Tool RenPy Translation tool

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

ktemanuel

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2019
Hello, thanks for using my tool. Probably you made an error with position of your text block. Number of spaces does metters in RenPy.
Try this file, I changed it "on eye". If it does not help, I will try to download the game.
It is actually thanks to you for creating this useful tool for those of us who like to put a game in our language.try the file you attached to me but it gives me error too

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
It is actually thanks to you for creating this useful tool for those of us who like to put a game in our language.try the file you attached to me but it gives me error too
Ok, I downloaded the game and tried it myself. This file works for me.

Reactions: ktemanuel

4ppendix

Feb 4, 2020
1) Is there anything I can do if RenPy doesn't pull out my dialogs?
2) Why do Google-translated games throw errors when I save a pass? In addition, I can't fix them because they don't refer to translation errors, but to script errors. Thanks

ktemanuel

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2019
Ok, I downloaded the game and tried it myself. This file works for me.
thank you very much it works perfect. now when correcting some grammatical errors I get the following error when exporting the corrected translation.

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
1) Is there anything I can do if RenPy doesn't pull out my dialogs?
2) Why do Google-translated games throw errors when I save a pass? In addition, I can't fix them because they don't refer to translation errors, but to script errors. Thanks
1) What do you mean "doesn't pull out"? Please describe, what did you do, and what happens.
2) Do you use the latest version of the tool? Did you get any errors from the tool durring translation?

thank you very much it works perfect. now when correcting some grammatical errors I get the following error when exporting the corrected translation.
You cannot export second time, what was already exported. If you want to correct dialogs, do it before the export. If you have already exported dialogues, and want to correct them, you have to edit .rpy scripts in game.
Did I understand your question correct? If not, plase describe your actions in details please.

Last edited:

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
1) I tried Milfs Villa unofficial port myself, the game has some errors, it failed on start. So that's why RenPy can't generate translations.
2) If tool shows you a message with errors in specific lines after translation, you have to fix them by yourself. Otherwise the game will contain errors, and will crash. Nothin can be done with it, sometimes translators just break text, so only manual correction needed.

ktemanuel

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2019
1) What do you mean "doesn't pull out"? Please describe, what did you do, and what happens.
2) Do you use the latest version of the tool? Did you get any errors from the tool durring translation?

You cannot export second time, what was already exported. If you want to correct dialogs, do it before the export. If you have already exported dialogues, and want to correct them, you have to edit .rpy scripts in game.
Did I understand your question correct? If not, plase describe your actions in details please.
if I understood correctly, that is, would I have to extract the game files again from a clean bakcups and export it again? that would be the process. sorry for my bad English

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
if I understood correctly, that is, would I have to extract the game files again from a clean bakcups and export it again? that would be the process. sorry for my bad English
Yes, if you want to do manual correction:
  • Take a clean game
  • Generate translations using RenPy
  • Translate the game using online translator
  • Open file translations.txt in any text editor, read and make any corrections you want
  • Export everything back to game
  • Profit

Reactions: ktemanuel

mtmes

Mar 16, 2019
Hello,
at first this is a great Tool!

I will Modifying the game preferences, but can´t find nothing what you had wrote in your cool Tutorial! What´s wrong.
The game is Jessie : Mother's Sins

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Hello. I have a problem, I've been trying to translate Milfy City for three days. Three days of failures, I don't use a tab, but I always get the same error. I like this game, and with English poorly, I wanted to play in my native language. Please help.
Sorry for the mistakes.
Sorry for your english but i used google translator :).
Thank you in advance.
Yours sincerely.
Hello, my friend. If RenPy says that you have tabs, that you DO have tabs. And tabs are not allowed characters in RenPy scripts.
You can aways use Notepad++ and enable visualizing of spaces and tab characters there.
In file screens.rpy attached, you have tabs at lines 857, 858, 859.
tabs.PNG

I removed them for you, try this file.

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Hello,
at first this is a great Tool!

I will Modifying the game preferences, but can´t find nothing what you had wrote in your cool Tutorial! What´s wrong.
The game is Jessie : Mother's Sins
Hello, thanks for using this tool. You have to search for Preferences section, here it is at line 327:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So I just copy-pasted one of the frame blocks. Take a look at line 344 in attached file. And change "russian" to the name of your folder with translations. Hope it will work.

mtmes

Mar 16, 2019
At first, thanks füryour answers and help but when start the game (i had use your screen.rpy) und i look under option i can´t change anything
jsm1.jpg

greetz from germany to russia!

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Guys, I really can't download every game and change it's code instead of you. I wish to help all of you, but it takes too much time.
If you dont see the buttons, though they are in screens.rpy, there sould be the reason for it. The buttons can be located outside the screen, becouse they don't fit vertically, or you used wrong screens.rpy file, or any other reason. I wrote the tool, changing the game code is up to you.
There is an , if you need any help regarding python code, try asking there.
Also there is a Dev help sub-forum on F95 zone.

Last edited:
Reactions: mtmes

4ppendix

Feb 4, 2020
At first, thanks füryour answers and help but when start the game (i had use your screen.rpy) und i look under option i can´t change anything
View attachment 665596

greetz from germany to russia!
Try this ... download zzz, customize your language games, put the game in the folders. The language selection does not appear in the menu, but the game is displayed (in advance) in the selected language in the zzz file

Reactions: furrry2 and v01d_08

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Try this ... download zzz, customize your language games, put the game in the folders. The language selection does not appear in the menu, but the game is displayed (in advance) in the selected language in the zzz file
Nice solution, I've added this to Q/A section in the first post, thank you.

zxDARKzx

Sep 12, 2017
люди как при переводе игровых квадратов убивали перепробовал все не помогло.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes