Tool RenPy Translation tool

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Tacito

Forum Fanatic
Jul 15, 2017
Yeah, I found it, but I need to edit it somewhere, don't I rewrite it? Czech does not like the font style :
Have you searched in google for ttf and otf Czech fonts ?
Rename exactly as in the game and overwrite in game\fonts.
Backup original fonts before do that.
I don't know if it works :)

Last edited:
Reactions: v01d_08

Tacito

Forum Fanatic
Jul 15, 2017
Hey guys! Thanks for the amazing work on this post.
Thanks in advance for your help!
I have to recheck but I think I have the same problem with 0.7 , later I can try.
Have you tried 0.6 version ?

PS: yes I have the same error with 0.7 log attached

Last edited:

4ppendix

Feb 4, 2020

I didn't want to annoy you with my issue, but I really can't find any solutions... I'm trying to translate Insexual awakening in french.
I follow every steps, but every time and on several games, I get this message :

View attachment 641880

How many games did you translate in 24 hours? You can translate a million characters in 24 hours

4ppendix

Feb 4, 2020
Have you searched in google for ttf and otf Czech fonts ?
Rename exactly as in the game and overwrite in game\fonts.
Backup original fonts before do that.
I don't know if it works :)
It's clear to me that I have to rewrite it, but I need to know where to look, where is the font style of the dialogues? What file, then I can play

Tacito

Forum Fanatic
Jul 15, 2017
It's clear to me that I have to rewrite it, but I need to know where to look, where is the font style of the dialogues? What file, then I can play
Have you seen the images here about rpy?
https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-translation-tool.21920/post-3410025
If you look you see the font used for dialog and other things.
But what is the problem ? Try overwrite everything you want ... you have the backup

For example with Long trip to your mom , I overwrite Helvetica Headlines Bold.otf with the first otf found here

But I don't know if it is a corrected czech

long.jpg long1.jpg

Last edited:

4ppendix

Feb 4, 2020
Have you seen the images here about rpy?
https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-translation-tool.21920/post-3410025
If you look you see the font used for dialog and other things.
But what is the problem ? Try overwrite everything you want ... you have the backup

For example with Long trip to your mom , I overwrite Helvetica Headlines Bold.otf with the first otf found here

But I don't know if it is a corrected czech

View attachment 642306 View attachment 642307
Thanks. I'm not exactly an expert, I need some instructions for jerks:geek::LOL:

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018

I didn't want to annoy you with my issue, but I really can't find any solutions... I'm trying to translate Insexual awakening in french.
I follow every steps, but every time and on several games, I get this message :

Hello, EnriqueRiquitos, please click "Details" button and send me the text from an error window. I will take a look and fix it. Any ideas how to reproduce it? What was your last action before you saw this window?
Maybe you can give me your untransladed translations.txt file, so I can try to reproduce it on my side? Thanks.

I have to recheck but I think I have the same problem with 0.7 , later I can try.
Have you tried 0.6 version ?
PS: yes I have the same error with 0.7 log attached
Thanks for error logs, I will investigate this issue. Looks like it is not connected with translation, it is some error graphical interface (most likely updating statistic). I will try to fix. Any ideas how to reproduce it? What was your last action before you saw this window?

Last edited:

Tacito

Forum Fanatic
Jul 15, 2017
Thanks for error logs, I will investigate this issue. Looks like it is not connected with translation, it is some error graphical interface (most likely updating statistic). I will try to fix. Any ideas how to reproduce it? What was your last action before you saw this window?
Seems not related to the game because I try a translation that worked with previous version.
Generate translation seems ok.
Translate with yandex seems to work until the end.
But at the end there is this error and translation file is untouched
translate.jpg

Also with this game the last line of log
03.05.2020 14:17:25:557 Warning ThreadId 1 (, [1]CheckTags): Error at line 15947: number of tags in original and translation lines does not match

Last edited:

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Seems not related to the game because I try a translation that worked with previous version.
Generate translation seems ok.
Translate with yandex seems to work until the end.
But at the end there is this error and translation file is untouched
Can you give me your translations.txt with empty translations from this post? Or any other, which makes the error occur?

Tacito

Forum Fanatic
Jul 15, 2017
Can you give me your translations.txt with empty translations from this post? Or any other, which makes the error occur?
Yes , it is not from that post but from last
There are some lines , very few , not empty ... but I don't know if it is important
# script.rpy #1146
# i pou "???"
i pou "???"

Last edited:

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Version 0.07 fix 1

Fixed unhandled exception at the end of translation process. Thanks EnriqueRiquitos and Tacito for bug reports. Please redownload the 0.07 archive in the first post.

P.S. Tacito, the volume of text you provided was about 1 million characters, and because of bug you did not translate them. It is daily limit for Yandex. So if you will get a message that API returned empty results, just create a new account and with API key, or wait until tomorrow.

Reactions: Tacito

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Version 0.07 fix 2
Fixed escaping of double quotes, if online translator replaced single quotes with double.
Added application-wide error logging of unhandled exceptions. Now all exception text from error window will be written to Log.txt file. Thanks to 4ppendix for bug-report.

Please redownload the 0.07 archive in the first post!

Reactions: Tacito

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
I need advice on what the mistake is
4ppendix, there was a bug in my tool, so you czech translation of "Two weeks" game is broken. Delete all files from folder 'czech' in 'game/tl', and extract this files, I translated them for you with Google. Also replace the 'game\screens.rpy' file with this. It already has the language labels in Preferences.

Reactions: 4ppendix
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes