• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tool RenPy Translation tool

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
3) If you are 100% sure that you did everything correct, and nothing helps, please send me the Log.txt file after you see that errors
I see the error (first line in Log.txt) - you have a corrupted Settings.xml file from Setting folder. Let's take a look at it, please send it to me in a private message (don't remove the API key pls).

Also I see that you constantly get an error from Yandex with text "Vzdálený server vrátil chybu: (403) Zakázáno.", wich is "The remote server returned error: (403) Forbidden ". From Yandex documentation:
403 - Forbidden - The authorization data specified in the request is incorrect or access to the requested resource is denied.
So please also check if you set up account and API key correctly in Yandex admin panel.

Last edited:

xelion

Apr 8, 2018
I have a problem, this is happening to me all day

View attachment 618196 View attachment 618201
I see the error (first line in Log.txt) - you have a corrupted Settings.xml file from Setting folder. Let's take a look at it, please send it to me in a private message (don't remove the API key pls).

Also I see that you constantly get an error from Yandex with text "Vzdálený server vrátil chybu: (403) Zakázáno.", wich is "The remote server returned error: (403) Forbidden ". From Yandex documentation:

So please also check if you set up account and API key correctly in Yandex admin panel.
I just downloaded plumpcity, and I have tried to translate the game (into Spanish) with Yandex.

Everything has been perfect.

Therefore, as v01d_08 correctly says, you will have a corrupt file, which is causing it to not work for you.
also make sure you have correctly entered the Yandex API

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: v01d_08

4ppendix

Feb 4, 2020
I have a minor problem as I add to the settings language option when the file screens are missing. Thanks

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
hi. After translating, the text is not displayed correctly?
Hello, aaaabbbb2020. Please give us more information. What did you do step by step, what game it is, what were the languages, what translator did you use, etc?
Please attach your translations.txt file here (with translated text).

I have a minor problem as I add to the settings language option when the file screens are missing. Thanks
Give me the link to the game, I will take a look.

4ppendix

Feb 4, 2020

I still have a request for you. I've asked you before if you know where to change the font style? I have about 3 games where the font does not support certain letters in Czech that do not appear in the game. I tried searching here on the forum, found nothing useful.
Furthermore, I would like to ask whether it would be possible - realistic to create an export process in your program, for example in %? Today I exported dialogs for one game for over an hour. I was scratching my head to see if the program was doing anything or getting mlashed. Thanks.

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
New Version 0.07

Hi, folks, I'm sorry it took you so long to release the new version.
I tried to fix Google's translation as much as possible. According to their documentation, if there are html tags in the text, the translator will not touch them. But believe me or not, sometimes it touches them. Sometimes it breaks them, and there's nothing I can do about it. It happens rarely, but it still happens.

I replace all the tags like {} and [], as well as all the format specifiers like %s and %d, and all the escaped characters like \" with tricky html tags to save them. I tried to do my best for you. But sometimes Google will break my html tags or remove them from the string at all, and I will not be able to return everything back. Then the line breaks and you get an error message. But overall performance should be much better for now.

As for Yandex, all the tags like {} and [] seem to work through it, but it always breaks the format of specifiers like %s and %d if you translate into a language other than Latin letters. So, if you need to translate text where there are a lot of such specifiers for a language like into Russian (with cyrylic symbols), you better try Google.

Also, at the request of some users, I added a new checkbox (checked by default). By checking it, all lines with online translation errors, if any, will be automatically moved to the end of the translations.txt file, so you no longer need to search for them throughout the file.
The message will look like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also, the requirements for the program have changed a little, now it requires a newer version of runtime libraries. It is necessary for Google Libraries to work. So if the tool does not start, please update them.

I updated the first post and added an archive with version 0.07. As always, if you find any bugs, please send them here with Log.txt file.

Your Void.

Last edited:
Reactions: xelion and AVM666

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018

I still have a request for you. I've asked you before if you know where to change the font style? I have about 3 games where the font does not support certain letters in Czech that do not appear in the game. I tried searching here on the forum, found nothing useful.
Furthermore, I would like to ask whether it would be possible - realistic to create an export process in your program, for example in %? Today I exported dialogs for one game for over an hour. I was scratching my head to see if the program was doing anything or getting mlashed. Thanks.
Although the font in RenPy game is not very relevant to my program, I will try to investigate this issue. I will answer you later, whether I find a solution or not.
As for the progress bar, you are not the first to mention it. Yeah, I guess I'll have to add it. That's a good idea.

In the game Dark Neighbourhood the file screens.rpy located in 'game/scripts' folder, not in just 'game'. I added the labels for you at line 748, just change them as you need.

Last edited:

ktemanuel

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2019
I can't see the texts when I start the game, I don't know what I did wrong

Last edited:

aaaabbbb2020

Oct 23, 2019
Hello, aaaabbbb2020. Please give us more information. What did you do step by step, what game it is, what were the languages, what translator did you use, etc?
Please attach your translations.txt file here (with translated text).

Give me the link to the game, I will take a look.
hi.The problem was solved. Thanks.

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Hi, today I spent about 2 hours trying to make the Japanese font work in the game, but none of the instructions I found on the Internet, did not work.
In general, the description for RenPy engine says that "Ren'Py supports any left-to-right language that doesn't require ligatures. This includes English, French, Spanish, Czech, Slovak. Chinese and Japanese are supported if you can supply a suitable font."
So the idea is that Czech should work by default? Anyway, I don't know what the reason is, and I couldn't figure it out either. I tried to do the same as in the instructions, for example for the Japanese font, but it does not work:

If anyone knows how to help, please write some instructions.

4ppendix

Feb 4, 2020
Hi, today I spent about 2 hours trying to make the Japanese font work in the game, but none of the instructions I found on the Internet, did not work.
In general, the description for RenPy engine says that "Ren'Py supports any left-to-right language that doesn't require ligatures. This includes English, French, Spanish, Czech, Slovak. Chinese and Japanese are supported if you can supply a suitable font."

Maybe the Ren´Py program supports Czech, but the game developer has the reins in his hand. It determines the type, style of writing, some support for Czech is not at all ... We are too small a country for that. But thanks for the effort. Still tell me where to look for a font style in which file? Thanks

Last edited:

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Still tell me where to look for a font style in which file? Thanks
Czech republic is a great country, I wish I can move there for a long term living.
To find all fonts, you should use the program like Total Commander or Far, and search all 'ttf 'files in game folder. Use the mask *.ttf to find files.
But to change font in RenPy game, you probably need to change some code. Unfortunately I don't know how. But who knows, maybe you can just replace the original font file with yours with the same name. Maybe it will work :D
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tacito

Forum Fanatic
Jul 15, 2017
But to change font in RenPy game, you probably need to change some code. Unfortunately I don't know how. But who knows, maybe you can just replace the original font file with yours with the same name. Maybe it will work :D
Yes sometimes need to change also the code inside the game as in this case for greek
https://f95zone.to/threads/my-cute-roommate-v1-6-1-ex-beta-astaros3d.5405/post-3305467
or overwrite default font ... but I am not an expert :)

I try to translate The awakening , I have this problem but I don't know if can be easily fixed in your great tool.
The game has voice and text ... a lot , this what happen.

Renpy generate language , this is a line as example :
# game/intro.rpy:28
translate italian textAfterInput_ed475efa:

# voice "voices/announcer/1_3.mp3"
# y2 "Hello, [y2]. We have a lot of catching up to do. Shall we get started?"
voice "voices/announcer/1_3.mp3"
y2 ""

This is the text file generated by the tool:
# intro.rpy #36
y2 ""

and the result
# intro.rpy #36
y2 "voci/presentatore/1_3.mp3"

Last edited:

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Hello Tacito, thanks for your message. So if the game has voice messages, this breaks the tool? Very interesting, I did not test this case.
Where can I test this? Is the game The awakening is the one you are talking about?

Reactions: Tacito

4ppendix

Feb 4, 2020
Thanks for the advice, but I need a little more guidance on where to look. 108 files fell out on me, I'll search it by Christmas :cry:

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Thanks for the advice, but I need a little more guidance on where to look. 108 files fell out on me, I'll search it by Christmas :cry:
Something wrong with your search results. It does not show files, it shows all folders. The mask should be "*.ttf" (without quotes). No spaces, just 5 symbols - a star, a dot, and tree letters.

Tacito

Forum Fanatic
Jul 15, 2017
Probably they are in folder game\Fonts
Font.jpg
If you search in the rpy of that game
Font2.jpg Font3.jpg

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes