MarcelPappas

Feb 15, 2019
Yes, I know so, but as you correctly pointed in one of your earlier posts, even tho I type exactly what I want in the rpy file, it appears in squares in-game.
If I use Latin alphabet characters it appears normally. This only occurs when I type Greek in my txt.
Yet however the game is compatible with non ASCII characters, since cyrillic (Russian), and even Korean (!), appear normally.

So, if you re-read my last post, the only instructions I need (step by step if possible), is:

How to get the greek characters I type in each rpy to appear exactly as I type them in-game, instead of squares.

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
Yes, I know so, but as you correctly pointed in one of your earlier posts, even tho I type exactly what I want in the rpy file, it appears in squares in-game.
If I use Latin alphabet characters it appears normally. This only occurs when I type Greek in my txt.
Yet however the game is compatible with non ASCII characters, since cyrillic (Russian), and even Korean (!), appear normally.

So, if you re-read my last post, the only instructions I need (step by step if possible), is:

How to get the greek characters I type in each rpy to appear exactly as I type them in-game, instead of squares.

my last and best suggestion is to go here and ask for better help I am not to sure if renpy is compatible so it best to ask there then here I'm only a beginner of at this stuff

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017

You need to have the game use a Greek font. If it has Cyrillic and Korean fonts, those languages will show up correctly.

Have you read the translation documentation at ?

alastres

Mar 25, 2018
Hi everyone! I need help with this game. I don't kno why but I'm really stucked. I'ts like is missing something that triggers a lot of events in a lot of girls. I will write things that I think should happen, based in the walkthrough.
-Roomate. Oneheart. Ibought the fitness dress and the night clothes, but nothing more happens.
-Trainer. I cannot manage to ask her to train me to fight. I can only train my strength, work there and see the two ways she is training.
-Ana. I did the night foto of her and Barbara, I go to barbaras, I show the fotos to her but nothing else happens.
-Emily. I had the foto session with her nude, and the cowgirl. Nothing more. I cannot manage to buy anything else.

All stuff in the store that is available it's bought. Something is wrong and I cannot figure what :(

Please Help!

Last edited:

cdr1000

Jan 2, 2020
hi guys,

what s new in My_cute_roommate-161ex-win in comparision with My cute roommate-160ex_BETA-win?
I see no new tasks!

Tacito

Forum Fanatic
Jul 15, 2017
The better way is create a new language for greek see here
https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-translation-tool.21920/

Now you have to search fonts with greek character in google and download example TTF.
You have to change the rpy file inside the game to use your font , example search for korean settings in all rpy so you have an idea how to set for greek.

This is a little example , backup your game so you can replace files you modify.

When you start new game ... narrator say ...

Copy the font attached in game/font

Now we change the default font used by narrator with opensans_greek.ttf in script.rpy line 50
Python:
define ggi = Character("", who_outlines=[(3, "#222222", 0, 0)], ctc=anim.Blink("arrow.png"), what_color="d5d8dc",  what_font='font/NanumGothicCoding-Regular.ttf' if _preferences.language == "korean" else "font/Lora-BoldItalic.ttf", what_size = 34, window_background=None, window_xfill=False)
With

Python:
define ggi = Character("", who_outlines=[(3, "#222222", 0, 0)], ctc=anim.Blink("arrow.png"), what_color="d5d8dc",  what_font='font/NanumGothicCoding-Regular.ttf' if _preferences.language == "korean" else "font/opensans_greek.ttf", what_size = 34, window_background=None, window_xfill=False)
As you can see now narrator use as default font opensans_greek.ttf
Now we translate in greek line 13 of beginning.rpy in \game\tl\english
Now start new game (english) with old define ggi and the new define ggi

english.jpg greek.jpg

But there is not only the setting for narrator in rpy files and probably you need other fonts.
Search as example how korean is setted in the game.
Attached there is the new font and script.rpy , line 50 you can enable disable default or greek font as you need , swap the #.
You have a lot of work to do :)
I don't know anything about greek so ...

Last edited:
Reactions: v01d_08

MarcelPappas

Feb 15, 2019
Thank you so much Goobdoob and Tacito!
You pointed me out to the correct direction.
My main issue was this, if I had to change in-game code or just install a font or a module.
Thank you!

Tacito

Forum Fanatic
Jul 15, 2017
My main issue was this, if I had to change in-game code or just install a font or a module.
Thank you!
If you don't want to touch the code I think you can overwrite actual font with the new using the same name.
It is not an elegant solution ... :)

MarcelPappas

Feb 15, 2019
That was exactly my thinking. Replace e.g. Korean with Greek, and translating only the rpy files.
All I have to do is replace as many Korean fonts as the developer uses (probably only 1), so I will only mess around in the "tl" folder.
Will test it tonight!
Thanks again Tacito, you've been a great help!

Reactions: Tacito

MarcelPappas

Feb 15, 2019
Tacito, even tho you helped me for the 95% of the knowledge I needed, I still need that important 5% key factor.
Where did you find the 'script.rpy" you posted, and since I dont know this, I dont know in which folder to put it as well.

I searched every folder, opened every file, I ddn't find anything similar with the file you posted.
I highly doubt it's because I have the compressed version, and I guess it's not a "hidden" file either...
So, what do I miss?

Tacito

Forum Fanatic
Jul 15, 2017
Where did you find the 'script.rpy" you posted, and since I dont know this, I dont know in which folder to put it as well.
In game folder you find script.rpyc , it is the compiled version and you can't edit it.
To decompile all rpyc you can use unren
https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-ba...compiler-console-developer-menu-enabler.3083/

Now in the folder you have *.rpyc and *.rpy.
rpy is editable , when you run the game the new rpy is compiled and overwrite old rpyc

If you put script.rpy in game folder this overwrite script.rpyc when you run the game
The same happen when you edit rpy in tl folder

script.jpg

If you have all the rpy you can search korean :)
korean.jpg

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 172 Votes