Tool RenPy Translation tool

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

ktemanuel

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2019
Please reproduce this error again, and then attach the file Log.txt here, I will take a look, maybe it contains some errors.

This error message means that Google did not send you the list of available languages for some reason. It also possible, that your google.json file contains some errors, or you did not turn on your cloud API, or or account expired, or there is no money left, etc - so Google does not respond to your requests.

Also there can be another reason - the translation tool can be blocked by your Firewall or some kind of network wall in your antivirus . Make sure it is turned off or you added the tool to exceptions.
attach the file Log.txT

▌Gin ▐

Engaged Member
Aug 15, 2019
v01d_08 to ADD language to a game that has only one, in the 'SCEENS.RPY' files I should use?
will you please write it down for me?

p.s. I tried to use the 'zzz.rpy' file as usual but this time it doesn't work.

wasya2009

Dec 13, 2018
v01d_08 to ADD language to a game that has only one, in the 'SCEENS.RPY' files I should use?
will you please write it down for me?

p.s. I tried to use the 'zzz.rpy' file as usual but this time it doesn't work.
Сечешь в русском? я целое полотно расписал, просто лень 100500 раз расписывать одно и то же лентяям, которые первый пост не читают.
Или оффициальная документация на английском(если в гугл забанили)

▌Gin ▐

Engaged Member
Aug 15, 2019
Сечешь в русском? я целое полотно расписал, просто лень 100500 раз расписывать одно и то же лентяям, которые первый пост не читают.
Или оффициальная документация на английском(если в гугл забанили)
Друг мой, я не знаю русского языка, а что касается ленивого человека, то я прочитал первое сообщение, оно объясняет, как ЗАМЕНИТЬ язык, а не как создать скрипт из ничего, может быть, ты не прочитал первое сообщение...
В любом случае, я собираюсь изучить официальный путеводитель.
Спасибо.
My friend, I don't know Russian, and as for the lazy person, I read the first post, it explains how to REPLACE a language not how to create a script from nothing, maybe you didn't read the first post...
Anyway, I'm going to study the official guidebook.
Thank you.

wasya2009

Dec 13, 2018
Друг мой, я не знаю русского языка, а что касается ленивого человека, то я прочитал первое сообщение, оно объясняет, как ЗАМЕНИТЬ язык, а не как создать скрипт из ничего, может быть, ты не прочитал первое сообщение...
В любом случае, я собираюсь изучить официальный путеводитель.
Спасибо.
My friend, I don't know Russian, and as for the lazy person, I read the first post, it explains how to REPLACE a language not how to create a script from nothing, maybe you didn't read the first post...
Anyway, I'm going to study the official guidebook.
Thank you.
Sorry. Yes, I did not understand what you specifically need to write a new script
"to ADD language to a game that has only one, in the 'SCEENS.RPY' files I should use? " - ??? "either skis don't go, or I'm a fool"(russian slang), but here it is indicated that you need to add a language - using post #1, No? decide whether you need to add another language or replace - these are two big differences and two completely different methods of translation, why should I think out for you if you cannot formulate your idea?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If you want to write a new script(renpy), the first thing to learn is the syntax of this language, isn't it? And if you need ready-made, then this is only if someone has nothing to do and/or have "free - time of the wagon"(russian slang)

Last edited:

▌Gin ▐

Engaged Member
Aug 15, 2019
Better specify which game you are talking about ;)
Ciao Tacito, si tratta del gioco 'Little Sister [v0.3] [Master Wuju]' - ho tradotto 5 giochi prima di questo e non ho mai avuto problemi con il file zzz.rpy, ora questo gioco funziona perfettamente nella cartella 'sdk' ma quando creo l'auto estraente e lo testo il menu è in Italiano ma il gioco parte in Inglese. (l'auto estraente l'ho rifatto 3 volte), ecco perchè ho opato per la scelta della lingua nel menu.
Hi Tacito, this is the game 'Little Sister [v0.3] [Master Wuju]' - I translated 5 games before this one and I never had problems with the zzz.rpy file, now this game works perfectly in the 'sdk' folder but when I create the auto extract and text it the menu is in Italian but the game starts in English. (I did the auto extract 3 times), that's why I opted for the choice of the language in the menu.

Last edited:

▌Gin ▐

Engaged Member
Aug 15, 2019
Sorry. Yes, I did not understand what you specifically need to write a new script
"to ADD language to a game that has only one, in the 'SCEENS.RPY' files I should use? " - ??? "either skis don't go, or I'm a fool"(russian slang), but here it is indicated that you need to add a language - using post #1, No? decide whether you need to add another language or replace - these are two big differences and two completely different methods of translation, why should I think out for you if you cannot formulate your idea?
If you want to write a new script(renpy), the first thing to learn is the syntax of this language, isn't it? And if you need ready-made, then this is only if someone has nothing to do and/or have "free - time of the wagon"(russian slang)
Sorry if I'm not making myself clear, but I use an online translator.
Little is better than nothing (Italian slang)

Tacito

Forum Fanatic
Jul 15, 2017
No is 'Little Sister [v0.3] [Master Wuju]'
This is only the new screens.rpy where you can set language in preferences "italian".
But I have to check the game to verify if there is something other in priority ... later :)

Python:
init -501 screen preferences():

vbox:
                    style_prefix "check"
                    label _("Skip")
                    textbutton _("Unseen Text") action Preference("skip", "toggle")
                    textbutton _("After Choices") action Preference("after choices", "toggle")
                    textbutton _("Transitions") action InvertSelected(Preference("transitions", "toggle"))

vbox:
                    style_prefix "radio"
                    label _("Language")
                    textbutton "English" action Language(None)
                    textbutton "Italiano" action Language("italian")

Last edited:

wasya2009

Dec 13, 2018
This is only the new screens.rpy where you can set language in preferences "italian".
But I have to check the game to verify if there is something other in priority ... later :)

I may be confusing something, but this is from post #1, and he needs something else... another

No is 'Little Sister [v0.3] [Master Wuju]'
scrivi in 2 lingue, inglese e madrelingua, per renderti più comprensibile (utilizziamo anche traduttori online e talvolta traducono in modo diverso)

Reactions: ▌Gin ▐

▌Gin ▐

Engaged Member
Aug 15, 2019

Python:
init -501 screen preferences():

vbox:
                    style_prefix "check"
                    label _("Skip")
                    textbutton _("Unseen Text") action Preference("skip", "toggle")
                    textbutton _("After Choices") action Preference("after choices", "toggle")
                    textbutton _("Transitions") action InvertSelected(Preference("transitions", "toggle"))

vbox:
                    style_prefix "radio"
                    label _("Language")
                    textbutton "English" action Language(None)
                    textbutton "Italiano" action Language("italian")
Grazie Tacito, la scritta appare ma non è selezionabile. Come dici tu ci sono altre priorità, quando puoi e se puoi...
Thank you Tacito, the inscription appears but is not selectable. As you say there are other priorities

Screenshot_3.jpg

wasya2009

Dec 13, 2018
my brian is boiled...

you have an error in the tl/ path
there must be an italian folder

finaly path view game/tl/italian

all this in have
post #1 this topic :WeSmart:

Last edited:
Reactions: Tacito

Tacito

Forum Fanatic
Jul 15, 2017
Grazie Tacito, la scritta appare ma non è selezionabile. Come dici tu ci sono altre priorità, quando puoi e se puoi...
Thank you Tacito, the inscription appears but is not selectable. As you say there are other priorities

View attachment 784418
Edit scripts.rpy change "italian" with "it".
But the problem is not language settings but some problems with different compilation with rpa or not , patch labels override ... they change the references tag of the translation

Reactions: ▌Gin ▐

wasya2009

Dec 13, 2018
Edit scripts.rpy change "italian" with "it".
But the problem is not language settings but some problems with different compilation with rpa or not , patch labels override ... they change the references tag of the translation
No, it can't select Italian language in the settings, and this happens if there is no folder with the language

2 methods:
-change path to game/tl/italian(and in italian folder paste files)
or
-change script in screen.rpy(Tacito)

Last edited:

Tacito

Forum Fanatic
Jul 15, 2017
No, it can't select Italian language in the settings, and this happens if there is no folder with the language
I said the same thing :) ... change "italian" to "it" in scripts.rpy
You can't paste file from folder it to a new italian because in .rpy there is
# game/scripts/intro.rpy:134
translate it intro_165694ef:

or you have to change translate it with translate italian in all the .rpy if you create the new folder

but the problem is not language settings

Last edited:

▌Gin ▐

Engaged Member
Aug 15, 2019
ginofrio
please show me mysteries file zzz.rpy
è quello che uso da quando ho iniziato a fare traduzioni (5 giorni)
La cartella si chiama 'it' non 'italian' e non 'italiano'
is what I've been using since I started doing translations (5 days).
The folder is called 'it' not 'italian' and not 'Italiano'

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes