MarcelPappas

Feb 15, 2019
you will need to install a Greek font that have those special characters and import that to the game as well

Style Translations
It may be necessary to change styles – especially font-related styles – when translating a game. Ren'Py handles this with translate style blocks and translate python blocks. These blocks can change language-related variables and styles. For example:
Code:
translate piglatin style default:
font "stonecutter.ttf"
or equivalently:
Code:
translate piglatin python:
style.default.font = "stonecutter.ttf"
When a language is activated – either at the start of the game, or after a language change – Ren'Py resets the styles to their contents at the end of the init phase. It then runs all translate python blocks and translate style blocks associated with the current language, guaranteeing that blocks appearing earlier in a file are executed first. Finally, it rebuilds styles, allowing the changes to take effect.
Style translations may be added to any .rpy file.
So the issue is I need to install a greek font as of a "Ren'Py greek characters mod" or something?
Sorry for the noobish question, but its just for clarification since I can see greek everywhere else in my PC (even txts and such)
Thanks again!

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
So the issue is I need to install a greek font as of a "Ren'Py greek characters mod" or something?
Sorry for the noobish question, but its just for clarification since I can see greek everywhere else in my PC (even txts and such)
Thanks again!
you said that you are trying to translate this game in greek right renpy doesn't have those fonts installed by default so you have to put it in yourself that why you see [][][][][][] in some places

MarcelPappas

Feb 15, 2019
Allright, last one and sorry if I am getting out of topic.
I was just editing the txts.
Do i need to download a whole ren'py editor to make them appear? or is it as simple as running an .exe to update it?
(Even tho I found nothing like it online)

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
Allright, last one and sorry if I am getting out of topic.
I was just editing the txts.
Do i need to download a whole ren'py editor to make them appear? or is it as simple as running an .exe to update it?
(Even tho I found nothing like it online)
no you don't need to download renpy at all

just make folder called font and download greek fonts from here put it in the folder font then put it into the game folder

then you put this in the translation file

Code:
translate piglatin style default:
font "font/SPIonic.ttf"
or

Code:
translate piglatin python:
style.default.font = "font/SPIonic.ttf"

MarcelPappas

Feb 15, 2019
Turns out I'll ask once more :p
In the renpy/translation folder I must add the code above in which of all the files that it contains?

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
Turns out I'll ask once more :p
In the renpy/translation folder I must add the code above in which of all the files that it contains?

only for the greek translation only you won't need to edit any other translation files that's not for greek

MarcelPappas

Feb 15, 2019
Unfortunatelly there are no specific files for each languages translation in the "translation" folder.
I know I already wasted a lot of your time, but if u have the game downladed, check it as well, so we know we look at the same files :)

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
Unfortunatelly there are no specific files for each languages translation in the "translation" folder.
I know I already wasted a lot of your time, but if u have the game downladed, check it as well, so we know we look at the same files :)
there translation files in the tl folder that where you put the translation file into but there no greek translation you would have to make you own that what you said the first time that you are making one

how to free the rat to scare the sectary?
the game tells how to do it just don't skip

it's the same way when you give your cousin or anna the items in inventory

Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019
there translation files in the tl folder that where you put the translation file into but there no greek translation you would have to make you own that what you said the first time that you are making one

the game tells how to do it just don't skip

it's the same way when you give your cousin or anna the items in inventory
I tried but it keep saying "can't use item here."

MarcelPappas

Feb 15, 2019
Seems like there is no translate file in the other languages as well.
I was trying to mod an existing language (e.g. french), and just change the text to greek, but it ddnt work...

Any ideas reyminator?

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
there is you just not looking you are properly only seeing rpyc files you would have to use unen then put it where the exe is then double click it then hit 2 then enter

My_cute_roommate-1.6.1ex-win\My_cute_roommate-1.6.1ex-win\game\tl

games <- open folder
lib
renpy
mcr.exe

cache
font
GH
images
saves
tl < - open folder

I see
Screen03.JPG
Screen02.JPG

MarcelPappas

Feb 15, 2019
Yes yes, I know where the rpy files I have to edit.
I also put the font file you linked me into the "fonts" folder along with the other ones.
What I do not know is, in which folder is the "translation" file that I have to modify and add the code lines you wrote earlier, in order to start showing the Greek characters instead of the squares.

The strangest thing is that, when I edit different text files, in particular the line that says "enter your name", it show all the greek characters perfectly!
I guess the are stated as different arteiburttes in the initial code, so it seems it has no problem with the different alphabet showing, else it would mess with those too :(

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
for each line that has to be translation in every rpy file

so for everything that has to change this part here even though it's greyed out it's important

Code:
# game/bar_bathroom.rpy:21
here what it looks like if you open up bar_bathroom.rpy and go to line 21 you should find

Code:
# game/bar_bathroom.rpy:21
translate french bar_bathroom_out_ae7a5aa0:

# ma "Eeeek! You're a Pervert! Get out of here! Pervert!"
    ma "Eeeek! tu es un pervers! Sors d'ici! Pervert!"

3.30 star(s) 172 Votes