[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

stato44

Dec 1, 2018
OK, so still looking for feedback r.e. what I did with the Legion Hideout Interface screen from those that have tested it in the latest build (0.23a)

Note that this won't 'replace' the Legion interactions completely, and there is a 'check point' before this screen will be called to see if there's an event at the Legion first (say Joker looking for some chemicals...). Said events haven't been coded yet of course, but when we get that far, yeah there's a methodology in place so that you can't just 'bypass' said events when you click the 'Access Legion Management Interface' button.

And note that you can access the Legion Interface via the City Map, or after entering the Legion Hideout, or directly via the 'the next night has begun' long ass menu...

Anyways yeah, does the Legion Interface layout feel intuitive enough? Other thoughts?

I'm working on the Security subscreen now...

View attachment 2420926

The plan is to show the current henchman bonuses in the area above the four location thumbnails, and add some buttons to assign or unassign/fire henchmen from each post.

Of course, when a Villain(ess) is assigned to a location, that henchman's thumbnail pic will be added on top of the location thumbnail, similarly to the other sub-screens, and the current bonus will be shown on top of the red shadow box in the lower right corner of the thumbnail.

Not sure what I'm going to do with the area underneath the 'current henchman' profile pic on this subscreen yet, since the assign/unassign buttons will be on top of the associated location thumbnails... Income bonuses are specific to the locations.

Quick note. I've mentioned before that (in my mind) Lex is behind the 'leash walk' video uploads and hence is earning a little bit of income from streaming those leash walks. I'm thinking that gals assigned to Lex's room will be spending time on their tablet/laptop/smartphone in the chat rooms and such that discuss said videos when not entertaining Lex, so their income bonus (if any) will increase said streaming income... That's my justification/idea anyways!

Also, Day 69 is totally a coincidence, I didn't plan that... it's just where I left off when I saved my current playtest session earlier, but hadn't noticed what day I had ended/saved at until I was saving my screenshot in Photoshop...
:p
I've just spent a few hours playing the latest version & first of all I have to say thank you the work you've done so far it's amazing.

I started a brand new game & have tried to select every option in an effort to search for bugs, so far I have captured batgirl, huntress & black canary, unlocked the first stripper option in the glamour slam. The only bugs I have found so far are:

After Tala dances she is naked but when I select the costume option the game returns to menu.

Error on the first screen when huntress is stripping at the glamour slam.

Will keep playing/ testing & let you know if I find anything else.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I've just spent a few hours playing the latest version & first of all I have to say thank you the work you've done so far it's amazing.

I started a brand new game & have tried to select every option in an effort to search for bugs, so far I have captured batgirl, huntress & black canary, unlocked the first stripper option in the glamour slam. The only bugs I have found so far are:

After Tala dances she is naked but when I select the costume option the game returns to menu.

Error on the first screen when huntress is stripping at the glamour slam.

Will keep playing/ testing & let you know if I find anything else.
Thanks for the traceback. That will make it easier to fix the eroplay sequence.

As for the Tala error, not surprised, that's a 'leftover' from porting an older ReBuilt build into ReImagined, that I'll get to someday if xMendoza doesn't get there first...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
stato44,

Replace glamourslam.rpy with this file (see attached), and let me know if it fixes your issue. You can hit shift + r (Capital R) to auto-reload in your current game, and it'll reference the updated .rpy file.

Silly me, referencing eroplay during a stripper performance...
:rolleyes:

stato44

Dec 1, 2018
stato44,

Replace glamourslam.rpy with this file (see attached), and let me know if it fixes your issue. You can hit shift + r (Capital R) to auto-reload in your current game, and it'll reference the updated .rpy file.

Silly me, referencing eroplay during a stripper performance...
:rolleyes:
That fixed it

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, stupid question time...

R.E. assigning henchmen to Lex's bedroom...

Since Lex likes girls, should I just lock out assigning male henchmen to Lex's room? I AM aware of the Toyman dialogue on this subject in SU, but then this begs the question, why allow this in the first place if Lex only sleeps with girls?

Reactions: EatBootyIDo

Ozymandias

Jan 19, 2017
OK, stupid question time...

R.E. assigning henchmen to Lex's bedroom...

Since Lex likes girls, should I just lock out assigning male henchmen to Lex's room? I AM aware of the Toyman dialogue on this subject in SU, but then this begs the question, why allow this in the first place if Lex only sleeps with girls?
I'd only keep it if some fun dialogue, or a benefit was added for it (Like a boost on their next heist or capture, or a small but permanent drop in cost on hiring them because you're being friendly with them or something). If not, it's pretty removeable.
I just like the idea of Lex hanging out with the guys and shooting the shit with them.

• Thinking Face

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Sooo... next question!

Various Villain(esse)s have bonuses/penalties to income and threat level.

So, here's where I'm at with the security assignments screen...

SU_ReImagined_LegionSecurityWIP2.jpg

So, using Shade as an example here, he has +10 to income and -5 to threat.

There's a couple of ways that I can interpret this.
- Shade gives a -5 to threat level no matter where he is assigned
or...
- Shade gives a -5 to threat level if assigned to Lexcorp Security only

and either:
- Shade gives a +10 bonus to (all) income no matter where he is assigned
or...
- Shade gives a +10 bonus only to the income of the place he is assigned to, IF that place generates income.

Anwyays, I'm thinking of going with a more 'strict' interpretation here, particularly with income, but an argument can be made that threat level modifiers could be 'spread out' as you'd have Villain(esse)s covering a larger area of the city...

I'd love to hear people's thoughts on this! BTW, the camshow income thing is that new thing that I was mentioning before, that ties in with the GS and Street leash scenes being recorded and streamed by Lex and his henchpeople...

Last edited:

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
Sooo... next question!

Various Villain(esse)s have bonuses/penalties to income and threat level.

So, here's where I'm at with the security assignments screen...

View attachment 2421520

So, using Shade as an example here, he has +10 to income and -5 to threat.

There's a couple of ways that I can interpret this.
- Shade gives a -5 to threat level no matter where he is assigned
or...
- Shade gives a -5 to threat level if assigned to Lexcorp Security only

and either:
- Shade gives a +10 bonus to (all) income no matter where he is assigned
or...
- Shade gives a +10 bonus only to the income of the place he is assigned to, IF that place generates income.

Anwyays, I'm thinking of going with a more 'strict' interpretation here, particularly with income, but an argument can be made that threat level modifiers could be 'spread out' as you'd have Villain(esse)s covering a larger area of the city...

I'd love to hear people's thoughts on this! BTW, the camshow income thing is that new thing that I was mentioning before, that ties in with the GS and Street leash scenes being recorded and streamed by Lex and his henchpeople...
I agree with the strict interpretation of the rules... unless you want to say that things like the MB and GS generate threat, which is plausible.

Having brainwashed super heroes work as strippers and prostitutes under the guise of cosplay could generate threat as it becomes possible that info about this will get out. Especially so when they are of the not brainwashed variety later and they act just like themselves, only much hornier.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just wanted to give a quick shout out to petardo8 for taking a stab at coding some of the Zatanna cell conversations. He seems to have a pretty good handle on setting the scenes up already, and of course more stuff good!

So, short form, in the next update, Zatanna will have some cell content, not sure how much yet, at least a few conversations.

There's also a bit of Lois Lane content that I need to look at

I have tried to code SU ReImagined in such a way that it's, well hopefully, easier for people to come in behind me and add stuff. I don't know how well I'm doing in that regard, but between Cult of Ape, Sinner87 and petardo8, also xMendoza etc., well everyone is slowly chipping away at this thing!

Thanks y'all! I'll keep doing my thing as well (working on the framework mostly)!
:cool:

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
stato44 (and others)...

If you want to take Zatanna's cell conversation scenes for a test drive, I just sent my edits back to petardo8. I'll leave this link up for a bit...

Essentially, just merge this with the girls/Zatanna folder. It'll ask you to replace a few files, those being the ones that petardo8 and I changed.

SU_ReImagined_QuartersZatanna.jpg

I'll edit this post when I decide to delete this. I may have a new build (0.24) to share fairly soon...

Last edited:

bayoassman

Jan 11, 2020
I'd only keep it if some fun dialogue, or a benefit was added for it (Like a boost on their next heist or capture, or a small but permanent drop in cost on hiring them because you're being friendly with them or something). If not, it's pretty removeable.
I just like the idea of Lex hanging out with the guys and shooting the shit with them.
or you could have mmf threesomes with appropriate girls

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so I have a couple of goals this week, now that the Villain Security Posting thing is 'ready to go/working' for the next update.

1) Implement the 'Upgrade' routines for the Legion Hideout, and Quarters expansion. This mainly involves (re)creating the rest of the icons for this, as well as writing/cut-paste-editing a bit of code... Also, implementing the income modifiers for Villain postings to the GS/MB earnings (display modifiers & add to calculations)

2) Costume pickers for the Cells. This will also apply to Roulette and Tala once I finish coding this, I'll just change up the background color and copy/paste the code and edit as needed so that Roulette and Tala can have this spiffy new Costume interface!

Here's where I'm at with the costume picker atm:

SU_REImagined_CostumePicker.jpg

I need to create a couple of button backgrounds for the Hairstyle/etc. pickers. In Zatanna's case here, essentially she just has a 'Hat' switch, so you can see her in her four costumes with or without a hat. I'll also be adding "Naked/not Naked' button options, here, so for conversations at least, you'll get to pick whether Zatanna is wearing a hat or not, and also if she's naked or not (assuming she has stripped for you at least once)...

This same screen will be used for the other girls, with the button switches customized for that girl's hairstyles, etc.. As an example, Supergirl can go with or without the hairband, and with or without eyeshadow, and of course there's the choice of 'To be Naked or NOT to be Naked... or just MOSTLY Naked..."

Some girls (specifically Batgirl) have "Naked Costumes" where a few items from a specific costume are still worn. In Zatanna's case, I'm thinking that this could be a 'mostly nude' option for one of her costumes...

Anyways, yeah the point of THIS screen will be to give people finer control over the costume options. There are costume pickers on the Managment and Profile screens, but if you want to control say if Zatanna is wearing a hat or not, or say if you would prefer Batgirl with a ponytail to having her hair down when talking to her in her cell, well that's what THIS screen is for!

Back to work!
:cool:

Last edited:

stato44

Dec 1, 2018
stato44 (and others)...

If you want to take Zatanna's cell conversation scenes for a test drive, I just sent my edits back to petardo8. I'll leave this link up for a bit...

Essentially, just merge this with the girls/Zatanna folder. It'll ask you to replace a few files, those being the ones that petardo8 and I changed.

View attachment 2422446

I'll edit this post when I decide to delete this. I may have a new build (0.24) to share fairly soon...
So I've continued my testing by again selecting every option I can find, and I think I've found another bug:

On the main map screen when I go to the legion hideout and select the hire, capture etc options the game shows an error message, this doesn't happen all the time and appears to be random.

I've also applied the Zatana patch but can't upgrade her device beyond level 6 so can't get her in her cell.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So I've continued my testing by again selecting every option I can find, and I think I've found another bug:

On the main map screen when I go to the legion hideout and select the hire, capture etc options the game shows an error message, this doesn't happen all the time and appears to be random.

I've also applied the Zatana patch but can't upgrade her device beyond level 6 so can't get her in her cell.

OK, so the Zatanna situation would require you to either start a new game, or open the console (shift + o) and type this:

Zatanna_quarterscontent = True

Then press Enter, then press the esc key to get back to the game.

That will 'bypass' the blocking routine that prevents the other Heroines from being placed in cells, if they don't have any content yet. I implemented that check as it's kind of a big tease to place Heroines in the Lexcorp cells if you can't do anything with them...

As for that legion hideout error message, if you could screenshot it the next time you see it?

One other thing, you'll also need the attached hair for Zatanna (just put this .png in the /girls/Zatanna folder)...

I forgot to save this one when I was resizing the hair...

Last edited:

stato44

Dec 1, 2018
OK, so the Zatanna situation would require you to either start a new game, or open the console (shift + o) and type this:

Zatanna_quarterscontent = True

Then press Enter, then press the esc key to get back to the game.

That will 'bypass' the blocking routine that prevents the other Heroines from being placed in cells, if they don't have any content yet. I implemented that check as it's kind of a big tease to place Heroines in the Lexcorp cells if you can't do anything with them...

As for that legion hideout error message, if you could screenshot it the next time you see it?

One other thing, you'll also need the attached hair for Zatanna (just put this .png in the /girls/Zatanna folder)...

I forgot to save this one when I was resizing the hair...
1677516607652.png

Trying the Zatanna content (used the console command) & getting this graphical glitch during her conversations this happens with all her outfits.

Also getting the following error when selecting dance:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/girls/Zatanna/Zatanna.rpy", line 230, in script
    jump Zatanna_dance
ScriptError: could not find label 'Zatanna_dance'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    jump Zatanna_dance
  File "C:\Users\cwatk\Desktop\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1974, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\Users\cwatk\Desktop\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\renpy\script.py", line 927, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.19044 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
SU Re-Imagined 0.23a
Mon Feb 27 16:52:59 2023
I haven't managed to replicate the legion error, will send you the error code when/if it happens again.

Will try & do more testing tomorrow.

• Yay, new update!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Zatanna_dance isn't coded yet. I probably should have 'looped' the last dialogue for now. Work in progress, my bad, don't blame the new guy, blame me...

As for the hair, can you check the size of your .png (i.e. dimensions x and y). That'd be the zat_Hair4 that I uploaded separately. It SHOULD be 265 x 278... I'm wondering if it's some sort of upload resizing thing...

Also, I REALLY appreciate you taking the time to playtest this sucker!
:D

stato44

Dec 1, 2018
Zatanna_dance isn't coded yet. I probably should have 'looped' the last dialogue for now. Work in progress, my bad, don't blame the new guy, blame me...

As for the hair, can you check the size of your .png (i.e. dimensions x and y). That'd be the zat_Hair4 that I uploaded separately. It SHOULD be 265 x 278... I'm wondering if it's some sort of upload resizing thing...

Also, I REALLY appreciate you taking the time to playtest this sucker!
:D
The hair size was 96 x 100, I resized it to 265 x 278 & it looks fine in game now.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: petardo8 and OhWee

stato44

Dec 1, 2018
View attachment 2423937

Trying the Zatanna content (used the console command) & getting this graphical glitch during her conversations this happens with all her outfits.

Also getting the following error when selecting dance:

Code:

While running game code:
    jump Zatanna_dance

Full traceback:
    jump Zatanna_dance
  File "C:\Users\cwatk\Desktop\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1974, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\Users\cwatk\Desktop\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\renpy\script.py", line 927, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
SU Re-Imagined 0.23a
Mon Feb 27 16:52:59 2023
I haven't managed to replicate the legion error, will send you the error code when/if it happens again.

Will try & do more testing tomorrow.
Managed to replicate the legion error, error code below:

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/legionhideout.rpy", line 144, in script
    call screen hideout()
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 609, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_data.rpy", line 79, in get_selected
    return __get_field(self.object, self.field, self.kind) == self.value
  File "renpy/common/00action_data.rpy", line 39, in _m1_00action_data__get_field
    raise NameError("The {} {} does not exist.".format(kind, name))
NameError: The variable None_task does not exist.

Full traceback:
  File "game/legionhideout.rpy", line 144, in script
    call screen hideout()
  File "C:\Users\cwatk\Desktop\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2232, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Users\cwatk\Desktop\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2220, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\cwatk\Desktop\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 281, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 609, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\cwatk\Desktop\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 3181, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\cwatk\Desktop\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\cwatk\Desktop\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "C:\Users\cwatk\Desktop\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\cwatk\Desktop\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "C:\Users\cwatk\Desktop\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
  File "C:\Users\cwatk\Desktop\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 456, in visit_all
    self.child.visit_all(callback, seen=None)
  [Previous line repeated 5 more times]
  File "C:\Users\cwatk\Desktop\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 584, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Users\cwatk\Desktop\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\cwatk\Desktop\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 968, in per_interact
    if self.is_selected():
  File "C:\Users\cwatk\Desktop\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 956, in is_selected
    return is_selected(self.action)
  File "C:\Users\cwatk\Desktop\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 398, in is_selected
    return any(is_selected(i) for i in action)
  File "C:\Users\cwatk\Desktop\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 398, in <genexpr>
    return any(is_selected(i) for i in action)
  File "C:\Users\cwatk\Desktop\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\SU_ReImagined-0.23a-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 401, in is_selected
    return action.get_selected()
  File "renpy/common/00action_data.rpy", line 79, in get_selected
    return __get_field(self.object, self.field, self.kind) == self.value
  File "renpy/common/00action_data.rpy", line 39, in _m1_00action_data__get_field
    raise NameError("The {} {} does not exist.".format(kind, name))
NameError: The variable None_task does not exist.

Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
SU Re-Imagined 0.23a
Mon Feb 27 21:14:01 2023

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Thanks Stato! Unfortunately, that error report, while giving me an idea of what happened, doesn't point to a specific line. I have an idea (I assign "None" to variables that are supposed to be empty) and there's a check to bypass things 'if == "None", but I probably missed a needed check somewhere.

I don't think a quick play by play of what happened when you saw that check will help, but if you can describe the actions you did before the error popped up. Also, are you able to 'ignore' the error and keep playing?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote