Tool RenPy Translation tool

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

kurakorte

May 19, 2019
mymemory.translated.net/doc/usagelimits.php
an API with a free, anonymous limit of 1000 words / day. If you put an interval of about 5000 ms maybe you can translate a complete game without suffering penalties.
or
The 5000 ms interval is used by Dreamsavior (translator ++) to successfully translate rpgm games from google. Maybe you can do the same.

Reactions: DonoDaCasa

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
mymemory.translated.net/doc/usagelimits.php
an API with a free, anonymous limit of 1000 words / day. If you put an interval of about 5000 ms maybe you can translate a complete game without suffering penalties.
Thanks for your comment. mymemory.translated.net offers 10k words a day if you provide email. Sad, but to translate a game this is not enough. On average, one word has 5 characters, so it's only 50k chars. An everage game has 500k chars, which is 10 times more. :cry:

The 5000 ms interval is used by Dreamsavior (translator ++) to successfully translate rpgm games from google. Maybe you can do the same.
Google is already working fine in my tool, you can translate up to 1kk chars per minute, or 10kk per day. In general, Google should be enough for all of us, so just use it.

Also recently one forum member adviced to take a look at Microsoft. So I found that they have public API.

UPD. I've investigated about Microsoft, they have only 30 days free (Google has 1 year):
$200 Azure credit for the first 30 days
If you want to use a service that is not in the list of free services, or if you use more than the free service limits, you get charged for that usage. In the first 30 days after you've created your free account, this charge is deducted from $200 that you get for free. When you've spent the $200 or your 30 days are up, you will be charged for any service usage that is beyond the free service limits.
I continue to search no-limit and free translator.

Last edited:

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I continue to search no-limit and free translator.
You might want to check Yandex API at least as an alternative for certain cases - all eggs in one basket and such :)
Quote from ToU '... the volume of the text translated: 1,000,000 characters per day but not more than 10,000,000 per month. '

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
You might want to check Yandex API at least as an alternative for certain cases - all eggs in one basket and such :)
Quote from ToU '... the volume of the text translated: 1,000,000 characters per day but not more than 10,000,000 per month. '
Yandex API was implemented since creation of this tool, see the first post. But unfortunately it is no longer free.
Of сourse Yandex still working, and can still be used by game creators, but for most of people, who translate lots of games to their native language, pay for every char turns out suboptimal. But it looks like the days of free cheese are over.

Last edited:

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Yandex API was implemented since creation of this tool, see the first post. But unfortunately it is no longer free.
Of сourse Yandex still working, and can still be used by game creators, but for most of people, who translate lots of games to their native language, pay for every char turns out suboptimal. But it looks like the days of free cheese are over.
Can you link where you got the 'not free anymore ' from? Both the web interface and Terms of Use are still as they always have been - so i am actually confused.

haguencl

Nov 12, 2019
Consulta como configuraron la api de google para que traduciera por que no me la toma ya que TranslateRenPy me arroja error al momento de traducir algo

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Version 0.07 update 5

Hello guys, as some of you requested, I've just added a checkbox that helps to replace all broken dialogues with original untranslated lines, so you dont have to fix them by hands.
Hope this functionality will help in those cases where you just want to translate the game, and some untranslated dialogues are not a big deal.

elensarfinrod

Apr 11, 2019
hello I am translating but it disrupts the game's menus. how do i fix it

error only occurs when I open the save and load screens

Except for these screens, the game works normally.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
hello I am translating but it disrupts the game's menus. how do i fix it

error only occurs when I open the save and load screens

Except for these screens, the game works normally.
Hi, please attach the file game/screens.rpy, I will take a look.
To what language did you translate? What translator did you use?

Last edited:

elensarfinrod

Apr 11, 2019
Hi, please attach the file game/screens.rpy, I will take a look.
To what language did you translate? What translator did you use?
Google translate-Turkish
the game is running but when i select the save or load screen from the menu this error appears on the screen
I get the same error in all games :(

Last edited:

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Can you give the link to the game? Because I downloaded Windows version of the game from official thread, and the screens.rpy file differs fromthe one that you provided. So I can't launch the game and try your file. Where did you get it?

Last edited:

v01d_08

Modder
Jan 2, 2018
Strange, your screens.rpy file is exactly the same, as the original one.
Can you please archive your game\tl\turkish folder, and attach zip archive here, so I can take a look, maybe there are some issues with the translated files.

Tacito

Forum Fanatic
Jul 15, 2017
I compared it too, but I did not see a difference. Hopefully the problem will be fixed. because i love this program. :(
v01d_08
In the translation you have to correct line like this

See in the original there are no spaces after %
# game/screens.rpy:645
old "{#file_time}%A, %B %d %Y, %H:%M"
new "{#file_time}% A,% B %d% Y,% H:% M"

Or this
\ n newline there is no space between \n
# game/screens.rpy:563
old "Made with {a= }Ren'Py{/a} [renpy.version_only].\n\n[renpy.license!t]"
new "{a= } Ren'Py {/a} [renpy.version_only] ile yapıldı. \ n \n [renpy.license!t]"

PS: and in the first example there is no need to translate ... but if you want you can copy the old.
In the second only "Made with" ... need a translation , without touch other things in the string

Last edited:
Reactions: v01d_08

elensarfinrod

Apr 11, 2019
In the translation you have to correct line like this

See in the original there are no spaces after %
# game/screens.rpy:645
old "{#file_time}%A, %B %d %Y, %H:%M"
new "{#file_time}% A,% B %d% Y,% H:% M"

Or this
\ n newline there is no space between \n
# game/screens.rpy:563
old "Made with {a= }Ren'Py{/a} [renpy.version_only].\n\n[renpy.license!t]"
new "{a= } Ren'Py {/a} [renpy.version_only] ile yapıldı. \ n \n [renpy.license!t]"

PS: and in the first example there is no need to translate ... but if you want you can copy the old.
In the second only "Made with" ... need a translation , without touch other things in the string
it didn't work. Did you fix it?

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes