[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, new question for the collective, while I'm assembling the heist code...

As a reminder, here's my temporary capture routine popup screen, where Mercy is currently doing captures:

That 'wait until next night to see results of heists/captures' thing. Setting that up in code is something that's certainly doable, but of course this adds another click or two to the 'advance to next night' routine.

'Insta-heist' results are easier to code, and seeing that you are 'on that screen' already setting up the heist, well showing the results there just kind of makes sense, role-playing aspects, i.e. the anticipation of having to wait to see what happened, aside.

I've also been pondering a couple of interesting options for Mercy. Essentially, a 'trait' for Mercy could be 'dogged determination' where if she fails in a capture attempt, she will try again the next night, with a +10% cumulative bonus (+30 total if she ends up trying four or more times).

This could also be a heists thing, IF Mercy is involved. I also thought about adding a 'spend one or more days casing out the target' where Mercy accumulates a bonus depending on how many days you have her waiting to pounce. This is a bit trickier to code (i.e. how to add the buttons for the 'study the target first for higher chance' buttons.

So I come back to the first idea, i.e. accumulating bonus if capture/heist attempt fails, but ONLY for Mercy, 'cuz she's on the 'permanent' payroll and that's her thing.

Another idea is to allow Mercy to make her own capture attempt each night, IF she's not busy doing other things. So you could have two capture attempts each night, one through the Villain Interface, and one with Mercy. Mercy's attempt could be an 'insta-capture' and if she fails, then you'd have to use the Villain Interface routine, which MIGHT NOT be an insta-capture situation, i.e. you'd have to wait until the next night to see the result of that other attempt.

If this 'try and try again thing' was a thing, obviously Mercy's chances would be a bit lower (as they usually are) but since Mercy capture attempts are 'free'... well other than the cost of the Lexcon device....

That and a bonus against Kryptonians (Kara, possibly Power Girl if PG is added), 'cuz she has access to Lex's stuff...

Thoughts?

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
OK, new question for the collective, while I'm assembling the heist code...

As a reminder, here's my temporary capture routine popup screen, where Mercy is currently doing captures:

That 'wait until next night to see results of heists/captures' thing. Setting that up in code is something that's certainly doable, but of course this adds another click or two to the 'advance to next night' routine.

'Insta-heist' results are easier to code, and seeing that you are 'on that screen' already setting up the heist, well showing the results there just kind of makes sense, role-playing aspects, i.e. the anticipation of having to wait to see what happened, aside.

I've also been pondering a couple of interesting options for Mercy. Essentially, a 'trait' for Mercy could be 'dogged determination' where if she fails in a capture attempt, she will try again the next night, with a +10% cumulative bonus (+30 total if she ends up trying four or more times).

This could also be a heists thing, IF Mercy is involved. I also thought about adding a 'spend one or more days casing out the target' where Mercy accumulates a bonus depending on how many days you have her waiting to pounce. This is a bit trickier to code (i.e. how to add the buttons for the 'study the target first for higher chance' buttons.

So I come back to the first idea, i.e. accumulating bonus if capture/heist attempt fails, but ONLY for Mercy, 'cuz she's on the 'permanent' payroll and that's her thing.

Another idea is to allow Mercy to make her own capture attempt each night, IF she's not busy doing other things. So you could have two capture attempts each night, one through the Villain Interface, and one with Mercy. Mercy's attempt could be an 'insta-capture' and if she fails, then you'd have to use the Villain Interface routine, which MIGHT NOT be an insta-capture situation, i.e. you'd have to wait until the next night to see the result of that other attempt.

If this 'try and try again thing' was a thing, obviously Mercy's chances would be a bit lower (as they usually are) but since Mercy capture attempts are 'free'... well other than the cost of the Lexcon device....

That and a bonus against Kryptonians (Kara, possibly Power Girl if PG is added), 'cuz she has access to Lex's stuff...

Thoughts?
The Mercy retry thing sounds good and should probably apply to heists as well.

As far as instant capture/heists, I get that it’s easier to implement, but I don’t think it’s a great idea. In the grand scheme of things I don’t think it matters either way, but I think it makes more sense for it to not to complete immediately

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jimwalrus and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Slowly making progress...

Also, strange bedfellows!

SUReImaginedHeistScreenWIP2.jpg

Essentially this is an 'ingame' shot. The Point and Flank picker is working, I just need to add the descriptive text below Bizarro's profile pic that enumerates the bonuses in play, and add the 'Set Heist' button, which will lock out any further changes to said heist until the heist is completed later that evening.

The favored stat thing has been detailed before in this thread. Essentially, I'm thinking that the 'Point' stat will get 2x the point man's stat level in that stat and 1x the flank man's stat level added to the chance of success, plus the 'Flank' stat will get 2x the flank man's stat level and 1x the point man's stat level added to the chance of success. That's my current idea anyways.

Note that the window background pic will automatically change to whichever background pic is assigned to that heist.

In any case, yep making progress!
:p

herobrine69

Jun 7, 2020
Question: would the unlockable hireable villains (Jinx, Lobo, Metallo, Ivy, etc) be avalible from the start or would there need to be a trigger to unlock them? Thanks!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Question: would the unlockable hireable villains (Jinx, Lobo, Metallo, Ivy, etc) be avalible from the start or would there need to be a trigger to unlock them? Thanks!
Well, Ideally there would be triggers for that. In SU Unity, the prison event is the 'trigger' that unlocks a few of them.

Of course, it'll be a bit before we get that far, so a 'simpler' trigger may be put into place to make them available, until the Prison event is tackled by someone.

I may just use completion of the Grodd Tech heists for the 'Prison' trigger, perhaps with a much simplified event - i.e. a quick dialogue note that Lex is apprehended, but then subsequently freed thanks to Tala's legal efforts.

As for Lobo, his trigger is of course spending some quality sexy fun time with Hawkgirl, Supergirl and Wonder Woman in the Meta Bordello, which is a much simpler event, but of course the appropriate scenes will need to be coded in first.

Some of them are also unlocked by the Yacht event, which again would need to be coded first. Note that I've added a Yacht icon to the city harbor, and have plans for that once the team manages to get a bunch of other stuff into place.

Kain2358

Mar 30, 2019
Slowly making progress...

Also, strange bedfellows!

View attachment 2402341

Essentially this is an 'ingame' shot. The Point and Flank picker is working, I just need to add the descriptive text below Bizarro's profile pic that enumerates the bonuses in play, and add the 'Set Heist' button, which will lock out any further changes to said heist until the heist is completed later that evening.

The favored stat thing has been detailed before in this thread. Essentially, I'm thinking that the 'Point' stat will get 2x the point man's stat level in that stat and 1x the flank man's stat level added to the chance of success, plus the 'Flank' stat will get 2x the flank man's stat level and 1x the point man's stat level added to the chance of success. That's my current idea anyways.

Note that the window background pic will automatically change to whichever background pic is assigned to that heist.

In any case, yep making progress!
:p
I would like the "available heists line" to eventually show only the currently doable heists.
There is no need to have an icon displayed for a heist that Lex is (for story reasons) not able to do yet. You could "grey out" the unavailable ones, but I would like them completely gone to possibly get rid of the slider. The best option would be for the slider to appear only when it is needed - when there are so many heists available simultaneously, that they can't fit on the screen.
I have no idea how hard it would be to code that, tho.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I would like the "available heists line" to eventually show only the currently doable heists.
There is no need to have an icon displayed for a heist that Lex is (for story reasons) not able to do yet. You could "grey out" the unavailable ones, but I would like them completely gone to possibly get rid of the slider. The best option would be for the slider to appear only when it is needed - when there are so many heists available simultaneously, that they can't fit on the screen.
I have no idea how hard it would be to code that, tho.
This is already coded. Right now I'm just displaying seven of the heists for testing purposes, but once the 'triggers' for the heists are set up, each heist will have an 'if' check that will only show that heist if the heist trigger is active.

All non-cash heists are tied to conversations that need to be added to the game first.

So yeah, I'm 100% with you here, and it's already 'good to go' in the next build, although for now you won't see all of the heists and the ones that you will see will be mainly for testing purposes.

Most of the time in a 'normal' game, you probably won't even need a scrollbar for the heist picker as it'll be somewhat rare to have more than four active heists plus the two cash heists, if the player is focusing on trying to capture the various gals.

Here's a current screenshot of where I'm at with the Heists screen:

SU_ReImagined_HeistsWIP3.jpg

Note that I've implemented the '0% chance' if Mercy and Tala are paired. Part of me wants to give them say a 17% chance of pulling off the small cash heist (i.e. negate the base chance), but since both are 'free' the 0% chance is a game balance thing, so I get it.

Anyways, once the 'capture trigger conversations' are added, you'll only see the Small Cash Heist and Large Cash Heist icon at the beginning of the game, with the other icons only showing up once those heists are 'enabled'. Once you've fully completed those heists (some heists require you to repeat them multiple times to get all of the parts), the icons will go away again.

I'm about to set up the 'end of night heist results' screen. The variables are in place, I just need to make the associated Success/Failure screens.

I plan to have the end of night Heist and Capture screens appear side by side if both are in play, so that players won't have to click twice just to see both results. Less clicking = more focus on the story, less grind!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Much as I like the idea of a diner having $200,000k+ on hand for heists...

SU_ReImagined_SmallHeist.jpg

I have the 'end of night results' screen partially set up, I'm tweaking the screen background art now.

Reactions: Morkar

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
And the Failure screen...

SU_ReImagined_CashHeist_Fai.jpg

So, essentially, if you have enough cash on hand to cover the retainer, you will be given the option to repeat the heist with the same Point and Flank people. If you choose 'Yes', you will NOT need to re-assign the heist, it will remain 'set'.

The idea here is that when Lex hires henchmen to do a job, they are expected to complete said job!

Successful heists will still result in the henchmen involved (if not Mercy or Tala) being removed from your henchmen pool, as per SU Unity.

I'll probably code this as an optional rule down the road, but in the meantime, this will allow me to more quickly test the cash amounts acquired with successful heists a bit more easily, to see if I have the ranges right or not... I currently have a 'percentage modifier' being applied that is based on the heist_chance, which may be above 95% for this calculation if you've assigned higher tier henchmen, which means that more powerful henchmen will rake in more cash on average, which helps offset their hiring costs a bit.

I'm planning on doing some stuff with threat level after I get some other things working smoothly, the idea here that each time you perform a heist or capture, your threat level will go up, and 'taking a break' from heists and captures will slowly reduce the threat level. This will discourage a bunch of back to back cash heists and such...

Some other ideas r.e. threat level have been discussed previously in this thread, including assigning Henchmen to help fight crime to help lower threat levels. I'm actually pondering having a 'crime level' stat as well as a threat level stat. Threat Level would be more directly tied to Lex directly, while higher crime levels would lower GS/MB/Lexcorp income...

I need to do a bit more work here, and may decide to tackle 'normal' captures as well before I upload another release.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Special thanks to Sinner87 for putting together the Power Girl sprites!

SU_ReImagined_PowerGirl.jpg

A few 'reversed' sprites down the road so that the cape is still on the left shoulder is probably something that'd be nice, but in the meantime, Power Girl is IN THE NEXT BUILD!!!

Note that you'll need to start a new demo (still not calling it a game, lots of content still missing) to capture her. No GS/MB/Cell scenes YET, but we'll get there.

We'll also need a suitable backstory r.e. how Power Girl ends up in Metropolis on Earth 69...

Morkar

Aug 9, 2016
Power girl backstory

you make Tala create a spell to lure supergirl into a trap to capture her but it somehow goes awry and lures "super girl" but from an alternate reality

Thus, the mechanics of crimes can be used for the ritual more times

or

Power Girl is a survivor of an alternate earth and in exchange for saving her before her universe is destroyed, she makes a deal with Lex (what she doesn't know is that the deal includes a control device and erotic results Xd ) and using Zatanna's powers a portal is created to make her cross to land 69 to "work" for lex

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quick progress report.

So cash heists are working. Technically the other shown heists are pretty much working too, but they aren't 'doing' anything currently. I'm still working out the random math, I'm kind of happy with it, I just need to decide if having a 'net loss' when factoring in hiring costs occasionally, but having really big paydays occasionally which would offset the lesser heists is something I want to keep, that's how it's working now in my build...

Anyways, yeah I thought about doing a release yesterday, but decided to push ahead with the contracts screen instead. Here's where I'm at right now:

SU_ReImagined_ContractScreen1.jpg

I'm working on coding the capture results screen atm. I have the capture and heist results screen set up so that they can appear side by side. The coding needed for this is a bit involved, but I'm on it. Essentially...

SU_ReImagined_TaskResultsWIP.jpg

That space in the lower middle, I'm thinking of putting a threat level meter there, as well as maybe a 'dismiss' button if both screens are in play.

The idea, as I've said before, is that with every capture and heist attempt (successful or no), the threat level will rise, and letting things 'cool off' on a given night (not scheduling any capture or heist attempts) will lower the threat level a bit.

Of course, then the question is, what happens when the threat level gets really high, but one thing at a time. I need to get this screen built and have a number of other areas that need attention first.

So getting there, slowly...

Back to it!
o_O

Reactions: Bicba and vireker

Doc_Odd

Jun 15, 2017
I liked Galatea and her bioengineered origin in the original, so if Power Girl is to be Galatea with a different origin, I disapprove. If they're both going to be in the game, like the two Harley Quinns, then I guess the more the merrier.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I liked Galatea and her bioengineered origin in the original, so if Power Girl is to be Galatea with a different origin, I disapprove. If they're both going to be in the game, like the two Harley Quinns, then I guess the more the merrier.
I'm not up to speed on the Karen Starr Powergirl backstory (I just watch the animated and other shows, I haven't read the comics), but the idea is that Power Girl will 'be summoned' or 'gate in' from another reality. Galatea's origin is via a 'Clone Tank' in Lex's lab on Earth 69 (i.e. in the SU setting), and no changes to Galatea's 'origin' in SU are planned.

So PG (from Earth 2 or wherever) and SU Galatea will be meeting for the first time in SU ReImagined at some point.

The thought here is that Power Girl will be given the 'Heroine' treatment, so she'll be put to work as a performer in the GS/MB, which will of course mean that associated scene sprites will need to be created/modified.

My personal goal of course is an eventual 'Four Way Reverse Gangbang' with PG, Supergirl, Galatea and Lex (maybe throwing in Babs just for fun/Five Way), the associated scenes created via creative types in the Sprite Re-Mix/Fanart thread, but that's down the road. For now, the goal is to add in a few new Heroines, etc. here and there as associated sprites are created/become available.

Sinner87 and I have been discussing PG possibly getting boob enhancements as a story element at some point while she's staying in the Lexcorp quarters...

Katma Tui will be next of course, but right now I'm focused on other things so requesting/cobbling together a set of Katma Tui sprites is on the backburner atm. Sinner87 is working on Power Girl sprites in the meantime, and eventually the associated scenes/dialogue will need to be tackled for those...

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote