[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, I probably spent more time on this than I should have at this point, lots of other stuff to do, but for context (this is an early WIP)

SU_ReImagined_DifficultyScreenWIP0.jpg

Essentially, the buttons on the left will set 'base' difficulty level, and the sliders on the right will allow you to fine tune the numbers to your liking. The numbers at the right are currently set at 'par' level.

The idea here is that hardcore playtesters can play with these numbers to see how different adjustments might affect gameplay. Most people that choose 'normal' difficulty on the preceding choice menu that opens this screen won't see this screen at all, but if you choose 'adjust difficulty', you'd see a version of this screen. The numbers being adjusted shouldn't affect anything immediately, you'd just see the fatigue bar 'fill levels' change up or down, and any future heists/captures/nightly income calculations would use the new numbers.

I could also add the option to access this screen again via the Lexcon Interface if there's interest.

But my point here is, the names of the difficulty levels need context with the adjustments to the right.

Reactions: Hentaiw/Senpai

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
DudeMcGuy1477

We should warn you know that there is some guy (not me) that's been looking for an animated Starfire Titjob scene in the SR7 style for a while now... if you know how to 'animate' sprites he'd be a happy man, but of course that's your call.
:p

As for which girls to start with, that's really your call as you are the artist. I'd love to have a set of Katma Tui sprites, and Faora, but really ANY additions would be helpful. Also, as mentioned above, some 'new' sprites of existing gals to fill in a few blanks, or perhaps for new scenes would be nice too.

I started to try to paint Kite Lass (my creation/some gal I put together in Daz Studio) in the SR7 style, until I realized that I need to stay focused on coding for now as painting in Photoshop takes me a WHILE to do. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing Kite Lass at some point in the SR7 style. Right Now Kite Lass's only role in SU ReImagined is to demonstrate that we can add whomever we want, but if the art isn't in the SR7 style, it looks out of place alongside the other gals. That's a dream of mine, which can wait.

So yeah, lots of gals that people would like to see added, so it's up to you r.e. who most interests you.

Reactions: DudeMcGuy1477

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so here's what I have for the 'choose difficulty' screen atm:

SU_ReImagined_DifficultyScreen.jpg

I set this up so that it can be called again later. I may put that in the 'Lexcon Interface' menu or the Cheats submenu, not sure yet.

Essentailly, this will show up if you click "Adjust Difficulty" in the first choice menu at the start of a new game. Existing saves will just use the "Neutral/Normal" difficulty settings, assuming that I did everything right, but may have other issues as some stuff was added and changed since the last update...

Ice Queens did sound pretty cool, but I went with Frigid for now...

In other news, sounds like the new SU Update is finally out, so I expect that a few people will be distracted for a bit once it shows up on F95zone...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Oh fun, more Stargirl content to fiddle with!
I'm so used to the 'new' way of scheduling girls, I don't think that I can go back to drag and drop and bouncing between a bunch of interim screens just to upgrade devices again...
o_O

Let me know how the new SU Update goes guys! Actually, I'll get around to it eventually, I just want to stay focused on ReImagined today. I'd like to drop the next ReImagined update (0.25) tomorrow, in keeping with my 'Friday updates' personal goal.

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
I don’t think I’ve played the last two SU updates. I might fiddle with this just to see how the MB stuff is, but then I’d have to reset devices and shit. I’ll just keep working on this, it’s more fun.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I need to be very careful to not scare off the new potential community artist contributor...

I was going through Tala's first dialogues again, and Tala talks about giving Lex a massage. So naturally I think '"wouldn't it be cool if we had a sprite where Tala is giving Lex a neck rub?"

That sprite would only get used a couple of times though probably... so that'd be a wasted effort in the long run.

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
There is a lot of stuff in the dialogue I think you could just move the characters around on screen to emulate, that for example, I would want to move her behind and slightly higher than usual then just animate here image moving up and down slightly… that would give a lot of life to the scenes…

• Thinking Face

DudeMcGuy1477

May 4, 2020
Right now the top things I feel like I'd want to do are add Catwoman scenes and make spanking scenes for other characters, specifically Wonder Woman and Lois Lane. But I'm more than happy to have a crack at other stuff as well, feel free to throw ideas at me.

• Love

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
We definitely need some Catwoman office sex scenes! Go for it!!! You will make many many people happy!!!

BTW, if you've extracted the sprites from SU (using AssetStudio) already, I'd suggest taking a few minutes to sort the characters into their own individual folders, leaving the backgrounds in the 'unsorted' folder. Some backgrounds get re-used by different gals, so it's easier to spot them if they are in the 'master' folder.

Also, when sorting, I put the animation sequences into subfolders in the relevant girl's folder, so as to not 'clutter' your search for 'normal' sprites.

Reactions: DudeMcGuy1477

DudeMcGuy1477

May 4, 2020
We definitely need some Catwoman office sex scenes! Go for it!!! You will make many many people happy!!!

BTW, if you've extracted the sprites from SU (using AssetStudio) already, I'd suggest taking a few minutes to sort the characters into their own individual folders, leaving the backgrounds in the 'unsorted' folder. Some backgrounds get re-used by different gals, so it's easier to spot them if they are in the 'master' folder.

Also, when sorting, I put the animation sequences into subfolders in the relevant girl's folder, so as to not 'clutter' your search for 'normal' sprites.
I haven't extracted the assets yet, but I will once I get home from work, thanks for the tips!

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018

It's really up to you... sky is the limit and all that! Personally, thing I would consider (and this is just me) is that *hypothetically* one day SR7 will make Catwoman content that could potentially conflict with anything you make, where as the spanking scenes are almost a certainty to never exist in the original game and we can all agree that is a sad oversight that should be remedied. The advantage to catwoman is I doubt there will be much in the way of costume variety, so that limits the scope a lot more.

Anyway, my two cents, looking forward to whatever you decide to try out!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I'm gonna be chilling and waiting for a GALATEA update
It may be a while until someone gets to cloning content (which would include Galatea). In the meantime, more Power Girl content is being worked on atm, so we might eventually see Power Girl cell content...

---

In the meantime, and then there were four...

SU_ReImagined_StargirlQuarters2.jpg

Perniciousducks has been hammering away at Stargirl quarters content, so things are slowly moving along.

Last edited:

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
So far SU Re-Imagined is more of a real game than SU is. SU started off with real game elements but they got scrapped in favor of their "Gotta Catch Them All" format. I still have hope that SunsetRiders will eventually put gaming back into SU.

I really look forward to your regular updates. Thank you

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote