% bonus to capture, since that's his gig.
Bane, I'm thinking that maybe Bane gets an extra bonus for heists instead.

Metallo is problematic. Supergirl is an obvious one, but the second target, well the slots were full already. So I'm thinking that maybe Metallo has a secondary bonus, say -10% to device upgrade costs. Plus robotics stuff of course, whatever that might be.

Bizarro again was a victim of 'lack of slots'. Plus when I was testing Bizarro, I noticed that he reduced capture percentages for the gals I checked anyways, so that my not really be his gig. Maybe he's better suited to heists or something, open to discussion on this one.

Ravager vs. Donna Troy was a sidelong nod to what happens in Titans. Black Canary I had no friggin' clue, but since she's captured pretty easily to begin with, her 'nemeses' weren't that important.

In any case, feedback is always appreciated! This ties in to the .rpy files of the various henchmen, that I need to release a fix for, so it's more immediately relevant.

Grimlock99

Dec 24, 2019
Great list! For Bizarro i'd always figured he works better as a distraction than for either capturing or heists you know? Like in SU they deactivated for the moment the threat system for I thought it would be a nice idea if Lex paid villains to just go mess around, in a really complex system you could make it so you can send villains to either capture, do some heists or distract the Justice League, maybe a fail result could lead to the villain getting captured and you have to wait a few days for them to escape or add some other mechanic, idk just some ideas for you guys.

Morkar

Aug 9, 2016
You can always make metalo have a black canary as a secondary objective, it is not necessary, but being a robot and being able to "disconnect its ears" it is less vulnerable to her powers, so you justify the bonus

or you can make him more expensive to hire but have a lower bonus against all heroines than normal but he is a villain who has a bonus against everything as a wild card

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
You can always make metalo have a black canary as a secondary objective, it is not necessary, but being a robot and being able to "disconnect its ears" it is less vulnerable to her powers, so you justify the bonus

or you can make him more expensive to hire but have a lower bonus against all heroines than normal but he is a villain who has a bonus against everything as a wild card
A very good idea (BC vs Metallo). It's kind of a moot point anyways as in SU Unity, Black Canary is generally added to the roster pretty much right off (as soon as Mercy is able to capture her once a device is purchases), but the 'preferred target' thing could come into play later if some sort of 'incident' system tied to increasing threat levels or whatever called upon Metallo to 'attack the city' and Black Canary was on call...

That's a 'ways down the road' kind of thing, but it's a fun idea!

Metallo doesn't become available in SU Unity until after the Prison visit, so he generally only becomes available for captures if a new Heroine was introduced after Lex has done the Prison thing, or if you 'fast track' the Prison related heists. I generally try to capture all of the Heroines first, to each their own. In my case, this was Cassie and Donna Troy that were introduced during one of my earlier playthroughs, but I probably just used Sinestro or Parasite to capture them as they are pretty good 'go to' guys for captures.

Well, I should get back to creating the other Villain(ess) .rpy files!

Last edited:
Reactions: Morkar

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so a fun idea that I just had that I need to jot down for possible use later...

The SU Unity game text mentions that if a capture attempt goes badly, the control device might be destroyed in the process, which means you'd need to get another one in future attempts.

So I just thought of a new heist. Essentially, the Justice League has found said device, and Lex needs to break into the Justice League and destroy or re-acquire it...

That's the short form. As I noted, just jotting this down for now.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
save please
:ROFLMAO:
This made me chuckle!

It's a PROOF OF CONCEPT demo currently, not a complete game!

Essentially right now you can just capture girls with Mercy, put them to work in the GS/MB, and talk to Tala and Roulette, and there's a tiny bit of cell action with Batgirl and Supergirl (if their devices have been upgraded maybe). ATM we are just slowly bringing various aspects online (the Legion Hideout hiring henchmen and assigning tasks to them is the thing I'm currently working on/not functional yet).

So if you want to 'play' this, I suggest that you play Something Unlimited (the Unity version) for now. It's gonna be a while before there's enough content here for a full game. An intro for a game perhaps, that's about it, and if you like managing girls, I suppose that's an interesting time sink.

SU Rebuilt (the other build) has some Legion Hideout content, but again it's a different approach to how things are done in SU Unity.

Reactions: HentaiGamerN00b

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, discussion topic of the day... Bizarro!

SUReImaginedRecruitScreenBizarro.jpg

Back to working on this screen for now. I think I have most of the .rpy files and associated variables for the various Villain(esse)s in place, except maybe for Tala, need to double check that...

So, following up on Grimlock99 's suggestion kinda sorta...

Bizarro is an Agent of Chaos. Since he isn't good for most things, I figured that giving him a +15% bonus to heists would be an interesting thought. The idea here is that because everyone will be so distracted trying to deal with Bizarro wrecking everything and not responding well to challenges (the opposite thing), the 'second' in the heist can take advantage of said mayhem to pull off the actual heist since everyone is being distracted by Bizarro's antics.

The -50 to capture attempts is my 'quick estimate' r.e. what I'm seeing in SU Unity, i.e. a lower chance of capture attempts being successful when using Bizarro. The other modifiers are 'as listed' in SU Unity.

+15 for heists might be too much, or just right. Thoughts?

---

stevejones19

I need a little more time to get everything in place with this Villain interface screen, so it may be another day or two before I release an updated version. I'll package up a mac version for you at that time. Apologies for the delay!

Reactions: Doc_Odd and vireker

Doc_Odd

Jun 15, 2017
I think the Bizarro thing looks fine. Imagining an absurdly unrealistic future game with everything I could possibly want, that would probably involve something more fine grained, perhaps including random events that could happen with missions depending on who was involved and what the mission was, but for an initial pass at making the characters distinctive, this seems to fit Bizarro.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I think the Bizarro thing looks fine. Imagining an absurdly unrealistic future game with everything I could possibly want, that would probably involve something more fine grained, perhaps including random events that could happen with missions depending on who was involved and what the mission was, but for an initial pass at making the characters distinctive, this seems to fit Bizarro.
Part of me wants to introduce a 'fight system' like you see in various RPGM games, kind of like the original Final Fantasy where you have the heroines on the left side of the screen and the villains on the right, and they trade blows in turn. That'd probably be too silly though, but it's something to add to the wishlist maybe.

As I've mentioned before, I like the idea of a random chance that various Heroines get into scrapes every so often while on the 'day job', and then showing up to the GS/MB or lexcorp with significantly increased fatigue that day (reflecting their injuries), which might prompt Lex to send them home to recover as their 'income potential' is significantly reduced due to the increased fatigue...

Again, something for the wishlist for later. This is one of the driving forces behind this Ren'Py port, the ability to introduce such things later into the gameplay once the 'core stuff' is built, perhaps as optional rules... If we can move the game forward and make it a more interesting affair, while hopefully not over-complicating it of course, I would think that is a good thing.

Reactions: GucciGang69

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Making progress. Hiring is now working, but I need to add/create more pics for the thumbnails and profile pic in the relevant folder, so that the game can find them (and not error out)...

SUReImaginedRecruitScreenSS.jpg

Does anyone know off of the top of their head the exact trigger conditions that allow Tala to start doing captures and heists?

Edit: Yep, coming together nicely. Slowly, but nicely!

SUReImaginedRecruitScreenNH.jpg

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
In this episode of 'How much information can I cram onto this screen...'

SUReImaginedRecruitScreenGG.jpg

Corruption loosely measures the level of 'sexy fun time' that you've had with said gal. I probably should hide that bar for males, since Lex doesn't roll that way...

I suppose, for males, that the bar could be a 'discontent level' thing instead, which could be lowered by arranging for some sexy fun time with some gal, throwing money their way, etc.

Fatigue is more of a long term thing, for things like threat level incidents, facing off vs. some superheroine in the daytime, etc.

I managed to squeeze in the day name and day as well.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but the reason the game is tracking day names is because the gals assigned to the Glamour Slam and Meta Bordello earn 35% more money on Friday and Saturday than they do on other days of the week. Hence, holding off on initating GS/MB upgrades until Sunday, which take five days to complete, is something to consider...

In any case, it's not called 'ReImagined' for nuttin'...

The next build will NOT have Supergirl and Batgirl in their Lexcorp cells in the beginning, so you'll need to upgrade their devices to put them there. They are the only two girls with any cell content, Mercy aside, so they are the only ones that can have their devices upgraded past Level 6. You can downgrade their devices afterwords if you want to test that functionality.

I need to figure out what I did to get the Dancing and Stripping scenes working in the GS again, so that I can add the Eroplay stuff (the associated artwork is ready, I just need to code it) I've been bouncing back and forth between a lot of code sections, so I usually have to look at stuff and figure out what I did at the time... There is a LOT of code already in SU Re-Imagined to get all of the screens that you see so far working and to do the various checks and allowing girls to be moved between tasks and such. Anyways...

Back to creating/scaling and cropping villain(ess) profile pics and such!
:whistle:

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Pondering the layout of the Heist screen atm...

This is just a Photoshop mockup currently. I like to mock things up in Photoshop to explore ideas before I start building stuff...

SUReImaginedHeistScreenWIP.jpg

The trick here is (going with my favored stats for each heist idea) will be to choose two favored stats for each heist. Each heist should have different favored stats to keep things interesting...

I'm also thinking that a 95% maximum chance should be a thing, because of Murphy's Law and all that...

So, the heists I can think of off of the top of my head, looking for suggestions for stats:

Small Cash
Large Cash
Joker's Chemicals
Tech Heist
Tala's Relics Heist (four of these?)
Wonder Woman Ring(?) Heist
Miss Martian thingie heist
Grodd Tech Heist (there's a couple of these)
Kryptonite Heist
Datatapes Heist
Diamond Heist (Harley)
Robotics Equipment Heist (four of these?)
Cloning Equipment Heist (four of these?)
Some Cadmus Heist
Genetic Materials Heist? (Galatea)

And a couple of others (I'm seeing 17 total), those are the ones that I can remember. Also that 'steal back Lexcon device that the Superfriends found after a botched capture attempt' heist Idea I had...

Anyways, if y'all have thoughts on how to 'mix things up' with each heist, so that all five stats come into play more than occasionally.

So yeah, feedback on this is very much appreciated!

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote