[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

stato44

Dec 1, 2018
Thanks Stato! Unfortunately, that error report, while giving me an idea of what happened, doesn't point to a specific line. I have an idea (I assign "None" to variables that are supposed to be empty) and there's a check to bypass things 'if == "None", but I probably missed a needed check somewhere.

I don't think a quick play by play of what happened when you saw that check will help, but if you can describe the actions you did before the error popped up. Also, are you able to 'ignore' the error and keep playing?
It's a bit difficult to describe, the only time the error happens is when I access the legion by clicking on it on the city screen. The error hasn't occurred when I access the legion from any of the other methods, the error is also very random it can happen one day & then its fine for the next few days. I can't ignore the error I just use rollback & enter the legion a different way.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so I finally detailed a few things that are or will be going on stat wise 'under the hood' in one of my formerly 'reserved' posts for SU ReImagined here:

https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-su...munity-development-thread.144779/post-9852536

I noted that I had the income levels for the Meta Bordello set incorrectly (in some cases they were actually lower than the GS income as I had increased GS income in my own playtesting efforts...) so that will be fixed in the next update. In the meantime, attached is the gsmb_recordkeeping.rpy file with the latest changes:

Feedback on such things is of course very much appreciated!

Carry on!
:cool:

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
just learned about this and this is cool af. I love the improved menu and it seems like some phone mechanics and pictures sent to lex by other girls will be added? I'm not sure if there is anything else that's completely new not reimagined but new outfits would be very cool. I don't know shit about development and unfortunately i can't help much but I applaud everyone involved in the project.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
just learned about this and this is cool af. I love the improved menu and it seems like some phone mechanics and pictures sent to lex by other girls will be added? I'm not sure if there is anything else that's completely new not reimagined but new outfits would be very cool. I don't know shit about development and unfortunately i can't help much but I applaud everyone involved in the project.
The 'phone' thing is mainly there currently to set up a 'premise' for the rotating wallpapers that appear in the 'end of night' routines on Lex's computer screen, but we certainly could add 'phone' interactions in the future.

And new outfits/content/sprites that aren't from the core game but are added to ReImagined are already sorta kinda happening. Note the addition of Power Girl...

But yeah, I like the idea of Lex getting phone calls every so often. Of course, then we'd have to create 'lex talking on his smartphone' sprites. Or maybe Lex doesn't carry a smartphone so that he can't be tracked, but he has his Lexcon interface tablet with him at all times, and people can message him through his tablet...

In any case, yeah cool idea!

stato44

Dec 1, 2018
It's a bit difficult to describe, the only time the error happens is when I access the legion by clicking on it on the city screen. The error hasn't occurred when I access the legion from any of the other methods, the error is also very random it can happen one day & then its fine for the next few days. I can't ignore the error I just use rollback & enter the legion a different way.
So I think I've completed my playthrough of the demo & haven't found any more bugs, here's what I've done:

All girls captured and devices upgraded
Glamour slam fully upgraded
All girls scenes in glamour slam (where incorporated are working)
All payouts from the glamour slam seem to be working
Meta bordello fully upgraded
All payouts from meta bordello seem to be working
All night time reports from roulette & catwoman are working
All night time options e.g. manage girls, take the night off & head outside are working
All villans are hireable & money heists are working, the other heists aren't working but I think you said these aren't working yet.

If I've missed anything or you want me to test anything else let me know.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So I think I've completed my playthrough of the demo & haven't found any more bugs, here's what I've done:

All girls captured and devices upgraded
Glamour slam fully upgraded
All girls scenes in glamour slam (where incorporated are working)
All payouts from the glamour slam seem to be working
Meta bordello fully upgraded
All payouts from meta bordello seem to be working
All night time reports from roulette & catwoman are working
All night time options e.g. manage girls, take the night off & head outside are working
All villans are hireable & money heists are working, the other heists aren't working but I think you said these aren't working yet.

If I've missed anything or you want me to test anything else let me know.
Thanks for helping out!

Yeah the other heists need to have the associated heroine routines, i.e. Tala/Roulette conversatons coded, and the 'acquire device' triggers also set up, and that hasn't happened yet...

On my end:

1) I just implemented a threat level system. Essentially heists and captures will add to threat level, threat level is reduced slightly each day, more if you have the appropriate henchmen assigned to security in the four locations. Essentially if your threat level goes to 500 or higher, you are locked out from scheduling any more heists and captures until the threat level drops below 500. Mercy insta-captures aren't covered by this yet, I need to add a code check for that still...

2) Henchmen can be assigned to posts now and their modifiers are applied appropriately.

3) The management screen now displays the posted henchmen (if posted) and their modifiers, as well as the combined income modifier, is also displayed.

4) Zatanna's cell progression is still being worked on by petardo8, so there should be more Zatanna content in the next update, assuming that more content is sent my way. There's also a tiny bit of Lois Lane content that I may include in the next update should I decide to try to set up the threat level triggers for Lois...

- My next goal is to get Legion Hideout upgrades working, as well as Tala Shop upgrades.

_ Then I need to get back to working on the costume picker.

- I reduced the chances of successful cash heists by 10% each.

Assuming that everything goes well, I may have a new update to share by the weekend!

And if the SU Unity update drops, well I'm sure I can guess what a lot of us will be doing...
:p

Once this next update drops, then we can focus more on adding more lewd scene stuff, since that's what most of the people here look for anyways! I'll probably tackle the Meta Bordello scenes next week maybe...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, a quick followup on Mercy's current role in SU ReImagined, and the Threat Level system...

So I've implmented the beginnings of a threat level system...

SU_ReImagined_BizarroMercyThreat.jpg

Right now successful heists add 50 to threat level, unsuccessful ones 25, successful captures add 40, unsuccessful capture attempts add 20.

Each night, threat is then reduced by 20 points plus threat level adjustments from all four assignments (positive or negative). Also note that a henchman's threat level adjustment is applied to successful captures and heists.

So a few henchmen are more stealthy in this regard (say Sinestro with a -5 thread modifier) while others are... not. Bizarro is the king of (cash) heists (Tier 3, Strength 6, +10 to heists), but he adds +10 to the threat level every time his team completes a heist...

Note that the threat level caps out at 500 (the value can still go higher, the 'threat meter is capped at 500 though), at which point, right now anyways, captures and heists are 'locked out' until the threat level drops below 500.

I want to nuance this later, say after the threat level reaches certain thresholds stuff happens... This means that you can do a 'mad dash' in the early game to rake in more cash to upgrade stuff and capture gals sooner, but at some point you'll have to start taking days off from heists and captures to let things cool down.

Mercy's insta-captures currently do not fall under this umbrella, which could be an interesting offset for said capture attempts generally having lower chances of success (also need to fine tune this...).

Mercy is kind of the 'unsung MVP' at this point. Her 'insta-capture' ability is cool (possibly allowing two captures in the same night), although lower odds, and she gets +10 to heists, and she's 'free'. So pairing her with another henchman on a cash heist means cheaper retainer costs if the heist fails. Mercy + Bizarro on cash heists are an awesome combo, just sayin... Note that Mercy can still only do one thing (insta capture or capture/help with a heist) each night. Personally, I like this 'different take' on Mercy! She's MUCH more useful now.

I have reduced the base chances slightly for cash heists (30 small cash, 10 large cash), as it felt a little TOO easy at 40/20. Assigning a Tier 3 to a cash heist is still awesome, and pairing them with a Tier 1/2 still usually pushes the large cash heist odds above 95% (Bizarro + Shade or Livewire, just sayin...), but of course the hiring costs offset whatever cash they make off with... and with a 95% max chance, yeah heists do still fail...

Note that odds over 95% still have an effect, as the 'base reward' is multiplied by an adjustment based on the heist chance. Here's the 'current math' formula:
Code:
            if current_heist == "smallcash":
                $heist_diceresult2 = renpy.random.randint(1,100000) + 100000
                $heist_earnings = int(heist_diceresult2 * ((heist_chance2 * .008) + 1.2))
            if current_heist == "largecash":
                $heist_diceresult2 = renpy.random.randint(1,100000) + 100000
                $heist_earnings = int(heist_diceresult2 * ((heist_chance2 * .012) + 1.8))
BTW, the +1.2/+1.8 thing is intended to help provide a bit of a 'floor' for lower chance heists if that makes sense.

So, to translate:
100,001 to 200,000 'base roll'
Multiplied by:
Heist chance * .008 or .012, so if it's 94%, that'd be .752, add 1.2 you get 1.952, or nearly doubling the base roll.
A large heist at 118% (10% base chance + Bizarro + Livewire), that'd be 1.416 + 1.8 = 3.216, or over tripling the base roll.

Or, to put this another way:

Bizarro + Livewire (118%, 95 max chance of success)
100,001 * 3.216 = $321,603
200,000 * 3.216 = $643,200

If it's Bizarro + Mercy on a Large Cash Heist (93%):
100,001 * 2.916 = 291, 603
200,000 * 2.916 = 583,200

Some large paydays can be pretty exciting with the right pairings (over 600,000), while others will be just over the break-even point depending on who you hired and how the dice rolls come out.

So under the current system, assigning a 'paid' second to cash heist isn't really cost effective in the upper ranges, but you might want to do this anyways if you've already hired said second and need to increase the amount of cash you earn from that heist to push your cash total over the top to meet your 'get that upgrade started on Sunday so that you don't miss the Friday crowd' goal, and will maximize your chances of a successful heist (95%)...

This being a playtesting situation and all, though we can of course experiment with different approaches/number ranges for this, if anyone has their own suggestions!

If you want to adjust these numbers yourself to play with the odds, look in script.rpy around line 685...

Back to Mercy, though. I like the idea of her being an 'unsung' MVP with her current positioning in this demo. Her base odds of doing anything aren't all that great, but pair her with someone on a heist, plus that 'insta-capture' thing (note that she can only do one of those things on a given night)...

What are y'alls thoughts on all this?

Edit: Random Giganta pic...

SUReImagined_GigantaContract.jpg

Ignore the capture chance, it's normally higher...

It always annoyed me when Giganta's head was cropped out of frame, I love playing up her height! Sure, it's not shown here at her 'full height' of 250 feet, but she's still taller than Lex!

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
(basically daily at this point) Progress Report!

Lining 'em up and knockin' 'em down!

Legion Upgrades:
- Done, Tier 2 and 3 henchmen now locked out until you upgrade (as per SU Unity).

Living Quarters More Rooms Upgrades:
- Done. No need for this yet, but it needed to get done eventually and I'm in the mood to wrap up the upgrades stuff.

SU_ReImagined_BaneConstruction.png

Talashop Upgrades:
- I still need to tackle this, probably next. Done!

Meta Bordello Upgrades:
- This can be done through the Management screen, still need to set up the 'usual/old' way via choice menus.

Assign Villains to security stations/Lex's bedroom:
- Almost completely done a few days ago, but no one else has seen this yet. Henchman bonuses ARE shown/working and being applied ingame when relevant. Males are locked out of Lex's bedroom for now...
*note to self: add threat level modifiers to security picker thumbs...

SUReImagined_MGMTHenchBonus.png

Threat Level:
- Been explained already, but barebones is done. Lois's 'warning' and 'capture' events will need to be tied to this (i.e. if Threat Level < some number, Lois gets nosy...)

Other heists, removing associated gals from 'auto target' list, set up 'add to target list when heist is complete' stuff:
- Not done, need to code associated conversations first. This seems like something that would be right down xMendoza's alley...

Add Lois Lane content:
- A couple of cell scenes have been coded, but the 'nosy/capture' dialogues need to be set up.

Add optional rule to allow up to 3 cell interactions per day:
*credit to petardo8 for this idea!
- Need to set this up. The idea here is that, similar to how the Private Rooms work in SU Unity, you can perform up to 3 interactions per day in each cell, although some activities will 'soak up' all three interactions (mainly the initial conversations).

Interactive costume picker for Lexcorp Quarters:
- Partially done. Will have this ready to go in next update.

More Zatanna Quarters content:
- Being worked on.

---

ETA for Version 0.24 Proof of Concept demo:
Sometime in the next couple of days probably.
Not intending to 'race' with the upcoming SU Unity release, but some people might think that this appears to be a race of sorts... it's not, really!
The 'team' here is very anxious for the next SU Unity update as well!

;)

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
The main purpose of this text is flavor and also to set up the next dialogue, which is the 'you don't have enough money' or 'here is what you are buying, do you wish to perform this upgrade' text.

As for the borderline 'wall of text', I like to reduce 'click thru' when I can, as having to click through 5-6 dialogue boxes to perform an upgrade, hire a henchmen, etc. is just annoying.

This is the same general 'script' that I use for all of the upgrades, i.e. showing the money available to the player so that they can ponder if they feel like they can spare the cash right now, i.e. they may have other things to purchase in mind as well.

It always frustrates me when games ask you to buy something, without showing you how much money you have (pet peeve). And other similar situations, which is why I try to display dates, cash, etc. whenever it's relevant if I have the space available.

Hopefully without being too distracting. The other option here would be an upgrade screen, but it just isn't needed in this case, as the player has already clicked on the upgrade button so best to spell out what they are buying at that point IMHO. While maintaining the 'illusion' of having conversations, etc.

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
Seems easy enough to do cell scenes, how would I go about getting all of the images for one of the other girls to start working on them?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Seems easy enough to do cell scenes, how would I go about getting all of the images for one of the other girls to start working on them?
Where's that post(s) in the re-mix thread...

https://f95zone.to/threads/something-unlimited-sprite-re-mix-and-fanart-thread.118041/post-10157482

Quick explanation about what AssetStudio is. That's what most of us use to extract the sprites from SU Unity.

So far, we have people working on Supergirl and Zatanna, with a bit of Batgirl and a tiny bit of Lois Lane content incorporated. Zatanna is probably the furthest along at this point. Oh, and someone is working on Power Girl content!

You can pretty much pick whomever interests you most, but the girls that become available earlier in SU should be favored. At some point, someone probably should tackle one or both Harleys...

There's also a couple of other areas that need attention, I've been focusing on getting the backbone in place, which is looking pretty good at the moment...

So yeah, any faves that you want to tackle?

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
If you are looking for a way to use the yacht, add random nude sunbathing for the villianesses you've hired

• Haha
Reactions: OhWee

petardo8

Apr 10, 2019

https://f95zone.to/threads/something-unlimited-sprite-re-mix-and-fanart-thread.118041/post-10157482

Quick explanation about what AssetStudio is. That's what most of us use to extract the sprites from SU Unity.

So far, we have people working on Supergirl and Zatanna, with a bit of Batgirl and a tiny bit of Lois Lane content incorporated. Zatanna is probably the furthest along at this point. Oh, and someone is working on Power Girl content!

You can pretty much pick whomever interests you most, but the girls that become available earlier in SU should be favored. At some point, someone probably should tackle one or both Harleys...

There's also a couple of other areas that need attention, I've been focusing on getting the backbone in place, which is looking pretty good at the moment...

You should probably put this on one of the reserved posts so they know how to get started.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018

Was thinking of going a bit off the map and doing Stargirl.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
At some point, I should make a 'rescaling' guide, but short form, many of the conversation sprites are scaled to target a 1024 pixel scene height. SU ReImagined has a 1080 pixel height, so I've been upscaling a lot of the conversational sprites by 5% (to 105%). I'm also double checking heights against the DCAU database using this chart:

Edit: blank chart in this post:
https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-su...munity-development-thread.144779/post-9874726

I've already talked about this in the linked post above, it's something to keep in mind as you are working with the sprites.

For other scenes, such as sex scenes, I'd suggest taking advantage of the 1920 x 1080 screen size as best you can, while 'remaining true' to the original presentation.

Carry on!

Last edited:
Reactions: bayoassman
Sep 10, 2022

It would be nice to have some sort of % bar to see which girl has certain quantity of content, like
Batgirl: 1 scene out of 10 coded = 10% done

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
It would be nice to have some sort of % bar to see which girl has certain quantity of content, like
Batgirl: 1 scene out of 10 coded = 10% done
When girlpacks get a bit farther along, that's probably a very nice idea!

Right now we are focusing on the interface stuff, i.e. getting everything to work smoothly, but of course we need girl content to test things as well!

I'd say that Zatanna, Tala and Roulette have the most content, but it's stripping at best atm. The sex scenes may come later, so be patient! People need to code the various scenes first, and it's early days...

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote