Tool RenPy Translation tool

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Joanky

Jan 12, 2020
[QUOTE = "Moricano, post: 2943301, miembro: 1198079"]
Para usar a través de Google es necesario activar una tarjeta de crédito, incluso si es para uso gratuito durante 30 días.
Ni siquiera uso una tarjeta, así que para mí este sistema nunca funcionará.
Y el otro Yandex también tiene un límite clave, tan pronto como alcanza las líneas máximas de traducción, deja de traducir, y para aumentar esto también tiene que pagar.
Alguien que pudiera crear un programa de traducción sin tener que usar estos sistemas pagos.
Después de todo, la traducción realizada en estos programas no es completamente funcional porque se traduce de todos modos, y luego nos vemos obligados a revisar la traducción línea por línea, ¡así que no tiene sentido pagar algo que no hace nada perfecto! (norte):enojado:
[/CITAR]
Usa Qtranslate es lento pero seguro.

D

Deleted member 1988399

I DID IT!! WORKS!! THANK YOU <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: v01d_08

McJimbo

Apr 3, 2018
So now my first clean translation got only partly the wrong forms, but I do not care.

Now I have another problem... the translator.....

Tried some translation pages for automatic translation.
All have a 10000 character limit.
Unfortunately, I initially believed that Google provided this service for free and translated some games 3-4 times because I didn't understand the error with the screens file
Now Google tells me that I only have $50 left on my test account.
Now I have deactivated the project, but is that enough? I don't want to get any unpleasant messages on my credit card statement.
Didn't upgrade either.
Now I'm thinking about buying a prepaid credit card with $20 credit and creating a new account at Google
that I'll get my starting test balance of $130 again

how do you do that?

Or is there a program that splits the translation and puts it back together afterwards?

Thanks

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Hello, McJimbo. You better ask google cloud or google pay support about all features of their system. It might happen that they don't accept pre-paid credit cards.
Or you can try using Yandex, it does not require credit cards.

McJimbo

Apr 3, 2018
I have already tested yandex and unfortunately I have to say that Google is very far ahead of us. As soon as something is written longer than in the dictionary, yandex does not recognize this and does not translate the word at all and sometimes translates 1:1 English into German (here the sentence structure does not fit)

Google does........ :(

kurakorte

May 19, 2019
It will be possible to make a version of RenPy Translation tool that uses other APIs. For example the Qtranslate suggested above?

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
It will be possible to make a version of RenPy Translation tool that uses other APIs. For example the Qtranslate suggested above?
Hello, Qtranslate doesn't provide translation API, it works only as stand-alone tool. As for other APIs - maybe in future, but currently I am to busy at my main job and real live, and unfortunetly there is no time for the hobby.

D

Deleted member 1004657

eu tinha a tradução em portugues na anterior , eu não coloquei a tradução na nova .
ele deve ter dados salvos em outro lugar do computador , preciso excluir alguem sabe um endereço local pasta onde possa estar esses fragmentos do jogo . ? ele não indica no erro note que ele possui save mesmo na nova .
1581017482752.png
1581017495386.png
1581017510398.png
1581017521423.png
novo jogo ele apresenta esse erro . help

D

Deleted member 1004657

estou iniciando ele sem a tradução ele esta apresentando esse erro
1581017903156.png

D

Deleted member 1004657

Resolvido ! , muito obrigado , eu so tinha que voltar o jogo para o idioma original antes de Traduzir a nova versão do jogo .
1581028135465.png

globcell

Feb 11, 2020
Thank you for making a wonderful tool.

Japanese translation of Yandex API is terrible. Google has a limited API. If possible, could you implement the Microsoft Translate text API?
This tool can use this for free up to 2 million characters.

Master Noda

Jan 25, 2020
Friend, I would like to ask if, after unpacking the rpa and rpyc files by unren, to do the translation, can I compress them again in their original formats, and what program can I use? Tank you.

leproso0413

May 26, 2017

Hi guys, I've created a tool for Windows, that helps to tranlste RenPy games, called TranslateRenPy.
It will help you to change language in your RenPy game. Currently it can grab all untranslated dialogues from the game to one file, so you can more easily translate it manually, or you can translate it with online translator (using this tool and online API), and then export all translated dialogues back into the game. Tnen just add several lines of code to create a custom menu, and you will be able to change language in your RenPy game.

Generate RenPy translations

At first, let me point that the tool works only with dialogues. The , which is used in some visual novels, is currently not supported. But it is really rare case, so you probably would not need it.

Now let's start. To work with translations, I assume that you have the RenPy engine installed. If not, go to and download the latest version. Then copy your RenPy game to the folder with RenPy sdk, so it looks like on screen below.

View attachment 194945

Then download , press 9 and wait untill all is extracted. After all done, go to the directory with you game, navigate to 'game' folder, and remove all files starting with 'UnRen'.
Now execute RenPy engine from sdk folder, select your project and press Generate Translations. Type your language name and select 'Generate empty strings'. Press Generate Translations, like on screen below. Navigate to YouGameFolder\game\tl, and there you should see a folder, which name you typed when generation translations on previous step.

View attachment 194948

Grabbing dialogues and manual translation

After you are done, execute this tool from any place. Copy global path of your folder with translations, for example C:\renpy-7.1.3-sdk\Milfy_City-0.5c-pc\game\tl\russian into the tool. Press 'Generate translations file', and if you done everywhing correct, the file 'translations.txt' will be generated near the executable of this tool. Open it, and you will see lines like this:

# scripts\beach\Beach_Event\MLR3_beach_cliff.rpy #6
# Mom "Have you ever been cliff jumping before?"
Mom ""

The first line is used by the tool, it should not be changed. The second line is original dialogue, and the third is empty translation. You should type the text between two double quotes. This 3 lines should not be separated by empty lines, it is required for a stable work of this tool.

After you done manual translation, you may want to import dialogues back into the game. Save the changes in translations.txt, and press the button 'Export dialogues from translation file'. The tool will export all non-empty translated dialogues back to the game, and remove them from the file.

Online translation

The online translation is performed via Google or Yandex API. For detailed instructions see the file Translate.API.pdf attathed to this thread or near the tool's executable.

So once you finish the translation, a 'completed' message appear, check the file translations.txt (located near the tool's executable), it should have all lines translated. Pay attention to 'Total dialogues' and 'Dialogues translated' labels to make sure there were no issues during translation. If all dialogues are not translated, then some errors occurred during API requests, just click 'Translate' button again, and the Tool will complete with remaining dialogues. After you are done, export dialogues back to game by pressing the 'Export dialogues' button. It can take some time, in case you don't have SSD disk, be patient.
Now you have all dialogues translated and located in YourRenPyGame\game\tl\yourlang directory. If any errors occur, the tool will show you the line number in translations.txt file and a short description of this error.

Modifying the game preferences

After all done, we need to make possible for user to change translation using RenPy change language feature. Go to the directory with you game, navigate to 'game' folder, and open file screens.rpy in your text editor. Find the line
if renpy.variant("pc")
it should be located in 'preferences' section. If there is no such line, find 'hbox' or 'vbox' or 'frame' and insert next code after it, starting from new line (please note, that the number of spaces is important! see screen below. Tab symbols are not allowed by RenPy, use only spaces. Also change 'Russian' to your language, and the second 'russian' exactly to the name of folder with your translations, case sensitive). But keep in mind, that screens.rpy is unique in every game, so there is no exact scenario, how to modify it. You are responsible for this on your own. The main idea is to insert a block, similar to existing, and add 2 textbuttons.

Python:
vbox:
    style_prefix "pref"
    label _("Language")
    textbutton "English" action Language(None)
    textbutton "Russian" action Language("russian")
or if your preferences screen contains frames:
Python:
frame:
    style_prefix "pref" #or any other style depending on your code
    has vbox: #add if your frame is inside vbox section
        xfill True #add if your frame is inside vbox section
    label _("Language")
    textbutton "English" action Language(None)
    textbutton "Russian" action Language("russian")
View attachment 221326 View attachment 221328

Now start the game (either from game executable or from RenPy engine 'Launch Project'). Click on Preferences (or similar label) in main menu of the game, and you will see the Language section on Preferences tab. So you are able to change the language now (if the label with the name of your language is disabled, probably the name of the folder with translations and the string with lang name in screens.rpy do not match). If you changed the language - congratulations.
You can give the folder with translations and a file screens.rpy to any person who has the same version of the game, and it will work like a charm.
Of course the machine translation is not the same as human, but sometimes it is much better than nothing.
This tool requires to be installed, if you failed to start this tool on your PC, install it.
. The program is packed with .net packer, so several engines consider it as unsafe with low score, please don't pay attention.
This RenPy Translation tool is still in development phase, so if you found any issues - please report them here with Log.txt file, which is located near executable.

If you used this tool to translate a game - please leave a comment about your experience in this thread.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
One question. Will you add the translator Deepl? because he is the best of all and is one of the best translators

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Friend, I would like to ask if, after unpacking the rpa and rpyc files by unren, to do the translation, can I compress them again in their original formats, and what program can I use? Tank you.
I'm not sure, but probably to compress them again, you have to build the distribution using RenPy engine.

One question. Will you add the translator Deepl? because he is the best of all and is one of the best translators
Maybe in future, but currently I am busy in real life.

leproso0413

May 26, 2017
I'm not sure, but probably to compress them again, you have to build the distribution using RenPy engine.

Maybe in future, but currently I am busy in real life.
Ah ok. No problem. I'd love it if you could add Deepl and it would really be one of Renpy's best tools for translating, I'd appreciate it when you can do it. Thank you so much and you're a genius.

Feb 7, 2020
Hi. it works really great. But there is a problem.
special characters do not appear in translation

for example = ş ç ü ğ bla bla
appears as a question mark

How can I fix?

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Hi. it works really great. But there is a problem.
special characters do not appear in translation

for example = ş ç ü ğ bla bla
appears as a question mark

How can I fix?
Hello, sorry for a late response. Can you send me your translations.txt file, so I can try it? Also what translator do you use, yandex or google?

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes