[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so here's what I came up with to 'replace' the GS schedule on the profile screen, since the Management Screen now has that covered...

SU_REImagined_VixenProfile.jpg

Note that Vixen hasn't had her quarters content coded yet, so this is just example text for now. The idea here is that as each activity is unlocked in the Quarters (dancing, etc.), that will be noted on this screen. The corruption bar boxes index these activities (note my explanation of corruption in this post), but each gal's progression goes a bit differently, so this will give the player a quick list of what they've achieved so far with that gal.

I'll need to set up the associated 'variable list' for these values to easily reference what activities correspond to the various corruption levels in the various girl.rpy files, but this seems like a good idea to me.

While I'm here, here's a screenshot showing where I added the threat level meter to the Management Screen:

SU_REImagined_Mgmt_ThreatLevelBar.jpg

The 'Rest' button has been replaced by 'Crime Fighting', and the Threat Level meter is in the lower right corner above the nav buttons.

These changes will be incorporated into the next patch or version. I'm still bouncing around adjusting things and addressing things that have been nagging at me...

Last edited:
Reactions: armion82

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
stevejones19

What version are you playing, and is this an existing save or a new game?

If it's an existing save (if you are playing 0.24) open the Ren'Py console (shift + o aka Capital O) and type:
Zatanna_quarterscontent

If it returns as False, type:
Zatanna_quarterscontent = True

Then hit the esc key and you should be able to upgrade Zatanna's device to Level 7 (Unlocked).

Last edited:
Reactions: stevejones19

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
stevejones19

What version are you playing, and is this an existing save or a new game?

If it's an existing save (if you are playing 0.24) open the Ren'Py console (shift + o aka Capital O) and type:
Zatanna_quarterscontent

If it returns as False, type:
Zatanna_quarterscontent = True

Then hit the esc key and you should be able to upgrade Zatanna's device to Level 7 (Unlocked).
There is some bug when you click on Tala's outfits while you are on action screen.
Also a bug after Legion Hideout is upgraded to level4.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
There is some bug when you click on Tala's outfits while you are on action screen.
Also a bug after Legion Hideout is upgraded to level4.
Tala's outfit picker hasn't been tackled yet, so I'm not surprised.

Can you explain the Level 4 Legion Hideout bug? A screenshot of the error screen would help...

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Tala's outfit picker hasn't been tackled yet, so I'm not surprised.

Can you explain the Level 4 Legion Hideout bug? A screenshot of the error screen would help...
Here,after level 4 and trying to capure a girl.Or hire a villain.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Here,after level 4 and trying to capure a girl.Or hire a villain.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Put the attached image in your /game/images/bg folder for now:

It's essentially the same as #3, but I want to tweak this later to make it feel like another upgrade.

Reactions: armion82

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Put the attached image in your /game/images/bg folder for now:

It's essentially the same as #3, but I want to tweak this later to make it feel like another upgrade.
Thanks,that is essential if you still want to use legion hideout.Otherwise you have to keep it to level 3.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Level 4 is necessary as certain villains (Lobo) need to have the Legion Hideout at Level 4 before they can be scheduled for heists, etc. In SU Unity...

Note that I haven't added Lobo to the hire pool as of yet, as the Meta Bordello hasn't been tackled yet, and Lobo needs to fuck Hawkgirl, Supergirl and Wonder Woman before the associated conversations are triggered...

And yes, the #4 pic should have been included, I just missed that in my playtesting, and then fixed it on my end after I had released 0.24 but forgot about duplicating/renaming the pic as I'm in the middle of tackling a bunch of stuff atm.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Level 4 is necessary as certain villains (Lobo) need to have the Legion Hideout at Level 4 before they can be scheduled for heists, etc. In SU Unity...

Note that I haven't added Lobo to the hire pool as of yet, as the Meta Bordello hasn't been tackled yet, and Lobo needs to fuck Hawkgirl, Supergirl and Wonder Woman before the associated conversations are triggered...

And yes, the #4 pic should have been included, I just missed that in my playtesting, and then fixed it on my end after I had released 0.24 but forgot about duplicating/renaming the pic as I'm in the middle of tackling a bunch of stuff atm.
BTW we can get Batgirl,Supergirl and Zatanna cell content.
Zatanna have dance and strip done so far?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Yeah, Zatanna has the most cell content completed so far. Babs and Kara just have conversation content for their cell scenes atm.

Other people are plugging away at the cell scenes, which is very much appreciated, when their time allows so be patient! This is a 'done completely for free' effort so any help is appreciated!

This has allowed me to stay focused on getting stuff working, although I've made a few suggestions r.e. quarters content coding to the associated contributors.

Right now, I'm reworking Tala's sprites and am going through the Tala shop code and re-formatting it so that it matches up better with how quarters content, etc. is being structured, and also to get Tala's costume picker working (again, I 'broke' it a while back). I was about to post this one up in the Spite Re-Mix thread but since I'm here...

Tala_LingerieMagic.jpg

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So I focused on cleaning up the code for Tala's shop today...

SU_ReImagined_TalaOutfits.jpg

Unfortunately, the Red suit isn't actually unlocked yet... so this is just showing functionality. The 'Nude' button for Tala's classic dress will still work though!

Anyways, so yeah Tala's shop should at least allow you to watch her strip in the next update. I may go ahead and 'enable' the other outfit for now, until such time as we get far enough along to tackle the prison (which could be a while...)

My eyes are buggy, so that's enough for today!
o_O

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
If anyone wants to take the changes that I made to talashop.rpy and Tala's reworked sprites for a spin, here's a MEGA link for now. I'll be deleting this in a bit...

talashop.rpy is here (right click/save as)
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/03/2467655_talashop.rpy

Just drag Tala's folder into /game/girls. It'll ask if you want to replace a few files (yes you do). Note that I deleted a bunch of 'older' pics from Tala's folder in favor of the new naming convention, and resaved all of her sprites...

And replace talashop.rpy in the /game folder with the one attached above.

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
I’ve been thinking about how to get the girls working in the GS and MB post cell corruption.

I think there is a way to take advantage of players disinterest in girls once their content is done. My proposal is when players just naturally stop visiting girls after completing cell content that we count the number of days it’s been since Lex visited them. Because the girls only remember their time in the cell and the rules prevent self gratification, they’re going to go a bit stir crazy… so when Lex visits them after enough time has passed without interactions they could become desperate for attention. Well, Lex is a busy guy, but maybe they can do something that’s mutually beneficial. Keeping the girls in cells is hurting his business and it sounds like the girls would like something to do… nothing they don’t want to of course, just a bit of dancing. While the device is amplified for Lex, enough regular people enjoying them will build up and get them a payoff.

Then Lex can basically blackmail them like he does in the cells to perform more tasks, eventually work in the MB again, etc.

You can tailor it to each girl’s particular corruption path. Some are more obstinate than others, some like crowds, others have experience performing. Etc.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I’ve been thinking about how to get the girls working in the GS and MB post cell corruption.

I think there is a way to take advantage of players disinterest in girls once their content is done. My proposal is when players just naturally stop visiting girls after completing cell content that we count the number of days it’s been since Lex visited them. Because the girls only remember their time in the cell and the rules prevent self gratification, they’re going to go a bit stir crazy… so when Lex visits them after enough time has passed without interactions they could become desperate for attention. Well, Lex is a busy guy, but maybe they can do something that’s mutually beneficial. Keeping the girls in cells is hurting his business and it sounds like the girls would like something to do… nothing they don’t want to of course, just a bit of dancing. While the device is amplified for Lex, enough regular people enjoying them will build up and get them a payoff.

Then Lex can basically blackmail them like he does in the cells to perform more tasks, eventually work in the MB again, etc.
Interesting thought!

Device Level 8 is intended for such things, as is the _sexworker variable. Girls with sexworker_set to True can pull 'double duty' in a manner similar to Starfire. Note that you do NOT need to have device level 8 for the sexworker = True to work, but my idea was to introduce another 'cash sink' to chew up a bit of Lex's late game cash, which tends to be huge amounts...

There's already a variable that tracks when a girl was last talked to, girl_talk_day. This variable is currently being used as a 'gatekeeper' variable, to indicate when her cell is 'locked out' for the day, although girl_interactions is now being checked as well.

Anyways, there's also girl_visited. I haven't been using this variable, but it could play into what you had in mind. Essentially, set it to True, and then during the 'end of night' routines, there could be a check to see which girls have this variable set to False. If False, then you could add 1 to a new variable, say girl_lastvisit_daycount. If corruption is above a certain level (say 28), and if girl_lastvisit_daycount > say 7 or 14 or something, the next time Lex enters her cell, the 'I'm so bored' conversations are triggered, which could open the door to Sexworker = True...

Note that Villainesses also have the Sexworker variable included in their .rpy files, in anticipation of future content, assuming someone wants to take the time to create said GS/MB scene artwork...

I have ideas for other cash sinks for Lex as well, such as bringing various parts of his former business empire online (i.e. pay to reactivate various factories or whatever). I also have the idea that instead of the Yacht just happening, that you need to pay to get the yacht out of impound, and then pay more restore it before you can start having Yacht parties. Yacht parties can be scheduled at any time, for a nominal fee of course... which would be ReImagined's approach to the 'repeat Yacht event' routine in SU Unity.

My point is that while the avalanche of cash in the mid-late game may be inevitable, finding ways to put all of that extra cash to use ingame is a dream of mine...

Anyways, yeah interesting idea you have there!
;)

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
I get wanting to balance the economy because game mechanics, but there is a certain on brand nature to Lex racking up swimmable money bins of cash.

But now that I’m thinking about it, random ways to drain cash would be through government corruption and other recurring costs to limit threat increase or potential penalties from getting in trouble. Using the science lab to do random things to decrease girl fatigue or whatever that have continued costs.

Reactions: Jimwalrus and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Slowly making progress... working on getting more of the heists online!

SU_ReImagined_TalaHeistSuccess.jpg

Other than cash heists, this is probably the easiest heist to set up, as all it does is 'enable' Tala's ability to make items. Of course, now I need to add said items and the associated screens to pick and use them...

In other news, I spent yesterday tracking down a couple of issues. Essentially, Unassigned girls weren'g all going home to rest (indexing snafu on my part) and girls assigned to Crime Fighting were becoming Unassigned instead... took me a bit to figure out/find the offending code, but once I figured it out, yep fixed!

I also spent a bit of time on the Threat Level situation. After a bit of tweaking, what I have set up now is that Heist and Capture attempts will now affect the threat meter immediately (the adjustment was 'delayed' before), and also that girls working in the Glamour Slam and Meta Bordello add to threat level, based on their tier and how 'intense' the performance they are giving is. Translation 1-6 (Dancing - Playpen) + their Tier. So Wonder Woman entertaining patrons in the Playpen adds 9 to your Threat Level...

Assigning girls to 'Fighting Crime' will help reduce threat level (Tier * 2 + 1) but they will recover less fatigue than if they are simply resting. Girls resting do not affect threat level. Also note that only girls that are on the 'Recruit List' or already 'Recruited' are factored into the Threat Level adjustments. So if say Starfire's name hasn't come up as a potential target yet, her crime fighting efforts won't help your threat level situation.

In game terms, what this means is that early on, when you don't have a lot of girls working in the GS/MB, it's a bit easier to keep the threat level situation under control, but once both the GS and MB are fully online, with full crews working... well that's what the Lexcorp Security upgrades are for (said upgrades will increase your nightly threat level production from 10 points per night by say 5 points per upgrade level), and yeah you'll want to assign henchmen to security positions that can help lower your threat level. Say for example, Toyman and Sinestro...

Of course, I'm hoping that we can get more girls added besides Powergirl, and I'll be 'retiring' Kitelass eventually once more girls are added. I thought about trying to set up some 'SR7-styled' sprites for Kite Lass, but I need to pick my battles... It's easy peasy for me to render KiteLass (aka Christy Skye) in different poses in Daz Studio, but then I'd need to trace her body and start painting...

But I digress. The other big question is what is the penalty for allowing your threat level to go above 500? Besides not being able to schedule heists and capture attempts until the threat level drops below 500 of course...

I figure that throwing Lois Lane off your trail, and then capturing her should give you a one time reduction (each) to Threat Level, but that'll only help you in the early game, when Threat Level is a little easier to manage.

So yeah, more things that make you go hmmm...
:unsure:

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Slowly making progress... working on getting more of the heists online!

View attachment 2446695

Other than cash heists, this is probably the easiest heist to set up, as all it does is 'enable' Tala's ability to make items. Of course, now I need to add said items and the associated screens to pick and use them...

In other news, I spent yesterday tracking down a couple of issues. Essentially, Unassigned girls weren'g all going home to rest (indexing snafu on my part) and girls assigned to Crime Fighting were becoming Unassigned instead... took me a bit to figure out/find the offending code, but once I figured it out, yep fixed!

I also spent a bit of time on the Threat Level situation. After a bit of tweaking, what I have set up now is that Heist and Capture attempts will now affect the threat meter immediately (the adjustment was 'delayed' before), and also that girls working in the Glamour Slam and Meta Bordello add to threat level, based on their tier and how 'intense' the performance they are giving is. Translation 1-6 (Dancing - Playpen) + their Tier. So Wonder Woman entertaining patrons in the Playpen adds 9 to your Threat Level...

Assigning girls to 'Fighting Crime' will help reduce threat level (Tier * 2 + 1) but they will recover less fatigue than if they are simply resting. Girls resting do not affect threat level. Also note that only girls that are on the 'Recruit List' or already 'Recruited' are factored into the Threat Level adjustments. So if say Starfire's name hasn't come up as a potential target yet, her crime fighting efforts won't help your threat level situation.

In game terms, what this means is that early on, when you don't have a lot of girls working in the GS/MB, it's a bit easier to keep the threat level situation under control, but once both the GS and MB are fully online, with full crews working... well that's what the Lexcorp Security upgrades are for (said upgrades will increase your nightly threat level production from 10 points per night by say 5 points per upgrade level), and yeah you'll want to assign henchmen to security positions that can help lower your threat level. Say for example, Toyman and Sinestro...

Of course, I'm hoping that we can get more girls added besides Powergirl, and I'll be 'retiring' Kitelass eventually once more girls are added. I thought about trying to set up some 'SR7-styled' sprites for Kite Lass, but I need to pick my battles... It's easy peasy for me to render KiteLass (aka Christy Skye) in different poses in Daz Studio, but then I'd need to trace her body and start painting...

But I digress. The other big question is what is the penalty for allowing your threat level to go above 500? Besides not being able to schedule heists and capture attempts until the threat level drops below 500 of course...

I figure that throwing Lois Lane off your trail, and then capturing her should give you a one time reduction (each) to Threat Level, but that'll only help you in the early game, when Threat Level is a little easier to manage.

So yeah, more things that make you go hmmm...
:unsure:
Hey is this normal?
GS is making like 300K per night,but MB 3000K.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hey is this normal?
GS is making like 300K per night,but MB 3000K.
I've adjusted the numbers on my end, and will share the updated numbers in my next patch or update. I noticed that too, a couple of my decimal points were off...

The formula I'm going with in the next update (which have been lowered slightly) are:

Dancing 1500 + (1-750)
Stripping 1800 + (1-900)
Eroplay 2100 + (1 - 1050)
Bordello Chambers 2400 + (1-1200)
Private rooms 2700 + (1-1350)
Playpen 3000 + (1-1500)

These numbers are reduced by fatigue (essentially fatigue level squared 1-10), and multiplied by a tier adjustment of Tier + 2 (so 3-5)

So Tier 3 gals are earning about 67% more than Tier 1 gals, so Playpen income can reach 15,000 + 1-7,500 per gal before adjustments with a Tier 3 gal. With 10 gals working, yeah that can still be a lot of cash...

Note that I reduced the GS level bumps from +11% to + 9%. The MB bumps are still +5 per level over 1. Plus henchman modifiers of course!

Since people probably 'favor' using Tier 3 gals in the top slots when they can, yeah income can still explode. Which is why threat level is going to be a bigger deal going forward. The threat level modifer for each gal that's working (not on-call gals) is:
Slot level 1-6 (Dancing - Playpen) + Tier, so a Tier 3 gal in the playpen adds 9 to your threat level by herself, 'cuz you know people talk...

I'm in the middle of coding the Lexcorp defenses upgrades now. That's about the only thing that the Defenses Subsection will be useful for for now, as it'll be a bit before we get to the point of 'picking personal henchmen' content happens, too many other things to implement first!

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: osanaiko
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote