[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, count me in the camp of 'discussions about SU Unity Release schedules belong in the SU Unity game thread'. This thread is about the community port of SU over to Ren'Py, so please stay on topic!

That being said, we all are (im)patiently awaiting upcoming releases of course, 'cuz of all the cool new toys to play with..

Quick progress report!

SU_ReImagined_CheatMenu.jpg

So as I mentioned before, there will be this rudementary cheat menu in the next update. This is accessable by clicking on the Lexcon Interface button in the upper right corner (choose the cheat menu option).

Here's a list of the other things I've been tackling in the last few days.

1) Reworked Tala's shop interactions.
- Most things should now work, or tell you if there isn't content yet.

2) Implemented the 'Tala's Materials CADMUS heist'.
- This doesn't do anything really other than to demonstrate a working non-cash heist.

3) Added a 'Defenses Upgrade' routine to the Lexcorp Defenses section.
- This will reduce the threat level nightly by 11 points per upgrade level (so 44% total if fully upgraded).

4) Various adjustments tweaked for the Threat Meter
- The Threat meter will now move around a bit. Note that as mentioned before Heists and Captures are locked out if the Threat Meter is pegged (500 or more).
- Assigning girls to Crime Fighting can help reduce threat by a small amount: (Tier * 2) + 1 point
- Gals working in the GS/MB will increase your threat level by (as mentioned before) 1-6 points (dancng-playpen) plus the gal's tier...
- Heists and Captures still add to Threat Level, and add a bit more when they are successful...

5) Addressed a decimal point error in the nightly income routines.
- The Meta Bordello was making too much money before (by about a factor of 5-10 times too much), that has been fixed on my end (my bad) for the next update.

6) Mercy's '69% chance of successful small cash heists when paired with certain villains' thing.
- That was a complete coincidence, I assure you, but I like that it's a thing now so there! No plans to add a special 69 scene every time this happens at this time... This was already a thing, just mentioning it for fun.

7) Weird scheduling and fatigue issues
- I've re-written the scheduling record keeping, in an attempt to 'fix' resting/unassigned/fighting crime. Still playtesting this. There was an issue where unassigned gals weren't resting, crime fighting gals ended up resting instead, etc.. and fatigue wasn't always being applied. Not sure if I fixed the fatigue glitch, still playtesting this...

8) Stuff other people are working on.
- As always, any contributions that other people can make is always appreciated. People work at their own pace as their time allows, which is completely understandable, this being a 'done completely for free' effort and all.

- A small bit of Stargirl Cell content coming in next update. Thanks Perniciousducks !
- More Powergirl art being worked on. Thanks Sinner87 !
- Others working on stuff too for future updates.

---

I'm sure there's a couple of things, I've been bouncing around working on a lot of different stuff over the last few days, 'ironing out a few kinks' as it were.

- I may try to get one or more of the 'needed before capturing some superheroine' heists working as well, depending on how my playtesting of other stuff goes. The SU economy and gameplay kind of revolves around these other heists so it is a priority for me, but the other issues mentioned above needed to be tackled.

- One side effect of the current scheduling setup is that it seems to require a bit more attention to daily schedule adjustments than I had intended. I may 'relax' the Fatigue earnings reduction a bit to help offset this need. It wasn't my intention for players to have to move a bunch of girls around each day. A couple of girls maybe, but we don't want to overly penalize the 'set and forget for a bit' approach. So yeah, for min-maxers it's a lot of fun right now, but it's requiring a bit more effort than I intended, so yeah looking at tweaks...

That's it for now! Back to playtesting and coding!
:cool:

Edit: I just set up a few difficulty options...

SU_ReImagined_DifficultyOptions.jpg

So you'll first see an option to go with 'Normal' difficulty or customize your options.

If you choose Customize, you'll be able to set an income adjustment, which will apply to the money the gals make each night in the GS/MB.

Then You'll see the menu above. This one is a bit weird due to my using a 'squared' option to calculate the income reduction. So the 'base' modifier for say Fatigue Level 5 is 25%, but this gets multiplied by an adjustment. So for the new 'Normal' difficulty, this is 1.35.

When Fatigue is 200 or higher, a gal simply will not work. Until then, income is adjusted by (200 - fatiguemodifier), so 5 fatigue at * 1.35 = 33.75... well here's the courtesan formula as an example:
$currentcourtesan_income = int(.01*((2400 + ((renpy.random.randint(1,1200)))) * (currentcourtesan_tier + 2))* (200-current_fatiguelevel))​
- So 2401-3600 base income * tier adjustment. Let's say tier 2 for fun, so quadruple this amount. Let's say 3000 is our roll, so 12000 base...​
- Then multiply by 1.6625... (note the .01 multiplier) = 19,950​
Anyways, the 12+ fatigue thing is essentially when the income deduction exceeds 200. It's slightly more than 12 fatigue when this happens, hence the +.
Also, the 'Sluts in Heat' modifier is of course set to 0.69...
:p

The other thing you'll get the option to adjust is Contract and Heist difficuties. Essentially 0 is the base, and options range from -20 to + 20.

This will allow y'all to play around with the numbers a bit, to see what difficulty adjustments work best for you. Again, this will be in the next update, at which point feedback will be very much appreciated!

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
v0.24 is pretty good so far, things are really starting to come together
I did encounter this graphical error though
View attachment 2451302
HMMM, must have grabbed a 'reduced size' version of that one. It should be 1920x1080, btw it's just one of Krull's wallpapers saved as .jpg to save space.

BTW, you can add any wallpapers you like to the images/wp folder. Just make sure that you size them at 1920 x 1080, save them as .jpgs, and that you continue the naming convention, i.e. wp67, etc.

You can either swap out an existing wallpaper, or edit script.rpy to incorporate any new wallpapers in the series. The line you are looking for is...

if wallpapercount > 65:

Just change 65 to the number of the last wp file in the series. I add new wallpapers to builds regularly, but pretty much only from people that have given me the 'nod' to do so. Remember to use Notepad2/++ or some Ren'Py editor, and save as .rpy (not .txt or whatever).

I may create a 'counter check' that looks at the /wp folder for the number of items in that folder at some point, but yeah lots of other things to tackle first so that's pretty far down the list atm.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK y'all! I've been agonizing over this longer than I should, so I'll throw this out for y'all to make suggestions!

So I'm setting up difficulty levels. The six main tiers I have atm are...

Sluts in Heat
Girls Gone Wild
Flirtatious
Normal - this is the one I'm struggling with the name for...
Harder Baby
Even Harder

Anyways, yeah, Normal looks out of place here. I've pondered Ideal, Average and similar words, but yeah...

I thought about 'Girl Next Door' but that could mean anything depending on how hot and bothered your neighbor is...

So yeah, suggestions here are welcome. The 'button space' isn't very much so Girls Gone Wild will barely fit unless I shrink the font.

I originally was going to go with just choice menu buttons, but slider bars are pretty easy to set up since I already have art that I use elsewhere for that. I just need to set up the associated math so that meaningful numbers for things like fatigue show up. 1.35 won't be particluarly meaningful, but 12 Max Fatigue will...

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
'Sugar Babes' for normal and 'Golddigger' for hardest.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
my thoughts:

Sluts in Heat
Girls Gone Wild
Flirtatious
Currently Single
Boss Babes
Ice Queens
Always That Time of the Month

Length concern options for the last one:
Aunt Flo
Crimson Tide
Red Wedding
Shark Week
Carrie

• Thinking Face

DudeMcGuy1477

May 4, 2020
Hey, I just came across this thread and I haven't read through all of it, so apologies if I'm not up to speed, but I just wanted to mention that I'm a pretty decent digital artist, and I'd love to draw additional girls/scenes for this rebuild if that's possible.

My stuff:

I can mimic SU's/Bruce Timm's art style pretty easily too.

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
Was thinking Ice Queen as well.
'Runaway Brides' ?

I love Always That Time of the Month but yes.. toooo long.
Runaway Brides isn’t bad, maybe instead of boss babes.

I don’t really like the “Harder Baby” and “Even Harder” in the original list as it breaks the theme of the girl’s personality/sexual amenability to simple sex jokes.

I was thinking maybe
“Meta Karen’s”
For the last one also.

• Angry

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hey, I just came across this thread and I haven't read through all of it, so apologies if I'm not up to speed, but I just wanted to mention that I'm a pretty decent digital artist, and I'd love to draw additional girls/scenes for this rebuild if that's possible.

My stuff:

Up to this point, a few of us have attempted to modify SR7's sprites (see the SU Sprite Re-Mix/Fanart thread) but new art could be interesting.

One of the 'goals' of this community effort is to incorporate new content as well as transcribing existing scenes, so as long as you understand that this is an unofficial 'for free' community effort (no one is getting paid) the more the merrier!

DudeMcGuy1477

May 4, 2020
Up to this point, a few of us have attempted to modify SR7's sprites (see the SU Sprite Re-Mix/Fanart thread) but new art could be interesting.

One of the 'goals' of this community effort is to incorporate new content as well as transcribing existing scenes, so as long as you understand that this is an unofficial 'for free' community effort (no one is getting paid) the more the merrier!

Awesome, I know this is for free, I honestly just like the idea of making some sprites and stuff for the game. Is there any original or additional content added to this rebuild so far? Because I have a few ideas on what to add, but I'd like to make sure I don't retread old ground.

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018

My stuff:

Absolutely welcome to the party! I’m doing Stargirl stuff currently, but I’m limited to editing what’s currently available and can’t draw for shit on my own.

Could I ask you for some really small things? Like, right now I’m limited to 3 faces for Stargirl in standard dialogue… (happy, angry, worried) it would be pretty cool if I could get a “sly” and “horny”

If you’re up for it I could message you some stuff about it?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
The "Harder" reference is from some movie that I can't think of. I was thinking maybe Goldeneye, but at some point the girl in the clip in my brain says "Harder" in an eastern European accent i think, could have been a different accent...

My google-fu is weak today, so I can't seem to find which movie I'm channeling that from...

But we can change it. The point is that the girl will have a lower stamina threshold where she automatically 'refuses to work'. Stamina can still go above that number, but that number is the 'full fatigue bar' level.

DudeMcGuy1477

May 4, 2020
Absolutely welcome to the party! I’m doing Stargirl stuff currently, but I’m limited to editing what’s currently available and can’t draw for shit on my own.

Could I ask you for some really small things? Like, right now I’m limited to 3 faces for Stargirl in standard dialogue… (happy, angry, worried) it would be pretty cool if I could get a “sly” and “horny”

If you’re up for it I could message you some stuff about it?
By all means, drop me a PM. It's close to midnight where I am, so I might go offline in a bit, but I'd love to see what you've got.

DudeMcGuy1477

May 4, 2020
If you scroll back a couple pages you can see my mediocre attempt to slutty up her outfits.

I only have the skill to work with what’s there really. Hell, I draw with a mouse in photoshop currently…

Edit:
It’s in a different thread, whoops

https://f95zone.to/threads/something-unlimited-sprite-re-mix-and-fanart-thread.118041/post-10237829
Nice, I'm looking forward to helping you out with your stuff.

Alternatively, has anyone felt it's bullshit how you can only spank the teenage superheroines in SU, and not the arrogant, "powerful" women like Wonder Woman and Lois?

• Haha

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
Nice, I'm looking forward to helping you out with your stuff.

Alternatively, has anyone felt it's bullshit how you can only spank the teenage superheroines in SU, and not the arrogant, "powerful" women like Wonder Woman and Lois?
Yes, we should definitely remedy that. More spank/finger options would be awesome. Variety is the spice of life.

Sep 10, 2022

My stuff:

Great Percy Jackson art, wish there was a game of it here

Sep 10, 2022
Awesome, I know this is for free, I honestly just like the idea of making some sprites and stuff for the game. Is there any original or additional content added to this rebuild so far? Because I have a few ideas on what to add, but I'd like to make sure I don't retread old ground.
I recommend looking the fan-art thread, they have made art of some new girls that have not been added to the game yet, or you could make art based on your own plot-line, perhaps one day someone might code it to the game as new gameplay.

Reactions: DudeMcGuy1477
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote